Greatest Deal You've Ever Made

Basically, what is the single most beneficial/awesome deal you've ever made?

For me, it has to be the time that I swapped "Alone in the Dark" and "Too Human" on Xbox 360 in exchange for "Fallout 3: GOTY Edition". hehehhe.

'Twas a bootiful deal! So, what is the best deal you've ever made?

Captcha: finger lickin good

I sold ME3 back to Tesco's and got a bottle of whiskey with the money.

So I got rid of a headache and replaced it with a hangover .... bargain.

i swapped a bag of homegrown potatos and carrots for a us army extreme cold parka.. love the thing

In recent memory, getting a Nokia Lumia 800 for 175 when most others go for 200+ on ebay and it retails for 380.

Fantastic phone especially after the last update.

EDIT Bet a guy 5 he couldn't drink for 2 months, I won. Yay for me.

Got 30 for an Ultra Rare Uria back when it first came out. This'll sound strange but Ultra Rare was actually the lowest rarity you could get the card.

It wasn't even a particularly good card either.

Swapped a pint of guinness for a pair of cowboy boots... Win...

I remember years ago getting a Lego Mindstorms set, completely unopened and in mint condition for $5. Brand new, these things used to cost several hundred dollars!

A more recent, but less significant deal was buying [Prototype] for less than eight dollars. However, the reason this is much less significant is partly because of the smaller price percentage drop and partly because... well, Steam. They do it all the time.

Sold my soul to the company store.

It was worth it, they carried Fallout: New Vegas.

I just got three Guitar Hero games for $15. I love Guitar Hero!

I got Alpha Protocol for $2. Considering that I really enjoyed that game, great deal.

I bet a friend that we wouldn't die on 21st of December. Either way, i win.

I got ff7 discs for 17 dollars online. Then a week later got the case and disc 2 and 3 at a thrift store for 2 dollars.

Got a wii and handful of games at a yard-sale for 60 dollars, traded in the games for 30. So I essentially got a wii with 2 controllers for 30 dollars.

Got a rough rider .22 when I was 13 for 100 dollars, used it for 5 years, then got 105 dollers trade for it at the same gun shop.

Lugbzurg:
I remember years ago getting a Lego Mindstorms set, completely unopened and in mint condition for $5. Brand new, these things used to cost several hundred dollars!

I'm jealous.

OT: Picked up Wind Waker new release for $50AU (would normally have been around $100), and it came with the Collectors Edition disk (Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) for free. $50 for 5 Zeldas? SOLD!

I got a Burberry trenchcoat (worth ~$1,500) for $50 from a yard sale. Other than that, steam sales.

Max Payne 1 & Max Payne 2 - both for only 3 during a steam sale 2 years ago. Fantastic!

I once found a $20 on the ground. Not exactly a deal, but I did make a good profit.

Starik20X6:

Lugbzurg:

I'm jealous.

OT: Picked up Wind Waker new release for $50AU (would normally have been around $100), and it came with the Collectors Edition disk (Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) for free. $50 for 5 Zeldas? SOLD!

Reminds me of something I got for my 18th birthday that may also make you jealous (unless you got it with Wind Waker, I suppose).
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: MASTER QUEST
I'm told this is rare. I got it for free! Free is a great deal!

I once helped a customer load a bookcase (un-assembled) into his car and got a twenty dollar tip, the equivalent of nearly three on the clock hours for less than five minutes of work.

Lugbzurg:

Starik20X6:

Lugbzurg:

I'm jealous.

Reminds me of something I got for my 18th birthday that may also make you jealous (unless you got it with Wind Waker, I suppose).
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: MASTER QUEST
I'm told this is rare. I got it for free! Free is a great deal!

That's pretty awesome. They Included Master Quest on the 3DS version of Ocarina, gotta get around to trying it...

Best Deal Ever:
I once loaned a friend $300.
He moved away.
I never got it back.

...Never said the deal was in my favour.
/ life sucks.

I buy a lot of computer beacause I'm a lunatic or something. I'm up to 17 (soon to be 18 or 19) so yeah.... I usually make a pretty good deal on them though. Recently I've got:

- Mac Mini - $500+$40 in parts=$700 sale
- Dell Laptop - $600 (stacked 2 coupons)+$25 in parts= $725 sale
- PowerMac G5 - $500 (used for 6 months)=$750

Then I bought my Dell U3011 for $1000 w/ 5 year warranty. That would normally be $1500-1600.

Now I've got a Dell XPS 8300 I gotta get rid of cause of a stupid friend so yeah. Anyone interested in a kickass machine let me know!

*At friend's house*

Me: Oh cool. You've got GTA:San Andreas.
Friend: You can have that for a fiver.
Me: You've got yourself a deal, mate.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked