13.9% (25)
Any Pokemon Opening
28.3% (51)
28.3% (51)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Best English Anime Opening

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Assuming you're going by music.

Dragon Soul...not impressed (I'm sorry, but DRAGON, DRAGON, ROCK THE DRAGON). I'm a weirdo who liked the original rap opening to One Piece; that one sounds pretty weak. I never liked the opening song in Yu Yu Hakusho (ending was all right, though). Case Closed...way too soft. Kinnikuman...sorta cheesily fun, I guess? Digimon...except for the chorus, it was the Pokemon themes without the charm.

Yugioh...okay, yes, that is pretty damned awesome.

Still, of those eight? No, nothing beats the original pokemon theme.

Except...

Karutomaru:
Again, please do not be blinded by nostalgia.

Nostalgia? How young an audience are you talking to? I don't remember seeing any of those except Pokemon before 2000.

Besides, if I let nostalgia blind me, I'd be following the crowd and criticizing you for not including something specific. In my case, the original English Sailor Moon opening.

If I were to go recent, I'd say how much I loved Negima!? second season's opening.

Actually, JesuOtaku did a pretty good video on English anime opening themes. I'd link it, but my internet's acting up. >_>

I'm gonna go with the opening credits of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig. The song is "Rise" by Origa.

I'd post a video but I can't find one of the actual opening credits that isn't mirrored and had the pitch altered, or so choppy it's unwatchable because someone doesn't know how to rip a DVD. All the other videos of the actual opening have been taken down due to copyright restrictions and everything else is either slideshows or poorly edited clips of other shows which is a real insult to the song.

If it's English language anime openings it's this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTZLuuTPi8

Hm... Well, first to answer your question properly. I will pick probably either the Digimon or Pokemon. Not the first season though. That one was meh. Hell, from the 2nd season on, you might as well forget it. Orange Island... Johto Journeys. Advanced!

I was always fond of the 4kids One Piece opening. The first Japanese OP is just as boring in English. And so is the 3rd in my mind. Case Closed? No... The others were tougher. I loved Yu Yu Hakusho and Ultmate Muscle. Yu-Gi-Oh! was good too. But yeah, my decision.

Hazy992:

Daystar Clarion:

Hazy992:
When you heard those guitars you knew shit was about to go down.

Fuck yeah I did.

*brofist*

Fuck yeah!

DAMN STRAIGHT! <3.

Seeing as I'm a girl, I probably can't join the brofists. So instead, I offer smexy times! *smexes*

I prefer the One Piece opening that has Seto Kaiba...

But overall this is my favourite and will probably always be...

Stryc9:
I'm gonna go with the opening credits of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig. The song is "Rise" by Origa.

I'd post a video but I can't find one of the actual opening credits that isn't mirrored and had the pitch altered, or so choppy it's unwatchable because someone doesn't know how to rip a DVD. All the other videos of the actual opening have been taken down due to copyright restrictions and everything else is either slideshows or poorly edited clips of other shows which is a real insult to the song.

I know which one you're talking about.

I actually have the OST for both series on my iPod :D

Isn't most of opening of Rise in Russian though? There's only a few English words.

There is no excuse for not adding this option.

Oh, just noticed someone mentioned it.

Start both but mute the first.

Yes, there is English in the song, before you people complain about it.

Daystar Clarion:
Isn't most of opening of Rise in Russian though? There's only a few English words.

Actually the Russian part is about 1/3 of the song.

English language? Digimon Season 4.

Overall? Ash Like Snow (Gundam 00 2nd Opening)

ElPatron:
There is no excuse for not adding this option.

Oh, just noticed someone mentioned it.

Start both but mute the first.

Yes, there is English in the song, before you people complain about it.

Daystar Clarion:

Actually the Russian part is about 1/3 of the song.

I know that, but isn't the actual intro about that long anyway?

It plays for about 1.50 intro wise.

As a person raised on... French version of DBZ dubbed in Polish by 1 person reading everything (and untranslated opening and ending, DB, DBZ and DBGT all are "raw" French versions), I liked the DBZ Kai opening.

The unofficial, fan-made one. It's much better.

The only openings I liked from my childhood's shows was Pokemon (because they actually dubbed everything, with multiple voice actors) and Digimon... Anything before Pokemon was dubbed by 1 male voiceover.

Daystar Clarion:
The Escapist 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Then it's about 50/50, then.

ElPatron:

Daystar Clarion:
The Escapist 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Then it's about 50/50, then.

I'll take that :D

We are soldiers, stand or die!

Soviet Heavy:
Sad for YOUUU!!!

Daystar Clarion:
DRAGON DRAGON ROCK THE DRAGON DRAGON BAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL ZEEEEEEEE

Atleast we can all agree that both of your intro's are better than these two turds, right ?

As for the topic at hand, voted for pokemon intro's, don't know why... I just did.

I don't watch a whole lot of Anime, but I recently started rewatching the old Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh series, and frankly both of them have major bad-ass intros.

Absolute win.

ChupathingyX:
I prefer the One Piece opening that has Seto Kaiba...

As I said, I liked that opening as well as the initial dub, but I think Hikari E gives more of a sense of adventure, while the 4Kids opening has more a focus on action. Yes, the show is action heavy and that was my favorite part of it, but the tone of adventure was slightly more prevalent.

Did someone say good openings?

*reads OP* ahahahahahahahaha hahahaha ahahaha haha you funny.

(not english, but not japanese either. Still counts)

Man, fuck Dragonball Z. And all the other filler-infested hundreds-of-episodes anime, too.

Someone already picked my favourites (Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing) so instead I'm subbing in

What is it about Sonic and amazing (but cheesy) music...

It was years before I heard this again after first seeing it on Cartoon Network; I was determined that Ozzy Osbourne sang it.

Please do not post your own choices.

Transformers Energon for me

Yeh the Animation was a bit naff, but story was great, Characters were awesome and the theme was mind blowingly epic!

And there is a special place in my heart for Pokemon Johto (My Favourite series)

If we are going by music then Rave Master. The voices for the dub were palpable but the inaccuracies in lore with naming probably fucked itself with core fans. If it had been dubbed better maybe it would have lasted longer. The best thing for me was the ridiculously cheesy song.

If we are talking about song and opening content it is probably a draw between 1st season Pokemon and Dragonball Z. Although I do have to give a call out to Ultimate Muscle as one of the better 4kids dubs. You good there kid you did good(relatively).

Also no need to be a spoil sport.

Karutomaru:
Please do not post your own choices.

Pretty sure thats not going to happen, and more to the point why do you even care? You have a poll up there, the pole only includes the ones you put, so you can still see how many people vote what.

So chill and stop being a spoil sport XD

Personally, I like this one.

i love ghost fighter that's why i picked it :p

NameIsRobertPaulson:
English language? Digimon Season 4.

Overall? Ash Like Snow (Gundam 00 2nd Opening)

i've noticed the more recent Gundam's have had a lot of good opening songs, not to mention endings, Reason from Seed is still a favorite.

also Wheel of Destiny, love that song

Dragonball Kai hands down. While I do like what Funimation did for the One Piece dub (unlike 4Kid awful rap) but the Kai song just get my pump up like being ready for battle!!!
Also I just love the third openning where they combine one and two singers as an duet.

You really need a better list there

xam'd

gunsmith cats (the guy who did this intro later did cowboy beebop)

cromartie high school

high school of the dead

martian successor Nadesico (didn't like the series but the intro is wicked)

Daystar Clarion:

Stryc9:
*Snip*

I know which one you're talking about.

I actually have the OST for both series on my iPod :D

As far as the bit of the song used in opening credits then it's mostly in Russian and the chorus is in English, in the full song the first and last verse are in Russian and everything else is English. As far as I'm concerned that's enough English to qualify especially since that song fits the overall theme of that season anyway...almost like the song was written for that purpose...(0.o) (o.0) (0.0).

Captcha: bad egg...why not "bad wolf" instead?

Abedeus:
As a person raised on... French version of DBZ dubbed in Polish by 1 person reading everything (and untranslated opening and ending, DB, DBZ and DBGT all are "raw" French versions), I liked the DBZ Kai opening.

You mean this dub?

All cartoons should be dubbed this way

1.escaflowne-and the english version was bad good intro though

2. Rock the dragon(already posted)
3. Cyborg 009
(its from the DVD but it was used for the English version)

Hazy992:

Abedeus:

You mean this dub?

Finland has it worse
I think there guy was drunk

direkiller:

Hazy992:

Abedeus:

You mean this dub?

Finland has it worse

This is the worst dub I've ever seen

Lucem712:
I prefer the Digimon Tamers (Season 3 intro)

Hell yeah I love that intro and its the best season from Digimon in my book

Even if the whole difference is the early narration, it's much better.

direkiller:

Finland has it worse

You can't really blame the finns if the russian border is so close.

I reject your anime and I substitute my own!

I hardly mind the substitutions but could some of you guys use English openings? You know who you are. Doesn't it defeat the purpose if you do the original Japanese? At least have a little English in there somewhere.

Out of all of the ones mentioned though, I was never a fan of Cowboy Bebop's opening. But then I don't like Jazz so... *shrugs*

But now I'm off to watch more stuff on youtube because it's fun and lets me remember. *bounces*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked