Unpopular Opinions

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 26 NEXT

Removed

Sonic Doctor:

Luca72:

But I also think all drugs should be legalized. Yep - morphine, amphetamines, you name it.

Morphine? That's legal, yeah it is mainly used in hospitals, and also can be acquired with a prescription, but it is legal.

Unless: Are saying that there shouldn't be prescriptions and limitations on how much can be given out, that we should be able to just buy it over the counter?

Nope, that I don't agree with.

If the drug is needed for some kind of health condition or whatnot, then yeah, make it legal to prescribe it. Other than that, no, I wouldn't make it easier for people to feed their addictions and mess up their lives, and possibly other lives connected to them in the process.

Easier to feed addictions? Addicts are going to get what they want anyway, but at the moment they're going to get it from thugs who mix it with baking soda and harmful chemicals to increase their own profit. And since these addicts are already forced to live on the street, they're going to do whatever it takes to get it, like stealing. Talk to someone who works in a pawn shop and ask about their regulars - the drugs are out there and they're available, you just have to be willing to live a shit life to get them.

On the other hand, Amsterdam a few years ago (don't know if this is still happening, I know they've changed a few laws) allowed medical morphine. People who had been nonfunctional addicts before were able to live productive lives, hold jobs, etc. Addiction is a really ugly thing, and it's not as simple as "make it illegal and people will stop".

The other major change behind this is that junkies would be treated as people with a sickness, not criminals. You think a heroin addict who knows he has a problem but can't break his addiction is going to go to a hospital? Our society has such a backward view on drug policy that instead of treating someone with a very clear problem, we want to toss them in a cage and hope that straightens them up. I'm not defending the use of these drugs at all (except MJ! :P), but I don't think this country has ever taken a realistic look at the situation.

Luke3184:
Total democracy was the worst thing to happen to the human race... /hides

What would you suggest instead? Not attacking you, just curious. Some kind of dictatorship presumably, but what? A real meritocracy (where the smartest are literally in charge), a monarchy?

I'm a racist to my own kind so that alone is unpopular.

Basically, I hate a lot of what the black community does. For one, all of this "you aint black" shit directed towards me because I don't smoke, rap, play sports or wear their fashion is a driving force. So what if I don't like to listen to 2 Chains or some Tyga. I don't like rap that much and if I listen to it, I'll listen to EMINEM or Kanye West or someone like that. I don't like it when black women are loud. It's not attractive, it's annoying listening to their business. Although some of them are smart and attractive, having them yell and talk like that makes me see them as ghetto. I also hate it when they try to act tough to me. Just because you're black doesn't mean that I'm scared of you and your supposed gun collection. If anything, you should be scared of me. I will kill if I see you as a threat and all of that noise of coming to my house and 'teaching' me isn't gonna make me back down.

So off that subject for a moment, I'm for abortion. If a woman comes in and wants to abort her rapist's baby, then she should be allowed to. Same goes for anyone else who doesn't want a child. There should be a system in place for the abortion clinics so they can keep their customer's from abusing their services (ex: woman gets an abortion every time she's pregnant and doesn't use protection). And to keep them from going to another clinic, they will send all information on their patients to all other abortion clinics so that they won't constantly abort every time their pregnant.

Oh here's one: I don't give automatic respect to people in the military and think people should stop lauding military service so much.

neonsword13-ops:
Fallout 3 was batter than New Vegas.

Atmosphere in 3 was superior in every way.

*Flameshield... UP!*

You're totally wrong. Yet I can certainly see what you mean about the atmosphere or at least I think I can.

Fallout 3 had what can only be described as a truly breath-taking post-apocalyptic atmosphere. The problem with that is that it is set 200 years after the war so is really a post-post-apocalyptic game instead and has been such since the first installment of the series. If you're heavily invested in the entire franchise you keep running full tilt into things in FO3 that shatter the immersion as the game staggers drunkenly between set in the near-immediate post-apocalypse and the post-post-apocalyptic setting the rest of the franchise is set in.

Fallout 3 is still a great gaming experience (Assuming you can play it.), it's just frustrating to see Bethesda do such a great job but spoil it by tripping over their own feet.

Let's see

For one I believe in god (oh noes) and I am a christian.

I listen to a lot of Christian heavy metal like Sleeping Giant and Demon Hunter.

I like to listen to some songs on a higher pitch for some reason. I don't do it because I find it funny that they sound like they were sucking on helium I really do enjoy it for some reason.

I have another, it's a bit long.

I hate immigrants. If you come to my country to start fresh, a new life, you work and take care of yourself and family, then I welcome you, stay as long as you like, would you like to learn our language? Now I understand that my language(icelandic) can be very difficult to learn and ever harder to master but if you at least try, then great! But when you wont even bother to learn propper english in the least and apply for a job as a store clerk, then I get mad. I'm perfectly fine with foreigners coming here and making a contribution and becoming an active part of society and economy....But then there are the ones I hate.

My country, Iceland, is a nice country, it's beautiful, peaceful and clean. The people are friendly, tolerant and nice over all. Yes, I am a patriot, I love my country with all my heart, I am willing to fight and die for it and my countrymenn, because it's a good country. Did you know that there has never been a recorder serial killer in Iceland, there have been no acts of terrorism, we elected the first female president in the world and we have the oldest parliment in the world as well.

But in recent years, crime rate has gone up. This is due to an increase in immigrations. This pains and hurts me. I don't understand why people think it's all right for them to come from their piss poor country that's steeped in theft, murders, rape and just pure shit. For them to come here to us, we that welcome them with open hearts and hope and what do they do? They steal, they murder and rape and screw us over. We give them a chance to start fresh, clean and a new life and what do they do, they throw shit in our faces and rub it in our eyes. This isn't an exaggeration, most people in prison in Iceland are foreign, even last year there was an incident that has never happened in our modern history. A woman from Lithuania left her newborn infant to die in a dustbin. This has never been done here before, we just don't do that D:<
Indeed, most of the foreigners that turn to crime hail from Poland, Lithuania, Slovakia and their neighbouring countries.
Why, why do they come here to our country just to fuck things up, I mean we've never even had a war....well, there was the Cod War and we one that with no casulties!

/rant

captcha: yes, m'am

The singularity will NEVER occur and the whole idea of it is laughable. Just because a computer has processing power, how will it just BECOME programmed with intelligence and awareness of the world around it? Computers are just circuits.

Jack the Potato:
I hate the gay community. All of it. Absolutely, unapologetically hate it. Why, you ask?

THEY STOLE GOD-DAMNED RAINBOWS. ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOLES!!!

I mean, the rainbow was always kind of a fruity thing to like, but it never meant straight-up gay until the gay community adopted it as their symbol. I don't hate gay people, and I'm not against any of their causes, but seriously, fuck them for ruining rainbows. Fuck them all! You can't just "claim" the visual light spectrum! You can't!

It's not the gay flag. Do the straight community have a flag? The rainbow flag in one form or another was always used when representing diversity and inclusion. Think of it as the gay community saying "hey look we are a community of diversity and inclusion and hope" not "we are the gays and this is our flag".

Another one comes to mind: The main emotional effect the fanfic My Little Dashie had on me was to make me dislike the protagonist.

That's mostly the first part of the story, where our narrator is complaining about living in a dead city and... well, plenty of people have posted here about how much they hate misanthropes and people who say everything sucks, etcetera - the protagonist/narrator of My Little Dashie seems to me like one of those guys, and I don't emphasise with him. Also decreasing the empathy, he does almost the opposite of what I would have done in most situations.

Luke3184:

Total democracy has never happened to the human race.

orangeban:

Luke3184:

What would you suggest instead? Not attacking you, just curious. Some kind of dictatorship presumably, but what? A real meritocracy (where the smartest are literally in charge), a monarchy?

Enlightened Despotism, coupled with feudal elective if encountered with a regency.

Sparrow:
People with self-caused problems should not get free health care. If you drink/smoke/eat yourself into some kind of medical condition (liver failure, lung cancer, diabetes ect.) then that's your own damn fault and you should pay for your own fucking healthcare.

Also, I don't think DA2 was that bad. Not good, just not that bad.

That opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.

OT: I don't think mentally handicapped people deserve my immediate sympathy and help. I'm not responsible for whatever they have going on.

Rawne1980:
This isn't a flame against anyone but it probably will be an unpopular opinion around here (seeing as quite a few people are like this)....

I hate miserable bastards. I don't mean dislike I mean I physically detest them.

They piss off everyone around them, they can turn something happy into an utter shit storm and generally aren't nice people to be around.

They say utter toss like "I have lost faith in humanity" oh fuck off with your cliché phrase.

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore", that's funny .... I don't want you living on this planet anymore.

They never say anything worth listening to.

And the most amusing part .... "I hate humanity, I hate people" so why, oh bloody why, are they hanging around forums that contain ... you guessed it ... people.

I say to them, crawl back under the bridge of misery and leave the rest of us to be happy and talk about sunshine and rainbows.

Yes the world is a shitty place, trust me i've seen a hell of a lot more of that shit than the some of the people that whine about it, but we get on with it. We like life and the little joys it brings.

And to the OP. I have kids, 5 of them. Am I angered by your words ... nay lad, nay I am not.

All I have to say to you is MY SPERM WORKS so all is well in the world.

Just because you take certain things in life for granted (e.g. family, home, acceptance in a circle, etc etc i dont know you) doesn't mean that everyone has those things. You shouldnt kick people when they are down, OP is obviously depressed and going through a tough period. Hell, maybe his whole life has been one big rough patch, so unless you have one giant compelling reason for bullying this person, I'd like to request that you go somewhere else.

Cold weather is superiour to warm. Why does everyone around me think differently...

Stilt:

Just because you take certain things in life for granted (e.g. family, home, acceptance in a circle, etc etc i dont know you) doesn't mean that everyone has those things. You shouldnt kick people when they are down, OP is obviously depressed and going through a tough period. Hell, maybe his whole life has been one big rough patch, so unless you have one giant compelling reason for bullying this person, I'd like to request that you go somewhere else.

Read the title of the thread.

Read what the threads about.

Read the first sentence of my post.

Are we done?

Great. It's a thread about unpopular views, my comments were not aimed at the OP they were aimed at miserable people in general.

I'd like to request that you read what a threads about before replying to anyone. It saves you looking silly. He asked us for our own unpopular views which is what we've all been adding to.

How on fracks green earth you got bullying from that i'll never know. So i'll add you to my ignore to save future issues.

I think that girlfriends / wives of criminals should be charged to equal jail time if they knew what their significant other was doing. They are feeding off of the misery of others just as much as their criminal husbands are. They should never, ever be allowed to walk.

Matthew94:
I think children with severe mental deficiencies (to the point where they aren't conscious of who they are or where they are etc) should either be killed or have all medical care cut off from them.

They don't do anything and cost the government thousands before they die. That money could go to a better cause.

*Flame shield up*

I agree. Especially when there's too many people on this planet.

SamuelT:

Sparrow:
People with self-caused problems should not get free health care. If you drink/smoke/eat yourself into some kind of medical condition (liver failure, lung cancer, diabetes ect.) then that's your own damn fault and you should pay for your own fucking healthcare.

Also, I don't think DA2 was that bad. Not good, just not that bad.

That opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.

OT: I don't think mentally handicapped people deserve my immediate sympathy and help. I'm not responsible for whatever they have going on.

YEAH WELL ME3 HAD THE WORST ENDING EVER!

But seriously, I feel as if I should hate DA2... I really try my best, honest!

Rawne1980:

Stilt:

Read the title of the thread.

Read what the threads about.

Read the first sentence of my post.

Are we done?

Great. It's a thread about unpopular views, my comments were not aimed at the OP they were aimed at miserable people in general.

I'd like to request that you read what a threads about before replying to anyone. It saves you looking silly.

Im aware of the thread topic, however your post is OBVIOUSLY directed as an attack toward the OP's unpopular view, go ahead and deny it

Soods:

Matthew94:
I think children with severe mental deficiencies (to the point where they aren't conscious of who they are or where they are etc) should either be killed or have all medical care cut off from them.

They don't do anything and cost the government thousands before they die. That money could go to a better cause.

*Flame shield up*

I agree. Especially when there's too many people on this planet.

I agree, turn Sean Hannity and Newt Gingrich into soylent green

I'm a Christian that is pro-choice, liberal, and completely tolerant of pretty much anything and everything.

You'd be amazed how tiny this minority is among my religion.

Im aware of the thread topic, however your post is OBVIOUSLY directed as an attack toward the OP's unpopular view, go ahead and deny it

Believe whatever you like.

I genuinely dislike miserable people.

I also dislike people that start an argument for no reason whatsoever so this will be the last time I reply to you.

Those are my views, that is all there is to it. If you think that was an attack on someone then you are entitled to think that.

Funny how no one else see's it like that, even the OP himself.

Just you it seems.

Funny that.

Tom Milner:
here's a thing;
theists who attack the beleifs of others

not a lot to say, but i have come exceptionally close to wanting to tear their lower jaws out and not give them back until they promise not be insufferable jerks.

Although I understand where your coming from I think its is unhealthy to not at least debate religion. I think people should stop being offended so easily by others saying your wrong. basically if your going to have an opinion you should be able to and ok with defending it.

I'm a Republican AND a Christian, and while my political and religious beliefs are not actually UNpopular, quite the contrary, I still have to put up with a lot of shit on the internet. Shit like: "only uneducated people can believe this," or "you must not be able to think critically and independently." STFU. I have to think about religion and politics a lot more than you, because some asshole like you is always running his mouth.

I also think that drug use (including alcohol in people under the legal limit) is stupid and a sign of weakness. Life sucks a lot of the time, and we all have to deal with it. If you need to alter the way your brain works to cope, then you probably shouldn't be alive in the first place. Had a bad day? Deep breathing and some TV works fine, and won't endanger your life.

Lastly, I don't think the government should have any jurisdiction over the institution of marriage at all. It's a religious commitment, not a legal bond. If a few parishes decide to marry gay couples, I may not agree, but I can respect their decision. If the government says we HAVE to do it, that's another story.

I instantly lose respect for anyone who actually thinks "The world would be better if religion never existed!" These people... have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

They use examples like the Crusades or any other time horrible, inhuman acts were done in the name of a religious doctrine. Understandable. They are horrible, inhuman acts being performed in the name of something. Therefore, it is easy to deduce that this "something" is the cause for all this evil.

Wrong.

They make claims that almost all conflict in the world is derived from differing religions.

Wrong.

The conflict is that it is in man's nature to fear and hate that which is different to him. This is not religion's doing. It is the fact that any religion is an organization of people with the belief of a specific doctrine. Thus, those with a differing doctrine will come into conflict with them.

Do you not see the obvious problem here? It's not the fact that one religion over the other is wrong or evil. It's the fact that both doctrines preach different things, and it's the people who make the decision to harm those who do not agree with them.

If religion didn't exist, are you honestly going to tell me that people wouldn't have found a different reason or cause to do the horrible things others have done in the name of religion? While we're at it, let's get rid of the different races, hmm? People have been fighting because of different skin color just as long as they've been fighting because of different gods or philosophies.

If you believe religion shouldn't exist because of conflict in the world, then you also believe that people shouldn't form different governments, that people shouldn't be able to form their own ideas and opinions, and that anything unique about any individual shouldn't exist as well. For it is that people are different that there is conflict today. Ostracizing and getting rid of religion is utterly foolish and serves as yet another case that YOU hate what is different to YOU. YOU don't believe in a religion. YOU would have no qualms about ending its existence, because religion is different from what YOU believe.

Anyone who truly thinks this loses my respect, because it shows not only that they have a very narrow way of thinking but that they have no mind for any bigger picture other than themselves.

I think the party system in America needs to be utterly destroyed! To many politicians try to do what is best for there party over what is best for America and it sickens me.

Religion should go away because religion is based on hate.
Slow or mentally ill people should be killed.
Dead People do not need defending, stop caring if I say Steve Jobs was a god damn asshole.
Children suck, they are vomit-spewing dickheads.
Nilihists got it right.

And just one last thing... Christians, go fuck yourself.

Zack1501:

Tom Milner:
here's a thing;

not a lot to say, but i have come exceptionally close to wanting to tear their lower jaws out and not give them back until they promise not be insufferable jerks.

Although I understand where your coming from I think its is unhealthy to not at least debate religion. I think people should stop being offended so easily by others saying your wrong. basically if your going to have an opinion you should be able to and ok with defending it.

An intelligent theological conversation is one thing, being told that: "a priest should rape you in the ass for being stupid enough to believe in God" is another. The only arguments I've ever heard for atheism have been no more than belittling name-calling.

Almost everything I think is unpopular. I'm not sure if conventional logic is just stupid, or if I'm just a contrarian and like getting into arguments(probably both.)

- James Cameron is not good at his job. Titanic was mostly carried by DiCaprio. Aliens was just him helping out the much better Ridley Scott. Terminator was stolen from the much better scifi writer Harlan Ellison who thankfully successfully sued Cameron for his intellectual property theft. Avatar was the blandest sci fi possible mixed with Disney faced blue aliens, fern gully, and dances with wolves; because James Cameron can't come up with an original idea to save his life.

- J.J. Abrams is overrated, the best parts of lost were the early seasons when he wasn't there.

- Gene Roddenberry is overrated, Gene Coon did most of the work making Star Trek what it is.

- Dragon Age 2 is not nearly as awful as 90% of people say it is, and not nearly as good as the other 10% say it is. It's average.

- Alpha Protocol is a good game, with some of the best writing of the past decade.

- Skyrim is slightly above average at best and pretty undeserving of most of the praise it gets.

- IQ means pretty much fuckall. Its alright at ballparking people as average, stupid or smart. but anyone between like 125-160 is on pretty much even ground. People put too much stock into it.

- Ultima Online is the best MMORPG ever made.

-Benedict Arnold was awesome, and Washington is the one who pushed America's best general into switching sides.

- There has not been a good president for at least 100 years, and probably not one since JQ Adams. Obama continues to trod on human rights and makes terrible policy decisions. JFK got us into Vietnam and was pretty run off the mill as far as politicians go, the only reason hes so revered is because he died. Lincoln tried to suspend Habeus Corpus, and made veiled threats of force to antiwar senators, as well as showing up on one senators lawn with a company of soldiers to arrest him for speaking out against the war. And don't even get me started on FDR.

- Martin Luther King is only famous because he died. He subverted the movement multiple times and if left up to SNCC and CORE the civil rights movement would have achieved its goals much faster. There are easily 15(probably more) civil rights leaders who were way more influential and important than MLK. Bayard Rustin is way cooler any day of the week.

- True Atheism is just as silly and logic defunct as Theism is.

- Violence is cyclical and the only way to end it and progress as a species we must interject ourselves into those cycles of violence and break them by showing love when presented with hatred and peace when presented with violence. (Also if someone put a gun to my head and tried to steal one single dollar from me, I would make them kill me rather than give them the dollar.)

- The Doors are a severely overrated band.

- Dubbstep is repetitive and boring as is pop music and most nouveau rap.

- Incest does not have any big biological drawbacks except that diversity of genotypes could save the species in an unforeseen disaster(But there are probably enough people across the world already to ensure that level of diversity either way.) The reaction against incest is either psychological(I forget the theories name) and/or social. If psychological a child growing up in close proximity to someone will take them off the table as a sexual partner, and thus is irrelevant of relation and can/is applied to very early childhood friends as well. The anthropologist/social theory is that it created a welfare net back in the day. Because if your wife is from a different family, you have more people who have family ties to you, who can be asked for help in an emergency. If you are however super freaking rich, marrying out means that you now have more people who can ask to borrow money from you; hence why all the European royalty/nobility as well as the US's Southern Aristocracy married cousins: to concentrate the wealth.

- All drugs should all be legalized, actions while on drugs should not be. If you can shoot up on heroin responsibly(lol) then go ahead and do it.

- Not really sure what people think overall on it(though from what people have said to me and from the political actions on it it seems an unpopular stance) but NASA needs to continue shuttle missions and they should have had their funding doubled. The research we get out of it, the amazing work they do on their tiny budget, and the inspiration they could give our youth by continuing to reach out further into the stars; is well worth the money.

- The US military should be recalled unilaterally out of all 149 foreign countries they are deployed in. Any bases owned should be sold back to their countries, all leases we have should be made to lapse.

- As stated previously in this thread, 99.9% of foreign aid is stupid. Historically it has either empowered warlords,

- US Military funding should be cut by at least 75% namely in its research capacity and high end weapons acquisition.

- Quake 2 is the best FPS game ever made.

- Libertarianism is the mostest superiorest political philosophy.

- People should follow the constitution. While this one seems popular its mostly a rallying cry for people who haven't read it and who think the constitution should only be enforced for the things they like but should be for everything else. I honestly don't give that much of a shit if you want to amend it to say that the government can tax income or if you want to amend it to say that healthcare should be free for everyone(though I think that's the wrong choice.) But goddamn actually amend it to say those things, don't just do them and then completely ignore the law of the land. And no I don't think the general welfare clause means government gets to do whatever it wants.

Am I doing this thread correctly?

Rawne1980:
This isn't a flame against anyone but it probably will be an unpopular opinion around here (seeing as quite a few people are like this)....

I hate miserable bastards. I don't mean dislike I mean I physically detest them.

They piss off everyone around them, they can turn something happy into an utter shit storm and generally aren't nice people to be around.

They say utter toss like "I have lost faith in humanity" oh fuck off with your cliché phrase.

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore", that's funny .... I don't want you living on this planet anymore.

They never say anything worth listening to.

And the most amusing part .... "I hate humanity, I hate people" so why, oh bloody why, are they hanging around forums that contain ... you guessed it ... people.

I say to them, crawl back under the bridge of misery and leave the rest of us to be happy and talk about sunshine and rainbows.

Yes the world is a shitty place, trust me i've seen a hell of a lot more of that shit than the some of the people that whine about it, but we get on with it. We like life and the little joys it brings.

And to the OP. I have kids, 5 of them. Am I angered by your words ... nay lad, nay I am not.

All I have to say to you is MY SPERM WORKS so all is well in the world.

Well done, sir. I have thought the same many times.

Enough with the doom and gloom, people!

TheDrunkNinja:
I instantly lose respect for anyone who actually thinks "The world would be better if religion never existed!" These people... have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

They use examples like the Crusades or any other time horrible, inhuman acts were done in the name of a religious doctrine. Understandable. They are horrible, inhuman acts being performed in the name of something. Therefore, it is easy to deduce that this "something" is the cause for all this evil.

Wrong.

They make claims that almost all conflict in the world is derived from differing religions.

Wrong.

The conflict is that it is in man's nature to fear and hate that which is different to him. This is not religion's doing. It is the fact that any religion is an organization of people with the belief of a specific doctrine. Thus, those with a differing doctrine will come into conflict with them.

Do you not see the obvious problem here? It's not the fact that one religion over the other is wrong or evil. It's the fact that both doctrines preach different things, and it's the people who make the decision to harm those who do not agree with them.

If religion didn't exist, are you honestly going to tell me that people wouldn't have found a different reason or cause to do the horrible things others have done in the name of religion? While we're at it, let's get rid of the different races, hmm? People have been fighting because of different skin color just as long as they've been fighting because of different gods or philosophies.

If you believe religion shouldn't exist because of conflict in the world, then you also believe that people shouldn't form different governments, that people shouldn't be able to form their own ideas and opinions, and that anything unique about any individual shouldn't exist as well. For it is that people are different that there is conflict today. Ostracizing and getting rid of religion is utterly foolish and serves as yet another case that YOU hate what is different to YOU. YOU don't believe in a religion. YOU would have no qualms about ending its existence, because religion is different from what YOU believe.

Anyone who truly thinks this loses my respect, because it shows not only that they have a very narrow way of thinking but that they have no mind for any bigger picture other than themselves.

OMG yes! You just won the internet.

NightmareLuna:
Religion should go away because religion is based on hate.
And just one last thing... Christians, go fuck yourself.

Obvious self-contradiction is obvious. Also, John 3:16; Matthew 5:39, 5:44, 7:22. (since you've probably never read the Bible, you can probably find one at a library or any book store, if not online EDIT: oh, and the citations are: Book chapter:verse) Also, know what the hell you're talking about before you run your mouth.

While I do think that the current mainstream shooters are ok (much as I enjoy bashing them), I much prefer the slightly older ones like Timesplitters and UT2004 (the latter being probably my favourite game of all time).

I found Anchorman incredibly boring and unfunny.

I found Monty Python and the Holy Grail equally boring and unfunny. I love the Life of Brian however.

I dislike Steam (as made by Valve, not evaporation), though I readily admit that this is based only on negative experiences of playing the first game I bought that required Steam and I have little experience of using the rest of the service. It was bad enough that I haven't played a PC game since then, though, nor do I intend to unless I suddenly become obscenely rich.

I dislike or am at least indifferent to most mainstream music, especially hip-hop, R&B, and Dubstep.

I do not believe in god, but have mixed feelings about religion. Religious people individually are just as able to be nice/not nice as anyone else (for the record, all of the religious people I know are lovely, as are all of the non-religious). There are many parts of religion which I think are good or can see that would be nice, such as the 'love thy neighbour' and community aspects respectively. On the other hand, there are many parts which I believe are evil and fundamentally sick.

Related to the above, I believe that the god as described by the Bible (don't know enough about other gods [aside from ancient Greek and Norse] to comment on them) - particularly in the old testament - is at best no more good than the average human.

Despite the good sides, I think the world would be better off without organised religion, at least until there is no more hatred (or more importanly, action) against other religions, the non-religious, or any other group. Also that while it's still here, the religion should have no power over the state.

The idea that without religion people would have no morals offends me.

I am totally against the death penalty in any circumstances.

I do not believe that something constitutes murder until the thing in question has the capacity to feel pain / is self-aware. Destroying something that has the potential to become something that feels pain but which does not currently have the capacity to do so is not murder any more than a man failing to have sex 24/7 is allowing the deaths of millions in all those sperm that were destroyed before fertalising an egg.

EDIT: Two I forgot:

Although initially being outraged at the raise in student fees in the UK (not for myself, who is fairly well off, though not close to well off enough to pay without a loan, but for the poor), I now have no problem with it, as the loan covers it completely while you're there, and has very reasonable conditions for paying it off. I do think that the maintanence loan is far too low though, if you don't stay in london at least.

Sort of related, I generally agree with the Lib-Dem policies that I know of, and much prefer them to the Conservatives (grrr) and Labour. I would prefer Labour to this Tory-led coalition though.

Deathmageddon:

Zack1501:

Tom Milner:
here's a thing;

An intelligent theological conversation is one thing, being told that: "a priest should rape you in the ass for being stupid enough to believe in God" is another. The only arguments I've ever heard for atheism have been no more than belittling name-calling.

I have two things to say about this comment:
1. That is true but thats just stupid people saying stupid things. If you get a comment on that don't be like most people and go OMG YOU OFFENDED MY RELIGION! Just ask him/her why he/she thinks that and respectfully disagree.
2. Just being nit picky now. Tom Milner did not say atheists he said theists which are religious people. Although many atheists do this to. :P

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked