Season 3 for My Little Pony

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

him over there:
..And this is why you give your tv show an overarching plot behind the singular story each episode slowly works towards. All I can really think of for them to do is establish more things about spike (Seriously, you have someone who has no idea where they came from and is the only one of their kind they know and you barely touch upon it?) and maybe the background people.

But...but it's a kid's show? You can't have such complicated character and plot development with overarching plot points for a show aimed at young kids. It'll just confuse them. Bronies seem to forget that they're not the target audience.

Hazy992:

him over there:
..And this is why you give your tv show an overarching plot behind the singular story each episode slowly works towards. All I can really think of for them to do is establish more things about spike (Seriously, you have someone who has no idea where they came from and is the only one of their kind they know and you barely touch upon it?) and maybe the background people.

But...but it's a kid's show? You can't have such complicated character and plot development with overarching plot points for a show aimed at young kids. It'll just confuse them. Bronies seem to forget that they're not the target audience.

It doesn't have to be hard, just be like "hey guys go and get the elements of harmony" and instead of getting them in the first two episodes make that the point of the whole series and smaller self contained stories happen each episode.

I mean it worked for pokemon right?

AND THERE WAS FIRE THAT FELL FROM HEAVEN AND ENGULFED THE TEMPLE. ALL THE PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THIS WRETCHED EARTH SHRIEKED AS THE LOCUSTS ROSE IN A GIANT CLOUD OF DEATH AND PESTILENCE, LONGING TO CLEANSE THE WORLD OF THE HORROR THAT HAD BEFALLEN IT. AND LO, THERE WAS A GREAT THUNDER, LIKE THE LEGIONS OF HELL GRINDING, MOANING, REACHING OUT TO THE PARADISE THAT THE EARTH ONCE WAS, AND THE MOUNTAINS OF FIRE ALL RELEASED THEIR FURY AS ONE. THE ANGEL IN THE GARDEN KNOWN AS EDEN RAISED HIS SWORD AND PROCLAIMED THE DOOM OF THE WORLD AND ITS INHABITANTS. AND THE WILD BEASTS BEGAN TO FIGHT AND EAT EACH OTHER, AS WELL AS DO MANY DETESTABLE AND UNNATURAL THINGS. THEY TURNED UPON THOSE WHO HAD TAMED AND TRAINED THEM. FRIEND FOUGHT FRIEND, FATHER FOUGHT SON, AND THERE WAS GREAT MOANING AND WEEPING THROUGHOUT THE LA-

Oh.

Nice title you have there.

I trust the makers of the show to keep the quality consistent. If they don't, the show will be abandoned and canceled. May as well give them a chance.

him over there:

Hazy992:

him over there:

It doesn't have to be hard, just be like "hey guys go and get the elements of harmony" and instead of getting them in the first two episodes make that the point of the whole series and smaller self contained stories happen each episode.

Yeah but it was an afterthought. It was just 'let's fight and catch Pokemon! And oh yeah we need to go to Viridian City or something.' And correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the target audience for MLP is younger than that for Pokemon.

Hazy992:

him over there:

Hazy992:

Yeah but it was an afterthought. It was just 'let's fight and catch Pokemon! And oh yeah we need to go to Viridian City or something.' And correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the target audience for MLP is younger than that for Pokemon.

It also worked for Avatar: The Last Airbender, which was also popular amongst kids and a damn good show to boot.

Hazy992:

him over there:

Hazy992:

I guess, maybe I have too much faith in little children. Or maybe I just want to rekindle the serial style plot progression of getting up at 6 am to watch saturday morning cartoons. Would it really be so hard for 6-9 year olds to go "Oh cool the pastel horses are doing a thing on their journey to get the stuff, next week they'll do a different thing and be closer to getting the stuff."?

Redingold:

Hazy992:

him over there:

It also worked for Avatar: The Last Airbender, which was also popular amongst kids and a damn good show to boot.

It was for older kids and young teenagers though

Coldster:
cheers to the finest show currently on television! *raises glass*

Do you even bend?

Aidinthel:
I think you're being too pessimistic. I'm not going to write off the show until it actually starts getting worse. The lessons about friendship were only added because of executive meddling anyway, they were never all that important.\

I suppose I'll add an MLP user group link too.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic
I recommend that anyone who watches the show uncheck "Chat Notifications" when it prompts you as the group chat tends to be quite active.

Exactly, to me the series has always been about a bunch of Friends (that just happen to be female ponies) enjoying their time.

Oh well, I love the series and I hope it continues. I only just watched the Season 2 Finale today and I can easily see the Changelings being a series manestay. Don't know what others think about it.

Also, were these the first episodes that Lyra has spoken?

Gabanuka:

Coldster:

Do you even bend?

You can tell I don't watch much TV.

Redingold:

Hazy992:

him over there:

Avatar was kind of mature though, especially when you consider that they reference murder multiple times, only to have to come up with a way to both defeat the fire lord and not kill him because of standards. The ending did play to my belief that the death sentence must be a utility and not a vengeful punishment.

Coldster:

Gabanuka:

Coldster:

Do you even bend?

You can tell I don't watch much TV.

Fair enough, though now MLP is over and Korra just began there no reason not to start ;)

No way bro,
The baddies wont be a problem they pulled Discord off nicely didnt they he was a worthy villan and no one saw him coming, they can easily pull off another baddie.

There are loads of opportunities for episodes, for example Trixie vowed to return but hasn't bothered yet. Twilight could befriend her and the friendship message could be "befriend people who are complete arseholes, because it will make them less of an arsehole"
Another Luna episode where she shows that she can actually get involved with pony society aside from their Halloween equivalent. That would please her many fans.

The only thing that will kill MLP is if Lauren Faust blows up! or they include HUMANS CHILDREN in the show. look up some of the older versions of the show you will see what I mean, they would ruin MLP.

Admittedly, I must agree that eventually the morals will run thin and might even be a problem for the longevity of the show, but I think they could pull off at least one more season without dropping the quality. I think a fourth season might be a struggle, but I don't want to think about it since I'm in a happy little bubble right now...
*Rocks back and forth*
Ponies will always be on the air, ponies will always be on the air...
*Ehem*
We bronies are perfectly normal people.

FiM needs a third season. If for no other reason because it has yet to have a proper Scootaloo focus episode. (She's adorable, and I'm genuinely curious about her family.)

And besides, the lessons are secondary to the actual character interaction, and we ill need another good series being canceled prematurely. It happens all too often to American cartoons, and no comparison to Japanese "50-episodes-per-year" cartoons is going to convince me otherwise.

verdant monkai:
No way bro,
The baddies wont be a problem they pulled Discord off nicely didnt they he was a worthy villan and no one saw him coming, they can easily pull off another baddie.

There are loads of opportunities for episodes, for example Trixie vowed to return but hasn't bothered yet. Twilight could befriend her and the friendship message could be "befriend people who are complete arseholes, because it will make them less of an arsehole"
Another Luna episode where she shows that she can actually get involved with pony society aside from their Halloween equivalent. That would please her many fans.

The only thing that will kill MLP is if Lauren Faust blows up! or they include HUMANS CHILDREN in the show. look up some of the older versions of the show you will see what I mean, they would ruin MLP.

Putting human children in the show would be like having a nightmare you never wake up from. It's a fact that bronies would be jumping ship in droves.

Gabanuka:
Fair enough, though now MLP is over and Korra just began there no reason not to start ;)

I really have to give Avatar a proper chance at some point. I only watched one or two partial episodes back when I lived in Ireland, and it seemed decent enough. But there's so much to do, and so little time...

Capitano Segnaposto:
Also, were these the first episodes that Lyra has spoken?

Yes. And Colgate too. If so many other awesome things hadn't happened you'd have heard much more about that. As it is, it's kind of just a side note.

MLP should end after its third season. If it really is as good as Transformers: Animated, it deserves the same rushed, half-assed conclusion rife with missed opportunities.

My god my heart skipped a beat when I read the title.

Anyways, after watching the Season 2 finale I've no doubt that they'll be able to pull off a great season 3. Even though Faust won't be involved anymore the wiki (I choose to believe it since it makes me feel better) says she had less involvement during the later episodes, and if that is the case she would've had less to do with the Season 2 finale than any of the other Season 2 episodes, which means there's a good chance Season 3 will be good even if she isn't involved. At least that's what I'll tell myself until season 3 comes out.

LloydEsaka:

Anyways, after watching the Season 2 finale I've no doubt that they'll be able to pull off a great season 3. Even though Faust won't be involved anymore the wiki (I choose to believe it since it makes me feel better) says she had less involvement during the later episodes, and if that is the case she would've had less to do with the Season 2 finale than any of the other Season 2 episodes, which means there's a good chance Season 3 will be good even if she isn't involved. At least that's what I'll tell myself until season 3 comes out.

Faust had very little involvement in season 2 as a whole. As I understand it, The Return of Harmony were her final episodes with full-time involvement, and since then she's just had some limited involvement as a consultant. The rest of the team have proven themselves quite capable, even if season 2 had a few episodes that didn't feel up to par with season 1.

Caramel Frappe:
No Season 3 for My Little Pony

CARAMEL! If you ever give me a heart attack like that again I'll...I'll...write a strongly worded private message! So help me I will!!

OT: I think the writers and animators and actors keep out doing themselves. I did not see this finale coming and was more than impressed, I was in awe really, at what they could put out with the constraints of a kids show.

Think about that, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic isn't "supposed" to have climactic two part endings that completely steal the show.
Prematurely ending the show now when there is still a lot to explore in terms of stories and themes and characters just seems to me a little...rash.

Unfortunately there will be a point where there is too much of a good thing but we are a long way away from that.

The many talented people behind this show are still there and still care about what they're putting out and this is one of the few examples of that care coming through and shining.

Putting the show out to pasture now would cut off the creative outlet for so many people it would be unfair for them as much as us.

Wow, keep the faith bro. Season 2 was fan-freaking-tastic even without Faust's supervision, there's no reason to assume season 3 wont be the same.

You're acting like they've run out of ideas, that's just absurd. They've got a huge expansive universe full of opportunities and deep characters with plenty of flaws worth exploring, why the f**k would they have to resort to telling stories about background ponies to keep your interest?

Also Discord (or at least his VA) is coming back in Season 3 with a "major story role", I couldn't be more psyched for the things to come in FiM! All we have to do is survive the second great pony drought, should be easier this time since we know DHX can pull it off.

JediMB:

LloydEsaka:

Faust had very little involvement in season 2 as a whole. As I understand it, The Return of Harmony were her final episodes with full-time involvement, and since then she's just had some limited involvement as a consultant. The rest of the team have proven themselves quite capable, even if season 2 had a few episodes that didn't feel up to par with season 1.

Oh, well even better!

Damn it OP I'd already uncorked the champange when I read the title...*goes away disappointed

Hazy992:

him over there:

Give kids some credit! Children's shows do not have to dumbed down in order for children to enjoy and understand it. Any good children's movie, book, or television show follows a simple rule, it tells a story that the adult writing the script or manuscript wants to hear and therefore is able to appeal to a wide audience. I am not saying MLP is on the same level as Pixar movies such as UP or the Brothers Grimm (both of which are for kids the same age as those watching MLP) but it is fun to watch for people of many ages. Children can remember what happened from week to week on their favorite children's show, look at the subplot of the cutie mark crusaders! We still do not know what their cutie marks look like but even though the episodes on them are separated by many other episodes. Children can still follow the development of the plot and not become confused every time a new cutie mark episode comes on. (although I am personally a bit over this little plot point and I say give them their stupid cutie marks already!)

I've stopped watching it already, it's a good show, but I just couldn't give a damn anymore halfway 2 already, so season 3 will go unwatched. Perhaps when i am older, and have minions underlings children, I'll watch it again with them. but for now, I decided not to watch anymore.

imahobbit4062:
Misleading thread title is misleading.

Very. I went into this thread to see some bronies rage, damnit..
I did notice how impossible the title seemed halfway through the loading, then I smirked to myself, as I thought "Nicely played, OP".

considering they have so many unexplored things about Equestria to dwell into i think it would be a shame to cut it down now. they really haven't done many lessons on friendship in season 2, and i've found it to be better than the first season, so they can probably drop that crutch because it would survive on it's own with an overarching plot. while the target audience is little girls, i think they could follow it. do not underestimate the obsessiveness of little girls, if they like the show enough, they'll be able to follow it. and if they do run out of their creativity, they could start bringing fan writers on board for a final season. most fanfics cannot be used, but with as many as there are, there has to be at least a season's worth of writing that can be used for the show done by the fans. and if it reached that point, then it would be time for it to end. i think the royal wedding was the greatest episode of them all, from the music to the plot, it was able to get across a wide range of many emotions from happiness to sadness to joy, i found myself laughing and crying, and i'm not afraid to admit that. there's no way they can just call it quits at this point. but that's just my thoughts i suppose

The most tragic thing however is season 3 is only going to be 13 episodes, and that makes me sad. I find it very unlikely they will run out of ideas however when they can pull such things as the changelings and the flim brothers at the drop of a bat!

Op, whether or not you think the show should have a third season or not is irrelevant. A shows like this should end when the writers think they should end and not before.

Unless, the show is a network darling like Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents, to which it will never be cancelled.

I want it to continue, it still seems to have a lot of potential. If it says as good as it is now I'd like to have at least 4-5 seasons.

Caramel Frappe:

Bhaalspawn:
They said the same thing about 2 1/2 Men without Charlie Sheen, and they were wrong then, and you just might be wrong now. Give them a chance on this one, don't sign a death warrant just because you don't know what else they're going to achieve.

This might be off topic, but.. are you the guy who makes reviews on particular topics? This guy for say?

Ether that or you're a fan of him which is perfectly fine because I really like him too. Just was curious because the way you post, and word things sounds exactly how he talks (well, assuming that anyways).

Yeah, that's me.

Well if we're out of ideas, we can always make the ponies insane again. Don't worry, they won't just let FiM go to waste with a crap season. (Even if the ending of the last episode was kinda rushed) You know, the only episodes I didn't like were ones focused on Spike. I really hate that wuss.

imahobbit4062:
Misleading thread title is misleading.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that had a "wait... what?!?!?" moment there.
Should be "I think there should be no season 3 of MLP" or something along those lines.

As for "things they can learn about friendship", there are still so many things they can teach about friendship. You can't summarize all of friendship into 2 seasons, no matter how good those seasons are.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked