Do you want to marry someone?
Yes
51.9% (273)
51.9% (273)
No
34.8% (183)
34.8% (183)
I'm a strong black women that dosen't need no man.
9.1% (48)
9.1% (48)
Already married (and planning to stay that way)
3.8% (20)
3.8% (20)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Do you even want to get married?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Shawn MacDonald:

Melanie McGreevey:

Shawn MacDonald:
Getting married is like gambling, your probably going to lose somewhere down the road.

Fun facts as to why you should not get married.

1. Divorce is expensive.
2. One vagina for the rest of your life until you die.
3. Weddings are expensive
4. You have to buy a fucking ring(guess what, thats expensive.)
5. You lose touch with your friends.
6. You get dragged to way more horrible things(hanging out with other married couples, her folks)
7. You become more of a boring human being.

1. why marry someone going into it thinking it's going to end?
2. and? if it's good why should it matter?
3. mine wasn't... my brother in law's living room, with a justice of the peace.
4. Naw, my wife just wanted a simple little ring, it should be about love not things.
5. I haven't, the people that are important will always be there.
6. I love her family, and we are so close, we only do things we both want to do. If i happen to not want to, she goes alone.
7. if anything, my life has become more exciting.

really marriage isn't so bad. :D

You know what I have to say to this. The same thing I say to homeless people when they ask for change.

NOPE!

are you married? not everyone's life goes the way you say.

Melanie McGreevey:

Shawn MacDonald:

Melanie McGreevey:

1. why marry someone going into it thinking it's going to end?
2. and? if it's good why should it matter?
3. mine wasn't... my brother in law's living room, with a justice of the peace.
4. Naw, my wife just wanted a simple little ring, it should be about love not things.
5. I haven't, the people that are important will always be there.
6. I love her family, and we are so close, we only do things we both want to do. If i happen to not want to, she goes alone.
7. if anything, my life has become more exciting.

really marriage isn't so bad. :D

You know what I have to say to this. The same thing I say to homeless people when they ask for change.

NOPE!

Your seeing it through a womens eyes. It's win win for you. You have stability. You now have a permanent nesting ground to make babies. You got him by the balls if he ever decides to do anything stupid. For most men it's a nightmare that takes years to fully realize.

Shawn MacDonald:

Melanie McGreevey:

Shawn MacDonald:

NOPE!

Your seeing it through a womens eyes. It's win win for you. You have stability. You now have a permanent nesting ground to make babies. You got him by the balls if he ever decides to do anything stupid. For most men it's a nightmare that takes years to fully realize.

you did read my response very closely,,,

quote myself;
"my WIFE wanted a simple ring"
"I love HER family"

I was a man when we were married so your assumption is incorrect. I am open about who i am, so this isn't the first time i have said my wife, etc.

Melanie McGreevey:

Shawn MacDonald:

Melanie McGreevey:

quote myself;
"I love HER family"

I was a man when we were married so your assumption is incorrect. I am open about who i am, so this isn't the first time i have said my wife, etc.

I saw a female avatar and your name is Melanie. My brain made you into a girl even though you said you where a him. I need a cup of coffee and a donut because I have the image of a tranny in my head, lol.

Shawn MacDonald:

Melanie McGreevey:

Shawn MacDonald:

quote myself;
"I love HER family"

I saw a female avatar and your name is Melanie. My brain made you into a girl even though you said you where a him. I need a cup of coffee and a donut because I have the image of a tranny in my head, lol.

I WAS a him, i am not a "tranny" (that is a hateful word). I am a transsexual woman.

Yes, I do. :) And I'll be marrying my sweetheart next year. <3

It's a ludicrous institution, really, with an abhorrent failure rate, which says a lot about how well it fits in with modern sensibilities. I understand some people still embrace it, and that's their prerogative. I do find it interesting, though, that a lot of people who are ARDENTLY liberal, and open minded, and progressive, still cling to this one aging tradition because of symbolism yada yada, as if rigid, culturally endorsed symbolic gestures suddenly made sense to them on any level...intellectual or emotional.

I may end up getting married to my girlfriend one day if it's important enough to her, but I'd be doing it for her, not for me ,on any level. I find the whole thing ridiculous, almost to the point of being actively distasteful.

Melanie McGreevey:

Shawn MacDonald:

Melanie McGreevey:

quote myself;
"I love HER family"

I WAS a him, i am not a "tranny" (that is a hateful word). I am a transsexual woman.

I didn't know, I am sorry. I was making a joke. You hate the word, then I won't use it anymore if we ever talk again.

Shawn MacDonald:

Melanie McGreevey:

Shawn MacDonald:

I didn't know, I am sorry. I was making a joke. You hate the word, then I won't use it anymore if we ever talk again.

It's all good. Thanks for understanding :)

NO absolutely not. My life is my life and i will not share it with anyone else.
Almost 50% of marriages fail, which pretty much proves(well a least for me) that marriage as dying relic.

"Looks at option number 3"

...uh...more power to ya?

OT: I would like to, but that would require me actually being able to devlope a stable relationship with a woman, and I know myself, that just isn't going to happen at least for a long time.

If i was in a relation for quite some time and we both wanted it, sure.

It's not important to me personally, but it can also be financially beneficial in some cases.

Tho, even then only without dealing with any religious institution.

Right now, not really. Have to find someone I'd want to marry. Lacking that there's no incentive for me to want to be married.

despite the fact that i'm not exactly a believer of marriage i still want to do it to make my gf happy. so that's my story.

I got married too young and that unfortuantely ended in divorce...you know what they say: Why is divorce expensive? Because it's WORTH IT :p

I am married, much happier and about to celebrate our 10th anniversary this Friday :)

WolfThomas:
Yes one day to my current girlfriend when we're out of university and financially stable. I have told her this. Before then we'll probably live together. There's plenty of time.

That is where I am too actually me n my gf have been together since we were 16 (I'm 22) and we both decided to just worry about it when it makes sense financially.

I personally wouldn't see a marriage as anything more than symbolic - that said, if my partner wanted it enough, I wouldn't really have any objections to it, and besides, big damn party.

Phasmal:
I also want our kids to have the same last name. And I like the idea of being husband and wife. Plus weddings are fun.

But... I am undecided as to whether or not I will change my name. I don't want to hyphenate my name, so I don't know what I will do yet. I've thought about me and the boyfriend changing our last names to a mix of our two last names. I'm attatched to my name, he's attatched to his, so while he wouldn't really wanna change his completely, he understands if I dont wanna change mine.

Be thankful YOU don't have a hyphenated last name. I do, so if I get married, names will get... complicated. I'll be against whoever I marry taking my last name, unless they want to as an excuse to ditch their last name which they're REALLY not attached to. Kids though... how do you handle that? I am NOT giving them double, or triple-hyphenated names, my one's enough of a tongue-twister as it is, and it seems sort of unfair for them not to get any name from their theoretical mother.

I'm actively planning my proposal but I don't plan on implementing it for another year or three. I know who I'm going to end up with and it's someone who I couldn't see myself without. I found my one! Children is the only problem: neither of us want one though so we should be safe at least until the sex making happens for reals. I need to get snipped (am a male and it was my idea)

I love the idea of settling down with someone and would consider myself lucky if I ever had the opportunity.

Now having children or a proper religious ceremony are a different story.

I would like to get married one day, simply for the legal benefits. Our current government might even be reintroducing a tax break for married couples!

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years now (and living together for a year and a half) and I'm pretty certain that he's "the one". But we're still only 23/24, so I reckon we've got at least another 6 years before our parents start dropping hints.

At the moment, no. Some years from now? I couldn't say.

If you had told me five years ago that I'd be living in the city by age 24 I'd have laughed at you.

Things change.

I see no reason to, even if I spend the rest of my life with one woman. Marriage means nothing to me.

tzimize:
I see no reason to, even if I spend the rest of my life with one woman. Marriage means nothing to me.

But think of the tax cuts!

Eh, it's never bothered me tbh.
I do like the legal security the comes with it, especially if you have a family, but other than that? Meh, who knows.

Already happily married!

Love to. Same with having kids. It's something I've always really wanted.

While I have absolutely nothing against anyone who decides to get married, my only answer to this would have to be HELL NO!

Definitely, yes. But I have no idea if I'll ever want kids or not, cos I have the emotional age of a child, myself, and I work with kids all day.

Captcha: always there. That's a bit gay/creepy.

Yes. It's something I've dreamed of for as long as I can remember. Although as the years go by it seems less and less likely all the time.

Insert forever alone face here if you must, I hate those stupid crudely drawn meme faces.

Esotera:
I actively plan on never getting married, as I know that it's quite easy to fall into that trap if you care strongly about someone. I just object strongly to the whole idea of it...if you truly care about your significant other and believe the relationship is built to last, why do you need to legally bind yourselves to each other? It seems really insecure...obviously I haven't been married so may be missing something of the experience.

I've got very little against people getting married if it comes across that way, I just don't see the point of it all.

Relish in Chaos:
I don't want to get married because I don't see the point in it. It's not a "commitment". It makes no difference whether or not you're married, so I'm not going to waste my own hard-earned money arranging some stupid ceremony and reduce my love for my partner into some legal contract due to outdated tradition, remarkably still prevalent in our society due to soap operas and sitcoms shovelling it into our faces like goddamn mashed potato.

And what if we get divorced? Then there's even more hassle with the cost and the legal bullshit.

Married couples get

So it really does make a difference.

And now for my question if your significant other wants to get married, will you? If you say no then, if it doesn't make a difference to you, then why not get married?

i don't really see me wanting to get married any time soon if at all, maybe if i meet the right woman but so far they've all had the fatal flaw of being insane.

Kermi:
I don't plan to get married. I am married. I plan to stay that way.

Good man (woman) which ever.

Rawne1980:
I'm already married.

I plan on staying that way though, does that count?

No, your a horrible person.

Just kidding, good for you.

Shoggoth2588:
I'm actively planning my proposal but I don't plan on implementing it for another year or three. I know who I'm going to end up with and it's someone who I couldn't see myself without. I found my one! Children is the only problem: neither of us want one though so we should be safe at least until the sex making happens for reals. I need to get snipped (am a male and it was my idea)

If you are going to have someone in the relationship do it, it's the male for sure. Easier, safer and reversible :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked