6.6% (13)
Hair
5.6% (11)
5.6% (11)
Laugh
0.5% (1)
0.5% (1)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: what attracts you most to a girl/guy?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

There's a lot of things that are important, and while an incompatible personality will kill my interest, the one factor that can really just club me over the head is... well, the head. The face, proportions, bone structure, eyes, the whole conglomerate - if I'm gonna be bowled over, that's where it's coming from. Body, pheh, not all that important.

Personality over most things. I usually fall for someone's personality before I start being attracted to them. Then I start loving everything about them and think they're the most perfect and sexiest person on this planet, even if everyone else disagreed.

Also, Y U NO REALISE I'M NOT A SPAM BOT!? Bwaaahh! D:

Real combination and depends on the girl and the circumstances.

When I'm actively looking for someone, it's usually the looks, then I go in to see whether the personality is something I like as well. Most times this then sends me spiralling away in not liking, but every so often you meet someone cool.

When I'm not looking, personality first, and looks don't usually factor into it at all, because by the time I realise that I like her, looks don't matter that much.

Voice is an interesting one though. I've never fallen for someone because of their voice, but (what with being a regular gigging musician) I've met a lot of women with voices that would just make your knees shake with excitement.

I need to enjoy being in their company. If they're a dick that won't happen, if they're positively hideous mutants that would make a feral ghoul look like a damn super model that isn't gonna happen. But if they look normal enough and aren't a dick I'll get fairly friendly...maybe. If I want friends.

Eyes. Can be lots of different looks that I like, but eyes are my big one, I think.
After that, personality (including attitude which comes through in how she moves) and voice. (And sense of humour is a part of personality, as far as Im concerned)

Other features I think can sometimes be turn offs, but arent usually directly attractive by themselves. Boobs, for example: I love boobs in principle, but apart from a few weird arrangements that I find strange or offputting I dont really mind how the boobs look... I dont think "Hey, that woman is gorgeous, look at those boobs!" Im just happy theyre there, regardless of shape or size.

Mental nudity. Being open and honest about what she wants.

Way too often I encounter gals wearing mental clothes that say "If you want to know what I consider okay, you'll have to ask me. I'll answer no with a slap on your face".

Definitely personality. Biggest turn-on is a geek (Well, as long as she can take care of herself and maintain decent looks..) Though the god-woman would probably be a gamer, nerd in general and Bob Dylan fan (and all music of the 60ies really). Oh god what i would kill for a gal that loves Dylan (or just any similar music, really :)

Dr Jones:
Definitely personality. Biggest turn-on is a geek (Well, as long as she can take care of herself and maintain decent looks..) Though the god-woman would probably be a gamer, nerd in general and Bob Dylan fan (and all music of the 60ies really). Oh god what i would kill for a gal that loves Dylan (or just any similar music, really :)

I love Bob Dylan. But to be Honest I'm more of a Neil Young Fan :P

Generally I notice looks first, but a good personality will keep me interested.

I prefer my guys to look nice and have a lovely personality.

To be honest, body, face, hair or eyes. I might be shallow, but at least I admit it. I'm not attracted to a trait that I can't see. I can be attracted to a person who I connect with on a deeper level, but there's no immediate attraction just because a person is nice. However I could not enter a relationship based solely on looks and even if you wont admit it, most of you wouldn't go out with a really nice girls if she looked like an ogre.

saoirse13:

Dr Jones:

Neil Young is amazing too. I haven't really dug deep into his stuff yet, but from what i've heard (Harvest and Only Love Can Break Your Heart) he is pretty amazing (especially Birds, Hey Hey, My My and After The Gold Rush).

Also, I hate to be a recruiter, but if you dig Bob you should join us...

Dr Jones:

saoirse13:

Dr Jones:

Neil Young is amazing too. I haven't really dug deep into his stuff yet, but from what i've heard (Harvest and Only Love Can Break Your Heart) he is pretty amazing (especially Birds, Hey Hey, My My and After The Gold Rush).

Also, I hate to be a recruiter, but if you dig Bob you should join us...

After the Gold Rush is great. My favourite though is Rocking in the Free World. Have to love that song. Oh thanks for the link :) I just joined.

saoirse13:
Pretty self-explanatory. Is it looks, personality, sense of humour or something completely different? And if it's soething completely random, do tell.

Oh and a guys laugh. I love if a guy has a weird laugh. Mines pretty weird and I get laughed at for mine.

What about evil maniacal. I find some of mine being pretty evil from the start.

For me, and I know just about everyone else will say this (but mines true), personality. Just because it encompasses so much more then just likes/dislikes. Right now the girl I'm attracted to just has the right personality. She doesn't lie to make herself more interesting and has a great sense of humour. And a sense of duty. Currently in the Army over in Afghanistan.

Personality is what makes a woman interesting.

I want someone I can get along with, not someone to show off. The better our personalities mesh, the more attractive they become.

Audacity:

saoirse13:
Pretty self-explanatory. Is it looks, personality, sense of humour or something completely different? And if it's soething completely random, do tell.

Oh and a guys laugh. I love if a guy has a weird laugh. Mines pretty weird and I get laughed at for mine.

What about evil maniacal. I find some of mine being pretty evil from the start.

For me, and I know just about everyone else will say this (but mines true), personality. Just because it encompasses so much more then just likes/dislikes. Right now the girl I'm attracted to just has the right personality. She doesn't lie to make herself more interesting and has a great sense of humour. And a sense of duty. Currently in the Army over in Afghanistan.

Yes evil manical I find attractive. I love anything different.

I can't really say. Over the years I've gotten a vague impression of what I find attractive in members of the opposite sex (And at times in members of the same sex) but I can't really give a detailed explanation as to what it is. There are numerous factors (Hair, eyebrows, voice, personality, quirks) but nothing definite, since I've found myself attracted to types of people I would've never pegged myself as fancying....I guess who I fancy screwing is a mystery, even to myself. :)

I've been asking that question for years and still haven't gotten a solid answer. The only person I ever became interested in wasn't due to some kind of sexual chemistry or interest. It developed out of a close friendship, though it never went anywhere.

Tits
Arse
More tits
Tits
Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits

A combination of most of the things in the poll helps.

Hagi:
Heh, seems I'm the only person who's voted laugh so far.

Hmmmmmm, I would've, since the first girl I ever fell for I only actually noticed 'cos I heard her angelic laugh piercing my heart like shards of ice, but she looked very good too so... yeah.

A combination of things, really...

First impressions, it's all about the voice... a soft contralto with an RP accent will effectively knock me out.

If for the long run, then, like most folks, personality... and all the rest of it... *shrug*

I'm not sure there's really a "most".

When I see an attractive man or woman (ie, body) I am attracted to that individual. Having a nice face/hair is part of that package.

However, while I might want to have sex with them, they have to have a compatible personality or I won't be able to stand being around the individual long enough to have sex with them.

So face/body/hair are the first things I see that cause the initial attraction. But it won't get beyond the first five seconds if personality (and voice to a lesser degree) don't work.

Which is most important? ... no idea. **shrug**

I voted body because you asked about attraction rather than, say, desire to have a relationship with. And because face and hair are part of one's body.

The initial attraction for me always has something to do with hair. I just love nice looking or unusual hair. Dyed or natural, short or long, frizzy or straight, nice hair just gets me interested in a person.

That said, after all of a month the novelty fades and it's optimism and humour that really makes me get all squishy and happy with a girl. I get stressed out enough with life as it is, but when I'm with someone who knows how to have fun and forget the world from time to time it makes me feel all the younger for all.

Captcha: Picture perfect

Ah, Captcha, truer words have never been spoken

EDIT

Loop Stricken:

...the first girl I ever fell for I only actually noticed 'cos I heard her angelic laugh piercing my heart like shards of ice...

That...sounds pretty painful, if I'm honest.

Edit Captcha: Love is automatic.

This version of the Captcha is rather profound compared to the last.

wallet obviously

Sense of humour, I am brutal with jokes and expect a lass to joke with me back or I'm forced into an uncomfortable position where I'd rather not bother with them and hang with friends.

I also like tall lasses, so I want a tomboy.

I'm a massive sucker for short women.

I'm a gay male, and I'll be 100% honest with you...

I think it's some combination between facial features, personality, sense of humor, and hair. But there are some men I'm inexplicably attracted too, and I haven't the faintest clue why...

You can usually pick up on how people are i.e. their personality just by being in the same room for a while.
For example, someone might be good looking but loud and mean to their friends, then the attraction starts to fade.

So I voted personality, it's hard to get somewhere if you don't really 'get' each other.

Hmm... I don't think I can just pick one thing. If I had to chose I guess I would end up with two prefrences. One is the "tomboy" (body and personality) and the other is the "lady" (body and personality).

But then again, nothing can compare to me *flex*.

I find I just can't resist a woman in red with a nice big rack. So I'm inclined to say I'd prefer it if she were in the Spanish Inquisition...

EeveeElectro:
Also, Y U NO REALISE I'M NOT A SPAM BOT!? Bwaaahh! D:

So you're not a clever spam advertisement for a local power plant? Huh, who'd have guessed.

Sense of humour. The girl must find me funny.

Also personality.

Looks come last, but are important. I do have to be physically attracted to you.

Loop Stricken:
See now, this is... a trap!

We can't say looks anymore even when it's generally the most obvious thing, because that's objectivist, isn't it? Mm.
... I'm going to vote laugh. Generally there is no one thing that immediately... no, that's not right.

Are we talking initially, or what we're looking for in a long-term partner? Because the latter is obviously personality, and the former is obviously looks (for the most part anyway; if you meet someone over the 'net without knowing what they look like then it'll be personality again, wouldn't it? But how often does anyone pursue a relationship without knowing what the person in question looks like? Sure, it shouldn't matter if everything else is perfect, but it does.). Could there be anything worse than living with someone with whom you couldn't gel with whatsoever?

Yeah, there really isn't enough to go on here, so everyone is just gonna pick personality so they don't look like a shallow jerk.

Personality first, with looks coming in at a close second.

What attracts me most to a girl is her being white/Oriental (as in, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, maybe Thai), having sexual fluidity, being somewhat androgynous, into BDSM, having short/medium-length/long hair dyed (not tied back), Atheist, doesn't desire marriage or children, shares my common interests and beliefs, is strong, slightly muscular, sexy and beautiful, having long and smooth legs, isn't a conformist, and isn't afraid to break preconceived stereotypes.

I tend to be attracted to people who have a wicked sense of humor.

First it's appearance - I decided hey, this is a good looking person, let's explore.

Then personality - Whether or not I can tolerate them.

Then sense of humor - Good one, not easily offended? Let the flirting begin. Bad one and easily offended? Kay, looks like I found a person I can talk too.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked