FUCKING SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

anthony87:
So I've just been browsing Tv Tropes and without realising it, I had highlighted a spoiler section that covered a huge event that occurs in "A Dance with Dragons", the fifth book of "A Song of Ice and Fire"......Unfortunately for me, I've only just started the fouth book, "A Feast for Crows".

I was lucky enough to not see "how", "why", "who"(aside from the one directly affected) or when but I've seen the "what" and I'm now quite pissed off that it got spoiled. Of course it was my own carelessness that caused me to spoil it for myself, I'm well aware of that. I'm still gonna read the series of course but the whole time now I'll be thinking ahead to what I know is going to happen.

So to you the people, I ask this question:
"What's something(A movie, book series, game series etc.) that you love that was then spoiled for you? Was it in fact someone who spoiled it, or did you yourself spoil it like my example above? Did it ruin your overall experience, or not even affect it at all?"

If you are going to actually mention the details of the spoilers, please try and keep them vague so as to avoid spoiling it for others.

Captcha: "jump the gun"

You said it Captcha.....*sigh*

I'm really curious what in that shit book you're upset about being spoiled...

I'd list what it might be, but I don't want to spoil any other shit things that happen...

Sorry to sound so angry, but that book really pisses me off in general. PM me please. I promise not to spoil anything, or bitch, I just am really curious!!

There was a discussion about games with band endings on this site. Someone complained about Batman Arkham Asylum's ending and one quoted him and said something along the lines of:

The game wasn't out on PC at the time so I hadn't even started playing it before he spoiled Arkham City for me. I tried to convince myself that it wouldn't end that way and I was hoping that what he said wasn't true so I would get a surprise in the end. That didn't happen.

If there's a movie I haven't seen and don't really intend to, I don't mind people talking about it. Hell sometimes even if I am going to see it I don't really mind.
Games I don't either really care about spoilers but I think it's the worst when it comes to books.
Hasn't happened any spoiler shit in recent time for me since many of my friends really really hate that spoiler shit.

Yopaz:
There was a discussion about games with band endings on this site. Someone complained about Batman Arkham Asylum's ending and one quoted him and said something along the lines of:

The game wasn't out on PC at the time so I hadn't even started playing it before he spoiled Arkham City for me. I tried to convince myself that it wouldn't end that way and I was hoping that what he said wasn't true so I would get a surprise in the end. That didn't happen.

For fuck sake, say that you're going to spoil Arkham City before the fucking spoiler. All you said was Asylum, then City after the spoil.

imahobbit4062:

Yopaz:

For fuck sake, say that you're going to spoil Arkham City before the fucking spoiler. All you said was Asylum, then City after the spoil.

If you don't want spoilers, don't click to view the spoiler. The text after the spoiler clearly said he spoiled Arkham City by saing what I had put in spoilers. Don't blame me for something you did.

Whenever something I'm interested in gets released I tend to avoid all sites that could possibly spoil it.
Unfortunately i had to learn it the hard way.
Point and case: The Walking Dead (tv show) got spoiled by comicbookmovie.com when they placed a huge banner on the main page, only an hour after that episode aired, with (same thing as posted by evilneko)...

I knew it was going to happen because I've read the comics but that doesn't mean I know when it would happen.

I was in an Xbox LIVE party with my friend while playing Bioshock and we were chatting about the game (I was only about half way through it at this point) then the twat belts out what happens in the ending. I actually felt like travelling to England and ripping out his vocal chords.

I spoiled the good ending of Silent Hill 2 for myself... but the game is still the greatest thing mankind has ever produced.
Aside from that, Deadly Premonition was spoiled for me (by my own curiosity.) Considering how incredibly surreal the entire game is, that was kind of a downer, but I still loved the game to pieces once I got my hands on it.

On this site, I saw a news item about Tali's face being revealed in ME3. Great, I thought, we finally get to see what a natural quarian looks like.

Upon reading, for a nanosecond I saw the part

I was devestated, a spoiler of the worst kind, about one of my favourite characters.

I tried drinking the event away, but it stuck with me all through the game.

Imagine my surprise when it never happened in my playthrough.

So much relief!

Im happily one of the few who dont mind spoilers, sometimes I even watch a bit from ending to see if its worth seeing/reading/whatever. I enjoy the experience, not the goals. If I know beforehand someone will die it just makes me look at him more often and try to predict what will go wrong.

EscapeGoat:

anthony87:

I was lucky enough to not see "how", "why", "who"(aside from the one directly affected) or when but I've seen the "what" and I'm now quite pissed off that it got spoiled. Of course it was my own carelessness that caused me to spoil it for myself, I'm well aware of that. I'm still gonna read the series of course but the whole time now I'll be thinking ahead to what I know is going to happen.

This happened to me when I decided to read the bloody blurb of all things of A Feast for Crows while I was waiting in line to buy it along with both parts of A Storm of Swords. Right there. First line, massive bloody great spoiler. Thanks, publishers, thanks a bunch.

In respect to your questions, it didn't really ruin the overall experience but it did mar it somewhat seeing as I knew:

I'M WARNING YOU.

DAMMIT, I WARNED YOU.

But I mean, it wasn't a series-ruiner for me. I still enjoyed A Storm of Swords, even knowing that was going to happen.

Just out of curiosity, what did you spoil for yourself?

This exact same thing happened to me. The blurb kind of explains whats going on about halfway through the book, it really killed a big surprise for me. Who puts spoilers in the fucking blurb?!?

Fappy:

JoshTheREfan:
I spoiled dexter for myself by going on wikipedia

....and I've had numerous games and movies ruined for me by my friends who are giant walking dicks.

Why the fuck did I just click that spoiler tag!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ME!

I'm sorry about that I'll edit my post so it says dexter spoilers on it.

JoshTheREfan:

Fappy:

JoshTheREfan:

....and I've had numerous games and movies ruined for me by my friends who are giant walking dicks.

It's not your fault. I just mindlessly clicked on it >.>

Kyrian007:
It wasn't that big of a deal, but I had FF7 spoiled for me. Not the Aeris bit, but the ending (which isn't as bad as spoiling the Aeris bit would have been.) My roomate and I were going thru it at the same time, and I had just created my first save on the last disc. I stop to go to class, and watch this pretty sweet combat my roomate is doing. I ask him what fight that was... last one. Watched the end and credits... never to this day have finished that game myself. It kind of ruined it.

yeah? well I had the Aeris bit spoiled, as a kid by some fuckwit on a climbing frame out back of a family restaurant...no kidding,

more recently, I just finished reading "Brisingr" (Eragon 3) but while I was reading "Eldest" (book 2) a friend of mine who read them all spoiled a major plot point (that I suspected anyway but still it would've been nice to confirm it myself) that happens at the end of the book, I don't know how to do the spoiler warning box thing but if you've read it you probably know what I'm talking about, ....now I just need to buy and read "Inheritance" before the guy spoils that for me

Fappy:

JoshTheREfan:

It's not your fault. I just mindlessly clicked on it >.>

Eh I just don't like spoiling anything for anyone, it makes me feel dirty inside. Well I hope you can still enjoy the awesome series known as Dexter. :D I'm actually a few seasons behind and need to catch up sometime.

I'm not one to be all "GAH YOU SPOILED IT! RAGE" I'm someone that's more interested in the journey, not the outcome. I've never really felt like I should just stop something because I know how it ends. Somethings are greatly predictable, but that doesn't make it bad. Hell, every superhero movie. "The Hero wins, the Villain loses." That's the situation most of the time, and we all know it. Yet we still enjoy these movies, books, games, etc. Of course there are some exception, one from the top of my head is Beast Wars/Machines since aside from the last season, every season the bad guys won.

But no, I'm not one to fully spoil things for anyone, but I don't mind if someone spoils something for me. Just let me see the journey.

I like going to see brand new movies and then upon leaving I like to loudly discuss the ending in front of all the people still waiting in line...

Fappy:

JoshTheREfan:

I know right? You think to yourself "It can't be that big a spoiler" and then you're kicking yourself because it's HUGE! I actually had that very Dexter related fact spoiled for me the fuclking WEEK before the episode aired here over in Ireland.

Spoiled for me in a Dan O'Brian article on Cracked of all places!

Fallout 3 was spoiled for me 2 days after it came out. I was so damned angry, oh well didn't ruin a great game.

lol, its impossible to spoil GOT for me.

People keep trying but they just cant. There are so many fucking characters in that show, and I cant be bothered to remember the names. I can remember the names of the houses but little else. So when someone runs up to me and screams "STANLEY DIES!" I just ask "Whos Stanley?"

I can't remember an instance of something being spoiled for me that I loved so much, but it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine to be watching a movie with friends, and one of them asks, "So what happens with x?"

Fuckin' watch and maybe you'll learn, don't turn me into a spoiler.

Had Persona 3 spoiled for me

I didn't know who chidori was at the time and I still wish it hadn't been spoiled for me.

The biggest spoiler for me was when I walked in on my flatmate playing Arkham City. He had finished the game and was just free-roaming, so I didn't immediately storm out for fear of spoilers and just had a chat with my flatmate about his opinion of the game. I explicitly told him not to drop any spoilers, and he was okay with it; it's part of the gamer bro-code.

Then, one of the random thugs he was observing - just a generic enemy NPC - dropped a gigantic spoiler.

Me neither, generic enemy NPC. Me neither.
I just kind of stood there, mouth open, staring at the screen, while my flatmate turned to me with the closest thing to a real life trollface I'd ever seen.

I accidentally spoiled the big Dr. Who reveal in "A Good Man Goes to War" when I was reading River Song's bio on a wiki page.

I understand that on wiki pages you cant go highlighting certain parts as spoilers, but the first goddamn sentence on this page ruins everything.

DugMachine:
Spoilers don't usually bother me but I still like the common courtesy of someone asking me before they're about to spoil something.

Yeah I'm that way too, sometimes I don't really care.

I think the worst spoiler I've ever been given was by a friend of mine who basically told me the plot twist in the original BioShock first thing in the morning when I was about a quarter through the game.

I was not amused to say the least.

Edit: another friend basically spouted out the entirity of final fantasy 8 at me without asking if i'd played all the way through. There's a game I'll never bother to finish now.

I've been watching Future Diary on hulu, and a couple weeks back when I finished the 22 episode and just wanted to check on some info. I end up reading into the 23rd episode "Breach of Contract" and though it did make me more excited for the episode, the summery did contain a lot of spoilers. I still haven't watched the episode yet, so we'll see how I like it when I do.

chadachada123:
I recently started watching Naruto from scratch, right when my friend started playing the latest Naruto Shippuden game. I'm like 160 episodes into the first series. So I waltz into his house one day to see him

I flipped shit, though it was my own fault. I had to look up everything related to that incident just to get some perspective on what happened. Dammit man.

That's pretty much the only series that I've cared about spoilers about, just because I like the characters a lot. Everything else, I've always been the first person in my group of friends to complete it. I used to be "that guy" that accidentally spoiled things for everyone else.

Well didn't... didn't she live? It has been a while since I gave up on the series.

Mine:

I was spoiled in Game of Throne, Clash of Kings, and Storm of Swords when:

Stopped reading Storm of Swords by that point. Will continue reading it after I finish Steve Jobs Biography. (Shut up, I liked the guy)

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

People keep trying but they just cant. There are so many fucking characters in that show, and I cant be bothered to remember the names. I can remember the names of the houses but little else. So when someone runs up to me and screams "STANLEY DIES!" I just ask "Whos Stanley?"

Thanks for that. Couldn't you just put that into spoilers (if true) like EVERYONE ELSE?

anthony87:
....You sure? Alright. I'm gonna put this in spoilers under the assumption that you've already read the book. For the love of god don't read it otherwise.....yeah I'm stating the obvious but still...

Like I said, I only know the "what" of what happens and it was a fleeting glimpse of the spoiler at that. If you've read it....please, no mas. I can't stand to know more of what happens.

As soon as I read your OP I knew that's what you'd been spoiled on.

Dude, seriously. Stay the fuck away from ASOIAF discussion altogether if you don't want to run into godawful spoilers like that. Not only are people not good about accidental spoilers, there's plenty of people who are happy to drop deliberate spoilers just to screw people up. And ASOIAF is popular/mainstream enough at this point, and has enough major plot twists/developments, that it's a prime candidate for massive spoilage.

Capitano Segnaposto:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Thanks for that. Couldn't you just put that into spoilers (if true) like EVERYONE ELSE?

Well I think he's just referring to the show and using "Stanley" as an example
or at least I really fucking hope so

Wanna know something cool? My friend told me about the Far Cry 2's ending and since I told him to, and one year later I bought the game. With the help of some self-manipuation, I made myself forget the ending. I'm a pro at controlling myself.

Also, I got RDR's ending spoiled to me. I had decided previously that I wouldn't watch or look up anything game related until i finished the game but one sad day I was watching a music video, took a look at the comments, and one of them said:

So yeah, that pissed me off like freaking h*ll. I almost cried when I had tried so hard not to get the story spoiled to me.

And of course, ME3 spoilers, this one:

Budweiser:
I like going to see brand new movies and then upon leaving I like to loudly discuss the ending in front of all the people still waiting in line...

I tip my hypothetical hat to your immense level of douchebaggery my good man, I hope their anguish brings you great joy xD

BloatedGuppy:

anthony87:
....You sure? Alright. I'm gonna put this in spoilers under the assumption that you've already read the book. For the love of god don't read it otherwise.....yeah I'm stating the obvious but still...

Like I said, I only know the "what" of what happens and it was a fleeting glimpse of the spoiler at that. If you've read it....please, no mas. I can't stand to know more of what happens.

As soon as I read your OP I knew that's what you'd been spoiled on.

Dude, seriously. Stay the fuck away from ASOIAF discussion altogether if you don't want to run into godawful spoilers like that. Not only are people not good about accidental spoilers, there's plenty of people who are happy to drop deliberate spoilers just to screw people up. And ASOIAF is popular/mainstream enough at this point, and has enough major plot twists/developments, that it's a prime candidate for massive spoilage.

Yeah I know. I've learned my lesson and I'm trying to look on the bright side. At least I've still got all of A Feast for Crows to go through and I've had none of that spoiled......for now O_o

David Bjur:

Also, I got RDR's ending spoiled to me. I had decided previously that I wouldn't watch or look up anything game related until i finished the game but one sad day I was watching a music video, took a look at the comments, and one of them said:

So yeah, that pissed me off like freaking h*ll. I almost cried when I had tried so hard not to get the story spoiled to me.

I had it spoiled to buy my shithead friend _ The same one who spoiled BioShock for me.

My eventual response was, upon learning he had completely avoided even the hype for arkham city, to tell him the ending. He cried, I laughed, vengeance is sweet.

anthony87:

EscapeGoat:

Just out of curiosity, what did you spoil for yourself?

Don't worry if it makes you feel better it's never explicitly stated

OT: The Ending To Red Dead Redemption, still f*cking loved it though

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked