Bangers & Mash!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Gerishnakov:
Nah, this is what puts the Great in Great Britain.

Chicken Tikka Masala

Seriously, it's a culinary representation of the empire, the fusion of subcontinental and British tastes.

Man, that looks like a good Curry, although I'm slightly wild and will have something like a Jalfrezi.

ClockworkPenguin:

FamoFunk:

Fuck mash. I hate mash so fucking much. Fuck it.

But throw me some sausage and potatoes lathered in thick home-made gravy and I will devour that bad boy.

Also, this is what puts the Great in Great Britain:

I like Yorkshire Puddings. I like bangers and Mash . but which is better?

I submit to you sir, that there is but one way to find out.

Yeah! Love Harry Hill, he brightens up my dull Saturday Evening.
Gonna say the Yorkshire Pud would have the advantage, though!

I ate some bangers and mash once...

... and I still enjoy eating it to this day.

For ultimate tastiness it needs to be creamy & buttery mash potato, and oven-cooked/grilled sausages with thin beef gravy splashed over the top of it all.

Om nom nom.

EDIT: I'm not sure what's more funny, the OP on the ensuing thread.

DAMN IT DAYSTAR STOP MAKING AWESOME, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING!

Bvenged:

For ultimate tastiness it needs to be creamy & buttery mash potato, and oven-cooked/grilled sausages with thin beef gravy splashed over the top of it all.

Om nom nom.

Studying never solved anything.

Go get some mash.

Do it.

Do it now.

Bvenged:

Om nom nom.

I was with up until you mentioned thin gravy. Gravy needs to be more than just beefy water sir! Otherwise it just splashes around without much impact.

Thin gravy indeed!

So... did the Canadians kill tons of Germans, but walked up to every corpse, apologized to it, made inquiries into where his family resided and returned all the bodies, so that slowed them down to saving the Brits?

Whoatemysupper:
So... did the Canadians kill tons of Germans, but walked up to every corpse, apologized to it, made inquiries into where his family resided and returned all the bodies, so that slowed them down to saving the Brits?

Probably.

Apart from the saving the Brits part.

The Bangers & Mash saved us, we didn't need your help.

Daystar Clarion:
the Aussies are too busy losing at cricket

...Sir, why are you so condescending to your southerly compatriots? We are a proud nation, one of honesty and bluntness, as well as being a people that can choose to act rationally and without profanity in public. Admittedly, we don't choose to very often. Our food is of an exemplary standard, comparable even to that of the United Kingdom, chiefly because we pretty much just went ctrl+C on it. We have even come up with a few things on our own, too.

Like lamingtons! And Anzac biscuits!

So please, at the very least accept some responsibility for us. We were the well behaved kids, not like those upstart Americans, with all that "Revolution" and "Independence" bollocks.

Also, while we may occasionally lose at the cricket, at least we aren't stuck sitting next to France!

Daystar Clarion:
Snip

Hmmmmm....Sausages...and when combined with mash and gravy...The power that is unleashed!!!!

But of course we chefs have long known of this.

Starik20X6:

Loop Stricken:
I entered this thread expecting the cartoon of the same name. I leave disappointed, and slightly hungrier.

This. And here I was thinking I was the only person who remembered this show ever existed.

"Bangers and Mash! Bangers and Mash! The chimps are imps there ain't no doubt..."

As for the meal, it was more or less the default when I was growing up. Thus for me it has come to symbolise blandness, monotony and a heaping pile of meh.

Woo, I remember Bangers and Mash too! Afternoon TV on ABC after primary school... /happysigh

It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread topic, even though as an Australian of primarily Scottish background I have grown up eating bangers and mash many a time. To be honest though, we more often have barbequed sausages and potatoes (and onion) than bangers and mash.

Daystar Clarion:

Nickolai77:

Daystar Clarion:

I fucking hate chavs.

Ruining our country's classy image.

I say we invade the continent with exceedingly good manners, a snappy dress sense and copious amounts of tea, crumpets and (if you wish) mashed potato.

Didn't we already do that once in history?

I believe it got us an empire :D

Bertylicious:
British Cuisine:

Which is basically the same as bangers and mash; potato and "meat".

Kebab meat, chips and vomit.

My favourite.

The vomit is a vital source of nutrients; it's the way the kebab seller transfers his greasy anti-bodies to his clientel. Case in point; we haven't had a resurgence of the Black Death since we've had kebab shops.

*complicated hand gesture* science init.

What awesome did I just witness? Thank you Daystar, for making me laugh so hard, I almost cried manly tears.

I love these threads! I had bangers and mash the other day for dinner, it was so delicious! And now you've made me want it again today.

False, the Canadians were too busy saving The Netherlands.

OT: Anyone would fear British food from WWII, and that too, is a cold, hard, made up fact.

Captcha: foul play

Hmmmm seems somewhat relevant.

Daystar Clarion:

Gerishnakov:

Daystar Clarion:

I'm more partial to Kingfisher, I tend to find Cobra a bit too gassy.

I'm a fan of the more sweet, creamy curries than the hot one.

Something with apricots. Nice.

Ooh apricots, I don't think I've ever seen a curry with those in!

Ever had poppadoms and pickles?

Mango chutney is my taste mistress.

Have I ever! I love poppadoms and a good set of dips. Do you partake of the dastardly lime pickle? It's an acquired taste that I've learned to like over time.

Gerishnakov:
Nah, this is what puts the Great in Great Britain.

Chicken Tikka Masala

Seriously, it's a culinary representation of the empire, the fusion of subcontinental and British tastes.

Sorry no Id prefir a nice hotpot, thanks.

With corned beef and oinion, delicious.

Phwooooooor, yes please.
God I do like me a bit of pork now and again.

Gerishnakov:

Daystar Clarion:

Gerishnakov:

Ooh apricots, I don't think I've ever seen a curry with those in!

Ever had poppadoms and pickles?

Mango chutney is my taste mistress.

Have I ever! I love poppadoms and a good set of dips. Do you partake of the dastardly lime pickle? It's an acquired taste that I've learned to like over time.

Lime pickle is a strange beast.

I can't stand the taste of it, yet I can't stop eating it.

Holy shit. I love these threads, and the fact that the next few posts were Daystar derailing his own thread. You beautiful son of a bitch.

brunothepig:
Holy shit. I love these threads, and the fact that the next few posts were Daystar derailing his own thread. You beautiful son of a bitch.

No thread is safe.

Not even my own :D

If you mix good ol english cheddar in with the mash it takes it to a WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL.

I love bangers and mash, so tasty.

xXxJessicaxXx:
If you mix good ol english cheddar in with the mash it takes it to a WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL.

I love bangers and mash, so tasty.

Oh yes.

Yes it does.

My mum adds a layer of cheese to the top of the mash, then crisps it up in the oven.

It's the best thing ever.

Daystar Clarion:

brunothepig:

No thread is safe.

Dammit I'm supposed to be pretending to study! And now I want bangers and mash. Or indeed most of the things posted in this thread. But bangers and mash more than anything else, rest assured Daystar.

Daystar here the situation. Currently infront of me I have a Bangers & Mash. for desert i have a yule log. Can you think of anything more that i can add to the feast i have

oddball250:
Daystar here the situation. Currently infront of me I have a Bangers & Mash. for desert i have a yule log. Can you think of anything more that i can add to the feast i have

A pint of Guinness.

Or if you don't have that, go to the shops and buy some.

Daystar Clarion:

oddball250:

A pint of Guinness.

Heresy! You need a bottle of some good, English, real ale. I recommend London Pride, or possibly my new favourite, Adnams Gunhill.

Gerishnakov:

Daystar Clarion:

oddball250:

A pint of Guinness.

Heresy! You need a bottle of some good, English, real ale. I recommend London Pride, or possibly my new favourite, Adnams Gunhill.

I like a pint of Old Speckled Hen.

It has a picture of a fox on it.

I like foxes.

Rogue 9:

Starik20X6:

Loop Stricken:
I entered this thread expecting the cartoon of the same name. I leave disappointed, and slightly hungrier.

This. And here I was thinking I was the only person who remembered this show ever existed.

"Bangers and Mash! Bangers and Mash! The chimps are imps there ain't no doubt..."

As for the meal, it was more or less the default when I was growing up. Thus for me it has come to symbolise blandness, monotony and a heaping pile of meh.

Woo, I remember Bangers and Mash too! Afternoon TV on ABC after primary school... /happysigh

It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread topic, even though as an Australian of primarily Scottish background I have grown up eating bangers and mash many a time. To be honest though, we more often have barbequed sausages and potatoes (and onion) than bangers and mash.

Sign me up for the Bangers & Mash nostalgia train!

I do like me bangers and mash, though.

Pegghead:

The meat pie is possibly one of the most disgusting things ever created by man, and they taste delicious.

TheBobmus:
Coffee is not tasty, and gives you jitters. Therefore inferior.

Nectar of the gods, I tell you.

*continues sipping whiskey while being amused by the thread*

Daystar you have done it again...

One of my favourite moments explaining food stuffs to the Americans that I (now used to) work with was explaining Bangers and Mash... and trying to explain that British Sausages are different to the ones that they have (as proven by the ones I had in their food places in the 6 months I was with them!)

Nothing can beat a good leek and onion Cumberland, or a pork and stuffing Lancashire! With the right mash, and the right beans/gravy they become one of my favourite meals of all time!

That and Toad in the Hole...! (Or maybe Bubble and Squeak!?)

But, Daystar, I don't want to hypervigilantness skewerwood micrococcaceae.

Daystar Clarion:

brunothepig:

No thread is safe.

And while this thread is off the rails maybe you could explain to me why you guys make pipe smoking so cool looking yet all your tobaccos taste like burning pine needles?

Give me something blended by your potato obsessed neighbors any day.

Mashed potatoes are the Devil.

This is coming from an Irish person.

They're so vile.

Evil, I tells ya, EVIL!

Gerishnakov:

Daystar Clarion:

oddball250:

A pint of Guinness.

Bah, southerners and their 'ale'! A proper Yorkshire dark ale, such as Old Peculier, is the correct choice every time.

robmastaflex:

Gerishnakov:

Daystar Clarion:

A pint of Guinness.

Bah, southerners and their 'ale'! A proper Yorkshire dark ale, such as Old Peculier, is the correct choice every time.

I agree, Theakstons is the best ale, much better than pedigree or Adams. Saying that though, I do like a nice malty beer. Something with some hair on its balls.

As I recall, there's a restaurant in Oxford called the Big Bang that serve absolutely exquisite bangers and mash. They have awards for it and everything. If only I lived in Oxford...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked