Sounds like a fun idea
39% (23)
39% (23)
I don't know I'm to lazy to decide
8.5% (5)
8.5% (5)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What if Michael Bay rebooted Power Rangers? O.O

Alright admit it, at least once in your life you thought that Power Rangers was Bad Ass until we all hit puberty, why do I bring this up? I'll tell you why, since Michael Bay made a trilogy out of Transformers, and not Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles but Teenage ALIEN!!! Ninja Turtles is currently in production as I speak, how I think of the idea is for another thread. (I HATE IT!!!)
Back to Power Rangers, since all of these child hood kid shows are being milked dry for money, Power Rangers might as well get some milking action also.
Yeah, I understand that Power Rangers is guilty for one dimensional stories, characters, environments villains, and the skin tight suits can at times be cancerous to the eyes, but if the next movie focused on the martial arts, zords, team work and being a good person which what dragged into it in the first place, work on the story, characters, environments, villains and the suits, then we got a real decent rep off here.
You don't have to read past here, it's just my little more detailed idea on the reboot, feel free to express in text form how you like/liked the franchise, how much you hate it, or what you think that reboot boot should be like, and if you read my idea I think you might be surprised.

As far as we know it all of organic life has been wiped out from a virus, but before the last living human on record died, the last human was kept alive long enough to fix this problem, that person who couldn't cure the virus, came up with a substitute, which was if human couldn't live then prostatic life will then replace organic life, and to give the robots a sense of destiny, the majority of the robot are androids that believe that they are living breathing humans, with prostatic memories, and to keep the androids running they all have an suspended animation function, that would be activated when they blink or sleep, worker droids to turn them off, to see if they need any update memories or modified body parts and are then switch back on at a distance offcourse so they are not seen, but the program has a one and a hundred thousand chance of falling, which means they cannot be controlled, if they can't be controlled they will see the truth, so they would be captured to be fixed or destroyed if necessary.
This is where the Power Rangers come in, not all Androids are captured, it's very rare but some escape and have started a resistance against the reign of control to fight for truth.
The Power Rangers then discover a race of human beings that are resistant to the virus, when the robots that have the control also discover the last of the humans, they then try to kill the last of the human race because all they are programed to know is that what can't be controlled must be destroyed.
I hope the story will doing a good job of questioning what control is and what it means to be alive, no I don't think we're all secretly androids, but think of it this way if, all this was true then the robot over lords would of made sure that I never would of written a thread about this little lone coming up with this idea in the first place and yeah I know it's a bit like the matrix but I haven't seen that formula used in movie in years.
The one thing I'm looking forward mostly is the Martial arts, which I think was the first thing that got me into Martial arts in the first place and am now training in MMA.
Come on guys, what do you think of the Power Rangers, what you think of Sci-Fi like the Matrix, what do you think of Martial arts?

Damn you stupid poll, you never work!

I don't know. While it could be fun, I think it's just too close to a kiddie, live-action anime for it to come out of whatever wringer Bay would put it through to come out being anything good.

it would be better if all the power rangers were made into scantily clad women...

1/2 naked women + lots of explosions = great entertainment...

Where are the monsters?
Mighty Morphin already had a pretty good movie with Ivan Ooze.
If I were to get a reboot(of a thing thats still going) just reboot mighty morphin
I wanna see the original zords look realistic and those original monsters like eye guy.

Personally I think theres no way could fuck it up, which it took him 0.01 second to do with the turtles by making them aliens which would mean they arent teenage, mutant, ninjas or turtles.

He should do Swat Katts, how could he fuck that up. Explosions, alien cats etc all he wants for his lazy directing.

I STILL wouldn't watch it. I never understood the popularity of those shows to begin with.

CODE-D:
Where are the monsters?
Mighty Morphin already had a pretty good movie with Ivan Ooze.
If I were to get a reboot(of a thing thats still going) just reboot mighty morphin
I wanna see the original zords look realistic and those original monsters like eye guy.

Personally I think theres no way could fuck it up, which it took him 0.01 second to do with the turtles by making them aliens which would mean they arent teenage, mutant, ninjas or turtles.

He should do Swat Katts, how could he fuck that up. Explosions, alien cats etc all he wants for his lazy directing.

Well if I'm in charge, there will be monsters but in robot form, and I respect that you want the series to stay the same as a reboot, but in PR orginal and realistic don't work together if you want a blockbuster.

That's probably one franchise he could improve. Seriously. Go back and watch the original Power Rangers. It's terrible. Some things I watched as a kid hold up (the 90's Batman and Spider-Man animated series). Some things do not, and Power Rangers is one.

The internet will asplode. Again. Big whoop, don't watch it or buy the toys. Complain all you want about the orginal series, it doesn't matter. With the subsequent cartoon spinoff from the movie there will be a new generation of fans who think your Power Rangers is crap.

Stop trying to win, you can't so just accept the man will make movies until a fanatic takes him out or people stop watching them. And yes, you're helping him by only seeing the movie just to prove how bad it is.

Moo!

use the G1 rangers, cause it was still cool then, and yeah, could be good

least we'll know the plot and character arcs will be Bay's speed

Sounds fun, I can't think of how he could mess that up.

BangSmashBoom: If this ends up happening, I will blame you and you alone.

It would be awful. Undoubtedly.

Honestly, I find the original series to be charming, if fundamentally flawed. Also, there are quite a few series within Power Rangers that I would classify as "good" without having to qualify it (Power Rangers in Space, Lost Galaxy, SPD, etc.).

Just leave Michael Bay out of it. There's NOTHING he could bring to the series that wouldn't just piss off the fans.

Also, Linkara's head would explode.

It might actually be good. More explosions, better scripting, more explosions, and it might even blow more stuff up.

*Shrug* It's not like he could make that show any more bizarre than it already is.

Y'know what. I'm okay with this. Power Rangers was always terribly acted, horribly contrived and lots of bad explosions and crappy effects, Put Bay in the seat and at least you'll probably get some sparkly effects.

Why not.

I grew up with Power Rangers and I can't even begin to look at it now for fear of cringe-syndrome.

I for one would not watch it unless sparks still fly out of them when they get slashed by swords. I stand by this statement one hundred percent. Also, every single movement they make must be accompanied by a "whoosh" sound. Period.

Well since Power Rangers is still running to this day would it technically be a reboot?

I've got nothing against someone attempting a new Power Rangers movie, just I'd prefer it to be made by someone who at least had an interest in the franchise. In fact I wouldn't mind a movie even if it wasn't a gritty re-imagining and instead just another kids movie like the first one,

But I'm sure there would be some legal issues involved as you would have to pay Saban for the rights to the Power Rangers name and characters, but also Toei for using the likeness of their Super Sentai heroes.

Anyway, despite growing up as a huge Power Rangers fan, I'm pretty much over them. Ever since I discovered the source, I've fallen in love with Super Sentai.

I mean, Power Rangers just cannot contend with this level of awesome.

If anyone else did it, it might work, but Michael Bay is a terrible director. Everything he does is stupid in every way. I can't stand him.

power rangers was pointless dialog and story that no one cared about and giant robots and explosions. i think thats something michael bay could actually handle. at the very least it probably wouldnt be worse than the ivan ooze power rangers movie

Oh god no. Power Rangers is one of the things I can still go back, watch an episode or 7, and still enjoy it. Everything Bay touches becomes ruined, and I would be beyond devastated if Bay ruined one of the big things of my childhood. Hell, all he has to do is touch this, Pokemon, and Digimon and he will have effectively killed off everything beloved to me from before high school.

I never liked the show to begin with.

They could sell the rights to North Korea, for all I care.

From the 30 or so episodes Power Rangers I watched growing up, it seemed to be a cheesy over the top show that should not be taken seriously. It also used a bunch of stereotyped characters.

Power Rangers and Michael Bay seem like a good fit.

Not sure, I still can't stop laughing at the show ever since I noticed that the Black Ranger was - a black guy, the yellow one - an Asian, and the White Ranger was the best and most powerful of all.

Then again, giant exploding robots launching lasers at cities is pretty much Michael Bay's bag. He might be able to make something mildly watchable of it.

No, just no. What you're describinb isn't Power Rangers which sound like it could be a Michael Bay film!

As someone mention above me had said, where's the monsters? I can accept if this virus had mutated some of the animals to become sentient biped humaniod creatures. Also where's the kung fu, the silly colourful uniform, some strange master person/ being to train them and the mechs (zoids) including a Godzilla like battle in a city??!!

Sure you can still have what you had stated and without the stuff I've typed but you may as well remove the "Power Rangers" from the title for it does not resemble the Power Rangers at all just like how Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within shouldn't have Final Fantasy in the title at all (the Cid and the Chocobo picture isn't enough to make it Final Fantasy).

I could see why Michael could help with the quantity of explosions, but in the quality of anything else? Just no.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked