What do you look for in a romantic relationship?
Mysterious
3.6% (9)
3.6% (9)
Hardy, serious
6% (15)
6% (15)
Cutenessssss!! :3
26.9% (67)
26.9% (67)
Big boobs, big arse (clothing optional)
5.2% (13)
5.2% (13)
Sexy
4% (10)
4% (10)
Other (specify)
31.3% (78)
31.3% (78)
I'm asexual
4% (10)
4% (10)
I am a jellyfish and do not approve of this thread *sting*
17.7% (44)
17.7% (44)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What do you look for in a partner?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

An easy-going personality, and at least somewhat good-looking.

Not too much to ask, is it?

To be perfectly honest...I have no idea what the hell I want. XD I guess just somebody who's easy to talk to would be the top priority, but other than that I'm not really sure what I'm after.

Well I've only been in one relationship ever but I guess I look for...

. Intelligence.
. Good looking/Cute (it's kinda hard to describe this since I can be a bit specific and picky.)
. Share interests and what we find funny.
. And after my first relationship I definitely want someone emotionally stable.

There is more to it than that but that's just a summary of it I guess.

And for some reason I am really, really picky about jewellery and accesories on people since they kinda piss me off, especially tacky shit. Girls who are a bit more plain and attractive to me I think and those who wear no jewellery or accesories definitely helps.

(I know I am a horrible person for being so picky but that stuff just instinctively annoys me...)

EDIT: I also quite like petite, cute, shy, kind girls and...*cough* Asian girls... *cough* but I don't specifically like only them of course.

As long as she's friendly and good looking i'm not picky.

1) They willingly accept the suboptimal controller
2) They let me be player 1 or have the big screen if there is an odd number of players
3) They don't rage quit after 5 min
4) If not in same room should own a mic

:)

A robotic voice and the ability to find 15 restaurants near me.

No, I don't really have an iphone and was just making a BBT reference

II2:

Yeah, pretty much this. The holy trinity. Found one once, but she found somebody taller and cooler. Recently I thought about giving up on finding this after one particular girl... sadly I found out the sad truth about myself, which is I'm incapable of giving up on the "good looking" aspect.

There may be more fish in the sea but the fact is I don't want to fuck a fish.

Other:
Intelligence, will of her own, and... No it's just the past few girls I went with have been wishy-washy and a bit willfully ignorant.

But cute is cute.

I prefer girls who enjoy kicking ass, like the literal kicking of ass. Most relationships I've had that lasted any duration were with girls who studied martial arts. Nothing is sexier to me than a girl who can sword fight.

II2:

Brilliant, sexy, goddamn lunatics if my dating history informs choice.

Going with Good Looking and Emotionally Stable. I'v had too many Good Looking and Intelligent, and trust me, people going batshit at 3 AM and locking themselves into the bathroom crying for no apparent reason..It gets old.

And more OT: I want a shitload more in a partner than just ONE of those options. Geeze.

A pulse.

But seriously, start with a pulse. Then make sure it's human. Then make sure she's female. After that, if i can stand being around her for more than 10 minutes, there's potential.

II2:

This too. Lunatics can be fun... So long as they aren't the "kill you in your sleep" kind.

Kind personality, interested in my interests, pro sense of humour, takes control. That will do me.

Optional bonus: Big boobies. Big eyes.

Otherwise, looks are viewed on quite loosely.

4ged:
with all the years ive played games, a pulse is about where im at right now. *insert forever alone raid face ftl*

That's about where I'm at too.

If I were to lay down some specifics though I'd probably say I look for a sweet, kind, sensitive, girl, who also has a bit of a sense of humour and is intelligent and respects herself. I'm not terribly picky about looks, but BBW do turn me off.

EDIT: Also, one that can tolerate me.

.No.:

Shawn MacDonald:
women to me are a creature that is not to be trusted. A girl can try to change your mind, she can say all the right things, she can try to figure it out. Girls to me are a chapter that is done and it is time to say goodbye.

To each his own I guess. Each guy wants to pretend they are captain save a ho to make themselves look better, then go ahead.

Shawn MacDonald:

To each his own I guess. Each guy wants to pretend they are captain save a ho to make themselves look better, then go ahead.

Yep. To each their own. You want to delude yourself and make mass generalizations that set humanity back a couple hundred years? Fine. You want to be a misogynistic asshole who sees his his beliefs as the one and only truth? I'm okay with that.
I'd like it if this was the last post. However, if you feel like responding, then come at me bro. Your words will do nothing but make me laugh.

GethBall:
snip

Huh... I do have an 'idealised woman' that exists in my head, but unfortunately, she is based a little too much on my second gf... in fact, it is basically my second gf without the emotional instability and facial scars, and even those I wouldn't trade for anything in her.

Someone who loves me, accepts my strangeness (and maybe even encourages it), shares my interests, and is good at making choices. I'm not good at that. I'm not quite a submissive "tell me what to do" girl, but my default is to always try to accommodate. I'll entertain myself, but if someone else is around me, I want to do what makes them happy, and try to trust that they'll do the same for me.

Physically, I do have a preference for larger busts and black hair, but neither is vital. The closest I probably get to an actual requirement, physically, is more intimate shaving. Simply because I don't really care for the way it tickles me when I'm down there. Sexually, I go back to my desire for mutual accommodation. I have kinks that aren't the most usual. And while not required to enjoy intimacy, they do add something for me. But not when I have to ask for it. It's a mentality thing. I want someone who loves me enough to surprise me, and let me surprise her in turn (unless she is the domme type and wants to stay in control, which I'm also fine with to an extent. I want a partner, not a mistress, but I'll play the sub role situationally).

Someone that I can get along with, that understands my odd sense of humor. I like people that are funny. I also like people in the same hobby I'm in (such as video games), thought I'm open to try any hobbies they have. I would like someone down to earth and easy-going, also someone that is emotionally stable. They just have to have that sort of connection thing too. Like my boyfriend, he's awesome. He hits like 5/6 things, but I love him <3

A pulse.
I kid, I kid! ...A pulse isn't necessary.

Okay okay, serious time:
I look for a partner that is like-minded, but an individual in their own right. I'd love to share a lot of hobbies with them, but I want them to have their own experiences and to bring some new to my life that I can then enjoy with them, as well as bring something new to their life.
I'd prefer them to be happy being pretty 'casual' at first, with no long-term plan other than to try and make it work, until it's not worth trying any more. I don't care if they're more or less intelligent, to a degree, just as how, to a similar degree, I don't mind if they're more or less attractive.

I just want someone I can share my joy with and who can bring that joy out in me.

Damn, I've gone all squishy-faced from smiling so I'mma jus' gon' punch a wall, brb.

In order of importance:
- A good personality: nice/kind, giving, good sense of humor
- Intelligence: I don't demand a PhD, but she should be smart enough to know normal things and get into philosophical discussions
- Cute: obviously if she was an anime character irl, fuck yeah seaking! But cuteness > hotness imo

I'd rather a plain looking girl that is smart, nice and funny, than a playboy bunny with a lot of cash.

Someone that doesn't mess up all the time. Seriously, it get's old only relying on yourself.

I love it when girls are gamers (not hurr Black Ops). I also like it when we both give each other our space when we need it.

Big boobs are fun too. Not a requirement cause that's retarded but my girlfriend now has some nice C's and they're a whole lot of fun :D!

II2:

Brilliant, sexy, goddamn lunatics if my dating history informs choice.

*Sigh*

Why must you bring evident truths into it and make me all depressed?

DazZ.:
Like minded, who finds my jokes funny and makes me laugh. Someone I can be 100% myself around with them enjoying it and joining in with whatever I'm saying whether it be incredibly dark observations, mind numbingly stupid jokes or all the shades in between.

Obviously it's beauty that's going to attract me to someone, and they do have to be gorgeous to me, but even the hottest person would get fucking annoying to be around when you're doing day to day things together every day if they have no personality to keep you company.

Basically someone who can make me happy whilst shopping, because mundane shit like that is going to happen a lot and it may as well be fun.

Obviously this isn't what I look for in flings, hotness is (almost) all that counts there.

I'm with this guy.

The only word I'd need in the poll is humor. If you dont have the same humor as your partner I think your life will suck, or you will break up.

The only exception would be if you have no humor I guess.

I do not really know what I'm looking for, but I would guess it would somebody that I would trust.

Sexy. It's all about the sexy.

(But intelligence, sense of humour, commitment, and ability to open jars are all good too.)

Intelligence and clarity of communication are the most important things. I have a very small group of friends because I hate trying to talk to people who are ignorant and unintelligent or can't express ideas through words properly. The next thing is appearance I suppose, I'm not going to lie and say that sex appeal doesn't matter to me. Essentially any combination of those factors would be ideal, and a huge bonus would be musical talent/ interest in music sharing some similarities to my own.

First thing I look for is individuality. Not particularly in the sense that they are unique, as we all are, but rather that she's comfortable with expressing herself freely.

bluepilot:
My ideal guy would be a failing rock star in his 30s, who spends most of the day sulking around the house topless with long unwashed hair and Levi jeans. He will have a part time job and spend the weekends with his rocker friends touring pubs to try to make it big time. He spends every spare penny he has on getting more tattoos to express his pain, chain smoking, and random romantic gestures. He wrote a song named after me and after concerts walks home hand in hand with his rocker friends slurring drunkenly and giggling, makes it to the house, throws up on the door step then collapses on the sofa.

90s guys....sigh....

Hey, I'm a 90's guy and I rese- -Vomits Uncontrollably-

My wife fits the bill perfectly. But the major requirement was to love me back so...

No you need to be hardy to be with me. I'm such a idiot alot of the time so you need to be able to put up with all my crap. She does amazingly well in that regard so I am trying to be such a moron to repay her.

.No.:

Shawn MacDonald:

Yep. To each their own. You want to delude yourself and make mass generalizations that set humanity back a couple hundred years? Fine. You want to be a misogynistic asshole who sees his his beliefs as the one and only truth? I'm okay with that.
I'd like it if this was the last post. However, if you feel like responding, then come at me bro. Your words will do nothing but make me laugh.

To be quite fair, you poked your nose into my post and gave me nothing to work with. Be brutally honest, you just wasted your time. Basically anybody that doesn't make you think at least a little bit is a waste of time, see ya later Mr. I think like everybody else.

I go just for looks now... almost everything else can either be fixed or ignored

Shawn MacDonald:

.No.:

Shawn MacDonald:

To be quite fair, you poked your nose into my post and gave me nothing to work with. Be brutally honest, you just wasted your time. Basically anybody that doesn't make you think at least a little bit is a waste of time, see ya later Mr. I think like everybody else.

OH NOES
I THINK LIKE PEOPLE WHO DON'T HATE WOMEN?
WOE IS ME
Also, I didn't waste my time. I had a laugh, and now feel better about my friends when they're assholes. Also, I saw firsthand something that can only be described as beautifully dumb. Bye!

Are you a sociopath?

No-> Ok then

Yes-> Run away

Im not hard to please really

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked