Writing on the wall - A chance to be a part of Escapist history!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 16 NEXT

I have finished, read second post!

As you can see there is a contest going on for making new backgrounds for the Escapist. Now, lacking art skills of any degree I decided that my contribution could be a collaborative effort. We'll fill a background with the names of users to show what we as a community can do together.

Some will say what's the point of it. Well the site will be here for years to come, I'm sure of it. So when new users in 2015 get bored and switch the background settings what will they see? If this is successful it is possible your name among the many who signed up for this. If anything this will appeal to you if you're the kind of person who left their initials on your desk in High School for the hell of it.

So this is what we'll do if you're interested:

spacer

Due to the popularity of this I can no longer offer special flips or tilts.

If you have a special font you want PM me and we'll see if I can squeeze it in.

If not you'll have to make do with the fonts available to me. Thanks for your support!

If enough of us sign up there is the possibility of this being a future background choice for the site. Do you want to be a part of this? Sign up here! We have until the 20th to do this and if you're artistically talented I suggest you put in your own submission. This was just something I came up with when I remembered the contest was ongoing. Go ahead, scrawl your name on a wall for future forum goers to see!

Final list of names on wall:

*I will update the list of names and the background periodically*

[1] Image should be white text on black background with size 20. Font is your choice.

Updated to page 3. As you can see I'm going to be shifting back to the left side now, not very balanced...

EDIT: Updated to post 189. Still room.

EDIT the second: Updated to the top of page 10. G'night guys!

FINAL EDIT: It is 2:30 AM, I am tired but I think this is the finished product. Tell me what you think and thank you so much for contributing to this!

You realise that the title in the top-middle is going to be covered either by adverts or the Motto of the Moment? It might be best to put it in a corner or something.

Also may as well sign me up! Use Comic Sans

I'm totally serious.

I want my name on it, and I want it in COMIC SANS.

That'll show those english snobs.

TimeLord:
Use Comic Sans

Fuck, ninja'd already.

If I could I'd... I don't know but it would make you upset for a day or 2.

I'd love to be a part of this :).

Username: DugMachine

I'm with the poster above, Comic Sans all the way for my font haha. And place it anywhere, don't really care who i'm grouped with.

TimeLord:
You realise that the title in the top-middle is going to be covered either by adverts or the Motto of the Moment? It might be best to put it in a corner or something.

Will change it then.

Also may as well sign me up! Use Comic Sans

I'm totally serious.

Matthew94:
I want my name on it, and I want it in COMIC SANS.

That'll show those english snobs.

We're going to have people shouting "COMIC SANS" and shaking their fist at my background then? That's cool. My friend will not be amused! :D

I think this shouldn't be stickied as no one ever looks at stickies.

EDIT Damn, was I wrong or what?

Sign me up!

Daystar Clarion

Comic Sans also.

For the lulz.

Changed my mind. Remembered how much I hate Comic Sans :D

I don't mind the font that's used to display your username on your profile page.

TimeLord:
Well

I updated it with the new names and the title shifted to top right. Thoughts on putting it there?

No room to put Community in though :/

Redlin5:

TimeLord:
Well

I updated it with the new names and the title shifted to top right. Thoughts on putting it there?

It should be ok now. What's up with the date by the way? Unless I've jumped forward 6/7 months again.

TimeLord:

Redlin5:

TimeLord:
Well

It should be ok now. What's up with the date by the way? Unless I've jumped forward 6/7 months again.

I've most commonly seen it here in Canada as MM/DD/YYYY. I set the day as the 20th as that is the deadline and April is...

Ohoho, me being stupid. I'll fix that.

Daystar Clarion:
I don't mind the font that's used to display your username on your profile page.

Err, Times Roman or something else? I'm not really good with identifying fonts on sight.

Redlin5:

Daystar Clarion:

Err, Times Roman or something else? I'm not really good with identifying fonts on sight.

Neither am I :D

The font you used looks good Redlin, I'll have that one.

Daystar Clarion:

Redlin5:

Daystar Clarion:

Will do!

After this I have to eat and get through a job interview so I won't be updating until probably sometime this evening. I'll catch up later!

Yeah, I can dig it.

Username: Zombie_Fish

Font: Lucida Handwriting (I'm too pretentious for Comic Sans)

Diagonally bottom-left to top-right if possible, otherwise just do it normally.

I don't really mind where it is currently since not that many people are on it yet.

Redlin5:

Daystar Clarion:

Redlin5:

Will do!

After this I have to eat and get through a job interview so I won't be updating until probably sometime this evening. I'll catch up later!

Good luck at the interview :D

Well, if you guys dont mind putting me there, I would love to have my name on it.

That being said, I can understand you guys if this gets rejected, since im not exactly the most popular and kind person on this site. So, no hard feelings.

Anyway, I dont really care about font or placement.

Sounds cool. I'd like to be in it.
You can just put my name wherever.

Would I be able to be at the bottom right? With a circle around my username. For the moment, could I have my font as Calibri? Thanks very much.

I definitely wouldn't mind going on it somewhere. I can't think of a font, so if you want to pick one at random =P

Add me to the list, Top right if that is no trouble.

Username: staika

Font: Impact

Zombie_Fish:
SNIP

staika:
SNIP

Broady Brio:
SNIP

As I'm doing this through Linux I will need some help with specific fonts. Give me a PM like the OP says if you have any particular style you want put on!

Thanks.

Meeee, me, pick meeeee!~
Not fussy about the font. I'd like a ":3" next to it though xP

Wouldn't it be cooler (though more work) if people sign a piece of paper scanned/photographed it and posted it in png format with transparent background and then have all of them pasted on a background?

esperandote:
Wouldn't it be cooler (though more work) if people sign a piece of paper scanned/photographed it and posted it in png format with transparent background and then have all of them pasted on a background?

That was the original idea but people have different sizes of writing and space is at a premium. I guess someone else could try and organize a real signature background. I don't have the time or patience to go through that and also find time for my other ongoing projects.

I want to be on this.

And I'll PM you the font. Not picky about anything else.

Tippy2K2 is here to claim a spot!

Now what font will point everyone to me, the attention whore? To Microsoft Word!

EDIT: I would like "Baveuse" if it is available.

Me please, anyway and anywhere will be fine.

Meeeeeee =D Somewhere around the MiracleOfSound crowd, if we get one done. :D

No special font, unless I get around to finally digitalizing my signature.

Hey, I'll get in there. And since I'm classy I'll go with Futura Bold Condensed.

But since it doesn't come standard on most computers and to save you the trouble, here it is on transparency, 20 point like you said-

It's there, but it's white so it's naturally hard to see here.

And I guess I'll take the top left, between Eleuthera and staika.

Also, this idea is awesome and I hope everyone votes for it.

tippy2k2:
EDIT: I would like "Baveuse" if it is available.

Send me a PM and we'll talk about getting it.

Phlakes:
Hey, I'll get in there. And since I'm classy I'll go with Futura Bold Condensed.

But since it doesn't come standard on most computers and to save you the trouble, here it is on transparency, 20 point like you said-

It's there, but it's white so it's naturally hard to see here.

And I guess I'll take the top left, between Eleuthera and staika.

Also, this idea is awesome and I hope everyone votes for it.

Thanks for the support and bringing your image this way! Saves me the time of explaining it again in PMs. :)

I would LOVE to a part in this, but I can't.

The second part of my name is copyrighted. Would be most unethical.

Still, I think this is a great idea and would love to see it finished. Toodles!

Calumon: Awww... Why couldn't Jack have given me a name or something. : (

Jack and Calumon:
I would LOVE to a part in this, but I can't.

The second part of my name is copyrighted. Would be most unethical.

Still, I think this is a great idea and would love to see it finished. Toodles!

Calumon: Awww... Why couldn't Jack have given me a name or something. : (

Hmmm. What if we just put you in as Jack and Calu? Everyone should know who you are anyway and we won't have the lawyers get involved.

Up to you.

Add me if youŽd like. DonŽt really care about font place etc. as long as i can still read it^^

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 16 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked