Is your birthday special?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Just wondering, have any interesting events happened on your birthdays?
(Interesting is subjective)

On mine , July 29th, I found:
-Mussolini was born
-Hitler rose to power in his party.

With this question, Wikipedia is your best friend.

Mine is 13th of February. Thank God I wasn't born a day later, as the local paper prints baby pictures of all the locals born on Valentine's Day.

In any case, the last original Peanuts comic strip appeared the day after Charles Shultz died. "Black Sabbath" the album was released.

Oh God, I share a birthday with Jerry Springer. *Vomits*

Mine is 18th of December, it's special because it celebrates the day i was born :P (Also Christmas is only in a week or so)

Binnsyboy:
Mine is 13th of February. Thank God I wasn't born a day later, as the local paper prints baby pictures of all the locals born on Valentine's Day.

In any case, the last original Peanuts comic strip appeared the day after Charles Shultz died. "Black Sabbath" the album was released.

Ha, you happen to share a birthday with my little sister.

Yep, Friday the 13th of February. She is a daemon child.
Huh, black sabbath. nice.

Necron_warrior:

Binnsyboy:

Ha, you happen to share a birthday with my little sister.

Yep, Friday the 13th of February. She is a daemon child.
Huh, black sabbath. nice.

I shit you not, my best birthdays are always on the fridays. Case in point: the birthday for which I got my dog was a Friday.

Ooo, mines next Thursday!

The something special I found:
1987 U.S.A. The Simpsons
1987 : The Simpsons which had originally been created as a series of shorts for The Tracey Ullman Show with the first showing on April 19, 1987.

The Bose-Einstein Condensate was discovered on my birthday.
It's also the birthday of Mark Wahlberg, Pete Wentz and me.
(5th of June)

Necron_warrior:

-Mussolini was born

7th May.

The day the Nazis surrendered. - 1945. Yeah that just undid what you caused!

Sony was formed 1946.

National. Masturbation. Day. I think that is a WinRAR if I ever saw one.

Mine is September 20th and I remember when 9/11 happened... pretty awkward birthday i'll tell you what. Now? Not so much but no, my birthday isn't special. I haven't bothered to see if anything historical happened on that day and I really could care less. I hate birthday parties and hope to never have one again.

Broady Brio:

Necron_warrior:

-Mussolini was born

7th May.

The day the Nazis surrendered. - 1945. Yeah that just undid what you caused!

Sony was formed 1946.

National. Masturbation. Day. I think that is a WinRAR if I ever saw one.

I see your National Masturbation Day and I raise you one International Beer Day. 5th of August my friend.

Also on my tenth birthday Sir Alec Guinness (Obi Wan Kenobi) died.
Marylin Monroe died on my birthday. But quite a while before I was born. (1962)
Oh and most recently the Chilean Mining accident happened in 2010 on my birthday.

18th of May

The voice of Mickey Mouse died
The first law in North America banning slavery
Tina Feys birthday
Apollo 10 launch
International Museum day
World AIDs vaccine day

DugMachine:
Mine is September 20th and I remember when 9/11 happened... pretty awkward birthday i'll tell you what.

Lol, just imagine how the people who had birthday on 9/11 felt.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

DugMachine:
Mine is September 20th and I remember when 9/11 happened... pretty awkward birthday i'll tell you what.

Have a friend who's birthday is 9/11. Needless to say, he doesn't celebrate his birthday either lol

4 April-

Robert Downey Jr was born.
Vietnam War: Operation Baby Lift - A United States Air Force C-5A Galaxy crashes near Saigon, South Vietnam shortly after takeoff, transporting orphans - 172 die.
Space Shuttle Challenger makes its maiden voyage into space (STS-6).
15 British Royal Navy personnel held in Iran are released by the Iranian President.

DugMachine:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

DugMachine:

Have a friend who's birthday is 9/11. Needless to say, he doesn't celebrate his birthday either lol

He doesnt? Thats weird, or at least I think so.

I mean, those damn terrorists are already taking our freedom and our lives if various politicians are to be believed, so why let them take your birthday too?

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

DugMachine:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

He doesnt? Thats weird, or at least I think so.

I mean, those damn terrorists are already taking our freedom and our lives if various politicians are to be believed, so why let them take your birthday too?

I think he's just more like me and doesn't really care about his birthday. Add on the crappy history of it and it just becomes a big why bother with it type thing. Y'know?

14th of February, same as my oldest cousin in Jersey and a friend of min in high school. That's special, right?

Oh yeah, there's that Valentine's Day stuff as well, isn't there?

Capatcha: cherry on top
It is, isn't it?

April 17, 1961 Bay of Pigs Invasion: A group of CIA financed and trained Cuban refugees lands at the Bay of Pigs in Cuba with the aim of ousting Fidel Castro.

September 1st. The day the Nazis invaded Poland, thus beginning the Second World War. Not exactly a positive aspect, but hey it's history.

2nd of December. I am not sure of anything right off the top of my head that happened on December 2nd. So, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2. TA-DA! =D

If I had been born 3 days later I would be a leap year baby and only 5 years old. Lol

December 21st.

End of the world!

October 2nd

The same day that Groucho Marks and Ghandi were born. Not at the same time, of course. :P

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic premiered on my birthday, October 10th. BEST PRESENT EVER!!!

My birthday, the first of December, is World AIDS Day.

Important: Awareness of, not a day to contract it or whatever.

2nd February. Groundhog day.

June 9th

Natalie Portman's Birthday!

also some less exciting and boring stuff
Johnny Depp's Birthday
Micheal J Fox's Birtday
National day of mourning for JFK

And scarily enough
Roman Emperor Nero marries Octavia
9 years later same day Octavia dies
6 years after that same day Nero kills himself

August 6th, The atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. A whole host of other things happened on this day as well but I'm far to lazy to post all of them.

Oh yes, it's very special, I stay up all night, have game marathons, drink loads of en- .... oh.. OH.
Uh.. well, um, the Dusky Seaside Sparrow went extinct on June 17th.. And.. Well, O.J Simpson was arrested for the murder of his wife and her friend..
I give up. My birthday is boring.

June 22. Let's Wikipedia this shizz.

Okay, bunch of events that start with "Battle of", so not interested.
1906 - Flag of Sweden is adopted. Sweet. Cool. I like Swedes.

Not much else I care about. Let's try Births.

Princess Caroline Mathilde of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Kind of name that makes a name-pillow crocheting grandmother lose the will to live.

... Bunch of people I don't know....

Bruce Campbell? Wait, THE Bruce Campbell? Holy shit, you guys. I share a birthday with Bruce Campbell. Yes. Yes, my birthday is special.

Oh, God! But also share a birthday with Dan Brown and Uwe Boll. Now I'm depressed.

So, yeah. That was a fun little emotional roller-coaster of irrelevant information.

Captcha: fast and loose. The only way I know. Hey-o!

October 31st. Apparently Peter Jackson and I share the same birthday. I would have to say that is pretty cool.

Honestly, I just view my birthday as just another day.

I share a birthday with three foxy actresses (November 6th): Thandie Newton, Rebecca Romijn, and Emma Stone! Also: Joanna the Mad and John Philip Sousa. And Trace Beaulieu (Dr. Clayton Forrester and the original voice of Crow T. Robot)!

October 24th

1929 U.S.A. Wall Street Crash ( Black Thursday )
1945 U.S.A. United Nations established

I wiki'd it and there's just way too much stuff that happens every day D8 So I'll go with what I know:

The 7th of July is the start of a holiday in Japan called Tanabata. It often occurs in anime and manga. It's a very common birthdate for anime and manga characters.

2008 - Barack Obama becomes the first African-American to be elected President of the United States of America, also, Michael Crichton died.
1970 - The United States turns control of the Binh Thuy Air Base in the Mekong Delta over to South Vietnam.

Loving just how American-centric that Wiki article is by the way.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked