Escapist Dating Topic!

Well, I said it should happen, so here it is.

The forums seem to have been extra sexually charged the past few days with the relationship threads and all, so maybe we could do something about it!

This thread serves a dual purpose both as a sort of beta for any future dating threads as well as an adviceboard on how to improve usability etc.

I realize that this could very easily turn creepy, so let's band together to avoid that as much as possible.

My best guess as to how this would work is that anyone can post whatever contact info they're comfortable sharing as well as age, gender, sexuality, and even some interesting things about yourself. (preferably inside spoiler tags, instructions on which may be found here http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/markup_help.php)

Ok, I guess I'll start

I do understand that this will fail especially since it still means someone has to put themselves out there, so I'd love suggestions on improvements or alternate approaches. I'm certainly no relationship expert myself. :)

What do you mean could turn creepy?

Will is the phrase you are looking for.

I don't exactly know the ratio of men to women at the Escapist, but I predict a sausage-fest.

But otherwise good luck, I don't see why something couldn't come up.

Given how many threads seem to be devoted to the topic of hating on women, I kind of hope there are many fewer women than men around.

My my isn't this thread off to a pleasant start...

But I do wonder what the point of it is exactly, meeting people here?
Pro tip for dating, go outside and meet real people out in the real world, yes it will take time to adjust but it is also the only sensible way.

Or, you could all use an already established dating site and include your Escapist username in your details. WOAH.

Mr.K.:
My my isn't this thread off to a pleasant start...

But I do wonder what the point of it is exactly, meeting people here?
Pro tip for dating, go outside and meet real people out in the real world, yes it will take time to adjust but it is also the only sensible way.

No it's not, plenty of people meet on the internet. Even my neighbor, whose like 65 and recently divorced is finding dates on the internet.

Male, 29, seeking tidy, clean living, girl to share bible readings, prayer and to let me be her human toilet.

Edit: Must be non-smoker.

Hoplon:

I second this.

I can smell the desperation already...

Let's not judge that the escapist is full of needy people, if you please.

Stasisesque:
Or, you could all use an already established dating site and include your Escapist username in your details. WOAH.

Far to radical and out there! How would that even work :D

Age?
Fun Fact: I am a lumberjack.

My friends call me Bill John the lumberjack, you can call me Bill.

Hoplon:

"Will" is a word, not a phrase. ;)

OT: I'll pass, as foreveralone.jpg as I am, I am not foreveralone.jpg enough to start searching for a date on a forum made for something completely different.

DasDestroyer:

Hoplon:

OT: I'll pass, as foreveralone.jpg as I am, I am not foreveralone.jpg enough to start searching for a date on a forum made for something completely different.

"Will is a word, not a phrase. Come one come all fellow escapists, lend your ears to the tragic tale of the grammer nazi.

I am sorry, I had to do it.

*ahem*

Shawn MacDonald:

DasDestroyer:

Hoplon:

"Will is a word, not a phrase. Come one come all fellow escapists, lend your ears to the tragic tale of the grammer nazi.

That wasn't a case of Grammar Nazism... That was the difference between "a word" and "a phrase" which is by definition "a sequence of two or more words".
If you were to refer to your car as "a bicycle", would I be a Grammar Nazi for pointing out your mistake?

Even though there's an ASTOUNDING amount of gorgeous woman in the Its' A Me thread, I doubt anyone is going to try and pursue an actual relationship via The Escapist.

More power to you if you try and succeed but it's unlikely, especially if you've been to some of the threads and read some of the arguments. I could see a disagreement about who does the dishes turning into a full on World War.

Just Plain Lazy:
*ahem*

You have just managed to make my day brilliant, I was just litening to You Grew On Me by Tim Minchin.. I'm speechless.

why not just join a dating site instead of the trying to meet people on here?

Dating sites have at least a chance to get matched up with the right guy or gal and have a higher chance of it actually getting the gender correct

DasDestroyer:

Shawn MacDonald:

DasDestroyer:

That wasn't a case of Grammar Nazism... That was the difference between "a word" and "a phrase" which is by definition "a sequence of two or more words".
If you were to refer to your car as "a bicycle", would I be a Grammar Nazi for pointing out your mistake?

I know. I have decided to post a retarded picture and weird phrase when someone corrects someone elses grammer or any other stuff.

Think of it like V For Vendetta, much more retarded and way more pointless.

Remember remember the 13 of May, lol.

Crumpster:

Just Plain Lazy:
*ahem*

You have just managed to make my day brilliant, I was just litening to You Grew On Me by Tim Minchin.. I'm speechless.

Heh, after seeing him live I just knew he was perfect for this thread. XD The world needs more Minchin. x3

Or you could, you know try going out and meeting people in the real world?

Trying to get people blacklisted for future job applications, eh!?

That might even work..

Blunderboy:

That tends to cost more money, time and effort than just posting a picture of yourself on a forum though.
Also no way in Hell am I going out on the town by myself. "Ah yes, Johnny No-Mates in the corner there supping desperately on his three pints of cider, let's not pay him any heed on our Hot Ladies' Night Out".

Yes, that'll work.

Loop Stricken:

Blunderboy:

That tends to cost more money, time and effort than just posting a picture of yourself on a forum though.
Also no way in Hell am I going out on the town by myself. "Ah yes, Johnny No-Mates in the corner there supping desperately on his three pints of cider, let's not pay him any heed on our Hot Ladies' Night Out".

Yes, that'll work.

However it has a much greater chance of success.
Why on earth would you go out on your own?

So ladies... Do you like what you see?

Just PM me for a chance to get some of that ^^^^^

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked