Post Your Gaming Setup!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Haven't seen this in a while. I figured it would be fun to have people post of a picture of their gaming setup to:

A. Show off
B. Recommend some new hardware/whatever
C. Ask questions/for advice on new stuff

And because I'm feeling super generous today I'll even allow the inferior console drones to post on this very thread with the likes of the PC gaming master race. (I'm joking, all are welcome)

Desk Setup by broadbandaddict, on Flickr

This is my desk. I've got (from left to right) Dell U2410, Dell U3011, Samsung Chromebook, and my gaming tower "Quasar". I've got the two monitors on Ergotron MX mounts which are sexy as hell. All my cables are wrapped up under the desk so I only have 5 visible (1 ethernet, 4 power).

Couple questions for the forum goers. Anybody have a GTX 680 yet? Or a 680/580 SLI? I'm in desperate need of a new card since my resolution got bumped up and I'd love some feedback from people w/ similar setups.

Time to post your setup(s). And try not to make this a flamewar. Thanks!

I honestly tried taking a picture, but the lighting is... shite, and I was using my phone's camera (which is not yellow). So what you got where a bunch of muggy brown lines and a huge blinding light from my monitor's screen. Boo.

I'm on a slightly cramped desk, with a huge monitor, and my computer's tower is sitting on the ground next to the desk's support. You have been blessed with this information.

You have one of those sexy new dell IPS screens....jelly. Much jelly.

My getup isnt very interesting (i dont want to post pictures of my room) But its 3rd gen gear. Mostly.

What innards are you running bytheway?

Custom-built PC(under desk)
Dell Display 1920x1200
2nd LG Display 1680x1050...my old screen before I got the Dell.
Logitech G510 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Logitech 5.1 Surround
USB Missile Launcher...pointed at the couch so I can hit my girlfriend in the head.
XBOX hooked into Dell screen

I just looked at your pic more closely...dude, we have the SAME screen and the SAME mouse...wicked.

Luftwaffles:
You have one of those sexy new dell IPS screens....jelly. Much jelly.

My getup isnt very interesting (i dont want to post pictures of my room) But its 3rd gen gear. Mostly.

What innards are you running bytheway?

I've got an i7 2600K, Antec Kuhler 920 (moved to ODD bays, highly recommend), 16GB RAM, MSI Z68A-GD65, 2 500GB drive in RAID 0, 256GB Crucial M4, HAF X (Duh), Seasonic 1000w, and a 570 that needs to be upgraded to a card with more VRAM.

The trick to the IPS displays is to call Dell. I got $400 off mine when I did, $999 total. :D

80sGuy:
Custom-built PC(under desk)
Dell Display 1920x1200
2nd LG Display 1680x1050...my old screen before I got the Dell.
Logitech G510 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Logitech 5.1 Surround
USB Missile Launcher...pointed at the couch so I can hit my girlfriend in the head.
XBOX hooked into Dell screen

I just looked at your pic more closely...dude, we have the SAME screen and the SAME mouse...wicked.

That's because the G5 is crazy awesome and Dell monitors are great too. Also you have the speakers that I used to have before I switched to headphones!

This is my room and not our main PC. You jelly of my lack of cable tidying?

I only have a pic of my PC's inside and it's before I put in the second GPU

taking a picture of the desk would be a waste since it's covered in empty beer bottles and other random junk

Matthew94:

Haha. I might be a little jelly. Also is that a box of tissues by your monitor? ;D

Liquidacid23:

taking a picture of the desk would be a waste since it's covered in empty beer bottles and other random junk

What liquid cooler is that? I don't think I've seen it before. Also what GPUs are you running?

broadbandaddict:
;D

Liquidacid23:

What liquid cooler is that? I don't think I've seen it before. Also what GPUs are you running?

it's an Asetek not sure the exact models I got it for free... and I use EVGA GeForce GTX460 1gb OCed...

Matthew94:

Messy cable contest now? I'll play...BEHOLD THE ELECTRIC SPAGHETTI!

Here's my 'rig'. I'm not a member of the elite master race but it gets the job done.

If the picture stops showing up sorry about that, but I can't help it.

I;ll be able to in a few weeks once it's ready.

However I'm taking delivery of three 2312HM screens this week, for epic Nvidia surround =D

I have a fairly standard Samsung laptop balanced on a dictionary, which is placed on a stool at the side of my bed.

That's right, when I'm using my computer to game, work, and talk on these forums, I'm stretched out lying on my bed. Like a pimp.

Just keep that image clear in your mind every time you read another one of my posts. BOOYAH!

Hero in a half shell:
I have a fairly standard Samsung laptop balanced on a dictionary, which is placed on a stool at the side of my bed.

That's right, when I'm using my computer to game, work, and talk on these forums, I'm stretched out lying on my bed. Like a pimp.

Just keep that image clear in your mind every time you read another one of my posts. BOOYAH!

In a couple of days I'll think about that whilst looking my quad monitor setup. And then laugh. Because of the power.

ohh...Im feeling all good and inferior ever since joining the console plebs

well that isnt quite true..I still use my laptop now and again so I never relaly left

that bedside table is made from bricks and IKEA flat pack left overs...a brilliant improvisation design by me

ResonanceSD:

However I'm taking delivery of three 2312HM screens this week, for epic Nvidia surround =D

Oh man. That is lucky. What card(s) are you running to drive those though?

broadbandaddict:

ResonanceSD:

Oh man. That is lucky. What card(s) are you running to drive those though?

SLI GTX 580s.

Not luck. The value of savings! =D

Edit: and I've got a 19" screen i'm setting up as an aux monitor for MMO + browsing.

Edit 2: I just found a supplier that ships this to Australia

ResonanceSD:
SLI GTX 580s.

Edit: and I've got a 19" screen i'm setting up as an aux monitor for MMO + browsing.

That is awesome. I'm gonna need to see a picture. :P

Gah, those 580s are looking nice too. I don't think I can jump to those without picking up 680s though... I wish EVGA would hurry up with their 4GB models.

If you don't mind how much did the 3 of those cost?

broadbandaddict:

ResonanceSD:
SLI GTX 580s.

Gah, those 580s are looking nice too. I don't think I can jump to those without picking up 680s though... I wish EVGA would hurry up with their 4GB models.

Lol EVGA are such rip off merchants. All their products are overpriced pieces of junk.

Seriously, go on their forums, everyone reckons you need more than you do. No one needs 4GB of VRAM.

And yes, you should go for the 680's now that they've been announced.

$685 AUD.

ResonanceSD:

broadbandaddict:

ResonanceSD:
SLI GTX 580s.

Lol EVGA are such rip off merchants. All their products are overpriced pieces of junk.

Seriously, go on their forums, everyone reckons you need more than you do. No one needs 4GB of VRAM.

And yes, you should go for the 680's now that they've been announced.

$685 AUD.

I've only heard good things about EVGA... the lifetime warranty (depending on model), same price as others, upgraded PCBs...

I'm not worried about needing 4GB of VRAM now it's more about future proofing. I can get a lot of my games to eat all of my 570s RAM (1.25GB) and I've seen a few reviews for games that are using more than 2GBs of VRAM. I would honestly be concerned if I were you cause you're looking at a over 1.5 times the res I'm running at and stock 580s (1.5GB) aren't gonna cut it if you want something like AA or high res textures at that res.

broadbandaddict:
snip [

Looks alright to me

Which games are you seeing that use more than 2GB of VRAM?

Or have you been reading this off the evga forums?

You should read this.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1621363

ResonanceSD:

Looks alright to me

Which games are you seeing that use more than 2GB of VRAM?

Or have you been reading this off the evga forums?

You should read this.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1621363

I haven't seen anything personally (I only have 1.25GB, which I can hit pretty easy on demanding games). The demanding games I've seen are Metro and BF3 with BF3 using over 2.5GB of VRAM on one video. One thing I have noticed is that the drivers seem tuned to try and use only as much as the system has but it can be pushed past it. BFBC2 @ 2560x1600, everything maxed looks like a PowerPoint on my card.

This sums up my feeling nicely "You've either got enough memory or you don't, and once you don't, things degrade pretty fast. There's a very fine line between butter-smooth and nearly unplayable. " I know that I will be sticking with a 4GB for my next purchase. I would be curious to know what your experience is running 1.5GB cards.

broadbandaddict:

ResonanceSD:

Looks alright to me

I'll be sure to let you know once it's all set up.

ResonanceSD:

That'd be great. When are you expecting them?

TopazFusion:
My cozy little corner . . .

I was wondering for a moment why you had an extra keyboard and mouse. :P

I like your flashdrives (I assume that's what those are) all in a line by the way.

broadbandaddict:

ResonanceSD:

That'd be great. When are you expecting them?

TopazFusion:
My cozy little corner . . .

I was wondering for a moment why you had an extra keyboard and mouse. :P

I like your flashdrives (I assume that's what those are) all in a line by the way.

Monitors on Tuesday, PC in about 2 weeks. We're renovating right now, otherwise trust me, there'd be photos.

Vault101:

well that isnt quite true..I still use my laptop now and again so I never relaly left

that bedside table is made from bricks and IKEA flat pack left overs...a brilliant improvisation design by me

That headset...are those Turtle Beach PX21s? I've got a pair, and they're nice. Shame that they have an absurdly high failure rate, though; I've gone through 2 pairs in the last year.

Now don't get jealous. :D

But realistically, it's a HD TV with a few consoles and a computer plugged into it at the foot of my bed.

TLS14:

Vault101:

That headset...are those Turtle Beach PX21s? I've got a pair, and they're nice. Shame that they have an absurdly high failure rate, though; I've gone through 2 pairs in the last year.

yes they are...high failure rate huh? hmmm I better be careful with them then..

TopazFusion:

Vault101:

Huh, not as many wall posters as I expected to see from you.

Also, is that a Wheatley keychain I see there?

you want wall posters? I only have to tilt the camer up a bit (YES I know those comics arnt hung stright)

yes that is a wheatly keychain..I also have some portal bookends (if you can tell)

thats just what i happen to have on my walls right now..Ill probably rearrange things (like I always am)

Vault101:
snip

Mother of merch.....

TopazFusion:

Vault101:
you want wall posters? I only have to tilt the camer up a bit (YES I know those comics arnt hung stright)

Oh wow, okay. I take back what I said. =P

That is impressive.

Ohhh, I love those bookends :)

somtimes...you jsut walk into a store and think "fuck...I NEED that"

Luftwaffles:

Vault101:
snip

Mother of merch.....

what? hoarding collecting is perfectly normal

my precious......

Ill bite

Vault101:

Must..contain...jelly....

Luftwaffles:
Ill bite

Vault101:

Portal 2 reference? right?

Vault101:

Luftwaffles:
Ill bite

Vault101:

Portal 2 reference? right?

If you mean blue, orange and the strange white jelly yes. But in my case its the green one coz those framed comics are just plain awesome. Also the models.

Luftwaffles:
snip?

If you mean blue, orange and the strange white jelly yes. But in my case its the green one coz those framed comics are just plain awesome. Also the models.[/quote]

awww....thanks!

its good to know my hard work and obsession wont always go without recognition

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked