What would you name your children?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

This is just pure curiosity on my part. I was wondering if anyone on here has given thought as to what they would name their kids, if they decide to have children.
Now, I have a few ideas for female names, but no males as of yet. I would probably name my firstborn daughter "Lilly" (as my avatar can attest), and another girl as "Grace", after one of my favorite songs. Still, I can't think of any good male names at the moment.

What about you guys?

I have a little boy already, he's a year and a half, named Malcolm Flynn (Flynn means "son of a red haired man" because I'm a ginger). If we have a girl, her name will be D'arcy Rebekah.

1,2,3 etc etc

Just give them a number, remove all humanity from them.

If I have a son his first name will be John (Like myself, my father, and my grandfather though me and my dad both went by our middle names.)

Matthew94:
1,2,3 etc etc

That's my man. I'd give them IDs. Male/Female-year-month-day - makes categorising them easier. "Come over here, M20200617"

I really, really want to name my son Elias, if I ever have a son when I am older. I just love that name!

A girl however, I don't really have any idea...

No idea for either gender.

Matthew94:
1,2,3 etc etc

Though I do like the simplicity of this idea. *Steals idea.

I don't know what I would name her if she was a girl but if it was a boy probably Michael, everyone of my brothers including me has been named after a saint and I'd like to continue that.

My first child will be named Sofia regardless of gender. The second will be named 1337_Baby

Don't know if he'll have a first or middle name to go with it, but my son's getting named Jayne. If I don't leave it to the mother, my daughter will be Briana Reilly.

If I have a son I will name him Luke. So I can go around saying variations of "Luke, I am your father" at every opportunity.

I doubt I'll ever have kids, but still the future isn't set in stone so.

If it's a boy, I would name it Lucas, Alvis or Sirius.

If it's a girl, I would want to call her Catlin.

Well I like the names Eliza and Vera but I have no good guy names.

I would want to give my son a remember-able name, like Frank Zappa did with all his kids. At the same time, I don't want to make them laughing stocks, so I won't give them insanely off names (Like Dhani or Dweezil). Instead, I'll give them uncommon yet still appropriate names. Names like Odysseus, Virgil, Constantine, or something along those lines.

As for my Daughters, I think I'll just give them common names like Mary or Susan.

Don't really want kids, but a first choice would be Alex. Either short for Alexander or Alexandra. Easy.

I would let the wolves I would leave the bastard with decide that.

I'm not really into the whole kids thing but if it ever did come to pass that I brought my hellspawn into the world and it was of a female nature, her first name would be Alice simply because I like the name and then her middle name would be Renee, as my best friend's middle name is Renee. My middle name is the name of my mother's best friend so I figured I'd continue the tradition and I think Alice Renee sounds good. "Alice Renee! You better get your ass over here!"

As for a boy...well I don't know. I have this unexplainable want to name a boy Faye....but I also know how horribly cruel that would be and so I doubt I'll ever do that.

If it was a girl I'd call them Cecillia that's a cool name.

Evelyn or Horatio for a boy.

Esther or Catelyn for a girl.

I'm not going to have children , on purpose , but if i have a boy i'm naming him logan . After wolverine of course.
If i have a girl ( i would prefer to have a girl if i had a choice) i'm naming her Doriel , after my godmother .

If I have a boy I will name him Charles. And a girl Julia.

Some ideas:

My own name
/b/ dubs decides
Garrus
Parasite
Oops
Heavy (last name is Waits)
Open dictionary, point to random word
Mufasa
Brat
"child"
And don't laugh, but I always liked the name Crystal.

My first son will be named Grif

Then I will continue with either:

Isaac
Gunnar
Bryce

Nathaniel and Superfly

Actually I'm not really sure. I've got a cousin with the middle name of Isset (Spelling?) and kinda like that. Derek I think is a good boys name.

I'd preferably not let them be named by a drunk aunt after they were born like I was. My name is Christopher [something equally as common] Taylor and I'm pretty sure I was named by a drunk aunt after she'd seen Platoon (Charlie Sheen's character has that name and the movie came out the same year I was born) So thanks Mom and Dad!

With any luck, my kids will come pre-named. :D

I quite like the name Imogen though.

As all things in my life, I did a retarded amount of research into naming kids. So my first son ended up with Blake. My research showed that a good name would be different from most other names, but not so different as to alienate them.

My second son is named Brock, it fits a similiar bill as Blake, but mostly I named him after Brock Sampson of Venture Bros. fame. Love that guy.

Fun fact, I almost named my first son Archer, this was before the TV show of the same name. So if I had named him Archer, both of my sons would be named after cartoon spies who slept with a lot of women.

Another fun fact, I had three dogs(before my first son became allergic to them), and their names were Bubby, Britany, and Brandy. Notice a pattern?

And yes, I often call my sons Block and Brake.

A daughter would be called either Elizabeth or Sophie. A son, I'd call Daniel in honour of one of my best friends who died when I was in school. Best guy I ever knew.

Sons:
Jack
John

Daughters:
Ophelia
Teresa
Claire
Meryl
Rose

Is it bad that I got most of those from video game and anime characters?

Because my name is Tarik, an extremely rare name where I'm from, I'm more or less obligated to give any children I have unusual names. I'm always worried when things like this come up because I don't want people stealing the names I've picked (I'm paranoid like that).

Link if it's a boy and Samus if it's a girl. Not even joking.

Malcolm or Luke for boys and Anna or Anna Lee for girls. Then again we'll see what my partner has to say :P

DoPo:

Matthew94:
1,2,3 etc etc

That's my man. I'd give them IDs. Male/Female-year-month-day - makes categorising them easier. "Come over here, M20200617"

Nah too much work. I'm going to use Tv Tropes for mine. Hit the random trope button, open up the western animation sub tab, then select the first appropriate name I see.

If my son was born this minute, his name would be Lawrence, Daughter's name would be Jem.

Athol:
If I have a son his first name will be John (Like myself, my father, and my grandfather though me and my dad both went by our middle names.)

"A whole clan of Johnnys."

Cookie for the reference.

OT: Can't say I've really thought of it before. Having kids isn't exactly on my list of priorities. That being said, I like the idea of naming my firstborn son Vivi.

DoPo:

Matthew94:
1,2,3 etc etc

Mono-zygotic twins? Better include the time of birth down to the second, just in case such a situation happens.

Matthew94:
1,2,3 etc etc

Sounds like a pretty good idea actually. Kind of surprised I haven't heard of any yet honestly (especially among those TV families with blank-teen kids).

To answer the OP, I've thought of 2 per gender and my GF thought of 1 per gender. For me they're;

Vincent, Jack, Sabrina and, Emily

Names that she's thought up;

Edgar and, Victoria.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked