14.9% (43)
Bad
1% (3)
1% (3)
Terrible
3.1% (9)
3.1% (9)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Alright lads and ladies enough friendzone nonsense, we're discussing something both genders agree on

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

The best of their time maybe. They haven't aged well. Only hipsters or old people with a sissy taste in music likes them.

I'll put them as "Great".

Never liked them. I've always found their songs too... Thin? I guess? I dunno, hard to describe.

jck4332:
I'm talking of course about The Beatles, I guarantee that both genders will agree that they are either the best/overrated/okay/good/great/bad.

Their music does nothing for me at all but that might be because im more of a metal/rock guy. That being said though they mustve done something right to be so popular.

Elvis and Michael Jackson fans also looked like that. Please dont compare them to Justin Bieber just because of how some of their fans were. Case in point, theese guys career lives on beyond Death. Justin Biebers career will take a dive like the boybands of the 90's... Maybe boybands will become popular again.

That reminds me... Backstreet Boys had more content in their lyrics than Justin Bieber. Its a scary thought.

'Other'

Yeah I'm going with the cop out answer. I like a lot of their early stuff, the frenetic pop-rock that made them famous, but then it goes a bit off the rails with nonsense like Strawberry Fields Forever. I know some people consider it a classic but I cannot stand that song.

I suppose it would be safe to say that on the whole I liked everything of their early stuff, but then only specific tracks of their later work. For example, I could never listen to the whole of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, because of stuff like Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite, but things like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds are still really good.

I can respect what they achieved as a band so I can't hate them.

But I find their music boring as shit...

Give me The Rolling Stones anyday.

I never found the Beatles that good. I'm not denying they obviously were terrific musicians that become truly legendary, but for me personally? They're just "okay". I can listen to them just fine but given a choice I'd listen to a lot of other stuff before them. Like the Rolling Stones. Them I love!

Never understood what was so great about them. Plenty of other good music around that time.

Volf:

Tubez:

And it's hardly the groups fault for what kind of fans they have.

I'm not blaming the Beatles or Justin Bieber. I'm simply pointing out how some Bealtes "fans" remind me of JB "fans".

Tubez:
And the fact is that they are correcting in thinking that x brand is better, since apparently for them that brand is better then other brand (if you are comparing ps3/wii/xbox 360 since they have differents controllers, different exclusives, different gimmicks and such things.

Same way that Linux is better then windows for some people, and windows is better then linux for some people.

It doesn't stop it from getting annoying to hear Beatles "fans" drone on and on about how great the Beatles are and how nobody else can compare.

Yeah, I've a photography lecturer who is a die hard Beatles fan. Of course that's hard to fit into a photography class every day. He gets around this by bringing up Linda McCartney constantly and just going from there.

Why can't we agree on 'friendzoning'? I'm a man and I have three women friendzoned at the moment.

OT: Beatles are great, but so are hundrerds of other bands.

They're good: not my favorite band but I have more favorite Beatles songs than songs by Iron Maiden for example. I love She's Leaving Home and, Fool on the Hill for example. Great band really, I should have voted great instead of good...

The people who think they are mediocre or over-rated just dont understand, Back in the 60's their music was revolutionary and there was nothing else quite like it, If you like any metal or rock or even pop alot of those bands took inspiration from the beatles or took ispiration from bands that took inspiration from the beatles, like so:

50's- Elvis Presley
V
60-s The Beatles
V
70's Black Sabbath/Led Zeppelin/Cream
V
80's Metallica/Iron Maiden/Motley Crue/Judas Priest/Guns n' Roses
V
90's-Present, Most metal/Rock bands we have today

Obviously thats an extreamly abridged version of the history of musical inspiration but if even one of those bands at the top was cut out of existance we likley would many of the bands we have today, Disputing the beatles is ignorance.

Tubez:

And the fact is that most of Beatles hits are written by them self (as far as I know) and that the lyrics (again imo is much better then simply singing)
"Baby, baby, baby oooh
Like baby, baby, baby nooo
Like baby, baby, baby oooh
I thought you'd always be mine (mine)"

In fairness though, the second half of 'Hey Jude' is "Na, na, na, na, na, na, na... Hey Jude" repeated for two minutes.

OP: I enjoy listening to The Beatles. Their music is easy to listen to and there's so much of it that's of a high quality. Help is probably the album I listen to the most, although Blackbird is probably my favourite song.

Hows about monstrously influential, but quite bland?

Volf:
I find it amusing that people hate twilight or Justin bebier but love the beatles. I can only imagine what the parents of kids who first listened to the beatles thought, probably the same things that people who hate JB think.

Except all the Beatles could sing AND properly play instruments, they wrote, composed and harmonised every song they ever made themselves, unlike ANY pop-artists these days. I could say a lot more, but I think you're catching my drift. Those people had talent, creativity and determination. Justin Bieber is just a fucking tool to make money for the big record labels.

I'm not really a Beatles Guy, so to speak, but I do appreciate their impact on music.

I'm not much of a Beatles fan. The only song I really like is Maxwell's Silver Hammer. :s

I can't say I'm overly fussed by The Beatles.

I am grateful for the song 'Eleanor Rigby', if only because Pain later went on to cover it.

Colour-Scientist:

Tubez:

And the fact is that most of Beatles hits are written by them self (as far as I know) and that the lyrics (again imo is much better then simply singing)
"Baby, baby, baby oooh

In fairness though, the second half of 'Hey Jude' is "Na, na, na, na, na, na, na... Hey Jude" repeated for two minutes.

OP: I enjoy listening to The Beatles. Their music is easy to listen to and there's so much of it that's of a high quality. Help is probably the album I listen to the most, although Blackbird is probably my favourite song.

Actually the "na na na" bit lasts for 4 out of the entire 7 minutes of the song. It goes beyond the very concept of filler.

I quite like The Beatles, though for all of my scouser rock 'n' roll I go to this guy:

Azure-Supernova:
I quite like The Beatles, though for all of my scouser rock 'n' roll I go to this guy:

That's that elvis guy right?? I love his music :D

Matthew94:

Azure-Supernova:

*mumbles*

Close enough...

Volf:
I find it amusing that people hate twilight or Justin bebier but love the beatles. I can only imagine what the parents of kids who first listened to the beatles thought, probably the same things that people who hate JB think.

Gotta love the false equivalency there.

Great.

Not the best band ever, I didn't grow up with the rise of the Beatles so I never had any of the hype surrounding them to influence me.

The reason I chose great is simple. I can sing to a great proportion of their songs and they probably have the highest percentage of songs from their catalogue that I personally enjoy and think are great of any band I know (even my favourite bands).
I think that's a very rare feat - of the bands I listen to, most of their catalogue I only think of as 'good', the Beatles however seem to have great as their baseline.

Matthew94:

Colour-Scientist:

Tubez:

"Baby, baby, baby oooh

Actually the "na na na" bit lasts for 4 out of the entire 7 minutes of the song. It goes beyond the very concept of filler.

...And becomes mesmerising. IMO, of course.

Also:

MelasZepheos:
'Other'

I suppose it would be safe to say that on the whole I liked everything of their early stuff, but then only specific tracks of their later work. For example, I could never listen to the whole of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, because of stuff like Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite, but things like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds are still really good.

Funny you say that - "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" is one of my favourite Beatles songs.

Azure-Supernova:

Matthew94:

Azure-Supernova:

*mumbles*

Close enough...

Haha, I knew it wasn't Elvis, I know who Tom Jones is!

Wait...

*Checks url*

I mean Billy Fury, yeah.. that guy...

I certainly recognize and thank them for their massive contributions to music as a whole... but most of their songs are a little to light and fruity for me

I think The Beatles are overrated, but since that's not an option I am stuck between average and mediocre. They got a few good songs, a lot of songs that are plain boring and some bad songs. Also it's not really my kind of music, so they never had a chance to be good in my book. However they're not bad, they're just not very good either.

Kragg:

Volf:

Tubez:

And it's hardly the groups fault for what kind of fans they have.

I'm not blaming the Beatles or Justin Bieber. I'm simply pointing out how some Bealtes "fans" remind me of JB "fans".

just like every band with teen idols or sex symbols in them. might aswell compare them on their similar hairstyle while youre at it.

I just realized...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Matthew94:

Azure-Supernova:

Matthew94:

*mumbles*

Close enough...

Haha, I knew it wasn't Elvis, I know who Tom Jones is!

Wait...

*Checks url*

I mean Billy Fury, yeah.. that guy...

This exchange made me laugh so hard...

They areg great. They did alot of good songs and alot of 'meh' songs.

Tubez:
[quote="Volf" post="18.366242.14278134"][quote="Tubez" post="18.366242.14277838"][quote="Volf" post="18.366242.14277766"]And the fact is that most of Beatles hits are written by them self (as far as I know) and that the lyrics (again imo is much better then simply singing)
"Baby, baby, baby oooh

One problem is that they wrote a song that simply goes "We all live in a yellow submarine."

Yeah, they are a stand out band, but not my cup of tea.

Personally the only rock/alternative/hippy shitfest whatever the fuck band I listen to is The White Stripes. Now that band was fucking awesome.

Le Beatles were le awesome sauce. I love 'em. Platonic.

But no one can ever top Pink Floyd. Ever.

EVER.

The Artificially Prolonged:
musical talent

royohz:
musical talent

I never said that the Beatles musical talent was the same as Justin Biebers, just that they produced the same kind of fans.

Kragg:

probably along the same things yes, huge age gap, they dont "get" it. yet huge difference in critical acclaim. but you know all this and you are just trying to be difficult for the heck of it

No, I'm trying to point out how both artist produce the same kind of fans, I've made no comments on whether or not Justin Bieber has the same musical ability as the Beatles.

Volf:

The Artificially Prolonged:
musical talent

royohz:
musical talent

I never said that the Beatles musical talent was the same as Justin Biebers, just that they produced the same kind of fans.

Kragg:

probably along the same things yes, huge age gap, they dont "get" it. yet huge difference in critical acclaim. but you know all this and you are just trying to be difficult for the heck of it

No, I'm trying to point out how both artist produce the same kind of fans, I've made no comments on whether or not Justin Bieber has the same musical ability as the Beatles.

yes i already explained the other bit, ill explain again, ALL bands with the tween / young girl demographic have this, it means nothing. you just mentioned it to get people riled up. and ill even give you what you want by replying, though its the last time

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked