2.3% (3)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Chaos as a religion

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

MrPeanut:

ClockworkPenguin:

MrPeanut:

You do realize that Daemon worlds cannot be destroyed? :P

If that were true it would be super ironic. It would make them the only things in the universe not obeying the law of entropy.

Lets put it this way: Daemon worlds do not obey the laws of the universe since they are pretty much warp energies (not part of "this" universe).

If someone, say the Tyranids or Necrons, who had anti warp tech, were to come close, the world would "disappear" as the warp energies collapsed.

But for someone like the Imperium, daemon worlds are indestructible.

Interesting. I don't know much about Warhammer, cos i couldn't be arsed with all the painting, but surely there must be some kind of threshold at which this can happen. They can't just rock up and mess with reality because they have 2 worshippers (can they?). Not even Cthulu has that kind of mojo.

I laugh at your silly little chaos gods. We all laugh at them. We laugh at a lot of things. Sometimes we laugh at laughing, sometimes we laugh at goats, for we are the followers of the true madgod, lord sheogorath! AAAAHAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!

ClockworkPenguin:

MrPeanut:

ClockworkPenguin:

If that were true it would be super ironic. It would make them the only things in the universe not obeying the law of entropy.

Lets put it this way: Daemon worlds do not obey the laws of the universe since they are pretty much warp energies (not part of "this" universe).

If someone, say the Tyranids or Necrons, who had anti warp tech, were to come close, the world would "disappear" as the warp energies collapsed.

Interesting. I don't know much about Warhammer, cos i couldn't be arsed with all the painting, but surely there must be some kind of threshold at which this can happen. They can't just rock up and mess with reality because they have 2 worshippers (can they?). Not even Cthulu has that kind of mojo.

Well, the Chaos Gods themselves have to channel warp energies to the planet for this to actually happen.

Most of the time the planets are in the Eye of Terror which is halfway in the warp already, and the rules of reality do not apply there. But I think some Daemon Prince's have been gifted worlds outside the EoT.

ClockworkPenguin:

MrPeanut:

ClockworkPenguin:

Its the minds with those with psychic potential(entire human race, entire eldar race...various other minor alien races who dont get army lists) that allow the chaos gods to exist, you dont have to worship them you just have to feel the emotions that they represent. That feeling affects the warp. Worship gives them more power but basically as long as there are masses of emotional psychic minds affecting the warp there will be chaos gods.

The eye of terror where most of the demon worlds are is an area of space where the warp exploded into the normal universe through the brains of the Eldar because the Eldars minds had given birth to the chaos god of lust Slaanesh.

Only a few Eldar escaped this fate(unfortunatly, arrogant pricks they are...)

Kay-osh! Chaos-men, chaosmen. Men no. Nem no, men yes, three nose make a yes.

Fieldy409:

ClockworkPenguin:

MrPeanut:

Its the minds with those with psychic potential(entire human race, entire eldar race...various other minor alien races who dont get army lists) that allow the chaos gods to exist, you dont have to worship them you just have to feel the emotions that they represent. That feeling affects the warp. Worship gives them more power but basically as long as there are masses of emotional psychic minds affecting the warp there will be chaos gods.

The eye of terror where most of the demon worlds are is an area of space where the warp exploded into the normal universe through the brains of the Eldar because the Eldars minds had given birth to the chaos god of lust Slaanesh.

So its a bit like the Dungeon Dimensions in the Discworld universe, or the Fade in the DragonAge universe?

ClockworkPenguin:

Fieldy409:

ClockworkPenguin:

So its a bit like the Dungeon Dimensions in the Discworld universe, or the Fade in the DragonAge universe?

Dont know this discworld thing but yeah the fade is a pretty much a ripoff of the warp....

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

I mean... HERESY! Send in the Grey Knights!

Tzeench is the only one with the tiniest bit of appeal, his is the only fate that doesn't end in a horrifying manner and actually has "pros" that are appealing. I would willingly kill myself to avoid having anything to do with the others, assuming of course that doing so doesn't just help Khorne.

Fieldy409:
I am an inquisitor and what is this?

What kind of inquisitor doesn't recognize heresy when he sees it ?
I find that highly suspicous.

PBMcNair:

Fieldy409:

Im Ordo Xenos bro, not my field.

Nouw:

GriffinStallion:
Death to the heratics! GLORY FOR THE GOD EMPEROR!!!

This thread is unclean, let us purge it together brother!

The Grey Knights are the only ones that can deal with such measure of Heresy my brothers. May our faith in the God-Emperor be ever strong and guide as well smite these foul followers of Chaos

Fieldy409:

PBMcNair:

Fieldy409:

Hmm, an acceptable answer, but we're watching you.
And everyone else. And do you know what we see ?

I'm not religious now, so I would spurn those crazy Cultists and start up some kind of food industry. While they're doing all their crazy shit, I could just sell them their food and live like a king.

Anything can be a religion, just make it up and convince a bunch of gullible idiots to follow your rules xD

captcha: grain of salt

Tzeentch for me. He seems like dude who will always keep life interesting. Also I would troll Khorne by proclaiming myself to be a Khornate Sorcerer and only kill with magic.

You should add 2 more options, Chaos Undivided(for the people who want to worship the big 4) and Malal for absolute chaos.

Change for Changes sake!

No-one else concerned that approximately twice as many people would join the cults as wouldn't? Especially since no effort is made to hide the fact that the cults will mess you up big style? Just me.

i'm scared.

Well, it does actually exist outside of it's concept and presentation in 40k.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_magic

Grant Morrison at Disinfocon

For those unfamiliar, he's the main Batman writer at DC these days.

I will serve Grandfather Nurgle with great pleasure. Though Gork and Mork are the best gods!

Tzeentch.
I've tried freedom. I'd like to try having the things I desire for a change.

That or Khorne.
The results do not surprise me. Figures this nerdy community would follow Tzeentch.

This is how cults get started -_-...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY AREN'T WE KILLING YET?!

Take a guess :3

As a member of The Holy Orders of the Emperor's Inquisition, it is apart of my life's work to fight Chaos. Many of you have committed heresy and I'll make sure you pay with your life for the crime.
All those opposed to chaos help me fulfill the Emperors wishes.

Chaos shall not reign, not on my watch anyways.

So I'm guessing the Undivided option is "none of the above"
Discriminating against the non-believers?

It's not my fault there's no evidence for the Chaos Gods!

ultrachicken:
I'm not super familiar with Warhammer 40k lore, but as a general rule, these kinds of groups and gods have severe tendencies to backstab their recruits. Which means joining is not a very good idea.

And, these groups also have a tendency to actively try to kill people who aren't members, as well, which means I might as well condemn them and go down fighting.

That said, if I had to join one, I'd pick Nurgle. No suffering ever, and ugliness is subjective.

Tzeentch will backstab you when it furthers his plans, or he gets bored. But the other gods (most notably Nurgle or Khorne) will never betray you.

For Khorne: he abhors trickery and deceit, and if he ever wants you gone he will send somone to fight you the straight forward combate

For Nurgle: he loves his children (anyone who worships him), he is the ONLY chaos god that legitimately cares for his worshipers.

I wroship Malal, he's pretty underground, you've probably never heard of him.

He's literally the Chaos god of being a hipster.

PBMcNair:

Fieldy409:

PBMcNair:

Hmm, an acceptable answer, but we're watching you.
And everyone else. And do you know what we see ?

Phew... I'll just go kill aliens now in the name of Kh.... I mean the Emporer.

II2:
Well, it does actually exist outside of it's concept and presentation in 40k.

I would say "actually exist" is going a bit far.

Mudkipith:

Oh yeah? I can out hipster you buddy, Necoho and Zuvassin are my homies.

Actually, I lie, I just wanted to be a hipster like you, my real answer is "Worship warp entities? Balls to that, we'll have the stone men up and running soon, then the galaxy will be ours...until those pointy eared ladyboys go and fuck it all up."

Mudkipith:

There i added Malal as a choice, since enough people have chosen him.

Condemn the cults!

"I bow to no fane and acknowledge no deity for I have the empirical clarity of the Imperial Truth!"

Or Malal. Hipster Chaos :P

If I were in that universe, I may as well go pro khorne before I myself would be slaughtered by one of them. Gotta go with the times to survive.

Malal
Everything will be destroyed someday might as well choose when. Also I am massive amounts of random at all time, and do you know what a Malal cult tea party is like well lets just leave it at you would not know it was a tea party.

Argh I want to change my vote to Malal!

Damn heretics. When Leman Russ get's back him and his brothers are going to fuck you up. For all father and Leman Russ.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked