So Bronies, your thoughts on MLP:FiM season 2.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I thought it was fantastic. I just LOVED how spot on they are with emotions, the way twilight reacted to the reunion with the princess was near shocking. It's hard to believe your watching a show about cartoon pony's!And the comfort scene, priceless.

My favorite 2nd season episode is probably Luna eclipsed, because Luna is just awesome and I enjoyed the spin on halloween. Least favorite is probably, "May the best pet win!" It was merely decent in my opinion.

It was beutiful, also the villan song was great.

I think that season 2 was a big improvement.
Season 1 was a damned good show, but a lot of time was spent on introductions, several of the plots were cheezy or predictable, etc. I liked the show, and was proud to be a part of the community that made the internet love and tolerate, but it was far from the greatest thing ever.

The second season got rid of almost everything I didn't like, and made the good parts even better. I don't know if it was more experience on the part of the writers, the ability to react to the responses of the fans, just running out of cliche'd plots, or some combination thereof, but I loved almost every episode in the second season and there was almost nothing I managed to dislike.
And after watching the royal wedding for the third time, I have two things to say:
This may very well be the best episode ever.
Queen Chrysalis is absolutely adorable.

Well... I gotta say, the Season 2 finale was possibly the best finale I've ever seen for a T.V. show. Seriously, it had everything you could have wanted for a finale (Big battles, big emotions, decent songs, old characters brought back for shits n' giggles, Threatening villain). Yes, it was PAINFULLY obvious of what was going to happen (Happy princess in flash back, mega bitch in present = changeling/magic spell), but who cares? It was a fun ride even knowing how it was going to go down.
totally subtle-hinting that I would love a cliff-hanger ending at some point... but that's just me.

And, of course:
Favorite: The return of Harmony - because Discord was just plain fun while still being a credible threat, and CLIFF HANGER ENDING! Runner-ups would have to be Luna Eclipsed and Sweet and Elite (Luna is best princess, and, despite what the blasphemers say RARITY IS BEST PONY!).

Least-favorite episode: Secret of my Excess, Dragon Quest and Hearth's Warming Eve.
Sorry Spike...

JaceArveduin:
Hey, was there always a pink bubble around Canterlot? I may be crazy, but as soon as I saw that I thought of FO:E...

No, you're not the only one. Duktape and I spent awhile talking about that. Bypass spells and Alicorn shields are now cannon, apparently.

On topic, I thought the finale kicked much ass. The music was top notch, the plot was entirely out of nowhere, Cadance is beautiful...Easily the best of the season.

My complaint, spoiled for people who've not yet seen it.

Best finale I've ever seen ever from any show ever forever.
I mean...
Wow, I can't even get over it. I mean, it was about a WEDDING! Surely this would be the one episode where it is most befitting for little gir- Nope, swarm of evil love-devouring monsters, ok.

A a casual watcher I thought it was Meh overall but ok at parts.

In my view while Season 2 was great and all but I felt it was abit less glimmer compare to season 1 which is expected (I mean season 2 in any shows sometime perform less than great compared to season 1).

Don't get me wrong I still love the show and get excited for next new episode but the overall season made me missed some aspect from season 1.

Yes I fully aware that they were trying to be different by letting the other mane 6 write out their friendship reports instead of Twilight all the time which had lead to some great character development episodes (like Read It and Weep and Sister Hoove Social).

However the downside to this is that I started to miss the other characters appearance in it (like The Last Round Up and MMMystery on the Friendship Express and a couple of others were the only time all of the mane 6 had appear and given equal amount of screen time).

Also I felt that the order of the episodes were strange like it sort of given two specific character driven episode in a row (e.g. Sister Hoove Social and Sweet and Elite) instead of spread it out evenly (Fluttershy episodes appear near the end of the season).

Lastly I felt the season 2 Friendship Report/ moral had little to do with Frienship at all or it had no referring to friendship. Ok yes season 1 had a few not directly related to friendship but I think season 2 had more non friendship related lessons. Yes the lessons were still good, it just not related to Friend (e.g. what does handling something outweight your desire from Baby Cakes and being pround of your homeland from Sweet and Elite got to do with friendship?)

Granted the good thing about season 2 were the return of the secondary characters like Princess Luna and Zecroa and given a surpise to the fan with Derpy despite some of the Derpy haters out there. Also the songs were fantastic if not better than season 1.

Yes the final two episodes did went out with a blast! Also my favourite episodes were A Freind In Deed, Sister Hoove Social and The Last Roundup and my least favourite episodes was The Mysterious Mare Do Well Heart and Hooves day (I just the CMC couldn't hold an episode on their own and Twilight was barely in it).

ToastiestZombie:
Snip

Speaking as a brony myself, we tend to keep these threads to the user group. When pony threads get into the general forums, it usually turns into all out war.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic

(Anyone who joins, turn chat notifications off. The group is very active).

That said, I thought the finale was amazing. but then I got sad when I realized that I have to wait god knows how long for season 3.

ToastiestZombie:

No, why shouldn't bronies be allowed to have a thread at the end of season 2...

Because MLP is lame. Also, because it causes huge threads of pointless arguing. I agree with the guy. This is a fairly obvious attempt at trolling.

I've been bitched at and warned for posting a thread with a much less inflammatory topic. So the real question is, why should you be allowed to do the same?

The finale was pretty cool but some of the lines were horrible.I loved the fight scene.Pinkie using her party cannon to fight. so awesome.

Overall i liked season 2 more than season 1.

DRes82:

ToastiestZombie:

Because MLP is lame. Also, because it causes huge threads of pointless arguing. I agree with the guy. This is a fairly obvious attempt at trolling.

I've been bitched at and warned for posting a thread with a much less inflammatory topic. So the real question is, why should you be allowed to do the same?

The only way this turns into a flame war is if somebody intolerant comes in here. This was made to actually discuss the finale not to troll

Macgyvercas:

ToastiestZombie:
Snip

Speaking as a brony myself, we tend to keep these threads to the user group. When pony threads get into the general forums, it usually turns into all out war.

That said, I thought the finale was amazing. but then I got sad when I realized that I have to wait god knows how long for season 3.

As I said, any sort of discussion is very hard on the user group. This one hasn't turned into a war, so yeah.

DRes82:

ToastiestZombie:

How about I just wanted to hear what fellow bronies thought of season 2?

Also
>Says MLP threads cause pointless arguing
>Makes a pointless argument, since the guy who made that post was just asking a question, you are bringing your opinion into it.

ToastiestZombie:

Macgyvercas:

ToastiestZombie:
Snip

As I said, any sort of discussion is very hard on the user group. This one hasn't turned into a war, so yeah.

Hmmm...Maybe we could petition the tech team to put sub-forums in the user groups...

Where the heck was luna during this whole thing lol?

Macgyvercas:

ToastiestZombie:

Macgyvercas:

Hmmm...Maybe we could petition the tech team to put sub-forums in the user groups...

I recall that being suggested a while back actually, but it never materialised. Might be worth another try, I guess.

As for season 2, I thought it was excellent towards the start and end, but slightly less excellent in the middle (still enjoyable, just not brilliant). My favourite episode of the season is...really difficult to choose, but my least favourite would probably be Family Appreciation Day, which was rather unmemorable.

Season 2 was really good overall. Sure, I felt there were some pretty weak episodes. (I personally didn't really like the Christmas special or The Cutie Pox, they just didn't click with me for some reason) But there were far more good episodes that made up for them. Like A Friend in Deed, Luna Eclipsed, Hearts and Hooves Day,Secrets of my Excess, and of course A Royal Canterlot Wedding.

Season 2 overall was a success and it leaves me curious to what the creators are going to do with Season 3.

BabyRaptor:

JaceArveduin:
Hey, was there always a pink bubble around Canterlot? I may be crazy, but as soon as I saw that I thought of FO:E...

No, you're not the only one. Duktape and I spent awhile talking about that. Bypass spells and Alicorn shields are now cannon, apparently.

On topic, I thought the finale kicked much ass. The music was top notch, the plot was entirely out of nowhere, Cadance is beautiful...Easily the best of the season.

My complaint, spoiled for people who've not yet seen it.

That's what I originally thought,

Aidinthel:

Caramel Frappe:
That seems troublesome for me.. because I used to be a Brony but now I am just a fan.

Pretty sure he's using the definition that includes all fans of the show. It'd be pretty dumb to exclude everyone but the most hardcore fans.

Radoh:
Also, Discord and Chrysalis need to get together for some super-villain shenanigans.

rolfo imagine if they both appeared in one episode?

As for me:
Most loved: the final 2, secret of my excess, lesson zero, luna, lesson zero, and bla bla bla.

least loved: none really, i like most of the 2 episodes one way or another.

Now for a few months, or years, or decades before the 3rd season (what it feels like.)

Discord Vs Chrysalis would be awesome

JaceArveduin:

That's what I originally thought,

That's another thing I noticed...His and Cadance's magic colours need to be switched. Unless that's just a side effect of falling in love; adopting their aura.

kenu12345:

Apparently she sleeps somewhere not Canterlot. In the beginning of the episode, you see her enter the shield to take over for Celestia.

I don't care how heavy a sleeper you are...You'd have to be dead to sleep through that racket.

requisitename:

ToastiestZombie:
If you are not a brony, please go away since this thread is not for you at all.

Not a "brony" and I don't normally say anything in these threads, but, jeez. If you know that people are going to be annoyed by a thread to the point where you feel the first thing you must do is tell them to do is go away, why make it? There's a user group that you're a part of where you can discuss precisely this with a bunch of other people who want to discuss things like this with you. The only reason I can possibly see that you (since you obviously know about the user group) would post this here is to annoy people who don't like MLP/MLP threads.

So.. well done, I guess?

I agree with this, how DARE someone make a thread in the off topic forum, its just rude, I mean, no one should ever post anything about anything, how dare someone ask a question. Its like asking about a video game in the video game forums, it just clogs it up, it needs to be pristine and not soiled by dirty user hands.

I've seen a few episodes of season 2 and it seemed pretty good, Rarity is still awesome.

I disliked the season finale the most. Why? Because the plot went like this:
"I totally have a brother. Let me TELL you all about how much I love him!"
"Candace is awesome! Let me TELL you all about her!"

ToastiestZombie:

DRes82:

ToastiestZombie:

How about I just wanted to hear what fellow bronies thought of season 2?

Also
>Says MLP threads cause pointless arguing
>Makes a pointless argument, since the guy who made that post was just asking a question, you are bringing your opinion into it.

Trully, the trolliest of the trolls.

OT: I stopped watching after the MGS episode. It just doesn't have the right feel to it. Plus it would have been better to go for a Sam Fisher reference instead of a Snake reference. I liked John de Lancie's appearance as Discord, but the rest of the season was so forgettable that I can't remember it now.

Also, I hate the cutie mark crusaders, for what it's worth.

I loved it. You'd think a villain or a plot twist like that would've been leaked! I loved Chrysalis. Seriously, amazing character design. My top three are now along the lines of Trixie (FOREVER), Cadence and Chrysalis. If she counts anyways, if not then Pinkie.

Season two was great. After starting off with a two-parter premiere with John deLancie playing Discord, we had Twilight going crazy and the end of the moral driven episodes, Luna's reappearance, and a few other fantastic episodes. The Mysterious Mare Do Well brought out the worst of us, but soon after we had dismissed it as much better material was being released. Ending with a bang, season two was great. Not quite as good as the season one, but just as entertaining. Season two had some ups and downs, but was overall enjoyable and still better than most shows on TV today.

My favourite episode was the second half of the finale, I didn't think it was going to be good, but it blew me away with how fantastic and awesome it was. I thought for sure nothing could beat the Discord two-parter!

My least favourite was (obviously) The Mysterious Mare Do Well. Aside from the obvious issues, it was just plain stupid. The main reason it sucked so bad was because Applejack told Rainbow Dash that "but a real hero doesn't brag" at the end of the episode, but earlier on she was doing just that! All of them EXCEPT Rainbow Dash were bragging so bad!

"Gotta hand it to the girl, that Mare Do Well sure can pull off some pretty heroic feats" ~Applejack

"I must say, I was impressed by that spell she used to fix the dam. Seems like something like that would take quite a bit of study"
~Twilight Sparkle

"Have you seen her costume, it is to die for! If you ask me she is a hero of fashion"
~Rarity

Gimme a break, she the moral is, just be better than everyone else and show off as much as you can, while trying to make others feel bad about themselves? What were you thinking Studio B?

As much as I liked season 1 and some of season 2 I felt that the season finale didn't feel right since to me it felt like it was trying to be almost like a Disney movie with more than just one song let alone the plot of the episode was a little more predictable than the other episodes and some characters felt useless than others when in previous episodes they proved more their worth.

Also I don't mind friendship and kindness but I'm not a big fan of an episode becoming more sappy than others.

To be honest I preferred season 2 to season 1. Although there isn't an episode that I don't like.

captcha: face the music
I think I will. Cheers, captcha.

I was expecting something good, but it blew my expectations out of the water. Now lets hope season three has more saving the day material and less focusing on two chracters.

I thought season 2 got off to a bit of a rough start after the big The Return of Harmony opener (I'm not a big fan how Twilight's focus episodes tend to be about her obsessing and going nuts), but then it went on to improve dramatically... both in the story and song departments.

Sisterhooves Social (episode 5) was the first episode to stand out as a fantastic "regular" episode, and has remained one of my favorites for this season. Their various focus episodes have made me appreciate the Cutie Mark Crusaders even more, and it has been lovely to see more of their relationships with their families... which makes it even more annoying that Scootaloo's family situation is entirely unknown still.

I'm glad Rarity's drama queen attitude was turned down a notch after Lesson Zero, but I'm also glad that Pinkie Pie's zaniness went up further this season... and that she still managed to have those really emotional moments in Baby Cakes and A Friend in Deed.

Finally, I was immensely happy with that the show got to end its second season with a 2-parter bang. The Best Night Ever was cool and all, but it was nice to get something "bigger" as a farewell this time around. (Not to mention all the blatant fanservice and the expansion of the series mythos with additional world-building. I'm glad that I managed to avoid spoilers beyond the obvious "royal wedding" thing Hasbro has been advertising for months.)

And that's about as much as I can see myself tapping down at the moment. Looking forward to season 3.

EDIT: And, yes, there is the issue of the sudden introduction of childhood friends and family, but to be fair this is exceedingly common for children's shows, and even for the supposedly more mature comic book series like Spider-Man. It was explained that the two had been separated for a long time, and she had so many new friends and other things to think about in Ponyville.

Heck, I know for a fact that the friends I have contact with on a regular basis don't know crap about the childhood friends that I hold dear in their absence from my life.

Moral of the season 2 finale: Upgrade to cracklings. Or fail.

Season 2 is better in every conceivable way.

"Did I miss anything?" Trolololo

I liked it. It was more energetic and had more serious moments then Season 1 while still giving a ton of laughs. The Finale was freaking amazing. Big bombastic battles, a great Villain song, a great and creepy new villain design, every one of the Mane Six got a good moment or two. And speaking of which every one got a good episode of two. Favorite episodes from this season:

Luna Eclipsed

Super Cider Squeeze 6000

Baby Cakes

The Return of Harmony

And of course the Season Finale. A Canterlott war....ehhh Wedding. Yeah wedding. Totally not a fake out when the Changeling's invade.

kiwi_poo:
It had its highs and lows. Overall, not as good as Season 1, but some episodes were brilliant.

Though I never really got where the Changelings came from. Was there previous mention of them, or did they (writers) pull them (Changelings) out of their (writers') asses?

The changelings have always been there. Look in the background. Those Colgate duplicates? They're changelings. An extra Lyra? She's a changeling. Bon Bon showing up somewhere she shouldn't be? Changeling. Why do you think they were able to launch an attack on Equestria's capital without anypony else noticing? They have a vast network of informants and sleeper agents, an entire army hiding right under Celestia's nose. There are no continuity errors in MLP:FIM, no animation glitches, no lazy animators. Every mistake we thought we caught was just a changeling being careless. But they're not gone, and they will strike again, and we'll never see it coming.

But yeah, after that finale my head is explosions of rainbows for pretty much all the reasons already mentioned. Least favorite episode of the season would probably be Mare Do Well, favorite would be Hearth's Warming Eve. Great season everypony, fingers crossed season three will be even better!

BabyRaptor:

kenu12345:

Apparently she sleeps somewhere not Canterlot. In the beginning of the episode, you see her enter the shield to take over for Celestia.

I don't care how heavy a sleeper you are...You'd have to be dead to sleep through that racket.

I figure she sleeps on the moon for whatever reason, since that's where she seems to emerge from in both Luna Eclipsed and the finale.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked