Anybody have any newly discovered bands that were instantly a favorite?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I've been searching around for bands lately, and a few new ones have caught my eye, including the likes of Veil of Maya, Stick to your Guns, Born of Osiris, Chimp Spanner, The Red Chord, etc. However, among that group, I have to give the honors to Animals as Leaders. They have consistently awesome tracks that range from really, really heavy to soft and calming, all without sacrificing musical skill. Can't believe I'm just now discovering them.

How about you guys? Any newly discovered bands that have blown your mind?

Oh, and here's a vid of AAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7j1czfVuo

I've had a few of those.

Witness, in particular, sticks out in my mind. I knew the second I listened to him that I had found a very big obsession.

I somehow just recently discovered The Black Keys. Whoa I've been missing out.

The band that blew my mind you can hear without even leaving this site.

That's right, I'm talking about Miracle of Sound. I didn't know what it was, I usually don't pay attention to most new stuff on The Escapist until I see an episode title that intrigues me enough to watch it.

Well the first time I heard MoS' Little Sister song...blew. my. mind. Now I have all his songs (paid for them, gotta support bands you like) and they're on CDs in my car.

Even songs about games I don't play I find really good. Just love his stuff.

Volbeat... Definately Volbeat! I love how they have mixed genre's for their songs. I just can't stop listening to them.

Sabaton, they combined my love of power metal and military history. To be fair they aren't my number one favorite, but definitely top three.

As a big fan of CM Punk, his new intro sounded good, so I looked it up and now I can't stop listening to it.

"Cult of Personality" by Living Color

Every time I listen to it I almost want to start shouting "CM PUNK! CM PUNK!" It's weird that I've taken a shine to him so much since I usually don't like anti-establishment characters that much, but damn it if Punk doesn't make a damn good show of everything he does. On the mike, in the ring, in life, CM Punk really is the BEST IN THE WORLD. As is his new (really only new to WWE) theme song. ;P

derintrel:
I somehow just recently discovered The Black Keys. Whoa I've been missing out.

That's funny, because the same for me. I just bought El Camino on vinyl and absolutely loved it.

Jack the Potato:
As a big fan of CM Punk, his new intro sounded good, so I looked it up and now I can't stop listening to it.

"Cult of Personality" by Living Color

Every time I listen to it I almost want to start shouting "CM PUNK! CM PUNK!" It's weird that I've taken a shine to him so much since I usually don't like anti-establishment characters that much, but damn it if Punk doesn't make a damn good show of everything he does. On the mike, in the ring, in life, CM Punk really is the BEST IN THE WORLD. As is his new (really only new to WWE) theme song. ;P

Not bad :D

OT: I prefer some heavy metal, so In flames were a favourite as soon as I listened to one of their songs. This one in particular is my favourite of their 'heavier' tracks.

They also made a few soft songs, which are FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.

Nothing particularly like that recently. All of my great loves I discovered a while ago. But, I did just discover this German pirate-metal outfit called Running Wild that I have really been enjoying.

Also really been getting into some of Mastondon's stuff lately, but I have known about them for a while.

Two bands instantly spring to mind here.. Emmure and Touché Amoré.

Last band I discovered were Strebers, the previous band of the members of Dia Psalma. They play Swedish trallpunk, so I don't expect a big part of the community understanding the songs. Give them a shot if you're Swedish or speak Swedish though!
I prefer Dia Psalma over Strebers, but they have plenty of great tracks.

I've really got into Warhammer 40k over the past few months, and was delighted to discover a heavy metal band from Russia that does 40k themed songs!

Well, I haven't "recently discovered" them but if you're a fan of the Death/Doom genre then you may be unfamiliar with the band Anathema, and if you are, you probably know them as the successful Alternative Rock/Progressive Rock band they currently are. Anyway, their first few releases are definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of My Dying Bride or earlier Paradise Lost.

Dirty loops specializes in polishing turds.

While finding good electronic music is akin to digging for needles in world's largest haystack, it makes finding some all the sweeter.

And as extra cherry on top of the cake: it's a free download.

Listen
Download

Yeah, The Mayan Factor

My newest discovery was Turbowolf. Saw them as a supporting act and they rocked.

A friend just showed me The Beta Band. They're pretty awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsbR2dEmHGc

Sabaton. Whenever i drive a tank this is the only band i listen to.

Sharks.

Turns out they're British... They realllly don't sound like it.

Strain42:
The band that blew my mind you can hear without even leaving this site.

That's right, I'm talking about Miracle of Sound. I didn't know what it was, I usually don't pay attention to most new stuff on The Escapist until I see an episode title that intrigues me enough to watch it.

Well the first time I heard MoS' Little Sister song...blew. my. mind. Now I have all his songs (paid for them, gotta support bands you like) and they're on CDs in my car.

Even songs about games I don't play I find really good. Just love his stuff.

Hell yes! Out of my top 25 most played songs on iTunes, MoS occupies around 15 spaces. Love it!

Jane Rose and the Dead End Boys. They're a small rockabilly band out of Nashville. You can check em out on reverbnation or facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJOQ4zCEaAM&feature=relmfu

malmodir:
My newest discovery was Turbowolf. Saw them as a supporting act and they rocked.

Wooo! They're from 'round these parts, I've seen them so many times (seeing them on Saturday with Skindred).

Saw Black Spiders supporting Airbourne a couple of years ago, and I loved them ever since.

These guys blew my mind. Listened to one single song, immediately bought both their albums, and they are two of my favorites. Probably both in my top 10. Hands down the best metal band of the last few years.

MonkeyGH:
I've been searching around for bands lately, and a few new ones have caught my eye, including the likes of Veil of Maya, Stick to your Guns, Born of Osiris, Chimp Spanner, The Red Chord, etc. However, among that group, I have to give the honors to Animals as Leaders. They have consistently awesome tracks that range from really, really heavy to soft and calming, all without sacrificing musical skill. Can't believe I'm just now discovering them.

How about you guys? Any newly discovered bands that have blown your mind?

Oh, and here's a vid of AAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7j1czfVuo

You should check out The Faceless, specifically their second outing, considering the first one is shit. Something tells me you would like em.

EDIT: FUCK! Meant to edit this into my first post... God damn it.

Well, before Manowar, I wasn't into metal.
Other than that, I was recommended Amon Amarth because I like, nay love, Manowar.
Damn, son...
That's good stuff...

I just recently discovered Gojira. Well, I've heard of them many times from a friend, but only just bothered to listen.
Best consumed live:

Caravan Palace. I heard Clash and, well...

Couldn't get into Animals As Leaders.

Currently I'm liking The Weeknd, which was definitely a surprise because I'm usually a metal/rock/hardcore person and have never been into R&B before. It was the same with Burial (dubstep) and Katy Perry (pop) before. I guess I like the gritty, grimy and tired party vibe to it. Fits well with recent personal experiences and I like dark music anyway.

Good choice man, I was introduced to Gojira a few years back, never have I heard such amazing vocals, and I adore their imaginationative lyrics

Evil sausage:
A friend just showed me The Beta Band. They're pretty awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsbR2dEmHGc

beta band is cool, BAD BAD NOT GOOD is a pretty awesome spin on jazz, they do a lot of video game covers actually, specifically saria's song from ocarina of time.

Hmm I just recently discovered Neon Trees watching a car/pandora commercial. Apparently they had this song "animal" that was super popular not too long back and i'd heard it before but never really bothered looking into it.

My latest Newly discovered band was Rosetta, a genre which I think is known as Space Metal. This band mixes full on Heavy Metal with Ambient Sounds and tracks, and I think it works.

Fool's Gold. Saw them opening for Red Hot Chili Peppers, and it was awesome.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked