What would it take for Bioware to be forgiven by you?
More DLC for free
3.8% (17)
3.8% (17)
A new ending or least an explination
16.9% (76)
16.9% (76)
I never had an issue with Bioware to this point
25.3% (114)
25.3% (114)
Cut ties with EA
36.6% (165)
36.6% (165)
An apology announcent to the community
4.4% (20)
4.4% (20)
Casey Hudson fired from his position
5.1% (23)
5.1% (23)
Other (please explain)
8% (36)
8% (36)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What Must Bioware Do?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

What would it take for Bioware to be forgiven by your standards? Sure the majority of people shall still be upset no matter what, but to you alone.. what would make you set aside the bad deals Bioware has made?

For me, I think the 2 free DLCs they're giving out makes up for the ME3 bad ending (somewhat) and makes me very excited for multiplayer (After all, a Geth Engineer free? Crap yeah!) Also note that this is about you personally, there's no need to express about ME3's ending for we all know how bad it is to most while others felt fine with it or even liked it, but isn't an issue anyhow.

MORE BALDURS GATE! :3

Ahem.... I never really got angry with them since I never bought TOR or ME3. :3

To use the words of a great man I know.
"Fuck all."

That about sums it up in my eyes. I found the ending to be OK. It wasn't amazing but it certainly wasn't as shit as I heard it was gonna be. At least it wasn't a DA2-esqe ending, where one of my dead ex-squad mates from ME2 reappeared in the cut-scene at the end, just like in DA2. :P

Cut ties with EA.

Lob off the gangrenous limb and start over making RPGs for RPG fans, instead of dumbed-down mediocre third-person shooters.

Though, I don't see that as happening as EA gutted BioWare and is wearing their meatsuit.

Cut ties with EA, restore their state to the KOTOR days, and never speak of Dragon Age again.

By the way. Check out how EA totally Harbingered Bioware? They showed up, ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL, and fucked over their host.

THE PRETENTIOUS SIDE OF THE INTERNET ISNT THE ONLY THING THAT CAN COME UP WITH RIDICULOUS THEORIES REGARDING THE REAPERS! =D

Caramel Frappe:
What would it take for Bioware to be forgiven by your standards? Sure the majority of people shall still be upset no matter what, but to you alone.. what would make you set aside the bad deals Bioware has made?

For me, I think the 2 free DLCs they're giving out makes up for the ME3 bad ending (somewhat) and makes me very excited for multiplayer (After all, a Geth Engineer free? Crap yeah!) Also note that this is about you personally, there's no need to express about ME3's ending for we all know how bad it is to most while others felt fine with it or even liked it, but isn't an issue anyhow.

They are just adding those options, not granting you them.

Bioware don't have to do anything given at this point there is nothing really that they can do.

Um... Nothing? They never really angered me that much. Yes, the ending to ME3 was a bit crap. So what? The rest of the game was excellent. Can't say much about the other two games of theirs people always go on about (SW:TOR and DA2), since I have not yet gotten around to playing them. But for me... They are doing fine now. Nothing really to make up for. :/

Hoplon:
They are just adding those options, not granting you them.

Bioware don't have to do anything given at this point there is nothing really that they can do.

Even so, I would hate for them to take back their word on the free DLCs. It'd get many fans angry and questioning Bioware for giving false hopes along with more issues to sprout up until Bioware is consumed with negative feedback if not driven to a corner again.

Trust me when I say that I want Bioware to come out of this nightmare and make games again while learning their lesson. Not as in being punished first hand but rather knowing how to handle the community next time. But who knows, they'll probably get stuck once more due to a bad move on their part sadly.

Where's the, "they should make a heroic self sacrifice by resisting EAs indoctrination and then destroy EA from the inside" option?

Anyway, they should go back to the good old days, maybe go back to Microsoft and apologise for everything they did with EA. Then fire Casey Hudson and Mac Walters.

They would need to bring back all those that left when EA took over and since then.

Just my opinion but i've seen a steady decline in the standard of their games and can't see it getting any better.

The biggest problem when you have a good team and people start leaving is it really does show.

As far as i'm concerned BioWare have had their time and unless they can pull something amazing out of the bag I think they have put themselves on a slippery downward spiral.

Caramel Frappe:
Even so, I would hate for them to take back their word on the free DLCs. It'd get many fans angry and questioning Bioware for giving false hopes along with more issues to sprout up until Bioware is consumed with negative feedback if not driven to a corner again.

Trust me when I say that I want Bioware to come out of this nightmare and make games again while learning their lesson. Not as in being punished first hand but rather knowing how to handle the community next time. But who knows, they'll probably get stuck once more due to a bad move on their part sadly.

Agreed, but entities like EA are slow to learn, Since the only number they are interested in is the profit, as long as that was in the right area they won't care and Bioware can do little about it since they are wholly owned by EA.

Also the ending aside it was by far the best of the Mass effect games so far. Yes the ending was badly misjudged but it wasn't a bad game.

Just like while Dragon Age two did some horrible story missteps it was a much better game mechanically, The skills trees felt much more like I was shaping my character.

I reject your options and put forth: Don't screw up Generals 2.

Well free DLC is something that every company out there should do, so we will skip that.
A new ending is not necessary.
Cutting ties to EA is what they should have done a long time ago so thats what i voted for. EA needs a new tagline: "ruins everything".

They need to make some good games.

I dont really care who publishes their games as long as they are good. Maybe EA is responsible for all games since DA:O being really bad, I dont know. But they need to step up their game.

A new ending. Not an "explanation" or "clarification" or anything like that.

Providing "clarification" and "closure" for an inherently broken ending is like settling for trying to stop a nose bleed when the patient is suffering from a brain tumor.

Haven't picked ME3 up yet, i will, but I had already spent my "$60 per game" budget on skyrim this year.

From what I understand, the current ending makes absolutely no sense within the context of the rest of the game and offers you zilch in reasonable choices. Since it was just as much the storyline and different possible paths to take as the gameplay that kept me enjoying its predecessors, a new or augmented ending would suit me just fine.

I don't feel an apology, or firing anyone, or even cutting ties to EA are necessary, (although all three might help in the long run.) A mistake of this type is usually made over the loud objections of the primary development staff, it simply isn't their fault.

I would like it if they rewrote the ending rather than just explained. But I don't really care either way, the third game wasn't as good as the first or second and it showed in the mechanics which, while they're similar, they didn't feel quite right. By the time I got to the end I was just glad it was over.

So pretty much, while rewriting the ending would make sense, I don't really care if they do.

Other;

They need to not dumb down their games to appeal to everyone under the damn sun.

They need to not copy/pasta environments.

They need to get back to their roots with games like Baulders Gate.

I'm not really that mad at them, i did not like the ending of mass effect 3 and the way they handled DA 2, but still those games were pretty good, better than what most companies pop out anyway. I just hope that they learn from their mistakes and do not repeat them in the future.

*literally steaming* I'll tell you what it would take.

Have Casey and his other fuckbuddy fired from their positions, Bioware sever their ties with EA, refund all the money they've stolen thus far and completely redo the Mass Effect 3 ending, starting with that laser strike.

*twitch*

Me, mad? What gave you that impression?

Cutting ties with EA would be the simplest, albeit near impossible, solution.

Apart from that, make an ending that makes sense. Not asking for too much, here.

Eh Bioware is dead. What we see anymore is just EA doing it's best Weekend At Bernies impression with Bioware's lifeless remains.

Stop listening to whining fanboys.

Imagine a world where the ME3 ending change was a standard of entertainment. Didn't like the ambiguity of The Usual Suspects? Whine hard enough and it'll be confirmed whether he was or not. Want to know exactly what happened on Goodfellas? Just moan a little longer and they'll release that extra footage. Don't like the ending to Harry Potter because you think Harry and Hermione should have ended up together? Despite basically being the loudest minority, if you can shout louder and longer than anyone else then the ending will be changed to suit you!

The future of artistic integrity, where if the audience doesn't like it, you can always change it!

More free DLC. Or reasonably priced DLC, but more free as an 'I'm sorry' gift for the vast amount of people that the current 'solution' isn't catering for would be welcome.

Specifically, I'd like to see them augmenting and expanding the game, rather than adding unrelated side-quest content.

Add an arc on Earth akin to the ME2 ending, for example, using the existing one as the framework. Add maybe subplots involving the less represented romance options or characters. Maybe even have said added subplots be able to change how things turn out (since it's not like it'll take a lot of work beyond removing one scene and adding another at this point). Or things of the sort. More ways to go 'ok, here's the bare minimum so far...now lets keep adding to this to make it something expansive' since the core game, as good as it is, is fairly bare-bones. Other than the items, that is. Quite happy with the variety there.

I really wish the game were delayed another year...feels like they had a lot of ambition but nowhere near the time to use it, so they just got the essentials done while they could.

Not that I'm angry with Bioware. I'm...frustrated with them, but it doesn't come from a place of hate. It's more I can see what they're trying to do, but they stumble so much recently that it gets tiresome having to let the thought be what matters.

I'd say cutting ties with EA, but the only way I can see them doing that successfully would be for every single Bioware employee to quit there jobs and start up a brand new studio, free of EA.

But I really can't see any of them having the balls to even think about setting something like that up.

I dont think anything short of seppuku would satisfy the angry hordes now...

Nothing. to be 'forgiven' implies that they have wronged me somehow and they haven't. yes, I hated the ending to ME3 as much as the next guy, but they didn't screw me over on purpose or anything like that. The ending was stupid, but stupidity isn't a crime.

I have an idea that would salvage the situation though.
A sequel, where you play as... someone other than shepard, because I'm getting a little tired of him. maybe that british major who helped with the resistance.
anyway. You've got a bunch of destroyed mass relays (made of reaper tech) and a bunch of derelict reapers (made of reaper tech) floating around and sitting on earth, being generally useless. So you get a game where you use the reaper tech to repair the relays one by one,(note to BW: don't forget to write in a reason why the relays exploding hasn't wiped out all the star systems...) unlocking new parts of the galaxy as you go, saving colonies from starvation and restoring galactic peace because all this crap would probably lead to some unrest. think krogan splinter groups or crime syndicates fighting for control. maybe we could have Aria as a main antagonist this time.
You could even work in a mechanic where you get to decide what relays should be fixed first.

But enough rambling from me. I think if they made this, it would not only make a decent game, but also change ME3 from a pitch black ending to a 'dark before the dawn' kind of thing, and so restore the point in the entire franchise.

An apology for the way they completely ignored the fanbase while claiming to be listening and pulling PR bullshit. That would be nice and pretty much unprecedented. And this whole clarification thing is bullshit. If something needs to be done, the entire ending needs to be changed. Although I don't really understand why people hate the ending so much and not the beginning. Wait, why am I on earth? Who are these people it's acting as though I know. Oh, the reapers are already here? Wtf is going on? Ok, I'm off Earth, incoming transmission from admiral Hackett. "Oh, btw Shepard, we've found a macguffin that will stop the Reapers, go check it out, k?"

To be very honest, I couldn't care less, really. Yeah, I was pissed about the ending, and I did rage around for a while. Now? They've granted us closure, which is about a tiny bandaid for a severed limb, but it's something. But I already stopped giving a damn.

I am ready to move on, and accept Mass Effect, and Bioware for what it is/they are.

Well they dont have to do anything as I dont blame them for anything they are just another developer to me I like some of their games and dislike others nothing different to almost every other dev. I do think they are running on borrowed time though if they want to continue to exist they need to break away from EA asap.

lRookiel:

Do you really trust them to make a Baldurs gate game at the moment? it just dosent go with their current philosophy Baldurs Gate appealed to a niche audience and did it well but most people particularly today would not enjoy Baldurs Gate actually even I found the first one too brutal and annoying (but I am going to try again soon).

If they did BG3 (or whatever they call it) it would either be a low budget low return game or they would change it massively to try and appeal to a wider audience and just ride on the names legacy and given EAs involvement I would say the latter is likely.

e033x:
I reject your options and put forth: Don't screw up Generals 2.

That isn't actually Bioware, just a random group of people EA stamped the name onto.

Nothing, move on to the next project but maintain control over it. All I can ask for really.

lRookiel:

Ahem.... I never really got angry with them since I never bought TOR or ME3. :3

Bioware doesn't even have the license to Baldurs Gate anymore. I believe Atari does. I also thought Beamdog was supposed to try and put out a Baldurs Gate 3 as their main goal after getting some sales with the enhanced versions of Baldurs Gate 1 and 2.

I fail to see how Bioware owes us anything. They haven't done anything wrong, I don't get why everyone feels so insulted over one bad ending.
They are supposedly giving us free ending DLC, yet everyone is still complaining and not satisfied.

Hell, now I'm almost ashamed to be a gamer.

Make the Extended Cut really fucking good. That's about it.

As much as I love Mass Effect 3 the ending hangs over the game, if not the series, like a dark cloud. If they can deliver a finale deserving of the Mass Effect name then all will be good.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked