If You Could Have One Thing From ANY Piece Of Fiction, What Would It Be?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Either Bernard's Watch (for anyone who remembers it), or Escaflowne, just 'cause it's a motherf**king exo-suit that transforms into a flying dragon!!

Oh the things I would do with Hiro (from heroes) time and space powers. I would mostly just use it to pause time and dare not risk altering the past (I believe in the whole time altering consequences like in BTTF).

Its simple really, the force.

Rowan93:
I just spent the last several hours looking through tvtropes to see if there was a mention of something that gives you more than three wishes, because I didn't think three wishes was enough.

I suppose I could just say d&d, because one probably exists. There's definitely a ring of unlimited wishes in some sourcebook or other.

Anyway, besides that (wish-granting items in general are kind of a cop-out) there are of course a lot of other tempting choices:

- The Pick Of Destiny (already mentioned in the thread, I don't even know if it has actual powers besides being awesome, but you know that we'll be rocking cause it's fuckin insane.)

- The briefcase from Pulp Fiction - also saw this in the thread and though "Damn. I want that." despite the lack of actual world-changing power.

- An ACU from Supreme Commander. In Supreme Commander, the crazy-fast build times of your typical rts are actually justified in-universe because of the advanced nanotech they have, so this thing is a 20-metre-tall giant robot that also happens to be able to build an army in a couple of hours.

You would chhose this:

Over this?

Yeah, I went there. The ACU can be taken out by a single nuke, and is therefore not good for taking over the world. Try nuking that thing, and it'll throw them straight back at you.

that would be easy I would like the number of the goddess help line

IamShmgeggy:
Since nobody mentioned this, i call dibs
Bleeding Edge Armor.

i'd choose that too. (even if some parts were obviously stolen from the blue beetle)
but with a new unlimited power source.

ThePS1Fan:

Redlin5:

I love that thing so much... DO WANT does not even begin to describe it.

Marty's Vest?

no!

its the white jumpsuit.

This this and this!!!!! The XXXG-01W Wing Gundam!

Jehuty. Giant robot with an onboard AI intelligent enough to question its own existence. And space-folding tech to boot.

Ok I know its nothing special or anything. And i fully intend to buy one if i ever win thee lottery. But i would have the metallicar (1967 Chevy Impala from supernatural) just because i love it.

The Normandy.
I'd protect you guys from reapers, and you wouldn't even know it.

A Weary Exile:
OT: Adam Jensen's cybernetic enhancements. If I can only have one of them, I'd go with the cybernetic arms.

Definitely this, except replace "cybernetic arms" with "cybernetic shades". Those are way too badass to not take.

Plasmids, who wouldn't want to be able to shoot fire, ice, electricity, and bees from their hand! (Note that this is only if I do not become a splicer afterwards.)

I would choose the Geass of Lelouch from Code Geass

I'd get the Ark of the Covenant, I'm not really sure what it would do but seems powerful and all that.

jpg upload

If I'm going to get a mech, might as well be a big one.

Q's, from Star Trek: TNG, omnipotent powers. That way I can get whatever I want!

Just a goddamn functional teleporter device from anything that has one. Would make my life that much easier.

Power-wise? Time manipulation. Or just manipulation of my perception of time, if that's not possible. As long as I need to think about any problem, the ability to fast-forward through the boring parts of life, reading anything instantaneously, having perfect reflexes because I can just slow the action down to a more manageable speed... it avoids all the usual problems of superpowers by not giving me any abilities that are technically beyond human capability, just makes my mind faster than anyone else's. Or if I get to distort the flow of time itself, it rolls teleportation and super-speed and invisibility and all sorts of other cool powers into one.

Tech? An Omni-tool would be magnificent, between the supercomputer on my wrist, the the microfabber that can break down almost anything into gel and then use that to construct whatever I choose in minutes...

Or maybe a neural computer, allowing me to access all the resources of the internet with a mere thought, perform instantaneous computations with mental commands, and record virtually anything I see, hear, or think.

And of course a sonic screwdriver would be nice. I'd want a variant that worked on wood though; that oversight would just get embarrassing after a while.

Character? First impulse would be Tali. But then I remembered that there's no food for her on earth, or any other planet we have access to at this time. Garrus has the same problem. And once past my first impulse, I had many problems. Twilight Sparkle or Fluttershy? Mordin or ED-E? Simone the Digger or Agatha Heterodyne? Too many choices, and since they're all options as soon as I picked one I'd feel terrible for missing my chance to meet the others. Not to mention the moral implications if I'd whisked them away from their world and into ours without their knowledge or consent. Better to stay away from this category.

I thought about a fully equipped SR2, but a) that seems like cheating and b) there's no way we could reverse engineer that tech.

Meanwhile, I'd stay away from true timetravel, just because I know that I'd try a paradox for the lulz and end up unraveling the universe.

And immortality... I'd love to live for a few centuries in good health. Even millenia. But I want a way out; I cannot comprehend eternity, and there'd probably come an aeon that I got bored and either wanted to die or went truly and utterly insane.

Pinkie-Pie-Party:

CrazyBlaze:

Pinkie-Pie-Party:

Damn you, I knew what I wanted before you said that. Now I'm torn between two.

Think I'll be original and say the black ka'kari from the Night Angel trilogy :)

Azure-Supernova:
The Black Ka'kar-

Son of a gun!

Just think of all the clothes you'd go through... Though I have always fancied having a soured, sarcastic voice to my conscience. Better hope no-one wished for Curoch though....

Ninja'd. I think you guys forget though that the people closet to you die in order to keep you living. So thats a pretty bad trade off.

For the sake of chosing something from another piece of fiction I choose to be a Prisim. Cookies to anyone who knows what that is and were its from. But I do kinda want the RedKa'kari. Power over fire.. Score.

Well I don't think I'll be dying very often, so it won't be so bad. I think I could live with it. And a Prism is a person who can draft from all colours of the spectrum from Brent Weeks's other book 'The Black Prism'. Where's my damn cookie??? :D

*Gives Pinkie-pie- party a cookie. *

There you go. On a similar note what is your favourite Brent Weeeks book? I know there is only four (five later this year)

On a unrelated note when people say Vin they mean Vindictus right?

CrazyBlaze:

*Gives Pinkie-pie- party a cookie. *

There you go. On a similar note what is your favourite Brent Weeeks book? I know there is only four (five later this year)

On a unrelated note when people say Vin they mean Vindictus right?

Nom nom nom, I do like cookies :)

Favourite is Shadow's edge I think, though the trilogy really needs to be appreciated as a whole.
As for the vin thing, no idea.

OT: Another good one to have would be the Space ship from The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy, 'Heart of Gold' :P

Da Orky Man:

Rowan93:
I just spent the last several hours looking through tvtropes to see if there was a mention of something that gives you more than three wishes, because I didn't think three wishes was enough.

I suppose I could just say d&d, because one probably exists. There's definitely a ring of unlimited wishes in some sourcebook or other.

Anyway, besides that (wish-granting items in general are kind of a cop-out) there are of course a lot of other tempting choices:

- The Pick Of Destiny (already mentioned in the thread, I don't even know if it has actual powers besides being awesome, but you know that we'll be rocking cause it's fuckin insane.)

- The briefcase from Pulp Fiction - also saw this in the thread and though "Damn. I want that." despite the lack of actual world-changing power.

- An ACU from Supreme Commander. In Supreme Commander, the crazy-fast build times of your typical rts are actually justified in-universe because of the advanced nanotech they have, so this thing is a 20-metre-tall giant robot that also happens to be able to build an army in a couple of hours.

You would chhose this:

Over this?

Yeah, I went there. The ACU can be taken out by a single nuke, and is therefore not good for taking over the world. Try nuking that thing, and it'll throw them straight back at you.

If I wanted a nukeproof mecha of destruction, I'd have asked for an Evangelion. About a billion times as manouverable, and it can actually be piloted by one individual.

The point of the ACU is the ability to build things - to get from nothing to a well-defended base with an ICBM silo and hundreds of tanks takes about two hours. That it's a kick-ass giant robot is just a bonus.

Hoverboard from Jak II

Heimir:

Professor Idle:

Heimir:
Point of View Gun. Mission : Cure planet of religion.

Snob.

I'm suprised everyone else chose the TARDIS. I thought that one would be a fairly personal choice :/

Oh no! Someone on the internet thinks im a snob and takes their time to tell me! How adorable. Have a cookie.

This cookie is bittersweet. I don't want it :(

EDIT: Actually, sorry, it wasn't any of my business. It just seemed unnecessarily rude was all.

The Sphere from Michael Crichton's, well, "Sphere". After entering it I would be able to control reality simply by thinking about it. I would then proceed to acquire all the awesome stuff people have listed in this thread :D

MrMixelPixel:
I feel like I'm cheating... but...

Ninja'd on the first page. God dammit.

DasDestroyer:
The Sphere from Michael Crichton's, well, "Sphere". After entering it I would be able to control reality simply by thinking about it. I would then proceed to acquire all the awesome stuff people have listed in this thread :D

I haven't read the book, but I've seen the movie and... most of said movie is made of reasons why you don't want The Sphere.

Star trek transporter

Don't know if anyone has said this yet, but...

The Thu'um.

It would either have to be Tony Stark's Iron Man armour, or a Caster gun from the anime Outlaw Star. Either of those would make me very happy.

Latenz1134:
Q's, from Star Trek: TNG, omnipotent powers. That way I can get whatever I want!

I was trying to think of a way to be omnipotent, thanks for making it easier. I pick Q's powers as well.

RobDaBank:
Either Bernard's Watch (for anyone who remembers it), or Escaflowne, just 'cause it's a motherf**king exo-suit that transforms into a flying dragon!!

AHH! Another fan of Escaflowne! Awesomeness!

Rowan93:

DasDestroyer:

I haven't read the book, but I've seen the movie and... most of said movie is made of reasons why you don't want The Sphere.

Of course there are downsides... But I feel like things wouldn't have gone as bad if only one person had discovered the Sphere.

A Sonic Screwdriver. That thing could give me hours of entertainment.

Arakkis. The multitude of reasons should be obvious. Live longer, see the future, ride a Sandworm.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here