The most powerful superhero and supervillian.

The most powerful superhero to me would be Superman and the most powerful supervillian would have to be the gigantic creature name Galactis. For one reason I would pick those two would be because well Superman his only weakness is Kryptonite, and the reason I pick Galactis is well because he is bigger than Jupiter and Pluto combined, well I guess that isn't much on scale of a planet as big as Jupiter.

Link55:
Superman his only weakness is Kryptonite

And magic, and Green Lantern rings, and getting beat down by all the guys who are just flat out stronger than he is.

Against most heroes yeah Supes probably comes out more powerful but the hereos all have things they're better at. Hell the entire point of Justice League Dark from the New 52 is that Superman's not worth shit against a magical enemy. Even Constantine is a preferable choice and he has the amazing ability of being clever and cheeky. I'd say Silver Surfer is likely more powerful than Superman. Thor could definitely knock lumps out of him. Supes getting hit by mjollnir would be just like a normal person getting hit by it. Ghostrider would fair destroy him to.

Think Mephisto might be more powerful than Galactus, not sure though.

Although this is all elementary because the most powerful being in comics is Dr. Manhatten from Watchmen.

Not sure what you're asking here. I'll take a guess that you're asking what we all think are the most powerful superhero and supervillains in which case the most powerful entity in any comic book as far as I know with my limited understanding of comic books is the One Above All who is basically Marvel comics' 'God'. He is the only superior to the Living Tribunal who is the overseer of everything essentially.

As I understand it, the One Above All created everything in existence in all possible universes forever including the Living Tribunal. So by necessity it is the most powerful entity in any comic book as of yet.

EDIT: Thinking about it, the One Above All is not really a hero or a villain, just a universal constant as he created all beings everywhere, as is the Living Tribunal.

For most powerful superhero I'll say Thor is the most powerful 'hero' seeing as he is essentially a "god" in his own right. Aaaaaand I'll say that the most powerful supervillain is Thanos in possession of some gauntlet thing. I think it's called the Infinity Gauntlet or something like that. From what I know, that guy killed half of all life in the universe by snapping his fingers.

Galactus isn't really a villain, he's a force of nature. It's been shown a few times that he is necessary for the universe. The problem is he's largely indifferent. That's why he's heralds are meant to make sure he avoided populated planets, but they often get disillusioned as well.

It really depends on your definitions, in marvel there is actually a god, but he's not really a Superhero. Probably Dr Strange back when he was Sorcerer Supreme. Dr Manhattan is pretty powerful in Watchmen, but really not that much of superhero. Sentry was pretty powerful as a villain and a hero.

Superboy Prime punched Reality... and broke it. I believe that qualifies for something.

Spot1990:

Link55:
Superman his only weakness is Kryptonite

And magic, and Green Lantern rings, and getting beat down by all the guys who are just flat out stronger than he is.

Against most heroes yeah Supes probably comes out more powerful but the hereos all have things they're better at. Hell the entire point of Justice League Dark from the New 52 is that Superman's not worth shit against a magical enemy. Even Constantine is a preferable choice and he has the amazing ability of being clever and cheeky. I'd say Silver Surfer is likely more powerful than Superman. Thor could definitely knock lumps out of him. Supes getting hit by mjollnir would be just like a normal person getting hit by it. Ghostrider would fair destroy him to.

Think Mephisto might be more powerful than Galactus, not sure though.

Although this is all elementary because the most powerful being in comics is Dr. Manhatten from Watchmen.

Does dr manhattan really count as a super hero though? I think he gets Disqualified in this round . Superman is NOT the strongest super hero . His weakness is way too obvious , not to mention he is also vulnerable to magic and the such . Hell wolverine could probably kick his ass if he had a chunk of kryptonite in his hands . I don't think wolverine can die ( can he? How do you kill wolverine ?) and he has no real weaknesses . But yeah not sure who the strongest one is . My superhero/supervillain knowlege is pretty slim . I would like to say legion is probably the most powerful supervillain i know , no idea how far up ( or down the ladder he is)

As for superhero i want to say green lantern , because of the rings power. The only limitation is the holders imagination . Which makes it stupid powerful .

Would Azathoth count? Sadly, I don't think so. It is not really a villain. And definitely not a hero.

I am not well versed at all in DC/Marvel and they have all sorts of weird shit. For example, there was this guy who killed Superman, wasn't there. Doomsday or something with "doom" in the name.

Wolverine could die but not as easily as other superheroes. The reason is that he has super healing powers.

The Presence

Irony is the greatest villain
and Luck is the greatest hero.
Their roles can be reversed but theyre best this way.

The Hulk is ridicuously powerful, especially in the various incarnations where he kept his intelligence when he changed into Hulk, like World War Hulk, which essentially involves him almost single handedly beating up the entire Marvel universe with his fists.

There's a great moment when Hulk was fighting the Abomination, who was boasting how much better he was because he was stronger and smarter, but the Hulk manages to beat him anyway, and as the Abomination questions how he did it even though the Hulk was weaker and stupider, the Hulk responds "You talk too much" and punches through his jaw, essentially taking his head off.

The Summers-Grey clan. They have individuals on both sides, many of them individually having been both villains and something inbetween, and they are among the most broken super-whatevers to ever be written. Telekinesis and absolute control of energy are some of the powers that individuals within this absurdly broken family of characters. And who's honestly come back from the dead as much as Jean? These people are nigh-unkillable and absurdly powerful, and when you do beat them, they come back because fuck. And I hate them for it.

Manhattan's pretty far up there as well I suppose.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked