Brace Yourselves... the sh**storm is coming

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Saw this coming. Then again, every time I hear about a murder I think that they're going to say that. I'm half expecting it always. It's always blame video games... or blame music.

Now we're going to get a moral panic about "those damn vidya games." I'll just say it now, people are bunch of ignorant asshats with their heads buried up their sandy asses.

Expect Fox News to blame the violence on video games instead of ultra-conservative xenophobia and political hatred. Because it couldn't possibly due to anything that fox news partakes in, no sir. It must be those awful, awful, evil video games!

It's all ok guys, I got the popcorn.

In other news I fully expect the Escapist covering the media responce to this, and a wave of "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" comments.

A Satanic Panda:

In other news I fully expect the Escapist covering the media responce to this, and a wave of "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" comments.

Solid effort, but where's the cold beverages?!

A Satanic Panda:

This Just In:
A rash of "not wanting to live on this planet anymore" has swept the nation. Could it be tied to those video games? Could there be secret subliminal apathy messages hidden in Paper Mario?

More after O'Reilly!

Dun dun DUUUN!!!

Ah yes, he got the shooting abilities from MW2 and from WoW he got... the swag? Well, we better trust CNN, after all who'd be a bigger expert than 60 year-old news editors.

Quaxar:
Ah yes, he got the shooting abilities from MW2 and from WoW he got... the swag? Well, we better trust CNN, after all who'd be a bigger expert than 60 year-old news editors.

Mob management? The art of kiting? Looting? Crafting? He was one of those dicks that would camp low level towns?

Back on Topic:
I wish just once they would put someone on the news that says. "Well, this guys an idiot." This is one of the rare instances where executing the guy would be too nice... unless by execution you meant toss into the Mariana Trench.

overpuce:

A Satanic Panda:

This Just In:
A rash of "not wanting to live on this planet anymore" has swept the nation. Could it be tied to those video games? Could there be secret subliminal apathy messages hidden in Paper Mario?

More after O'Reilly!

Dun dun DUUUN!!!

Coming to you live! Biologist have analyzed this new immune-response and now call this phenomenon: Melodram Patheticism

Political analyst note that this may be an act of communism.

Wait, he learned to shoot from MW2? I didn't know guns worked that way. Lucky me, I must be an expert now. I still don't see how WOW helps pull off a massacre like that, but that's just me.

Ugh the modern day bug bear

In no perticular order bug bears throughout history

Video games
Music
TV series
Films
Radio
Grammer phones
Theatres
Poetry
Literture

Cave drawings? i dunno i got bored but yeah everyone likes a scape goat and refuses to take the consequences for their actions

Rastien:

Video games
Music
TV series
Films
Radio
Grammer phones
Theatres
Poetry
Literture

Cave drawings? i dunno i got bored but yeah everyone likes a scape goat and refuses to take the consequences for their actions

You forgot dancing, holding hands, as well as Magic the Gathering.

God dammit. This fucking media will be all over this. And how the fuck does WoW (one of my favorite games) have to do with pulling off massacres and shooting people. God damn journalists just adding that shit in there and trying to squeeze as many video games out to put bad light on. What's next, he fucking played Skyrim which taugt him to kill people too? Fuck this man /yesiverymadVERYVERYmad

overpuce:

Rastien:

Video games
Music
TV series
Films
Radio
Grammer phones
Theatres
Poetry
Literture

Harry potter to! :P

I'm confused as to how CoD trains a person to shoot a real gun at living people...I suppose I must be an expert at stomping turtles to death and playing a guitar then.

They didn't make that big of a deal out of it. He just said he used it for training and he probably thought he did. The guy's insane. If he had said that he trained by shooting cans in his back garden for 16 hours a day that probably would've been the title.

The guys killed 77 people, I don't think the court, or the media, care too much about the video games, it was just something to pick up on for the title. The rest of the argument just talks about his ultranationalist beliefs.

I'll post what I put in the thread on the gaming discussion

Anyway, this'll just be more fuel to the fire of the people who keep on going "Video games are bad". However, they were going to find that fuel one way or another anyway.

However, if I ever go on a killing spree I'm going to blame it on something like pop music or reality TV, just to see if the same sort of thing happens to those topics as it does to video games (highly unlikely)

Off-topic: I don't suppose anybody knows why whenever I put in a couple of apostrophes or quotation marks, it changes everything between them into token#0 or something along those lines?

Nigh Invulnerable:
I'm confused as to how CoD trains a person to shoot a real gun at living people...I suppose I must be an expert at stomping turtles to death and playing a guitar then.

Ssh! Don't you know that logic isn't allowed in the media? Why use common sense and the facts when you can make sweeping generalizations about a large group of people for better ratings

Andy Shandy:
I'll post what I put in the thread on the gaming discussion

Does this make me a bad person if I laughed at that?

overpuce:

This Just In:

More after O'Reilly!

Dun dun DUUUN!!!

Final conclusion: Futurama is the source of every murder in the world and the sole reason Hitler, Stalin and some random dude who lived two houses away from Jesus was born!

Wow, what a surprise, video games being blamed for violence??? Who would have thought??? I honestly don't think anyone saw this coming /sarcasm
Doesn't matter, popular media is always being blamed for stuff. People don't like to accept that humans are just messed up. It'll all blow over fairly soon, in the meantime best just to ignore them. Haters gonna hate and all that :P

i could sole all these problems with a gun a bullet and a flight to Norway...
just saying

also this is a bit of a late bandwagin, this guy said this a long time ago and is just repeating it in the trial, he has also attacked wow, music, films basically everything people get touchy on because he is trying to get as much attention as possible and we should not give him that attention, we should just kill the bastard and move on, even giving him a trial is questionable given his situation and whay he is capable of

overpuce:

Quaxar:

Mob management? The art of kiting? Looting? Crafting? He was one of those dicks that would camp low level towns?

Or even...finding his body again after being killed by police to save on money?

I was going to make a joke about the death sentence and OMA noobtubers here, but thats to tasteless even by my standards.

To be honest MW2 strikes me as a pretty shitty way to practice your shooting skills. Considering you can get hit by bullets designed to take out fucking vehicles and be fine 3 seconds later...

Whatever. Lets see if they even bother to try blaming video games for this.

xSKULLY:
i could sole all these problems with a gun a bullet and a flight to Norway...
just saying

Yeah, all they need to do is shoot him and all 77 victims will magically be alive and well again. And the European right wing would collapse. And children in Africa would stop starving, and Obama would give everyone a blowjob machine for free. Right?

It's a shame it doesn't work the other way around.

I trained to shoot in the army, I was pretty good at it (obviously, i'm still alive) yet I was shit at MW2.

Then again, Matrix taught me how to dodge bullets.

Seriously, they are waaaay out of touch that instead of just throwing him in prison without any more media coverage for his extremist, insane and, frankly, retarded ramblings and views, and the murder of all those people, they are trying to... Actually, I don't know what they are trying to do, but bringing video games into the whole equation is a blatant disregard and lack of respect for ANY medium, because if they so easily blame video games they can blame everything else just as effortlessly.

We don't need more news about him, his poison shouldn't be allowed to spread and, I don't know, some random guy shoots more innocents because he got "inspired" from this lunatic or something.

Well he also said in his manifesto that while videogames were good for 'the basics', there was no substitution for firing live weapons, and going to firing ranges and practicing was by far the best way to train yourself to kill.

So sure, take away my videogames, but first you'll have to ban all household weapons, hunting clubs and shooting ranges. And since we all know how much Fox news loves them the second amendment (I hear Bill O'reilly has it tatooed to his bum inside a big heart)

If Fox News begin calling videogames training tools and calling for restrictions I say we spam their comments telling them that's fine, but first they have to ban the worst offender first: Their guns.

imahobbit4062:

A Satanic Panda:

Solid effort, but where's the cold beverages?!

Don't worry I gotcha covered:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

xSKULLY:
i could solve all these problems with a gun a bullet and a flight to Norway...
just saying

Yeah, all they need to do is shoot him and all 77 victims will magically be alive and well again. And the European right wing would collapse. And children in Africa would stop starving, and Obama would give everyone a blowjob machine for free. Right?

im not claiming to have a magic gun that shoots miracles im just saying he's better of dead than in prison and in my opinion he deserves the death sentence.

this is me being level headed if i was being cruel or a asshole about it i wouldn't shoot him in the head i would start at his toes and work my way up...but im not any of those i just recognize that the world would be a better and safer place without that piece of shit in it.

what else are we ment to do? chuck in him jail ha have taxpayers paying money to keep him alive after he killed innocent students, put him in a place were he can influence already violent people to his cause and a place were he may escape, no i dont trust him in prison and he doesn't deserve to go to prison.

xSKULLY:

im not claiming to have a magic gun that shoots miracles im just saying he's better of dead than in prison and in my opinion he deserves the death sentence.

this is me being level headed if i was being cruel or a asshole about it i wouldn't shoot him in the head i would start at his toes and work my way up...but im not any of those i just recognize that the world would be a better and safer place without that piece of shit in it.

what else are we ment to do? chuck in him jail ha have taxpayers paying money to keep him alive after he killed innocent students, put him in a place were he can influence already violent people to his cause and a place were he may escape, no i dont trust him in prison and he doesn't deserve to go to prison.

If we kill him, we create a martyr. That's what he wants, it's the point of the whole "Release me or kill me" dribble he recently spouted. Look at how he talks of his actions,

Breivik boasted Tuesday that he had carried out "the most sophisticated and spectacular political attack in Europe since World War II" when he went on his gun-and-bomb rampage.

He doesn't want to be released or pardoned, he wants to become a right-wing hero, for people to rally around and be inspired by, so they will rise up and throw all the Muslims out of his country (and whoever else he has deemed undesirable)

Tragedy's Rebellion:

We don't need more news about him, his poison shouldn't be allowed to spread and, I don't know, some random guy shoots more innocents because he got "inspired" from this lunatic or something.

Tragedy's got it spot on. By the media and us focusing on this guy we give him power, we give him influence, and there will be people looking at his actions, thinking "He had the right idea" and maybe then seeking to follow his lead. What needs to happen is for him to be forgotten about. Press coverage needs to be made boring and concise, we don't need the details of his beliefs or motives or convictions blasted over the airwaves because that will just create copycats and gain support for his movement.

Don't kill him, you will only make him look dangerous and edgy. Like we are scared of him. Stick him in prison and let him rot to nothing, and as he rots so will his cause, and knowing that he has achieved nothing will be harder for him to bear than execution or torture.

This vid, although about school shooters, is relevant to the negative influence of the current media storm.

oh good he played modern warfare 2 and WoW... that won't have any impact on the video game media at all.

Hero in a half shell:

xSKULLY:

If we kill him, we create a martyr. That's what he wants, it's the point of the whole "Release me or kill me" dribble he recently spouted. Look at how he talks of his actions,

Breivik boasted Tuesday that he had carried out "the most sophisticated and spectacular political attack in Europe since World War II" when he went on his gun-and-bomb rampage.

He doesn't want to be released or pardoned, he wants to become a right-wing hero, for people to rally around and be inspired by, so they will rise up and throw all the Muslims out of his country (and whoever else he has deemed undesirable)

i know full well he wants to become a martyr but ill take a martyr over a extremist every day of the week, especially if that extremist is put in a place were he can influence others (prison)

also i have 0 fear of these scum bags and i will not let them pressure me into not killing them because "my friends will take revenge" i know a pacifist will probably come at me with the cycle of violence argument but you know what bring it on i will kill your buddies to because the day we fear terrorism and let terrorist's dictate our actions is the day terrorist's win.

xSKULLY:

Yes, thats exactly what we should do. Put him in prison and never let him out again.

Kill him, and you make him a martyr. THAT would let him influence more people than you can imagine. In prison, what is he going to do? Convince other people who also have death sentences that he was right? ...Who gives a shit?

Giving him the death sentence will do more harm than good.

overpuce:
-

Your avatar makes it uncomfortable for me to use this website in school.....

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

xSKULLY:

Yes, thats exactly what we should do. Put him in prison and never let him out again.

Kill him, and you make him a martyr. THAT would let him influence more people than you can imagine. In prison, what is he going to do? Convince other people who also have death sentences that he was right? ...Who gives a shit?

Giving him the death sentence will do more harm than good.

i know full well he wants to become a martyr but ill take a martyr over a extremist every day of the week, especially if that extremist is put in a place were he can influence others (prison)

also i have 0 fear of these scum bags and i will not let them pressure me into not killing them because "my friends will take revenge" i know a pacifist will probably come at me with the cycle of violence argument but you know what bring it on i will kill your buddies to because the day we fear terrorism and let terrorist's dictate our actions is the day terrorist's win.

also im interested to hear from people in norway exactly how many people other their are anti muslim and have been influenced by this man instead of seeing him for what he is, a coward who kills innocent children

Norway doesn't "believe" in death sentences and their maximum verdict is 21 years in prison where it's like a spa resort compared to every other prison in the world. I'm not exactly sure what we are supposed to "do" with him, the damage is already done. We CAN brand him insane and never let him out of the asylum and hope nobody is looking to follow in his footsteps. That's pretty much all we can do.

Rastien:

overpuce:

Rastien:

Video games
Music
TV series
Films
Radio
Grammer phones
Theatres
Poetry
Literture

Harry potter to! :P

And witchcraft and pretty much anything we don't understand.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked