Season 3 for My Little Pony

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

It's been confirmed that MLP:FiM will have a season 3 thus the fans will have to wait a few months before an episode is on the air once more. However, to me personally I think MLP should not have a season 3 nor continue onward as a series.

Not saying this out of hating the show.
In fact, I love the show overall. But, here's the thing..

They can't really do anything for season 3. I just can't see them pulling off anymore episodes that displays the values of friendship. If they did, it's most likely something the main 6 already learned but experienced in a different situation (happened 3x in season 2 actually). With all that has happened, I don't see anymore surprises nor a worthy villain to rise up (if so, he/she would be defeated within an episode or 2 like the last few. Poor Discord.)

The best they could 'probably' do is focus on the background characters like DJ Pony, Lyra, or even Derpy (I doubt Derpy though.. remember what happened when she had a little screen time last time? She almost got erased from the series due to that.) Besides that, the shows might lose their mojo but I could be wrong. Still, to save a good series from running itself to the ground I think it should stop here. Do you guys agree, disagree? I'd love to hear what people (brony or not) have to say about this and if they can relate with a show they like but don't want the series to run itself down ether.

Misleading thread title is misleading.

I think you're being too pessimistic. I'm not going to write off the show until it actually starts getting worse. The lessons about friendship were only added because of executive meddling anyway, they were never all that important.\

I suppose I'll add an MLP user group link too.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic
I recommend that anyone who watches the show uncheck "Chat Notifications" when it prompts you as the group chat tends to be quite active.

Well if you've been actually paying attention to the newer episodes, you would notice that a lot of the morals being taught at the end don't have anything to do with friendship anymore, which is still ok. So they've been doing good in circumstances the exact same as what you're talking about here. It's almost as if you're trying to fill some quota of nonsensical topics.

Also learn to write better thread titles, seriously.

I think we should seriously give it a shot before we knock anything they throw at us. Also, super misleading title there.

you can branch from friendship to more just life values and other life lessons. Sesame Street as been doing just that for decades.

*Draws sword and runs in charging* AAAAAHHHHHHHRRRRRRHHHHHHgggggggg ohh. Uhhm. Yes well certainly the way the show had been structured in the past wouldn't hold up very well after 52 episodes. But you know what, thats why you adapt the model to a working form. A show that can't evolve dies, a show that can, lives a very long life. And I'd love to see what they plan to do with S3.

Robert632:
Also, super misleading title there.

Not misleading, just lacking a few words to clarify it's full meaning ;)
But to be serious, last 2 seasons were really good. I'd just hate to see MLP run itself into the ground due to having to many seasons (i've seen it happen with a few shows.. rest in peace Bleach v_v)

I've never actually watched My Little Pony, but if the only theme that show has going for it is 'friendship' the quality would not have lasted for more than one season. I know that's the whole idea behind it (it is in the title after all) but talented creative people won't focus on one concept for any story. If the writers and directors behind the show are good at what they do - and given how much some people won't shutupaboutit I can only assume they are - they will be able to develop stories and characters in different directions.

No, I'm sure the show can survive a third season. If you restrain yourself to each episode having a friendship lesson then yeah, its hard to do.

But the universe they built around the show has alot they could get into. Like all the cities that are mentioned but never named, and all the villians that only made one apprearence. You can make a whole episode on Trixie alone.

Thats not even getting into all the stuff you could do with the mane 6 possibly growing apart due to their carrers.

Basically, I know the show has to end, but now is not the time.

Aidinthel:
I think you're being too pessimistic. I'm not going to write off the show until it actually starts getting worse. The lessons about friendship were only added because of executive meddling anyway, they were never all that important.\

I suppose I'll add an MLP user group link too.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic
I recommend that anyone who watches the show uncheck "Chat Notifications" when it prompts you as the group chat tends to be quite active.

QFT. The morals were added so they could get the E/I logo on the show, which makes syndication /a lot/ easier, because broadcast TV stations are legally required to have a certain amount of E/I programming every week. Once they get the 65 episodes needed to sell the show for syndication -- which will take all of 13 episodes from season 3 -- they can easily drop the morals altogether and just focus on making a good cartoon without having to shoehorn a lesson in at the end of every episode. Even if they do decide to keep shoehorning in the lesson, it doesn't exactly have to be a big part of the show.

Caramel Frappe:

Robert632:

But to be serious, last 2 seasons were really good. I'd just hate to see MLP run itself into the ground due to having to many seasons (i've seen it happen with a few shows.. rest in peace Bleach v_v)

*Shrugs* I personally found it a bit misleading, and I'm sure some others who stumble across it will too.

Also, yeah, Bleach has...overstayed its welcome.

Bring back Trixie and Gilda. Have them learn friendship.

Caramel Frappe:

Robert632:

Yes misleading. Reported.

edit: I think that your lack of thought in naming the thread shouldn't deserve a more dignified reply, but alright.

Notice that in the second season there aren't friendship lessons every episode. Sometimes its just adventures and these are still good episodes. In the second season all of the mane six became friendship pupils of Celestia, so I don't find it too hard to imagine the show doing something to compensate for the lack of friendship lessons that haven't already been done. The show just needs to evolve a little. Its already done it before and the results haven't been disastrous.

gamezombieghgh:

Caramel Frappe:

Robert632:

Aren't you going to least discuss about the topic at hand? I only made the title that way to be catchy so I can challenge myself in explaining on the OP but.. *sigh* My apologizes I didn't think people would feel that mislead. Maybe it would of been called for if it was April Fools or something (being in the month April doesn't count ether it seems.)

Pfft, lessons on friendship seemed kinda forced anyway, MLP:FiM can get rid of that bit for all I care, and focus on its strength: being a decent kid show with good characters, animation, and story that is also enjoyable for adults.

...also being an endless source of 2-5 second youtube clips that sound horribly suggestive out of context.

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. Season one had all of the "spirit" with the queen of TV: Lauren Faust writing and directing all of the episodes with her full effort and making sure that they were perfect. Season two, while very entertaining and ramping up the humour and overall "fun", feels like it was lacking in a lot of areas. Its only going to go downhill from here, and while I will probably be watching the third season, I think it will be only "ok". I don't know what will "do it in", but it is inevitable. Let's enjoy the fandom while it lasts, and cheers to the finest show currently on television! *raises glass*

It seen you underestimate what the team are capable of pulling off for the upcoming Season 3. Just because you can't think what they could do in season 3 that it's all over unless the quality of the episodes had drop in the new season. Who knows what they could pull out of their sleeves. I mean clearly no one had expected a new villain to appear at the final episodes of season 2.
I guess what I'm trying to say is forget trying to anticipate or worry over at what they should or could do in season 3 and just accept them when they come by.
However I do agree that sooner or later it will going have to end and when it does end it should end on a high note, not dragging it to the ground (e.g. Scrub).

..And this is why you give your tv show an overarching plot behind the singular story each episode slowly works towards. All I can really think of for them to do is establish more things about spike (Seriously, you have someone who has no idea where they came from and is the only one of their kind they know and you barely touch upon it?) and maybe the background people.

I'm just waiting for the Season 3 episode where Rainbow Dash comes out of the closet.

PunkyMcGee:
Bring back Trixie and Gilda. Have them learn friendship.

Mother of God. This might be the first legitimate reason for why the animatiors would bring back those two characters!

PunkyMcGee:
you can branch from friendship to more just life values and other life lessons. Sesame Street as been doing just that for decades.

this more or less.

but with only 13 eps?

if it really is the end then i hope we get a killer send off! go out on top and go out BIG :D

....So you guys actually watch MLP for the plot?

Ha.

Caramel Frappe:

Robert632:

That's what midleading is.

You knew it was misleading too and just wanted bronies rushing in here to go "nooooo" at the thought of no S3.

Matthew94:

Caramel Frappe:

Robert632:

You knew it was misleading too and just wanted bronies rushing in here to go "nooooo" at the thought of no S3.

too bad nobody is going "nooooo" and people have been having a legitimate discussion and speculation in this thread.

him over there:

Matthew94:

Caramel Frappe:

too bad nobody is going "nooooo" and people have been having a legitimate discussion and speculation in this thread.

I'm not the only one who noted the title. And the lack of "nooooo"s is most likely due to the fact most people in the forum actually read threads before commenting.

Matthew94:

him over there:

Matthew94:

I'm not the only one who noted the title. And the lack of "nooooo"s is most likely due to the fact most people in the forum actually read threads before commenting.

If people read it why is it a problem then? If they were angry they were mislead they would have left.

They said the same thing about 2 1/2 Men without Charlie Sheen, and they were wrong then, and you just might be wrong now. Give them a chance on this one, don't sign a death warrant just because you don't know what else they're going to achieve.

This thread title shocked me quite a bit...

Anyway, I'd say let them try at season 3 before panicking. We don't want a brony Firefly either, whining on for years about why the series had to end at its peak.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
....So you guys actually watch MLP for the plot?

Ha.

I don't know 'bout the rest but I solely watch it for the ass.

him over there:

Matthew94:

him over there:

If people read it why is it a problem then? If they were angry they were mislead they would have left.

Looking at the views:posts ratio is seems that that is what is happening.

I don't mind the title but CF must think we are idiots if he is saying this wasn't misleading.

I thought that about season 2.

Then they blasted me away with "Sisterhooves Social".

So until the third season is out, they get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Matthew94:

him over there:

Matthew94:

Looking at the views:posts ratio is seems that that is what is happening.

I don't mind the title but CF must think we are idiots if he is saying this wasn't misleading.

Most people commenting are probably mlp fans and most mlp fans know that season 3 has already been confirmed, he probably assumed they would be aware of this coming into the thread and know it was about something else. I came into this thread anticipating something along the lines of it will be a let down and I don't even like the show very much.

There's masses of possibilities for more episodes. Think about characters like Dr.Whooves, Trixie or Spike that haven't had a great deal of elaboration upon their characters yet. Apparently Q is coming back to voice Discord again which will be a joy. Really it's too early to end the series yet, it still has masses of potential for more excellent episodes.

Bhaalspawn:
They said the same thing about 2 1/2 Men without Charlie Sheen, and they were wrong then, and you just might be wrong now. Give them a chance on this one, don't sign a death warrant just because you don't know what else they're going to achieve.

This might be off topic, but.. are you the guy who makes reviews on particular topics? This guy for say?

Ether that or you're a fan of him which is perfectly fine because I really like him too. Just was curious because the way you post, and word things sounds exactly how he talks (well, assuming that anyways).

Matthew94:

Nah, it's actually 'almost' impossible to trick Escapists. Sure I might of mislead more then I originally thought, but to think you guys would not be smart enough- that's like underestimating the atomic bomb thinking it'll just be a dud when it hits the ground. Big mistake on the person assuming that.

So again, I do apologize if the title was to misleading. Just wanted to make it catchy really, and let the OP do the talking.

Caramel Frappe:

gamezombieghgh:

Caramel Frappe:

Aren't you going to least discuss about the topic at hand? I only made the title that way to be catchy so I can challenge myself in explaining on the OP but.. *sigh* My apologizes I didn't think people would feel that mislead. Maybe it would of been called for if it was April Fools or something (being in the month April doesn't count ether it seems.)

Seems like he's being overzealous. It's slightly misleading, but entirely related to the topic at hand. "No season 3" is your personal opinion. Therefore, bam. Report is false.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked