Is liking petite girls the same as pedophilia?
Yes
2.7% (19)
2.7% (19)
No
84.7% (592)
84.7% (592)
Depends
11.4% (80)
11.4% (80)
Other
0.3% (2)
0.3% (2)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Is liking petite girls the same as pedophilia?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Purtabo:
I'm pretty sure the whole point of pedophilia is an attraction to a child's innocence, and the harm done to them in the act of sex; reenacting the harm someone else caused you.

Overgeneralise much?

That is certainly what has happened sometimes. But what evidence do you have that it's "the whole point of paedophilia"?
A few cases does not make a rule, nor even that those cases must be the majority.

Maze1125:

Purtabo:
I'm pretty sure the whole point of pedophilia is an attraction to a child's innocence, and the harm done to them in the act of sex; reenacting the harm someone else caused you.

Overgeneralise much?

That is certainly what has happened sometimes. But what evidence do you have that it's "the whole point of paedophilia"?
A few cases does not make a rule, nor even that those cases must be the majority.

So are you implying that all pedophiles are not damaged mentally? All the studies I have seen point to childhood abuse for pedophilia. (sexual not regular abuse)

edit

Daystar Clarion:
I was merely exaggerating the size of my significant other.

Yeah, I do that all the time.

... oh, you didn't mean penis.

Loop Stricken:

Daystar Clarion:
I was merely exaggerating the size of my significant other.

Yeah, I do that all the time.

... oh, you didn't mean penis.

Smoooooooooooth...

What a bunch of jokers.

No...why would you even think that? Seriously wtf man

Nope. The smaller the better, and I better not get in trouble for it. I once got a raging big one for a pretty midget on an episode of House, and my personal opinion of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in person was, like, 4'8" and might have weighed eighty pounds.

Don't get me wrong, I find a wide range of body types attractive, but the above is just for the sake of this thread.

Risingblade:

Well, there was this thing a couple years ago...
http://theweek.com/article/index/105766/australias-small-breast-ban

But it was completely ridiculous. In answer to the thread question:

I've seen the occasional issue with a man going exclusively for very short, very petite women... but I imagine that's more often a fetish or a kink than settling for the "next best thing".

The Abhorrent:
That and we can probably safely assume that particularly extreme cases, where the woman is an adult but has the body of a pre-teen, is almost always from the realm of fantasy.

Almost, but not completely true. A situation like that is extremely rare. (I have no idea how rare, but I would suspect into the realms of one in a million or more.)

Then again, there was a notable male celebrity in the Netherlands who had a developmental disorder, and Looked & sounded like a 12 year old boy his entire adult life. (He died in his mid-thirties I think.)

Watching the kind of things he got up to on his TV show did get a little weird at times, and if you took his appearance at face value some of it could definitely be thought of as creepy or inappropriate.

... I bet he must've had a hell of a time with Alcohol, bars and the like. (well, being a well-known celebrity aside, if you were him, can you imagine the reaction you'd get pulling out ID which says you're in your late 20's or early 30's when you look 12? I wonder how many people would think your ID is fake?)

loc978:

Risingblade:

Well, there was this thing a couple years ago...
http://theweek.com/article/index/105766/australias-small-breast-ban

But it was completely ridiculous. In answer to the thread question:

I've seen the occasional issue with a man going exclusively for very short, very petite women... but I imagine that's more often a fetish or a kink than settling for the "next best thing".

Only in Australia...

*shakes fist*

I think it depends on why the petite girl is liked. If she's liked BECAUSE she looks like a little girl (as in you don't know her age, but she looks like a little girl), I don't see it as different from pedophilia. Otherwise, if the age of the person is know and looking like a kid isn't the sole purpose for liking them, I think it's ok IMO.

Wha? N...No not even a little bit. It would be silly if that were even remotely true.

It's only paedophilia if they're pre-pubescent.
Hebephilia if they're pubesecent, Ephebophilia if they're in the older range of adolescence (i.e. ~16)

So unless the girl they're attracted to is like 4 feet tall with no curves at most they can be accused of being ephebophiles.

Terminology aside, no, who the fuck thinks that? >_> They happen to look young, so what? Nevermind that in Canada the legal age is 16 anyways... and then in the states it varies because why be consistant in a country, right?

The definition of pedophilia is that you're attracted to children.
Finding a smaller woman attractive is, by the very definition of pedophilia, not the same thing if she is not a child.

Anyone who says else-wise is incorrect by definition.

When in doubt, lets ask Professor Fransworth. So Professor, is liking petite girls the same as pedophilia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb4VR1AfhAc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I don't know everything about this subject, but I'm guessing there's more to do with the reasons why pedophiles like children than their body types.

I'm not exclusively attracted to petite women, but I like them, and I definitely have no interest in children.

Youth is a pretty universally accepted trait of beauty, so comparing people who like those who look like they just sexually matured to people who like prepubescent girls is ridiculous.

DrgoFx:
I'm unsure if it works the other way around, but I'm curious. If you are sexually attract to petite girls, are you into pedophilia as well? I don't think so because it's just being attracted to a mature girl that happens to look fairly young. I don't think it means the person has interest in younger women, but perhaps just likes a slender, or "cuter" form...Just my opinion. I wouldn't say I have a thing for it, but I wouldn't be turned away by it...

Edit: Quick clarification, I was sure it meant small but the class decided on young as the definition instead. So for the sake of this thread, go by both? Is it wrong to be sexually attracted to a woman that looks younger than she really is? Not the 40 year old look 20 something, though.

Pedophilia is strictly after the younger crowd, as in age matters. I may like guys who are a bit more feminine in appearance, but that doesn't mean I like women.

No. If that was true I would be a pedo, and I'm no Pedo. Sure I may like younger girls (A bit younger) and younger looking girls, its because I just like that kind of thing not because I like them because they look like kids. ^_^

Soo. NO!

Purtabo:

Maze1125:

Purtabo:

Overgeneralise much?

So are you implying that all pedophiles are not damaged mentally? All the studies I have seen point to childhood abuse for pedophilia. (sexual not regular abuse)

Sometimes it's just crossed wires. Like a person who likes feet or a person with a fondness for armpit hair. You know, there are people out their who can get hard/wet for anything with 2 legs (sometimes more :/).

It doesn't always require trauma for a person to feel attracted to prepubescents. What is more likely the case is that people who have suffered trauma (repression/abuse/exposure) are more inclined to indulge their fetish, despite knowing it's wrong (or maybe not knowing it's wrong). There might also be a correlation to sociopathy, whereby the individual doesn't comprehend or lacks empathy to even consider the consequences.

I don't think it's possible to quantify the number of paedophiles, only the number of offenders. I'm pretty sure there are people out their who are aware of the obscenity of their attraction, but have no where to turn for help due to the hysteria over it. And they likely hate themselves for it despite never indulging it.

I'd say Paedophilia ranks more as a mental/chemical disorder then anything else.

Controversial opinion ahoy!

The very mention of child harm seems to summon up an insatiable bloodlust in people. Which is perfectly natural, giving our desire to protect our young. However, the people who do these things aren't monsters spawned from hell, or feral beasts that need to be put down. They are people with socially detrimental problems... just like schizophrenics or severe autism. There ability to comprehend the gravity of their affliction, doesn't help when their is no one willing to aid them.

THAT SAID, there are detestable people who do it for the sadistic love of it. These people are to be treated like the most extreme lunatics and fringe mental cases. If they have full control over their faculties, with no apparent mental deficiencies, then they should be imprisoned/chemically castrated.

Ragsnstitches:

I don't think it's possible to quantify the number of paedophiles, only the number of offenders. I'm pretty sure there are people out their who are aware of the obscenity of their attraction, but have no where to turn for help due to the hysteria over it. And they likely hate themselves for it despite never indulging it.

I'd say Paedophilia ranks more as a mental/chemical disorder then anything else.

Yeah, I can't imagine the hell some people go through if the whole crossed wires thing is true; and they can't help it. Although of course since it is intrinsically a violent act, it is not acceptable in the least. Ergo, no matter if the person can help it or not, they are a detriment to society if they act on their impulses; and must be imprisoned for the good of the society.

There might also be a correlation to sociopathy, whereby the individual doesn't comprehend or lacks empathy to even consider the consequences.

But at the same time, even psychopaths have to see the damage in raping a child...

Is eating a piece of toast like being an astronaut?
Are rape and sex the same thing?
Is liking pizza the same thing as liking eating shit?
Are cats and diamonds the same thing?
Is drinking water the same thing as taking the 4,879,928 hits of LSD it would take for me to say "yes" to the headline of the thread?

Well which is it? yes or no?

DrgoFx:
I'm unsure if it works the other way around, but I'm curious. If you are sexually attract to petite girls, are you into pedophilia as well? I don't think so because it's just being attracted to a mature girl that happens to look fairly young. I don't think it means the person has interest in younger women, but perhaps just likes a slender, or "cuter" form...Just my opinion. I wouldn't say I have a thing for it, but I wouldn't be turned away by it...

Edit: Quick clarification, I was sure it meant small but the class decided on young as the definition instead. So for the sake of this thread, go by both? Is it wrong to be sexually attracted to a woman that looks younger than she really is? Not the 40 year old look 20 something, though.

No it is not, I've had a similar debate with people about whether or not preferring women fully shaven is the same as pedophilia.

I've always been of the opinion that knowledge of age is what counts. If you see a girl that you know is twelve and you are turned on you have a problem. If you see a girl that looks like she is twelve but you know is eighteen and find it attractive, more power to you. Then again, I don't have a problem with people looking a lolicon either. I don't do so myself but, since it isn't hurting anyone, I don't feel I should dictate what others can and cannot do.

DANEgerous:
Is eating a piece of toast like being an astronaut?
Are rape and sex the same thing?
Is liking pizza the same thing as liking eating shit?
Are cats and diamonds the same thing?
Is drinking water the same thing as taking the 4,879,928 hits of LSD it would take for me to say "yes" to the headline of the thread?

Well which is it? yes or no?

Is it space toast?
Technically, rape is a type of sex. A bad type but a type none-the-less.
Depends if you like shit on your pizza.
No, that's silly. Cats are the ones that make diamonds.
Yes?

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: No. What could possibly compel you to even have that thought? They are absolutely nothing alike.

Pedophilia is attraction to children, if they are not children, I.E. have undergone puberty and are capable of reproduction, then being attracted to them is not pedophilia. If they are above puberty, but below the age of consent in the locality in which you reside (this varies by country, and even states within your country), then it is something else, which there is a name for, but I won't bother putting a name to what is essentially a legal definition. In short, no, attraction to women with small frames is not pedophilia.

Purtabo:

Ragsnstitches:

Yeah, I can't imagine the hell some people go through if the whole crossed wires thing is true; and they can't help it. Although of course since it is intrinsically a violent act, it is not acceptable in the least. Ergo, no matter if the person can help it or not, they are a detriment to society if they act on their impulses; and must be imprisoned for the good of the society.

There might also be a correlation to sociopathy, whereby the individual doesn't comprehend or lacks empathy to even consider the consequences.

But at the same time, even psychopaths have to see the damage in raping a child...

Right, a distinction must be made:

Psychopathy is more like a mental break. The person functioned fine, then under some form of stress or pressure, snaps and whatever psychotic act ensues.

A psychopath might commit a mureder or rape someone, it may be instantaneous or premeditated, but are more likely to feel guilt or fear repercussions.

Sociopathy are people who are literally missing key triggers in their brain. This manifests in the form of complete lack of empathy (literally, impossible for them to comprehend) or an unnatural air of selfishness (not loving one self per say, but being completely incapable of caring for others). There many other forms of sociopath beyond these 2 distinctions.

A sociopath can be incapable of considering the impact he/she has on others or might not even view others with any form of humanity (seeing them as things or objects, not living individuals). These people can be very dangerous. More often then not, these are the folks who become serial killers/rapists.

So, a psychopath might feel guilt, a sociopath is unlikely to even register remorse.

As for you remark on them being a danger to society. Well yes. Doesn't mean they don't deserve the same chance to rehabilitate as other criminals. At the moment they just get demonised and are disposed of, out of sight out of mind. But of course, it isn't out of mind... unless some form of help is offered, there will always be offenders.

It's all well and good reacting to these crimes, but what about prevention? If people felt they could confide with someone that would offer support, wouldn't that do more to stop future offences then forcing them further and further into reclusion?

It's obvious that crime and punishment only works so far. Prevention is essential, and that comes from understanding the people behind the crimes, and helping them where possible.

DrgoFx:

Oh and this

Children: are genetically designed to look in a manner that makes you want to protect them. They are proportioned, the shape of the face, size of the eyes, etc is all designed to gain sypathy and protection from adults.

Adults: on the other hand are designed to be sexually attractive. Everything (nearly) about their physical appearance is designed to make the opposite sex think that they are a suitable mate.

So A "petite" woman will never look like a child unless she is underdeveloped, or her growth was stunted through the use of certain drugs, or abnormal stress on the body. Even if she crafts herself to look like a child (cuts her hair, is flat chested, wears children's clothing you can still tell if she is an adult or not. (even if your conscious brain has issues determining for itself.)

Ragsnstitches:

1. As for you remark on them being a danger to society. Well yes. Doesn't mean they don't deserve the same chance to rehabilitate as other criminals. At the moment they just get demonised and are disposed of, out of sight out of mind. But of course, it isn't out of mind... unless some form of help is offered, there will always be offenders.

2. It's all well and good reacting to these crimes, but what about prevention? If people felt they could confide with someone that would offer support, wouldn't that do more to stop future offences then forcing them further and further into reclusion?

3. It's obvious that crime and punishment only works so far. Prevention is essential, and that comes from understanding the people behind the crimes, and helping them where possible.

1. Lets be honest, criminals aren't rehabilitated, they are cattle for prison corporations gone insane.

2. That may be fine for certain things, but pedophilia is very different, as it is an extreme taboo in society, people won't confide. They need to go to a psychiatrist, but they cant get one without talking to someone first; ergo the problem.

3. That may be fine in theory, but how are you supposed to prevent when you only figure out they are a pedo after they have committed the crime?; and what do you say to that little kid, whose innocence was stolen from them, and will have to live their lives remembering it.

Yes and so?

The moral problem with pedophilia has nothing to do with superficialities. It has to do with mental age, maturity and a power imbalance. A child simply does not have the ability to make good decisions in regards to sex. If you had someone who literally looked exactly like a child, but had the mental maturity and intelligence of someone well beyond the years s/he appears to be: there would be no moral problem. Weird? yes. But immoral? no.

12 people need to be hanged.
A small woman is not the same as a young girl. That's an idiotic idea.

Purtabo:

Ragsnstitches:

1. As for you remark on them being a danger to society. Well yes. Doesn't mean they don't deserve the same chance to rehabilitate as other criminals. At the moment they just get demonised and are disposed of, out of sight out of mind. But of course, it isn't out of mind... unless some form of help is offered, there will always be offenders.

2. It's all well and good reacting to these crimes, but what about prevention? If people felt they could confide with someone that would offer support, wouldn't that do more to stop future offences then forcing them further and further into reclusion?

3. It's obvious that crime and punishment only works so far. Prevention is essential, and that comes from understanding the people behind the crimes, and helping them where possible.

1. Lets be honest, criminals aren't rehabilitated, they are cattle for prison corporations gone insane.

2. That may be fine for certain things, but pedophilia is very different, as it is an extreme taboo in society, people won't confide. They need to go to a psychiatrist, but they cant get one without talking to someone first; ergo the problem.

3. That may be fine in theory, but how are you supposed to prevent when you only figure out they are a pedo after they have committed the crime?; and what do you say to that little kid, whose innocence was stolen from them, and will have to live their lives remembering it.

Commit a crime, serve the time. I'm not saying committing the act should be exempted from normal criminal proceedings. However, there are folks out there who may feel the urge and never acted but may one day snap. For those, a support group (not other paedophiles) would massively impact future offence rates. Prevention!

Again, the abused child deserves justice, just as the family of a murder victim deserves it. It's wrong and it should be punished when it's committed. But tell me, what happens if someone comes out and says they are attracted to kids, but hasn't and doesn't want to indulge this side of them? They have essentially committed social suicide and will never be allowed live a normal life.

So the question is, should the person who hasn't committed a crime, be treated the same way as the person who does? Should a person with a problem be ignored, even ostracised, because of others who have done harm?

Ragsnstitches:

Purtabo:

Ragsnstitches:

Commit a crime, serve the time. I'm not saying committing the act should be exempted from normal criminal proceedings. However, there are folks out there who may feel the urge and never acted but may one day snap. For those, a support group (not other paedophiles) would massively impact future offence rates. Prevention!

Again, the abused child deserves justice, just as the family of a murder victim deserves it. It's wrong and it should be punished when it's committed. But tell me, what happens if someone comes out and says they are attracted to kids, but hasn't and doesn't want to indulge this side of them? They have essentially committed social suicide and will never be allowed live a normal life.

So the question is, should the person who hasn't committed a crime, be treated the same way as the person who does? Should a person with a problem be ignored, even ostracised, because of others who have done harm?

This is a good point, but the honest answer is... I don't know. This is a huge issue in our society today, and frankly I have no idea how to fix it. Perhaps one day they can get help in a safe environment, and perhaps we as a society can get to the root of the problem. I really and truly look forward to that day.

Feel like making a separate post for this, but the r/jailbait shutdown was very enlightening for me. It offered a glimpse into the mind of people who are attracted to underage girls. People were complaining about people posting pictures of very young looking girls who were actually 18 years of older. For many of them, age is vital to their fantasy, maybe even the only factor that mattered.

Also, imagine what hellish implications for petite young women that your post has. It basically asks if the only people who will ever be attracted to them or love them will be pedophiles. You had to have known how wrong, stupid, and thoughtless your post was before you did it.

It is if you're going by Australian porn laws.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked