13.9% (25)
13.9% (25)
Any Pokemon Opening
28.3% (51)
28.3% (51)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Best English Anime Opening

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Where's none of the above? Starblazers of course wins...

game-lover:
Hm... Well, first to answer your question properly. I will pick probably either the Digimon or Pokemon. Not the first season though. That one was meh. Hell, from the 2nd season on, you might as well forget it. Orange Island... Johto Journeys. Advanced!

I was always fond of the 4kids One Piece opening. The first Japanese OP is just as boring in English. And so is the 3rd in my mind. Case Closed? No... The others were tougher. I loved Yu Yu Hakusho and Ultmate Muscle. Yu-Gi-Oh! was good too. But yeah, my decision.

Hazy992:

Daystar Clarion:

Fuck yeah I did.

*brofist*

Fuck yeah!

DAMN STRAIGHT! <3.

Seeing as I'm a girl, I probably can't join the brofists. So instead, I offer smexy times! *smexes*

Hey we aint sexist, girls can be bros too! *brofist*

None of the above.

Clearly the best opening is the one from Samurai Pizza Cats.

And yes, I actually did watch that when it first aired. I had no idea (at that time) that it was anime - just that it was awesome.

I love the Fullmetal alchemist openings (first one and Brotherhood) but they have to be dubbed into English :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixWTGL21CwU

Daystar Clarion:
I reject your options and substitute my own!

I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...

My vote is with this one. :)

if i had to pick a japanese version i'd go with High school DxD opening and ending because:
fan service > music.

well since i dont live in an english speaking country i didnt grow up with these songs in english... i heard them in hebrew!
and by far the best was the first opening for pokemon... so i know its not in english but shut up!

aba1:
Also even though Death Note is very overrated I always loved there second OP

This because it's the one i made my avatar from :D

Also this

EDIT- didn't see the english bit so this instead

Excuse me but where the fuck is Samurai Champloo?

I've never made it this far into one of these threads without seeing it posted.

game-lover:
I hardly mind the substitutions but could some of you guys use English openings? You know who you are. Doesn't it defeat the purpose if you do the original Japanese? At least have a little English in there somewhere.

Realized the "English" in the title ten seconds after my initial post. The fact that I tried to be snarky made it all the more embarassing.
In all honesty though, the one I posted was used as both the japanese intro and the english intro, they didn't bother to try and translate it.

Hazy992:
Dragon Soul's too cheesy (it's slightly better in Japanese). Real men listen to Rock The Dragon

Also, why in the fuck did the captcha ask me what my education level was?

Looking back at the English anime intro, I can't help but notice that a lot of the images for the intro to the Anime series stem from the first few DBZ movies (Tree of Might, Dead Zone, etc.).

Not complaining, though; I still prefer this intro the DBZ Kai one.

An ENGLISH opening? Who the hell do you think I am?

CrimsonBlaze:

Hazy992:
Dragon Soul's too cheesy (it's slightly better in Japanese). Real men listen to Rock The Dragon

Looking back at the English anime intro, I can't help but notice that a lot of the images for the intro to the Anime series stem from the first few DBZ movies (Tree of Might, Dead Zone, etc.).

Not complaining, though; I still prefer this intro the DBZ Kai one.

Yeah I noticed that as well (not as a kid as I never saw the movies although I always wondered who those enemies were). It's weird they did that, IDK why they didn't use clips from the show.

Poll is disappointing. In ALL of anime the ONLY intro I can watch at all, and therefore is the best, is Cowboy Bebop's.

Hazy992:

Man, been forever since I heard that, and still as awesome now as it was back then. Listening to that, you can't help but want to go out and do kung fu all over the place.

rednose1:

Hazy992:

Man, been forever since I heard that, and still as awesome now as it was back then. Listening to that, you can't help but want to go out and do kung fu all over the place.

Damn straight! It really sets the tone for the rest of the show :D

Daystar Clarion:

Agreed, I love this OP :)

Bara_no_Hime:
None of the above.

Clearly the best opening is the one from Samurai Pizza Cats.

And yes, I actually did watch that when it first aired. I had no idea (at that time) that it was anime - just that it was awesome.

LOL, I know right. I loved that show but I didn't think it was anime either. Which was funny 'cause it came on the same time as Mega Man causing me to have to go back and forth during commercials.

Did you people read my posts at all?

So lets make a new list a pretend that the poll has some good choices on it:
1. Cowboy Bebop

2. Gunslinger Girl

3. Wolf's Rain

4. Dragon Ball Z

5. Hellsing

6. Dominion Tank Police

7. Serial Experiments Lain

8. Other because there are lot of other good ones

Hazy992:

Abedeus:
As a person raised on... French version of DBZ dubbed in Polish by 1 person reading everything (and untranslated opening and ending, DB, DBZ and DBGT all are "raw" French versions), I liked the DBZ Kai opening.

You mean this dub?

All cartoons should be dubbed this way

Yes.

And if you ignore the dub, you can HEAR THE FRENCH VOICES. THAT ARE DUBBED CORRECTLY.

Correctly as in full voice over by multiple actors, not one boring-sounding guy with no emotions. That's worse than subtitles, since you can't "hear the voices in your head" as you read it. You get the same emotion in voice from "I LOVE YOU!" as from "I have never had gonorrhea that bad in my life" or "Please kill me I am bored to death".

Abedeus:

Hazy992:

Abedeus:
As a person raised on... French version of DBZ dubbed in Polish by 1 person reading everything (and untranslated opening and ending, DB, DBZ and DBGT all are "raw" French versions), I liked the DBZ Kai opening.

You mean this dub?

All cartoons should be dubbed this way

Yes.

And if you ignore the dub, you can HEAR THE FRENCH VOICES. THAT ARE DUBBED CORRECTLY.

Correctly as in full voice over by multiple actors, not one boring-sounding guy with no emotions. That's worse than subtitles, since you can't "hear the voices in your head" as you read it. You get the same emotion in voice from "I LOVE YOU!" as from "I have never had gonorrhea that bad in my life" or "Please kill me I am bored to death".

Haha yeah I know :D It seems to have a second's delay between the French dub and the voice over so it just sounds weird

Karutomaru:

I'm sure they are... but apparently don't like your directions.

You probably would have been better to post an "other" or "none" option.

Sorry, but without Cowboy Bebop option this poll is invalid. Tank beats all others by a mile!!

Well, I really loved the first series of pokemon's opening, like everyone, Yu-gi-oh's series 1 opening is awesome if you listen to the full thing, in my opinion, and, well.....Digimon adventure's English version just fits with how I see Digimon, more. Digital monsters that become champions in order to kick ass and save the digital world. That's all that ever, really mattered to me....but the story helps. A lot.

Karutomaru:

Yep we just like ours better :D

What, no love for Digimon seasons 1 and 2? They had the most epic theme song!

Darknacht:
Wow I think you are blinded by nostalgia I wouldn't consider any of those even in the top ten best openings.
Off the top of my head I'm going to go with Hellsing

Hellsing, appart from having one hell of a stylish opening, is the best English dubbed anime. Period. /controvosy

As far as super ridiculous poorly written and sung english openers

this one takes the cake hell it got me into the series

Buuuuut

Code Geass's opener owns just about everything basicly ever.

Also on a side note back when funimation took over one piece and had Vic sing those songs in english was when I quit watching one piece that was just unacceptable

Yeah, have to go with the Cowboy Bebop opening for this one. Not only is the show a great example of English voice acting for an anime done right, but the intro scene is short enough to not become obnoxious, yet engaging enough to get you pumped for the episode.

In that same vein, there's also the Big O! opening (which sounds remarkably like the flash gordon theme song by Queen):

The Trigun opening (short, sweet, and with a catchy rock anthem):

Edit: Ah, I see this is quickly devolving into a discussion of favorite openings and not just English openings. My heart weeps for this soon to be derailed thread.

game-lover:

Karutomaru:

I was only asking for a poll of these 8! Nothing else!

Karutomaru:

game-lover:

Karutomaru:

But our choices are better than your choices.

Honestly, the openings I remember were all in Japanese. Teen Titans is the only one I can think of that I've seen with an English opening. (Two, if you count the "Larry" version) Although, it still had a Japanese version that was used just about as often.

Appropriately enough, my favorite opening comes from my (currently) favorite anime. The song is called "Period". Can you guess where it's from?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDPllI3DrGg

Karutomaru:

game-lover:

Karutomaru:

Well where's the discussion value in that?

The value in discussing the ones presented to us by me.

Daystar Clarion:

Well, I have to agree with you there sir!

My favorite opening that wasn't included with the DVD release I got was Teknoman

Dont know how to link it on youtube so try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP5JjHQhslw

If that doesn't work search "teknoman opening good quality"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked