Brace Yourselves... the sh**storm is coming

Pages PREV 1 2 3

ElPatron:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Not allowing people to take sharp objects on a plane seems like a good idea to me. But hey, I guess sensible stuff like that means the terrorists have won, right? Time to watch more Fox news...

Considering how Air Marshals in the United States carry a Sig Sauer P229 in .357 SIG, and...

More than 10% of pilots are allowed to carry a firearm into flights in the US, according to TSA.

I'm sorry, you thought that box cutter would be a menacing weapon in a plane? Not even the world's best knife fighter would want to take on 200 passengers in an enclosed space.

And thanks for the Fox News comment, because it only shows how you prefer to hide behind your ignorance and make statements about my media allegiance.

What do you watch? NBC or CBS and their liberal bullshit? That's right, I can imply you watch channels your country doesn't even air too! Doesn't mean I made my point and I am only taking a cheap shot by doing so.

Just took my box cutter out. When a lady came by asking me if I wanted to buy a snack, I grabbed her and held the box cutter to her throat.

I now have a hostage and can use that as leverage to take control of the plane.

"I havent thought about this for more than 2 seconds" - You.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

ElPatron:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
-snip-

i got my information on prison from my mother who inspects a high security prison (like what he would go to) and it has got its fair share of viloent xenophobes and racist's in and from watching the guy on the news its my opinion that despite the fact he is terrible, he has good public speaking skills and could probably get some very nasty people to join his cause while inside.

also its the morality of it, i dislike it when people like him get tax payer's money spent to keep them alive but we cant afford to help vulnerable people in our own countries or abroad, as i said before prison is to good for him (and is actually very ineffective against criminals but i could talk all day about how the prison system is flawed and that would go way off topic)

however this is all in hypothetical's and nether one of us can prove with evidence that our way is better, however i do enjoy debating politic's :)

And obviously, the answer to all our problems is to just kill everybody who resembles Breivik. Lets just ignore the consequences, we have to stand strong in the face of terrorism! And if that means acting stupid, so be it! And if we make shit even worse, who cares? We can say we stood strong. Obviously more important than public wellbeing.

Sorry, but I cant answer your posts seriously, Skully and Al. Your views are too far gone.

woah woah woah i did not say that i'm a mass murderer who kills anyone, i have looked at the case and decided that for the reasons i have stated this man deserves the death penalty and should get the death penalty i did not say that "all terrorist should die hang the consequences" i said that in this case whatever we do will have negative repercussions but i think that the best thing to do is to kill him, hell i have argued just as adamantly against the torture and/or murder of some terrorist's.

also what do you think is more important than protecting the public? (i am genuinely interested)

RedBird:

You'd be amazed how long you can keep someone alive in a state of agony.

Even better example would be American POWs that were left in Vietnam. Left there, in the jungle, to rot for years enduring torture by the NVA.

Idea: Donate the guy to the Vietnamese Army so that they have hold classes on how to treat future POWs.

Tanner The Monotone:

overpuce:
-

Your avatar makes it uncomfortable for me to use this website in school.....

So you're telling me that I should change my avatar that is my avate ++? Because if you ask for it, I can animate it.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Just took my box cutter out. When a lady came by asking me if I wanted to buy a snack, I grabbed her and held the box cutter to her throat.

>more than 200 people on the plane
>risk hundreds of lives to save a stewardess who will die anyway
>TERRORIST LOGIC!

Captcha:

Yes it is, Captcha.

Yeah I totally learned how to hide behind a chest high wall until my health regenerated to 100% by playing shooters all day.

ElPatron:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

>more than 200 people on the plane
>risk hundreds of lives to save a stewardess who will die anyway
>TERRORIST LOGIC!

Actually its UN logic, but the two are virtually the same anyway.

The Human Torch:

imahobbit4062:

A Satanic Panda:
It's all ok guys, I got the popcorn.

In other news I fully expect the Escapist covering the media responce to this, and a wave of "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" comments.

Solid effort, but where's the cold beverages?!

Done:
This is going to be one hell of a shitstorm, better put on your seatbelts and set your chair to maximum recline.

What if my chair doesn't recline?

"Players of the game, one of the "Call of Duty" series, work together as soldiers to shoot opponents."

They could at least specify that the opponents are also other gamers playing as soldiers.

It looks like you guys are making a bigger deal out of this Modern Warfare thing than CNN is. I mean, it's mentioned in just one sentence in the rather long article.

Final First:

The Human Torch:

Done:
This is going to be one hell of a shitstorm, better put on your seatbelts and set your chair to maximum recline.

What if my chair doesn't recline?

Then God help us all.

Hero in a half shell:

Buckle your seatbelt, it's time for a HISTORY LESSON!

As an Irishman, I have to say this, There was several years of Tension caused by unjust treatment of Catholics from 1920's to the 1960's in which the Protestant population took total control of the power in the new State. The troubles were more about Civil rights then Reunification as Catholics knew that they most likely couldn't change the Minds of the Unionist's so they tried to to merely gain equal rights. It was at a parade in Derry where Unionists threw coins at Watching Catholics when they said "Fuck this!" and threw some fire bombs back. How the IRA fits into things, with the Unrest, they were able to demand Reunification.

Thought I clear that up a bit.

Edit: Example

overpuce:

RedBird:

You'd be amazed how long you can keep someone alive in a state of agony.

Even better example would be American POWs that were left in Vietnam. Left there, in the jungle, to rot for years enduring torture by the NVA.

Idea: Donate the guy to the Vietnamese Army so that they have hold classes on how to treat future POWs.

Tanner The Monotone:

overpuce:
-

Your avatar makes it uncomfortable for me to use this website in school.....

So you're telling me that I should change my avatar that is my avate ++? Because if you ask for it, I can animate it.

You don't have to change anything if you don't want to. It's a funny picture and I know the reference.

I don't know why people keep referencing Fox News when it's clear that this is a CNN story that talked about his video game playing ways.

Oh, wait, yes I do. It's a "narrative." Fox News(AKA "the bad guys") is biased and crazy and archaic and all the other news operations(AKA "the good guys") are solid truth tellers that only want to tell you the truth about truth and stuff and things that are good. This meme filters through into the viewers of Fox News(AKA "the bad guys that prop up the bad guys") as a bunch of biased, crazy, and archaic conservatives. This way, you can de-humanize your ideological opponents by simply pointing to the narrative that the "bad guys" are making this point, so it's clearly wrong. After this becomes "common wisdom" you don't even have to defend your beliefs. You can just say "well, Fox News viewers disagree" and now everyone is on the same page, because Fox News is the bad guys and you wouldn't want to agree with the bad guys, would you?

Maxism sure is fun. Especially when it gets to the reeducation camps part.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

xSKULLY:
what else are we ment to do? chuck in him jail ha have taxpayers paying money to keep him alive after he killed innocent students, put him in a place were he can influence already violent people to his cause and a place were he may escape, no i dont trust him in prison and he doesn't deserve to go to prison.

Yes, thats exactly what we should do. Put him in prison and never let him out again.

Kill him, and you make him a martyr. THAT would let him influence more people than you can imagine. In prison, what is he going to do? Convince other people who also have death sentences that he was right? ...Who gives a shit?

Giving him the death sentence will do more harm than good.

I agree in principle, however I also believe that a life sentence in prison could also act in a similar manner as the death sentence. He is still a potential figurehead of this movement. Lets face it, how many political prisoners over the years have led movements from behind bars?

I believe the punishment which would be most devastating for him would be to be found insane and be committed. Although this would not seem like a just punishment for his crimes, it would completely invalidate his political arguments and manifesto and cheapen the message he is attempting to give.

dyre:
It looks like you guys are making a bigger deal out of this Modern Warfare thing than CNN is. I mean, it's mentioned in just one sentence in the rather long article.

To be fair it has been mentioned by just about every major news outlet and has formulated headlines even if the content of the articles barely reference it.

Triangulon:

dyre:

To be fair it has been mentioned by just about every major news outlet and has formulated headlines even if the content of the articles barely reference it.

Eh, as far as I've seen, the media hasn't been making too big a deal out of it (depends on whether you get your media from Escapist or BBC, I guess). And he really did make the claim, so they're not pulling that information out of their asses!

Besides, he already said he used MW2 to train back when he was arrested, so if there was a shit storm coming, it'd already be here :P

now i know why people do drugs and go to space! i want off this planet!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here