Weird/Hilarious/Dangerous stuff that happened while you were at school?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Pretty self explanatory, I haven't seen a thread like this in awhile, and it's always a good read to hear insane shit that has happened from school on this site.

I've had numerous of each, one that always strikes me as both weird and dangerous was the one time we had a little explosion happen in the playground at lunch time. Some of the more...troubled kids got a whole bunch of fireworks, stuffed them into a hollow metal post for a fence and lit it up. They must've put a fair bit in there because it was a fairly loud bang that burst the post into many pieces of debris that landed all around the school (One smouldering piece landed right near my foot) and the teachers did...nothing about it. Literally nothing, they continued as if they never heard the explosion or saw the shrapnel all over the place.

At one point there was a Facebook group involving some students from my school that was mainly a group for spewing hate towards our Principal. The students joined it and said all sorts of nasty stuff. Anyway, the Education Department found out about it and the shit hit the fan. The whole incident even got it's own little news story.
There was also a time where some students from another school in the district somehow managed to put the Prinicpals car on to the auditorium roof. But like I said, this happened at another school, not mine, so fuck me as to how they did it.

imahobbit4062:
Pretty self explanatory, I haven't seen a thread like this in awhile, and it's always a good read to hear insane shit that has happened from school on this site.

I've had numerous of each, one that always strikes me as both weird and dangerous was the one time we had a little explosion happen in the playground at lunch time. Some of the more...troubled kids got a whole bunch of fireworks, stuffed them into a hollow metal post for a fence and lit it up. They must've put a fair bit in there because it was a fairly loud bang that burst the post into many pieces of debris that landed all around the school (One smouldering piece landed right near my foot) and the teachers did...nothing about it. Literally nothing, they continued as if they never heard the explosion or saw the shrapnel all over the place.

Are you serious? The teachers did nothing? Was this elementary school or highschool . Where is the discipline . You know how they say children these days ? Fuck the children ( not litterally of course) , teachers these days are jot worth their weight in pennies! Back in my day ( i'm 23 ) we would have expelled them , after making them pick up the shrapnel and fixing what they blew up!

OT: in my first year of highschool , a guy brought a homemade smoke bomb to school and set it off during the end of lunch break . It was awsome , school got cancelled , he got expelled , best memory , ever.

krazykidd:

imahobbit4062:

Are you serious? The teachers did nothing? Was this elementary school or highschool . Where is the discipline . You know how they say children these days ? Fuck the children ( not litterally of course) , teachers these days are jot worth their weight in pennies! Back in my day ( i'm 23 ) we would have expelled them , after making them pick up the shrapnel and fixing what they blew up!
It was a Year 7-10 highschool. I was in Year 9 at the time. It was a public school so a lot of bad shit happened (we've had police choppers called in from time to time). My Year 11-12 school was much better though.

It was a Year 7-10 highschool. I was in Year 9 at the time. It was a public school so a lot of bad shit happened (we've had police choppers called in from time to time). My Year 11-12 school was much better though.

Sadly I can only recall the dangerous part of my High School (I may edit this later when I can remember the weird/ hilarious part of the schools I went to) -

This happen when my brother was in High School and I was still in primary. Such crazed student sneak into the High school during the weekend. He somehow enter into the science department and into the storage room where they store their chemical like acid and powders stuff. Anyway he got hold of mercury as he set them alight as he run like hell. He pretty much set the science department on fire which leave a dangerous fume.

His antic had put the school into lockdown due to the dangerous fume. The school was shut down for a few weeks as they clean the fume off and repair the science department. In another words free holiday for the High school students! (This was both good and bad since their excise books were left in them so they had alot of catching up to do espically the GCSE and A level students).

The guy didn't get away with it, someone witness him sneaking him and out of it so he was arrested and was sent to prison.

EDIT-I remember something hilarious now-
I was in highschool during English lesson, we saw a car racing around at the school field at the back of it. They were pretty much driving around in circles and making alot of skid marks everywhere on the field. Needless to say they cause alot of damage to the field.
A few days later we found out the drivers were three 6th formers and since this happen during near their graduation I assume they pull off that stunt seeing how they can no longer get trouble for it since they finish their High school life soon.
I think the teachers were somewhat ok with their stunt since I don't recall them getting punish for it and it was also summer anywhere so they got time to fix it despite they wouldn't had to fix it in the first place if they didn't pull off that stunt.

I know, during my brother's time in High School, someone brought a gun to school, and put a bullet into the ceiling of the cafeteria.

Lonely Packager:

There was also a time where some students from another school in the district somehow managed to put the Prinicpals car on to the auditorium roof. But like I said, this happened at another school, not mine, so fuck me as to how they did it.

Again, during my brother's time in HS, someone took one of the teacher's cars and dumped it in a lake, or some such. I think the teacher ended up having a nervous breakdown or something.

Once we did some experiments involving highly flammable liquids, which were kept in big plastic jugs. The teacher told us to keep them far away from the lit matches we also used.
After just a few seconds one of the guys in my class accedently set fire to the opening of the jug. He froze up in terror. I was standing just a meter or two away, so being the hero that I am, I bolted out of the classroom, probably faster than the speed of light.
The teacher threw herself halfway across the classroom with a wet blanket and put the fire out.

School itself was a danger for most kids.

I went to Ivy Bank High School and Habergham School was directly nest to it.

Constant fights at break times ... it was great. People got stabbed with screw drivers, beaten with iron bars, snow balls with rocks in them (Christmas was fun) and all round mass punch ups.

And they wondered why we were always so pissed off.

Buretsu:

Lonely Packager:

Again, during my brother's time in HS, someone took one of the teacher's cars and dumped it in a lake, or some such. I think the teacher ended up having a nervous breakdown or something.

The teachers cars were always so easy to get to, though. In fact, this year, apparently some students from my former school pushed a car down a small flight of stairs and watched it roll into a glass sliding door. They shouldn't have done it, but geez, the teachers cars were always so easy to access, it's not too unexpected for something like pushing a car into a lake to happen.

I suppose this fits under the weird category, but i wasn't actually there for it.

Someone put a seemingly used condom (was probably just a mix of something to look like it was used though) on one of the bells just before it went off. One of those bells with the little hammer thing that rapidly moves to ring the bell.

Needless to say...Stuff went everywhere.

Another one that just popped into my head was when we were dissecting bull's eyes in science. One of the guys from another group was throwing it around and got it stuck onto the roof for a good 10minutes without the teacher noticing. He then proceeded to throw it out the window at somebody.

We had a lot of fun with picnic tables at our high school. We used them as see-saws, used them as catapults, used them as litters to carry our chosen king of the day around, parkoured (that may be the wrong term) on them, and put them on the roof of a building, then sat down and had lunch on them.

We also built an over powered mangonel for physics class, that fired with 8 times more force than the rest of the class.

Damn... I'm drawing a blank.

Something that was pretty hilarious was when our superintendent got arrested crossing the border to Mexico in order to have sex with a young Mexican boy in exchange for an iPod.

That literally made my Summer.

Uhh, damn. I know there's something I was involved with.

During a school sanctioned trip to Italy, we were allowed to have one glass of alcohol with meals. I had decided to stay behind with friends at the bar while the rest of the school went on some hike, and one of the fucking insane chaperons ended up telling the teacher that we were getting drunk while they were gone (while she was literally sitting right next to us the whole entire time and didn't say anything). The teacher went ballistic on us, nearly in tears telling us that she was gonna lose her job because of it, and I came to the rescue of all the people we were with by telling her that we could show the receipts that proved we were only drinking soda.

Even though, a few of the light weights were actually drunk by spiking their own drinks with Ouzo, but the less the teachers knew about that the better.

My school showed 8th graders (middle school, not even high school mind you) an anti-abortion video featuring AN ACTUAL ABORTION being performed. This was not a private or church school. This was a public school health class. And the neo-con tea-bagger loons say public schools are liberal factories... yeah right. I've got memories of AN ABORTION that says otherwise.

Someone set off an acid bomb (basically tin foil and pool cleaner) in my school and got the place shut down for two hours. I came late that day and walked right by the taped off section. Looked like someone had puked. Most benign looking "blast radius" I'd ever seen. The guy who did it ended up being someone in my class. Got expelled and arrested but ended up in my class again (the same class and period too) two years later which surprised the hell out of me needless to say.

Weird, Nope. Dangerous, of course not. Hilarious... Well, yeah but... Nothing really worth mentioning.

Through all different schools, they were all normal. Maybe 1 or 2 bullies, but they got their asses handed to them by the teachers. Harmless bullies really, no one actually cared what they said.

Normal schools, easy, laid back, no mean things what so ever. School is awesome in Sweden.

Rawne1980:
School itself was a danger for most kids.

I went to Ivy Bank High School and Habergham School was directly nest to it.

Constant fights at break times ... it was great. People got stabbed with screw drivers, beaten with iron bars, snow balls with rocks in them (Christmas was fun) and all round mass punch ups.

And they wondered why we were always so pissed off.

Gotta love schoolyard rivalries. Even though our rival was several KM away, we would still meet up and have massive brawls that involved multiple cops and dogs.

With my first Science practical experiment my group managed to burn a hole through the desk. In that same classroom around a year later we all stopped working to watch a burning car on the school field explode.

One of my friends decided to attempt making one of those paper water bomb things (Science block again) and dropped it out of the window. It landed on the head of the guy in charge of higher level disciplinary action. He wasn't impressed.

Until they built a fence around the outer edge of the field there were school vs school fights every day. We'd usually run into them in the woods where everyone would grab the biggest branch they could find or bring their own and see who would run away first. Felt so sorry for one of my cousin's friends: it was after we'd legged it and he was too slow so they threw him into the stagnant pond in the woods along with his bag. That thing smelled awful.

We nearly had a gang war between chavs and goths, so police got called in for a week to maintain the peace. Also we managed to set fire to a supposedly fireproof chemistry table with cyclohexane in a pen.

I remember once when I was in middle or high school (cant remember exactly) where there was a fire alarm test scheduled for the day at 12, it was said days before that it would be there. When it went off we assembled outside and then went back in. Apparently there was someone taking a shit when it went off and just freaked out, because when we came back in, there was shit on the floor of the hallway every couple feet in piles and splattered around. One of the teachers said that a kid came running outside with his pants down shitting as he ran. So yeah, that was fucked up

Smithburg:
I remember once when I was in middle or high school (cant remember exactly) where there was a fire alarm test scheduled for the day at 12, it was said days before that it would be there. When it went off we assembled outside and then went back in. Apparently there was someone taking a shit when it went off and just freaked out, because when we came back in, there was shit on the floor of the hallway every couple feet in piles and splattered around. One of the teachers said that a kid came running outside with his pants down shitting as he ran. So yeah, that was fucked up

I can't stop laughing, that is too fucking funny. Just the thought of it is hilarious, let alone the fact it actually happened.

imahobbit4062:

Smithburg:

I can't stop laughing, that is too fucking funny. Just the thought of it is hilarious, let alone the fact it actually happened.

I second that, funny asa hell!

A two-day, four hour seminar on virginity. It was hilarious but it was also terribly annoying. I, being the person I am, had absolutely no intentions of having sex in jr. high or even highschool so it was a total waste of my time and then considering how many girls ended up pregnant and the amount of sex talk I heard it didn't seem to do a damn thing to stop anything.

Also there was a bomb threat when I was in jr. high. I don't really know what happened, I think it was a fake, but...yeah...everyone was about to go home but the school buses wouldn't run and there was wild rumors going around and no one every really knew what happened.

And this I never actually saw, in fact I only heard about it once, but at my university my profesor told us that people believed one of the buildings was haunted by a woman and that people had seen and heard her at night.

We had a quasi car chase one day. Me and my friends were having lunch when we saw a guy come sprinting out of the school gym. He takes off running, followed a few seconds later by the female head of PE. She leapt into her parked SUV and took off after him, narrowly missing students at a picnic table. She then slams on the handbrake, jumps out the vehicle, collars the guy and pins him against the wall. It was honestly the most awesome thing I ever saw. Pity she was such a bitch the rest of the time.

One day our school went into lockdown we were not alowed to leave our class rooms because they were afraid a pissed off father was coming to the school with a gun.

I got one- the high school I went to has three floors, with a "crossover" bridging the east and west sides. Well, one day, there were noises coming from that direction, and since my last class of the day was on that floor, I could hear it. Turns out that some of the seniors were playing dodgeball in the third floor crossover... I don't know if they got in trouble or not.

People throwing illegal fireworks down the main staircase where there were lots of people maybe?

You know fireworks going bang in peoples faces is always a safe practice.

Or 50 v 50 snowball fights with people getting beat up in between in the freezing cold and left on the field to try tro crawl back inside .

ehhh

I suppose people inventing the trend of biking with closed eyes on busy roads for fun is a dangerous practice

Hmmm lets see.

(Dangerous)
I once tried using a bike rack as a ladder. I was going to climb up on the roof of the school to get a ball. Well it was winter and the bike rack slipped off the roof when I was at the top of it.

I fell and my limbs got tangled in the rack, but a few of my peers helped me. I was only bruised.

(Hilarious/Weird) One of the kids in my class once played dodge ball with Canadian geese. It was mean, but I just hate those birds so much to feel bad for them. Besides they attacked me when I was a kid.

There were these identical twin girls in my year at school, 16 years old at the time. There was this art teacher; he had been teaching at the school for at least 20 years. He took them camping and they all had a threesome. The end.

But it's not really the end. For a while, this art teacher was "dating" the both of them, but then one of them got a boyfriend and left the little trio. The relationship still continued with the other one however. That was until the first one sent a note to the school office over the summer explaining what had happened. When the school term started again, the teacher got suspended, arrested, and is now in jail. I feel sorry for him, cause he was a good teacher a seemed a pretty decent guy; he just made a really bad mistake.

Everyone only found out from rumours after he'd been arrested, that it was just "two girls" that had been involved in some kind of "sexual abuse" affair. Most people in our year suspected it was the twins, since they spent a lot of time in the art rooms (they were actually keen artists too). Once the news reports of his arrest came out, people who knew the twins personally (me and several of my friends) could tell straight away it was them being described.

They'd had a bit of a "troubled" home life (which I won't go into, but one of them talked to me about it before), and I guess they were confiding in this teacher. He just went a bit too far. Since they had *just* turned 16, it would have been legal had he not been a teacher (16 is legal in the UK), just because of the whole "position of trust" thing. As much as it probably would have been awesome for a 58-year-old guy to have a threesome with teenage twins, it was definitely the wrong thing to do :P It's such a shame he's in jail and his teaching career is effectively over.

Obviously not "weird or hilarious" for those involved, but it was a big shock when everyone found out. Was pretty exciting to hear stuff like that going on :P

EDIT: Ah, his sentence was only 12 months, so he'll be out of prison now. Wonder what he's up to...?

Well, during a lockdown drill, my english teacher had my entire class recite a pledge that he could use us as meatshields if there was ever a real shooter

Also, there was a guy in my year knew his way around computers a lot better than anyone else. He loved showing off. I guess he was the "hacker/script kiddie" type, but he was a decent guy nonetheless. Sent an email to a local radio station during snowy weather saying that school was cancelled. He somehow made it look like it was coming from the headteacher (her address, I suppose, and I'm sure he made it look all official). A bunch of people did hear the radio announcement and stay off school that day, but it wasn't as effective as he'd hoped I guess haha. I'm sure he even came into school that day too, as I'm guessing he also didn't think it do much. He got caught in the end though. Banned from computers for a while I think too.

There was a guy in my brother's year (4 years above) that wrote some kind of virus that changed every password in the school computer system. He was a computer-minded guy, but much more academic than the first one I mentioned. Apparently that caused some chaos :P

The majority of the "interesting" stuff to happen at our school was mostly in the years above mine. Hearing stories from friends' older sisters and cousins, it was a much more fun place back then :D Interesting anecdotes seemed to have really dwindled as the years have went by :/ I left a couple of years ago, and I'm betting everything is even more shite nowadays...

Actual seige from another school.

Dont know what caused it, but because of thier Ramadan they were allowed out of school early. One day they used this advantage to blockade gates of the school i was attending at the time.

I only witnessed one event, but apparently it happened twice. In the case i saw, they had biult a camp fire and were arming themselves with flaming torches. In the case i heard about, they were apparently armed with knives.

Not sure what happened about it after that though. Obviously it stopped, but i dont know how.

We had a Chemistry teacher whom's first class was about how NOT TO try and extinguish oil burning. What's the best way of doing this? Well take oil, light it on fire, pour water on it, what happens, well of course the oil spreads on the water, still burning, over his desk, down on the floor. So the classroom is burning, some of the students (we were 13 at the time) run into the back of the class (he blocked the only way out by doing this, we were at the 3rd floor) and then he calmly talks about why we're not supposed to try and do this while he brings one of those fire matts and throws it on the burning oil to kill it...
And that was day one...

MisterM2402:
There were these identical twin girls in my year at school, 16 years old at the time. There was this art teacher; he had been teaching at the school for at least 20 years. He took them camping and they all had a threesome. The end.

But it's not really the end. For a while, this art teacher was "dating" the both of them, but then one of them got a boyfriend and left the little trio. The relationship still continued with the other one however. That was until the first one sent a note to the school office over the summer explaining what had happened. When the school term started again, the teacher got suspended, arrested, and is now in jail. I feel sorry for him, cause he was a good teacher a seemed a pretty decent guy; he just made a really bad mistake.

Everyone only found out from rumours after he'd been arrested, that it was just "two girls" that had been involved in some kind of "sexual abuse" affair. Most people in our year suspected it was the twins, since they spent a lot of time in the art rooms (they were actually keen artists too). Once the news reports of his arrest came out, people who knew the twins personally (me and several of my friends) could tell straight away it was them being described.

They'd had a bit of a "troubled" home life (which I won't go into, but one of them talked to me about it before), and I guess they were confiding in this teacher. He just went a bit too far. Since they had *just* turned 16, it would have been legal had he not been a teacher (16 is legal in the UK), just because of the whole "position of trust" thing. As much as it probably would have been awesome for a 58-year-old guy to have a threesome with teenage twins, it was definitely the wrong thing to do :P It's such a shame he's in jail and his teaching career is effectively over.

Obviously not "weird or hilarious" for those involved, but it was a big shock when everyone found out. Was pretty exciting to hear stuff like that going on :P

That beard is awesome.

OT: Well, there was a helicopter randomly landing in a field at primary school. The year after I left that primary school, it degraded into little kiddy playround turf wars, and an air rifle went off in the canteen.

Also in primary school, a kid with anger management issues ran out of a maths class and had our class teacher AND the head mistress chase him across the playground, out, and down to the local park.

In secondary school, we had two sex offenders (one of whom was confirmed for me when I started A level college, and a guy I met there who is now my best friend turned out to have been at the sex offender's old school when he committed his... act and was expelled, to my school (yeah, my school was that one that offered a chance to all the freaky rejects)) nude pictures of various girls were leaked on facebook, and a facebook hate group was started for the aforementioned sex offender (not because of that, it was just a rumor. He was also a dickbag in general) and we had the police come in to give us a talking to.

Enough grim shit, though. On a years 10 and 11 trip to Poland, I licked the wall of the salt mine. Also one of the year tens was overly pleased with himself for buying a playboy. Until a guy I know stole it, which culminated in the kid ringing the phones in everyone's rooms until 2am asking if they'd seen it.

This was the same kid who, in a bout of uncharacteristic ballsiness, but viagra in our (ironically) wood work teacher's coffee for April Fool's.

There was also the time that I got onto the school roof to retrieve a ball. I came back round to say I couldn't find it just as the head mistress came round. She started shouting at me all like "WHY ARE YOU UP THERE!?"

I managed to talk my way out of it, just by very calmly saying "look, do you mind just letting me concentrate on getting down from here, first?" It seemed to disarm her that much that once I was down, she just left.

a classmate of mine was rammed by a rather angry goat

Can't make out the number in my head, but I got into alot of fights back in the day. Make it a point to have a zero tolerence policy with strangers. It is not me trying to come off as some kind of badass, just a guy that hates to be touched in a negative manner. Is because of me and several other guys that we had to go to this meeting in the gym to discuss the ways of bullying. Because their ways of dealing with it are bullshit, I left right in the middle of it. Their keen eyes caught me and I had to stand their as an example of a person not giving a crap about others. Kind of funny how they were teaching people about not being bullies as I stood their and became the center of attention to prove a worthless point.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked