What do you look for in a romantic relationship?
Mysterious
3.6% (9)
3.6% (9)
Hardy, serious
6% (15)
6% (15)
Cutenessssss!! :3
26.9% (67)
26.9% (67)
Big boobs, big arse (clothing optional)
5.2% (13)
5.2% (13)
Sexy
4% (10)
4% (10)
Other (specify)
31.3% (78)
31.3% (78)
I'm asexual
4% (10)
4% (10)
I am a jellyfish and do not approve of this thread *sting*
17.7% (44)
17.7% (44)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What do you look for in a partner?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Seeing that I'm in that mood, I decided to make a thread about this. What do you look for in a romantic relationship? Take into consideration, Personality, appearance, how they present themselves and their attitude.

Personally I like mysterious and hardy girls that are pretty. Will I ever find this women? No-one knows....... To be continued.

Anyway, discuss, enjoy, and of coarse no flame wars.

Yes I'm doing this because I'm bored.

OMG, captcha saved me from posting this before it was ready, Captcha is a hero.

Like minded, who finds my jokes funny and makes me laugh. Someone I can be 100% myself around with them enjoying it and joining in with whatever I'm saying whether it be incredibly dark observations, mind numbingly stupid jokes or all the shades in between.

Obviously it's beauty that's going to attract me to someone, and they do have to be gorgeous to me, but even the hottest person would get fucking annoying to be around when you're doing day to day things together every day if they have no personality to keep you company.

Basically someone who can make me happy whilst shopping, because mundane shit like that is going to happen a lot and it may as well be fun.

Obviously this isn't what I look for in flings, hotness is (almost) all that counts there.

I think cuteness matter to me the most and the thing that matters next is that they will like or tolerate my hobbies such as anime and gaming.

If she did these things I'm all welcome.

And someone that likes to joke like me and isn't anything like girls these days. (You know those slutty clothing and such...sigh)

But so far it I have not met one girl that likes these things or does any of these things.

:(
Soon though.

Double X chromosomes are a good place to start.

TheYellowCellPhone:
Double X chromosomes are a good place to start.

Just 46 of them, being the next requirement.

Someone who likes me for me and doesn't try and control me.

EDIT: I accidentally sent that and wasn't finished writing. Derp.

Also, someone who has a nice sense of humour, likes some of the things I like (not all, I don't wanna date myself). Obviously, attractiveness. And someone I can nerd-out with. :)

Tricky question. I've never specifically looked for anything in a partner; in a relationship, sure, but not in a particular person. I have a terrible habit of idealising people, so when I start to notice their faults they can overwhelm me. As such, I cannot in good conscience look for love or romance, yet fall into it.

Eh...I've always thought that I wouldn't know if something would be right for me until I've really had a chance to look it over. I guess that extends to stuff like "big boobs" or whatever.

Can make my choice off of lust just like everyone else. Make a tiny suggestion? A relationship is a word that doesn't exist. Relationship is nothing more than two people getting together that have money. Is mostly based off of looks and the need to feel sucure because we have a deep fear of dying alone. Mostly works like this. Works out fine most of the time if the wife loses her job and the man is still working. Out there everyday looking for work, she just can't seem to find it. There is always the stay at home moms and dads, but kids are a big factor in not wanting to end it. Is the man that loses his job and the wife works. The man is out there everyday looking for work and they don't have kids. Man will lose his wife or girlfriend. Will be a timer in the womens head and if you can't find work fast enough, they will leave you. be nice if relationships did exist, but they don't.

My ideal guy would be a failing rock star in his 30s, who spends most of the day sulking around the house topless with long unwashed hair and Levi jeans. He will have a part time job and spend the weekends with his rocker friends touring pubs to try to make it big time. He spends every spare penny he has on getting more tattoos to express his pain, chain smoking, and random romantic gestures. He wrote a song named after me and after concerts walks home hand in hand with his rocker friends slurring drunkenly and giggling, makes it to the house, throws up on the door step then collapses on the sofa.

90s guys....sigh....

Stasisesque:
Tricky question. I've never specifically looked for anything in a partner; in a relationship, sure, but not in a particular person. I have a terrible habit of idealising people, so when I start to notice their faults they can overwhelm me. As such, I cannot in good conscience look for love or romance, yet fall into it.

I have the exact same problem.

Nowadays, I tend to scrap my "wishlist" of traits/qualities in a potential partner, and instead focus on trying to find someone I mesh with; someone I have chemistry with.

I find that everything else seems to fall into place if you know that you're comfortable with someone, and that you're really interested in/attracted to them.

Shawn MacDonald:
Can make my choice off of lust just like everyone else. Make a tiny suggestion? A relationship is a word that doesn't exist. Relationship is nothing more than two people getting together that have money. Is mostly based off of looks and the need to feel sucure because we have a deep fear of dying alone. Mostly works like this. Works out fine most of the time if the wife loses her job and the man is still working. Out there everyday looking for work, she just can't seem to find it. There is always the stay at home moms and dads, but kids are a big factor in not wanting to end it. Is the man that loses his job and the wife works. The man is out there everyday looking for work and they don't have kids. Man will lose his wife or girlfriend. Will be a timer in the womens head and if you can't find work fast enough, they will leave you. be nice if relationships did exist, but they don't.

So basically... `Blah blah blah, misogyny`.

Lovely.

Not sure what who-has-the-job has to do with this thread, but as a lady who had a boyfriend with no job when I had a job, thats balls.

Phasmal:

Shawn MacDonald:

Lovely.

Not sure what who-has-the-job has to do with this thread, but as a lady who had a boyfriend with no job when I had a job, thats balls.

Basically that takes no balls because this is the first time you have told this story. That blah blah blah misogyny crap doesn't work on me anymore. Blah Blah is not a valid excuse for becoming deaf to another persons thoughts. Blah Blah doesn't get you out of crap either. Doesn't matter what you say because your a random person on the internet that I will never meet. Matters most is what I have seen happen on the news, real life, newspapers, internet. Most of the time this crap will happen, just because your different, doesn't mean your not in the minority.

Shawn MacDonald:

Basically that takes no balls because this is the first time you have told this story. That blah blah blah misogyny crap doesn't work on me anymore. Blah Blah is not a valid excuse for becoming deaf to another persons thoughts. Blah Blah doesn't get you out of crap either. Doesn't matter what you say because your a random person on the internet that I will never meet. Matters most is what I have seen happen on the news, real life, newspapers, internet. Most of the time this crap will happen, just because your different, doesn't mean your not in the minority.

Um, I think you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean working when you are a lady and your man isn't takes balls. I meant saying women are money watching timebombs is bollocks.
And of course its the first time I've said it, I don't generally need to say that I had done that unless someone comes along saying that women will break up with you after a time if you don't work.

But if you choose to stick to dumb stereotypes I guess thats up to you.

Shawn MacDonald:

Phasmal:

Shawn MacDonald:

Lovely.

I should think what matters most are the experiences you've had and the relationships you've been in which would give you such an outlook on coupling. Of the four things you listed that matter, only one of them (and the second one, at that) is at all pertinent when it comes to evaluating relationships. I would take what I see in the news with a big grain of salt, you're not always given a full picture.

As for me, I would want a woman who is independent, ambitious, smart and has a good sense of humour.

Phasmal:

Shawn MacDonald:

Um, I think you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean working when you are a lady and your man isn't takes balls. I meant saying women are money watching timebombs is bollocks.
And of course its the first time I've said it, I don't generally need to say that I had done that unless someone comes along saying that women will break up with you after a time if you don't work.

But if you choose to stick to dumb stereotypes I guess thats up to you.

I understood what you meant and called you on it. Understood every paragraph, every simple detail. Every little thing down to the wire, but if it makes you feel better to think I didn't understand, well to each his own.

I like someone who's laid back and likes to have a laugh. Also someone who's clever (but preferably not snobby about it, although that doesn't always turn me off if they're as clever as they think they are) and of course someone who respects me and doesn't try to put me down to make themselves look big (i.e. teasing me in front of his friends).

Shawn MacDonald:
doesn't mean your not in the minority.

So stop being bitter and jaded and go find a woman who you think is in the minority? It makes me very sad when people decide that love is all a pile of crap based on the actions of a few people that they've observed.

Goofguy:

Shawn MacDonald:

Phasmal:

Lovely.

I should think what matters most are the experiences you've had and the relationships you've been in which would give you such an outlook on coupling. Of the four things you listed that matter, only one of them (and the second one, at that) is at all pertinent when it comes to evaluating relationships. I would take what I see in the news with a big grain of salt, you're not always given a full picture.

As for me, I would want a woman who is independent, ambitious, smart and has a good sense of humour.

Should write in the paper because everybody is looking for you just described. Write down what I see and experience, I don't think relationships exist. Down and out, no I am not. Am I depressed, nope. I am just an average guy that has seen through the bullshit. A labeling of this will not make it untrue.

Can someone clarify what is appealing about 'mystery'? If I were to ask my partner questions only to get vague and cryptic responses I would be rather annoyed. Unless by 'mystery' you mean 'doesn't describe the exact shape and texture of their turds to me', which I would be quite grateful for, particularly after living with my family.

lisadagz:
I like someone who's laid back and likes to have a laugh. Also someone who's clever (but preferably not snobby about it, although that doesn't always turn me off if they're as clever as they think they are) and of course someone who respects me and doesn't try to put me down to make themselves look big (i.e. teasing me in front of his friends).

Shawn MacDonald:

So stop being bitter and jaded and go find a woman who you think is in the minority? It makes me very sad when people decide that love is all a pile of crap based on the actions of a few people that they've observed.

Stop what? What are you talking about random person who has never met me. Are you just pissed off because someone doesn't share your marsh mellow view of the world. You angry and start labeling people because they don't have your opinion? Anger leads to hate like yoda said, lol.

Shawn MacDonald:

lisadagz:

Shawn MacDonald:

Stop what? What are you talking about random person who has never met me. Are you just pissed off because someone doesn't share your marsh mellow view of the world. You angry and start labeling people because they don't have your opinion? Anger leads to hate like yoda said, lol.

Oh, not angry, I'm sad. :( Sad that you're so angry at the women who act like bitches that you feel the need to tell everyone what a waste of time relationships are, while the guys on here who have decent girlfriends are going to be shaking their heads sadly at you as well because they know you've shot yourself in the foot at finding happiness with a nice lady because you think they're all like that.
I guess I was hoping to calm you down a little by suggesting all is not lost, but you seem mad that I picked up on it so, sorry.

lisadagz:

Shawn MacDonald:

lisadagz:

Oh, not angry, I'm sad. :( Sad that you're so angry at the women who act like bitches that you feel the need to tell everyone what a waste of time relationships are, while the guys on here who have decent girlfriends are going to be shaking their heads sadly at you as well because they know you've shot yourself in the foot at finding happiness with a nice lady because you think they're all like that.
I guess I was hoping to calm you down a little by suggesting all is not lost, but you seem mad that I picked up on it so, sorry.

Not a thing to be sad about. A person makes his own way through life with his own views and opinions. Person doesn't need love to be a great man. Doesn't need societys approval on what happiness is. needs a goal and a plan, women to me are a creature that is not to be trusted. A girl can try to change your mind, she can say all the right things, she can try to figure it out. Girls to me are a chapter that is done and it is time to say goodbye.

Shawn MacDonald:
Not a thing to be sad about. A person makes his own way through life with his own views and opinions. Person doesn't need love to be a great man. Doesn't need societys approval on what happiness is.

That's true! :) You're happy without a partner, I suppose you were trying to tell everyone that they shouldn't bother with relationships because you can't be bothered with them, and I was trying to tell you that you should bother with relationships because I think they're nice.

I guess we both need to realise that different people do things in different ways.

Intellect > Personality > Appearance. Yes that is more or less how it goes for me. I feel i must note this doe not make appearance unimportant but rather a total lack of intelligence with lead to a total lack of interest in you as a person romantic or otherwise, likewise being intelligent can make you far more attractive.

As for personality that is sadly a more one sided but still more or less the same thing I have no interest in people who are assholes i do not care how hot you are if you are a Klan member i am not going to fuck you and i am defiantly not going to date you. As for good personalities yes a good one can make you a far more attractive choice but it may also make you one of those "friend zone" (A term which I hate, but it applies) people just because I like you does not mean we should go out for me there are some people who will only make it to the level of friend. Best friend who is more or less family? Sure! But never love interest.

Well, firstly, personality, if talking to her/being around her doesn't make me happy then its not worth it. Looks help, but I don't care how attractive someone is, if talking to her is like talking to a plank of wood then that's a deal breaker. Someone who can have proper discussions with me is also awesome.

manic_depressive13:
Can someone clarify what is appealing about 'mystery'? If I were to ask my partner questions only to get vague and cryptic responses I would be rather annoyed. Unless by 'mystery' you mean 'doesn't describe the exact shape and texture of their turds to me', which I would be quite grateful for, particularly after living with my family.

Well, some people (like myself) just find it attractive.

I like women with a mysterious vibe.

Maybe I've been hanging around with the Dark Brotherhood too much.

Someone I'll enjoy being with everyday. That's pretty vague but I'm open minded.

GethBall:

manic_depressive13:

Well, some people (like myself) just find it attractive.

I like women with a mysterious vibe.

Maybe I've been hanging around with the Dark Brotherhood too much.

Yes, but what is a mysterious vibe? What makes someone mysterious? How might one go about appearing as such?

I look for someone who I can discuss anything with intelligently with a similar sense of humour who I find attractive and she feels the same way

A cybernetic heart, a metal exoskeleton, claws for hands and death ray eyes, I mean if a woman doesn't have that then what's the point

Well first off looks - I prefer small and slender - not a giant or overweight
a voice to match her looks
and a personality full of passion, devotion, kindness, and a bit playful
shy is also good and smart, but not so smart that I'll feel like an idiot at everything

and not to sound racist but either Oriental or Caucasian with at least a close religious affiliation - I want someone who I can relate to and also feel is already a member of my family in such a way that I could openly talk to her about any subject
and someone who can share my interests of video games, movies, and music

with all the years ive played games, a pulse is about where im at right now. *insert forever alone raid face ftl*

I don't really have any set criteria. Same way I don't think I'll only be friends with x kind of people. I've been with girls with very different personalities, tastes, appearances etc.

Shawn MacDonald:
women to me are a creature that is not to be trusted. A girl can try to change your mind, she can say all the right things, she can try to figure it out. Girls to me are a chapter that is done and it is time to say goodbye.

And I'm sure it's their loss.

Brilliant, sexy, goddamn lunatics if my dating history informs choice.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked