What if MLP:FiM is either cancelled or replaced with a god-awful G5 cartoon?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

him over there:

Daystar Clarion:
snap

God speed good sir.

OT: I never really liked the show, but if something like star wars can cause more than 30 years of fandom out of 6 movies and a fairly new show I'm sure bronies will manage with reruns of the endless hours of show and limitless fan works.

Of course If I was into MLP I'd just fall back onto Kirby, it's pretty much a videogame counterpart in my eyes.

The mighty Daystar has seen you fit to bare the honour of Guy Who Makes My Time on the Forums More Awesome

I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner :D

Daystar Clarion:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Daystar Clarion:

People who are calling out Bioware on their bullshit promises are whiny little girls?

Son, I'mma stop you there

Just ignore the Warhammer parts.

So you are going to go on an Apocalyptic Rampage if I call those bitching about an ending that wasn't all that bad whiny little girls? When they did whine? A lot? Like. Little. Girls? I have a young sister and the forums did tend to sound quite like a bunch of little girls crying over something so miniscule.

Sorry, it was rather disheartening. I like Mass Effect, I am a fan. So are quite a few people at my school, making it all the more embarassing when every single one of them were bitching non-stop about the ending. They looked like a damn emo-brigade of whiny little girls. Just seeing them, it was like the Escapist had come to life in human form and all those bitching about the ending were within a single room. Having most of the school think all gamers were like this was sad. It made me sad to like games.

People bitched about the ending, that is true, but unlike most things gamers bitch about, there were many justifiable reasons for why people were complaining.

The reason for my little comic? People spouting off on matters they clearly don't understand.

You're entitled to your opinion, but belittling your fellow gamers and comparing their justifiable complaints to the whining of like little girls?

Born in 1993, calling people little girls.

Act your age.

Stop it stop it no more me3 conversation.

OT: The rage will be unfathomable, but it will die down quickly due to people pointing out that its kind of ironic that the bronies don't act towards hasbro employees with tolerance

Daystar Clarion:

him over there:

Daystar Clarion:
snap

God speed good sir.

OT: I never really liked the show, but if something like star wars can cause more than 30 years of fandom out of 6 movies and a fairly new show I'm sure bronies will manage with reruns of the endless hours of show and limitless fan works.

Of course If I was into MLP I'd just fall back onto Kirby, it's pretty much a videogame counterpart in my eyes.

The mighty Daystar has seen you fit to bare the honour of Guy Who Makes My Time on the Forums More Awesome

I'm no prolific poster my friend, but I don't need a public post to validate our forum-iendship.

Now I'm off to watch MLP Play Kirby Return to Dreamland.

Pat8u:

Daystar Clarion:

Capitano Segnaposto:

So you are going to go on an Apocalyptic Rampage if I call those bitching about an ending that wasn't all that bad whiny little girls? When they did whine? A lot? Like. Little. Girls? I have a young sister and the forums did tend to sound quite like a bunch of little girls crying over something so miniscule.

Sorry, it was rather disheartening. I like Mass Effect, I am a fan. So are quite a few people at my school, making it all the more embarassing when every single one of them were bitching non-stop about the ending. They looked like a damn emo-brigade of whiny little girls. Just seeing them, it was like the Escapist had come to life in human form and all those bitching about the ending were within a single room. Having most of the school think all gamers were like this was sad. It made me sad to like games.

People bitched about the ending, that is true, but unlike most things gamers bitch about, there were many justifiable reasons for why people were complaining.

The reason for my little comic? People spouting off on matters they clearly don't understand.

You're entitled to your opinion, but belittling your fellow gamers and comparing their justifiable complaints to the whining of like little girls?

Born in 1993, calling people little girls.

Act your age.

Stop it stop it no more me3 conversation.

OT: The rage will be unfathomable, but it will die down quickly due to people pointing out that its kind of ironic that the bronies don't act towards hasbro employees with tolerance

Have you seen my title?

It's what I do :D

But no, I won't mention ME3 again in this thread.

Apologies.

him over there:

Daystar Clarion:

him over there:

God speed good sir.

I'm no prolific poster my friend, but I don't need a public post to validate our forum-iendship.

Now I'm off to watch MLP Play Kirby Return to Dreamland.

That may be true, but I've had more fun in the forums with you than I have with people who've been members for years.

I appreciate it.

A long time ago they told us that they had 13 episodes working/completed for MLP.

That was months ago, when season 2 had just began.

recently, however, someone tweeted that they had JUST been hired as a writer to work on MLP.

To me, that sounds like they're still churning out episodes, so I'm quite confident that the show will continue after the initial 13 episodes of season 3.

if it DOES end there? not only would it be a poor decision on hasbro's part, but it would cause a MASSIVE uproar.

what can I say, we gotta have our ponies lol.

That would be hilarious. I hope it happens.

I'm pretty sure that the canceling of Friendship is Magic will be the first step to the utter destruction of the world on 12/21/12, just as the Mayan's predicted.

RJ 17:
I'm pretty sure that the canceling of Friendship is Magic will be the first step to the utter destruction of the world on 12/21/12, just as the Mayan's predicted.

'On closer inspection of the Mayan calander, it appears there are several pictures.'

'Pictures of what?'

'They... they appear to be ponies, sir...'

Daystar Clarion:
I'm not a fan of the show by any means, but as I understand it, it would be a poor business decision to cancel, I mean, have you seen how popular the show is?

Have you been on the internet at all?

Cancelling MLP would trigger Internet World War Omega Hadouken Triple Ex Shoryuken.

Might even rival the Bioware shitstorm.

I'm not sure Hasbro is known for what we could call "wise thinking," though.

Personally, I'd hate it if MLP were to end. Not because I like the show; rather because I'd have to put half my friends on suicide watch.

Daystar Clarion:

RJ 17:

'On closer inspection of the Mayan calander, it appears there are several pictures.'

'Pictures of what?'

Oh dear God, it all makes sense!

Zachary Amaranth:

Daystar Clarion:

RJ 17:

'Pictures of what?'

We must prepare.

They'll never stop us now.

Daystar Clarion:

RJ 17:

'Pictures of what?'

Zachary Amaranth:

Daystar Clarion:

RJ 17:

'Pictures of what?'

Those that survive The Great Brony Wars will be doomed to roam the desolate planet in search of food and gasoline, using scrap metal to build monolithic statues to the gods of their tribes: equinian avatars of loyalty, laughter, honesty, generosity, kindness, and magic.

Daystar Clarion:
We must prepare.

Go for the eyes, Boo...GO FOR THE EYES!!!!

Daystar Clarion:

Zachary Amaranth:

Daystar Clarion:

'Pictures of what?'

We must prepare.

We must prepare lest they take us by surprise, a show created around the theme of being nice is nothing compared to being mean http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail199.html

Also Nunchuk gunsimage

him over there:

Daystar Clarion:

Zachary Amaranth:

We must prepare.

We must prepare lest they take us by surprise, a show created around the theme of being nice is nothing compared to being mean http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail199.html

Also Nunchuk gunsimage

'Dear Hungry Shark,
I'm trying to teach my wounded, bleeding sea lions that
tearing other creatures apart is not the answer, and I
immediately thought of you!!'

That one cracked me up :D

Daystar Clarion:

him over there:

Daystar Clarion:

We must prepare.

Also Nunchuk gunsimage

'Dear Hungry Shark,
I'm trying to teach my wounded, bleeding sea lions that
tearing other creatures apart is not the answer, and I
immediately thought of you!!'

That one cracked me up :D

"Dear Daystar Clarion.

I know you think derailing threads is fun, but I'm trying to teach my friend Original Poster number 6987432654987324 that that isn't right. Can you offer any advice for staying on task and forwarding productivity?"

It is possible they will can it since Hasbro is mostly making the series to sell toys so once it gets syndicated they don't really need the cartoon anymore, but on the other hand they have also never had a show as popular as this with a difficult to target demographic, 20-30 year old males. But on the other hand since the show is specifically aimed at 5-11 year old girls, they cant really market to the male demographic.

Daystar Clarion:
We must prepare.

As long as we're using rodents tied to objects as weapons...

MinimanZombie:
It would bring on a rage that not even Zeel could have accessed, with half the internet laughing at the other sides anger, and the other half tearing the limbs off of Hasbro employees with their minds.
It would be fucking glorious

Zombie apocalypse anyone?

(tfirst off

Daystar Clarion:

Cancelling MLP would trigger Internet World War Omega Hadouken Triple Ex Shoryuken.

+ 5 internets to you sir

second im sure hasbro is not stupid enough to cancel FiM any time soon hell they are even coming out with dj poni3, trixie, zecord, and a white celestia because of us bronies..

third whats with all the hurrdurr gen 5 will auto suck it how do we know it wont/wouldn't be awesome seriously ...(to sightly borrow from ZP ) for all w know it could shoot shukins and lighting at the haters and despence free nuttella so lets not be pre-prejudiced about something that doesn't even exist

I would go on with that whole not watching children cartoons after I grew up thing, and continue to not care about the strange fad.

Except for Avatar. That's a good kid's show.

a drinking game: A shot whenever MLP:FIM threads come up, last one to die wins

Daystar Clarion:
I'm not a fan of the show by any means, but as I understand it, it would be a poor business decision to cancel, I mean, have you seen how popular the show is?

Can I say that your posts are the only reason I even come to this site anymore? So for that I thank you.

Also, I have to agree. MLP is such a cash cow that it probably will be milked into oblivion rather than canceled.

Then Hasbro is run by the same kind of people who run most charity organizations and every government ever. Fucking idiots. If that did ever happen, they'd be losing out on some serious money.

There is no way they aren't making good money off of MLP:FiM. It...it just isn't LOGICAL, in any sense of the word, for them to cancel it before it's finished or to degrade it into crap. They've got a good thing going.

I can easily see the Brony community - myself included - flying into immediate murderous rage should Hasbro announce that the show's been canned. Just to demonstrate how well we've taken to heart the lessons of friendship. But I can also see the whole Brony thing slowly collapse like a punctured parade float if Hasbro churns out a couple dozen clunker episodes. Y'know, what Season 3 might well be.

I also don't have a hard time seeing the bigwigs pulling the plug on G4 even if it is making money. The franchise has existed for thirty years on the basis of parents buying girls plastic ponies with hairbrushes. If the executives fear that the bronies will cause harm to MLP's reputation with parents, they're likely willing to forgo the fickle (if currently booming) support among teens for the more reliable toy sales to parents.

I do not doubt that this show might go on for a longer-than-usual period of time. It may even make a comeback or two, due to popular demand. It has happened. But, in the meantime, fans of the show are starting to create show-accurate animation. In fact, there's this... what appears to be the first full-length fan-made episode (as it's advertized) called "Double Rainboom". (seriously, why do people keep saying "Double Rainboom" is so much sutff?) This is one small start, and we may continue to see more and more fan-made episodes years after the original has gone out.

But, if Hasbro actually does decide to reboot it... weather in the same way they have so far, or try to keep it much as it is today, they might make it a bit... stronger. I have gotten the impression that the whole reason they created Transformers: Rescue Bots was due to the logic of "If these older people like My Little Pony, maybe we can get younger people to like Transformers..." It makes sense. The current show cannot move too far from where it is as a "TV-Y EI" show. It is locked in this position. However, whenever a "Generation 5" (or even 4.5) rolls around, it might even be rated "TV-PG" for all we know.

If they do that, I think a lot of us would be happy. They might even do what they're doing with Transformers right now, and have one show designed specifically for a younger demographic and another created for the older, more hardcore fans. This would please everypony and not create compromises to either side of the fanbase.

Besides, we may still end up getting a film... or two... or more. They might start releasing films someday. If they go this route, they can go without such restrictions. They could even make them PG-13, if they wanted to. We might even see some proper videogames outside of Twilight Sparkle: Teacher for a Day. Perhaps even books... (Twilight Sparkle approves) Graphic novels, even!

I'd say things are looking to the potential of up. Hasbro doesn't hate us. They are actually being quite good to us. They are listening to us and acknowledge out feedback (they made the Celestia toys white and Vinyl Scratch is getting official toy releases, as well). They are not Activision. They are like the Valve of the toys and (non-video) games market. We need to trust their judgment. They are not an evil corporation like the many others you have come to know. They know how to be both professional and human at the same time.

I admire Hasbro for what they have done and what they plan to do to continue what we have all come to know.

It would cause the apocalypse. I imagine it something like this:

I remember it like it was yesterday. The day the towers fell. The day the world went dark. The day the ashen moonlight spread a dim glow over our dead world.

It had begun with the simple announcement that there would be no more episodes My Little Pony produced. An odd announcement to be sure, but nothing the fanbase won't get over in a week or so, I thought.

I was wrong.

The internet was overrun in a matter of days. Reports of all major broadcasting stations being sieged flooded the airways. I ran to my computer, expecting to see my regular desktop. Instead, what faced me and stared back out at me was the picture of a pony, pasted upon my screen. I ran downstairs, trying to get news of what was happening. The television crackled for a moment, and then displayed pictures of ponies. I changed the channel frantically- more ponies!

I ran outside after hearing hooves on my lawn. What I saw was both horrific and wonderful at the same time. Dozens- no, hundreds of bronies had clamped their legs around hooved creatures that I instantly recognized as unicorns. Their grim faces stared down at me as each of the unicorns pointed their magical horns in my direction.

That was when the first nuclear detonation went off.

The shockwave knocked the bronies back, just in time for me to seek shelter in my basement. For years I hid underground, waiting for the moaning and screams of agaony to pass. In time, the fallout cleared. But I knew that something would never clear. Somethings would never be the same. And that, dear reader, would be the hatred of the bronies.

It would lengthen my lifespan considerably due to that fact that I feed off of nerd rage. Hope it does! I'm already making it to 216 years after Mass Effect 3, this could easily double that! :D

Daystar Clarion:

This is going to end up going the same way as Invader Zim, except the show in question this time around is dumber and less funny.

-'What if MLP:FiM is either cancelled or replaced with a god-awful G5 cartoon?'-

I would give a great big *shrug, and nothing in my life would change.

I'm not a fan of the show, but for the sake of the brony image, I would rather them not turn into mutant internet rage machines. Imagine the negative image of a brony now.....and multiply that shit by 50000000x. Nobody would be able to take you seriously for the next.....decade.

I seriously doubt the Hub would cancel one of their most lucrative shows after such a relatively brief period. A big reason why MLP: FiM was given the green light in the first place was because merchandise sales for the franchise were down in a big way. Now sales are soaring, and I'm sure Hasbro wants to keep it that way for as long as possible.

I know this may be hard for some bronies to hear, but there will come a day when MLP: FiM as we now know it will end. It's just the nature of things when it comes to television. Even long-running series like M*A*S*H and Dr. Who undergo so many changes that they're hardly the same show that they started out as. Actors move on to do different things, production staff changes, audience tastes change, budgets change, etc.

I know it can be hard to let go when a show you enjoy is canceled, jumps the shark or reaches its grand finale, but all good things must come to an end eventually. It's natural to feel sad or even angry at first depending on the circumstances, but it's best to move on. Besides, there's always the chance that a new show will come out that is even better.

Good television shows have a staying power that lasts well beyond their initial run. You'll still be able to watch the reruns on Blu-Ray or on "nostalgia channels." If I can still catch episodes of M*A*S*H and Mary Tyler Moore on channels like Me-TV, I'm sure the same will apply to MLP: FiM after it's run its course. Moreover, you'll always have the memories of watching the show when it was still new. Who knows, you may be able to rekindle that initial excitement by introducing future generations to the show.

In short, MLP: FiM will end eventually in some form, but its memory will live on. Take a leaf from Rarity's book and handle it with grace and poise.

Hasbro has made alot of money off the show, from the one place they never thought they would get it from.
Hasbro is in the end a business, and all they care about in the end of ends is profit, and friendship is magic is very profitable

Evil Smurf:

MinimanZombie:
It would bring on a rage that not even Zeel could have accessed, with half the internet laughing at the other sides anger, and the other half tearing the limbs off of Hasbro employees with their minds.
It would be fucking glorious

Zombie apocalypse anyone?

Fuck yeah! I'll get the rations and base, and you get the weapons.

Capitano Segnaposto:

95spartans:
I've never watched MLP but I think this is more accurate from what I've seen of the fandom

The Brony Six Step Grieving Process:

1. Shock
2. Denial
3. Rage
4. Sorrow
5. either morbid depression or a murderous rage
6. death (either of bronies or Hasbro employee's, possibly both)

It would be hilarious

So a bunch of murders/suicides is hilarious? What is wrong with you? It is people like you who give gamers bad names :(

... I was exaggerating. you think I was being serious?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked