What is your preferred beverage of the alcoholic variety??
Beer
14.7% (48)
14.7% (48)
Larger
3.7% (12)
3.7% (12)
Stout
4.6% (15)
4.6% (15)
Wine
5.8% (19)
5.8% (19)
Whiskey/Burbon/Scotch
20.2% (66)
20.2% (66)
Other Spirits
20.8% (68)
20.8% (68)
Cider
10.7% (35)
10.7% (35)
I don
19.3% (63)
19.3% (63)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Whats your drink Escapists?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Being young, many of my friends opt for the cheapest variety of drink when we go to parties and such. Most of us are moving away from the habit of cheap spirits and the even cheaper 4 litres of cask wine.An option that after left them open to ending the night vomiting their $20 back up again.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy a nice cider when I drink. They are refreshing, crisp and were the first proper drink I ever had (it was with my dad when I was 15), all good things in my book. I'm not normally too picky and buy assorted ciders from my local bottle shop as they have a deal for six or 12 from a selected range. This means I can mix and match and enjoy all of these in one night. (even though my mates take the piss, ciders are apparently a girls drink)

So this got me wondering, what do you drink when you go out?
Be it the humble beer? It's rough and tumble brothers, Lager and Stout? Or its ever growing cousin, cider? Perhaps a cheeky drop of wine? Maybe the refined whiskey is more your style? Does drinking vodka from the bottle and wrestling bears reminds you of the old country? Maybe just a glass of water quenches your thirst without all the side effects of your peers drink?

Are there any reasons you like to drink this in particular?
Is there any specific brands or labels you like?

I am all ears :)

EDIT: The last option in the poll is supposed to say I don't drink, my bad.

Because I'm fucking classy, that's why, none of that wussy cider crap.

Beer tastes like shit, never had wine, can't control myself with vodka.

Enjoy a good whiskey/bourbon/scotch, and ciders are nice too.

Damn good coffee, right now...

Oh, alcoholic, gimme a good bottle of scotch and I'll be happy for the evening. That and brandy.

Cider, it's just awesome. :)

No shit cider either, I'm talking crisp cider like Gaymers, Magners or Stella artois "Cidre" :3

or if i'm feeling like beer either

For the past few months I've been drinking wine.

I tend to go through phases where, for a few months, I'll pick one drink and stick to it. I switch between wine, beer, cider and vodka.

Soon I shall be like my idols.

For me it's either

Beer tastes like crap

No option for Ale.Shame on you sir

My drink of choice

I am a connoisseur of many beverages, however for a good lash I do enjoy a good larger lager. When the loan comes in it's all about the Pils, Staropramen and Budvar. Though as money gets tough because of my nasty habit of buying shiny things, it degrades to Carling very quickly.

Colour-Scientist:
For the past few months I've been drinking wine.

I tend to go through phases where, for a few months, I'll pick one drink and stick to it. I switch between wine, beer, cider and vodka.

Soon I shall be like my idols.

Just wanna say, Old wine....Is good wine. And the older the wine....
The gooder it is....

Tequila, preferably Gold rather than Silver - I sometimes drink it more like a whiskey, depending on the kind of evening out I'm having.

Daystar Clarion:

A good call, probably my favourite beer - if I can find it in a nearby cornershop that is. Stupid Tesco Express doesn't think it's good enough to stock...

TheBobmus:

Daystar Clarion:

A good call, probably my favourite beer - if I can find it in a nearby cornershop that is. Stupid Tesco Express doesn't think it's good enough to stock...

I like to call it beerquila :D

Canadian whisky, mixed with either coke or ginger ale is fantastic. I'm also very partial to a glass of delicious maple whiskey on the rocks.

I don't drink beer as much as I used to so I can't really say there's a specific brand I prefer but I do like a good stout.

If I'm not eating, I'll have a nice ale. If I am eating in I'll have wine. If I'm eating out I can't afford the wine, so I revert to ale.

Daystar Clarion:

Because I'm fucking classy, that's why, none of that wussy cider crap.

2 for three, not bad daystar :) I don't drink spirits t all though. Being Irish, at least one pint of Guinness is a must when I drink. And Desperado is just plain tasty.

Also drink Budweiser quite a bit. Never drink spirits, those things are dodgy.

If i was still living in Italy it'd be wine, a nice Frizzanto Veneto is impossible to refuse.
Atm in brazil i'm limited to horrible beer and even worse Wine.

I only drink Coke, really.

So, uh... Malibu and Coke.

In terms of alcohol, I usually drink Desperado's it's a mixture of tequila and lager and it is actually really good. I also like Glenlivet, but I only drink it on special occasions because I think it's a tad expensive. When it comes to non alcoholic beverages, I find that you can't go wrong with a nice cup of tea.

edit

WKD. The blue one.
It's lovely.

Problem for me is, I drink so rarely that when I do drink, it goes straight to my head.
I'm not much for drinking though, unless its occasion.

Beer. I like beer, but not shitty beer. I will not drink Natty Light. Or Keystone. I will spring for other things though, such as brandy or Irish Car Bombs. Love those.

I am insulted. How dare you leave brandy off that list. This should be considered a crime! I shall inform the internet police at once!

Beer and cigarettes, whiskey and sugar, vodka and vodka.

Daystar Clarion:

*Vomits*

I dont know why Desperados is so popular. Its disgusting.

OT:

I can go for most things, but stouts are my personal preference. If Guinness was cheaper it would be the only thing I drank.

Also, Double Chocolate Stout is the greatest thing in all of existence.

Whatever's cheapest, usually beer. I am student, hear me roar.

Hmmm... does no one like gin?
Hendricks, Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire - I'm a sucker for most gin types.
With tonic or as a martini - simply divine.

I'd make an excellent middle-aged English housewife. Shame.
Wine's also great.

A nifty little bugger of a drink a friend and I accidentally concocted last weekend is my drink of choice from now on.

Start with a base of two parts vodka of choice to one part Apple Sourz liquor.
Add in some Gammel Dansk bitters (just a hint, it tends to overpower things).
A little beer of your choice (No weak, watery american stuff,though).
About a quarter bottle each of any two Xide ciders. (I chose Pomegranate/Rhubarb and Mandarine/Chili)
Top it all off with a splash of white wine. (There's a great swedish one that tastes like, I swear to god, apple pie crust.)

It's *alot* better than it sounds.

Hmmm It depends on my mood but usually drink Beer, like Coors and some Jagerbombs (Jagermeister & red bull) on a night out. I can't really drink wine. It goes to my head way too fast and I usually end up completely out of it when drinking wine. I avoid Tequila like the plague. Last time I drank it, I woke up sprawled in the hall, still fully clothed, with vague flashbacks of throwing up into either my handbag or jacket (luckly though after some investigation I found that i had imagined it. However i later was told that i had threw up everywhere in my yard)
I like a whiskey from time to time.

Black Russian, Guinness, Smithwicks or if I'm just looking to get wrecked:

Most of you won't know this but everyone from the UK and Ireland is probably remembering the worst hangover they've ever had right now.

I love my cider, Proper Cider all the way, you can have your Strongbow and Magners, I'll have this:

I also brew my own cider too, makes going out for an evening so much cheaper.

Spot1990:
Black Russian, Guinness, Smithwicks or if I'm just looking to get wrecked:

Most of you won't know this but everyone from the UK and Ireland is probably remembering the worst hangover they've ever had right now.

Erg...just looking at the bottle. Still not the worst thing I've had...That goes to Frosty Jacks.

If its vodka, I will down it in a heartbeat. Pretty much any kind. I don't have a specific brand (I don't drink enough).

I like whiskey a lot too. Jim Beam Red Stag Black Cherry is one of my favorites.

If I have to drink beer, its either Guinness or Boddingtons, they I don't like beer all that much.

No pissy watery beers. I usually drink:
Arrogant Bastard Ale (Stone brew)
Guinness
Fat Tire
Newcastle
Hefeweizen
And if I have NO other options, Samuel Adams.

As for something harder:
Bush Mills Whiskey
Captain Morgan isn't too bad.
Grey Goose Vodka

For something sweeter:
Margaritas (on the rocks, not blended)

I also enjoy a nice Rum and Coke, or whiskey and coke. On holidays I have whiskey on the rocks with the Holiday Meal.

On winter nights, I prefer to warm up some Dr.Pepper, add a shot or two of spiced rum, and a lemon wedge. Works wonders when you are sick and laid up in bed.

Honestly, as long as it doesn't come in a plastic jug, I'll drink it and enjoy it. Hard alcohol in a plastic jug with a handle is an absolute NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked