3% (24)
>10
2.5% (20)
2.5% (20)
Fuck you, I'm fabulous
6.2% (49)
6.2% (49)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How many relationships have you been in?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

2. One before med school...and one now. Getting married this winter. :)

Unless you want to count one in high school, where she was cheating on me with her ex boyfriend two days after she asked me out. That whole week I was in a stupor. I used that whole "flame in the void" thing from the Wheel of Time to get me on my feet. No problemo.

The next one was in college for about 3 months. Stupidest thing I ever did. I resolved to never date a woman who drinks alcohol.

This one...well...*stupid grin*

Hmmm, I know someone said it, but I'll echo it. Surprising number of people never being in relationships. I know this is a video game forum, but I figured if I had a few, than even the most introverted here would've eclipsed my total.

OT: I've had four. Two in school. Not serious. One where I was a total tool of a woman I had known and liked during high school. She became a bitch and I put on my rose colored glasses. Thought it would be a good idea to move in together in a town nearly 6 hours from where we lived.

It was the best decision of my life. She ended up skipping work so she could go LARPing and stiffing me with the bills. We were staying with mutual friends, when said friend told me that EX said she had me wrapped. And she did. I cut her out of my life like a tumor and took my half of the stuff from storage, left her with the storage bill, no money, no job and the only way for her to get back home was to give up her dreams and beg her parents for money. Feels good man.

two years later, while I'm thriving in my new city, I met another girl (Just as big of a nerd as I) who I later married. We have a little girl together.

And Ive never looked back.

One, it lasted three weeks sadly. I've been in love outside of a relationship but that didn't work and I've had many crushes, I like a girl now but nothing is happening that. It's quite depressing.

I'm 17 and I'd count 4 as the amount of proper relationships I've been in, (aka lasted more than a couple of weeks)

1. Yeah, this was kinda pointless, not really sure why I counted this one

2. The reason the phrase "Don't put your dick in crazy" was invented for. (I'm in the UK so 16 is legal age before anyone points out the fact I'm 17) Also she cheated on me with several guys, and most of my friends knew this for a week before I found out. From one of the dicks she cheated on me with. Cheers for that guys -__-

3. Pretty good actually, lot of problems due at the start due to interference and being stalked by no.2 ^ but was fun while it lasted, still good friends now

4. We were best friends for about 6 months before we started going out, and im currently still with her now and it is awesome :)

I'm on the 10+.
Started dating at age 18.
Note, none of these include one night stands or things that don't make it past a month--there were a whole bunch of those.

First two years of the Army:
1. Army cook (3 months)--she cheated on me. First relationship and it was a bit dramatic.
2. Army helicopter pilot (3 months)--she cheated on me. The break up was civilized...but it wasn't cool.
3. Army wire dog (4 months)--I left the country

5 years in Germany
4. German ex-law student (2.5 years)--we broke up amicably and are still good friends.
5. Sexy Fetish Gal (1 year)--we broke up amicably, more or less
6. Soccer Player (1 year or so)--we broke up amicably...though I think the reason was bogus.

4 years undergraduate
7. Fellow RA (4-6 months?)--she transferred to a different school
8. Wild artist (4-6 months)--amicable break up. We still keep in touch.
9. Awesome dancer (4-6 months)--amicable break up. We still keep in touch.
10. Brilliant actor (2.5 years)--I moved away to go to grad school...and neither of us do long distance. We are still good friends.

Beginning of grad school
11. Friend of a friend...ex-Navy (3 months...2 months too long)--this woman was crazy, luckily she moved away.

#4 and #10 were brilliant relationships...so good! #10 especially are what relationships should all be like. The sex was great, we had lots in common, great trust, never argued. Awesome-sauce.

I have not dated since #11 (a few one night stands, a couple of one off dates with no-sex...but no real relationships)
I last dated in 2002, I'd say...so it has been 10 years.
Part of that has been the insanity of grad school...bad timing (a really great dating option cropped right before I left the state to get a job--dang!)...but mostly it's because I transitioned 10 years ago and many people don't want to date a transexual dude. It is what it is. I'll just say though, I had way more sex when I was living as a lesbian than I do now living as a straight guy.

Zero? ZERO?! Why is that the highest voted choice? I didn't think the stereotype was going to have THAT much basis in fact. Is it an age thing? Are most of the users on this site too young for a real relationship (if that's the case, more power to you, you're making smart decisions) but I think by the end of college you should have had at least one relationship right.

Mr Cwtchy:
Nearly 19 and so far I've been in 0000000000.0 relationships.

Redundant? Maybe.

Better than just posting foreveralone.jpg though.

or you could of just experienced the same thing I did. While I had attraction to girls in high school I just couldn't see myself being in a relationship with any of them. They all seemed immature and not very intellectual. Seemed like all they cared about was "the rules of high school".

-shrug- I didn't find my first real GF till college. I wouldn't worry about it too much, least not yet.

3 not counting online, 6 if you do.

I don't know how to answer the question...

I have had 10 separate relationships, but only with 5 different girls.

But of those ten, only two of them really meant anything. I'll go with two.

18 years old. 0 relationships.

I've been kissed once. That means I was in a relationship, right?

Well for me a relationship is being together about a month or so, so I'd say 5. I don't mind being alone, I don't look for relationships, they just happen. I'd rather just have one, and have it work out to be honest.

Two proper relationships and one "friends with benefits".

And I'm hoping it'll stay at that number. The second guy is a good'n, and I plan to hold on to him as long as I can.

Does anyone else sense an Escapist dating thread coming on?
Not entirely a joke, it's just crazy enough to work.

OP: One. Nothing to be excited about. High School girls are pretty shallow, but I'm off to Princeton in the fall, and the people there are many things, but not shallow.

0. And 20 years old. And the main reason mostly due to me not trying and the reason for that is circumstances I could not control(It involved my childhood, teenage year and my cancer sick mom).

Dating or getting in to a reltationship was never really that high on my priority list.

Concurrently or consecutively?

0, why because I don't need to have a girlfriend having a partner puts to much pressure on people and its how many people ruin their lives plus I have no real emotional need for a girlfriend and I never will.
but eh if you want a partner I say go for it

friends put too much pressure on me anyways,A GF would just make it worse.

Zack Alklazaris:

Mr Cwtchy:

Redundant? Maybe.

or you could of just experienced the same thing I did. While I had attraction to girls in high school I just couldn't see myself being in a relationship with any of them. They all seemed immature and not very intellectual. Seemed like all they cared about was "the rules of high school".

-shrug- I didn't find my first real GF till college. I wouldn't worry about it too much, least not yet.

Perhaps, but I think it's more a combination of cripplingly low self-esteem, being fuck ugly, middling future prospects(career-wise) and having a personality more bland than a cracker without cheese.

Mr Cwtchy:

Zack Alklazaris:

Mr Cwtchy:

Redundant? Maybe.

Perhaps, but I think it's more a combination of cripplingly low self-esteem, being fuck ugly, middling future prospects(career-wise) and having a personality more bland than a cracker without cheese.

See thats your problem you need confidence. Doesn't matter how "ugly" you look as long as you project good confidence. Thats confidence, not "I'm your fucking god!" How is she suppose to trust you when you don't trust yourself?

Gatx:
Zero? ZERO?! Why is that the highest voted choice? I didn't think the stereotype was going to have THAT much basis in fact. Is it an age thing? Are most of the users on this site too young for a real relationship (if that's the case, more power to you, you're making smart decisions) but I think by the end of college you should have had at least one relationship right.

To be honest, I'm surprised by all the zeros too. I didn't thnk it would be the top one.
All the gamer guys I know are either in a relationship or have been, I thought the stereotype was overblown. Plus nerdy guys are cute (as long as they don't have women issues).

Zack Alklazaris:
See thats your problem you need confidence. Doesn't matter how "ugly" you look as long as you project good confidence. Thats confidence, not "I'm your fucking god!" How is she suppose to trust you when you don't trust yourself?

Well, the way I see it, if there's a girl I care about enough to want a relationship with, I'd presumably want the best for her.

And my conclusion is the best is definitely not me, so in the unlikely event that someone actually takes interest in me, I'd turn her down anyway, for her sake more than anything else. Hypothetical Girl could do so much better.

I do believe I've just thoroughly angsted this thread. Woo.

Mr Cwtchy:

Zack Alklazaris:

Well, the way I see it, if there's a girl I care about enough to want a relationship with, I'd presumably want the best for her.

And my conclusion is the best is definitely not me, so in the unlikely event that someone actually takes interest in me, I'd turn her down anyway, for her sake more than anything else. Hypothetical Girl could do so much better.

I do believe I've just thoroughly angsted this thread. Woo.

I see you need the same thing I did. A woman that face palms you. Tells you to shut up she know whats she wants. lol oh the memories.

I'm 25 and I put 4-6 but it's 4, 3 not serious all, two in university, one the year after and then this one has been going on for 3 and a half years...

The awkward moment where the majority of people said 0...
Yeah, me too...:(

19 years old, zero relationships, but still trying. :)
got close once, but we decided against it.

Polyamorous, so maybe a little different depending on how you define relationship... I've had 4 different fuck buddies/fwb,I've been in a dating group of 6 people, and I've been with my current girlfriend for 7 years, 8 in June...

So I'm going with 10+, since I was good friends and more with all mentioned above *shrugs*

Only two, so far.

But, as a wise squirrel once said:

I'll date anyone who isn't an idiot, hence the reason i'm still single.

Daystar Clarion:
I don't mind you worshipping me.

Bitch please. I've worshipped you since your food threads started. (Whens the next one?)

OT:
Three, or maybe Four. The implied fourth lasted about three days, during which we never saw each other (she asked me out over facebook in the middle of the school holidays)

EDIT:
I should probably also mention, 17, never tried on any of them, was asked out by the girls on all accounts. appropriately, I voted "Fuck you, I'm fabulous"

Yes, I'm arrogant, whatcha gonna do about it?

Darth Carr:

Daystar Clarion:

Bitch please. I've worshipped you since your food threads started. (Whens the next one?)

OT:
Three, or maybe Four. The implied fourth lasted about three days, during which we never saw each other (she asked me out over facebook in the middle of the school holidays)

I'm ashamed to say that I'm struggling to find a topic :D

British food isn't exactly renowned fot it's variety.

But I'll think of something.

Expect something around my 10,000th post.

Daystar Clarion:

Darth Carr:

Daystar Clarion:
Snippy

Snip

Le Snip

May I suggest HP Sauce? (If you haven't done it already that is)

Darth Carr:

Daystar Clarion:

Darth Carr:
Snip

Le Snip

I don't think HP sauce is that great.

I'll grab my coat.

I'm not counting doomed to fail relationships that lasted a month or two or whatever. They don't count to me, so I hit 3. Working on a number 4 now.

I'm fabulous!...More than 10...sadly>.> longest that ever lasted was like....2 weeks....it was mostly sex.

Daystar Clarion:

Darth Carr:

Daystar Clarion:

Le Snip

I'll grab my coat.

You... I... Uuh...
Yeah, you better grab your coat.

Pork Pie?

I think you've done that though. Or was that generic meat pie?

Darth Carr:

Daystar Clarion:

Darth Carr:

I'll grab my coat.

You... I... Uuh...
Yeah, you better grab your coat.

Pork Pie?

I think you've done that though. Or was that generic meat pie?

Pork pies were included in my pie thread, along with the other pies :D

Daystar Clarion:

Darth Carr:

Daystar Clarion:

OT:

I'm ashamed to say that I'm struggling to find a topic :D

British food isn't exactly renowned fot it's variety.

But I'll think of something.

Expect something around my 10,000th post.

How about this:
You make it like a food column where you try out new and strange combinations of British food and then report to the forums.
Fish and chips with marmite.
Haggis (does that count as British?) with Branston pickle.
Etc.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked