Your magical power

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So I've been watching Fairy Tail the last few days and this, apart from this furthering my confussion about why people who have invented guns still insisted on fight with swords, made me think. What would your magic be?

For a frame with reference in this anime all the wizards have a different form of magic. Some are elemental (fire, earth etc.), some are more for warrior convenience (some can change weapons in a flash) and other are very character specific (2 guys have gun magic bizarrely, a guy uses smoke from his pipe and one paints things that come to life).

I thought of metal magic. By this I mean that I would be able to manipulate metal when I touch it. When I think of this I would be able to touch, say a sword and make it look so evil that the daedric gear in Skyrim would look like a childrens toy. This with the ablity to requip (the fast weapon changing that I mentioned earlier) would make me into a really badass warrior. This sort of fighting really suits the way I fight in RPGs plus I want to be able to change the shape of something at a whim.

What would your power be? Please don't say something stupidly overpowered. Give as many details as you can

EDIT: I forgot to add something about my power. If it is set in Fairy Tails world (lets just say that this all is) I would join a guild and just hang out making the coolest gear ever.

DrRockor:
S
What would your power be? Please don't say something stupidly overpowered. Give as many details as you can

I would probably take healing magic if given the chance, unless you're talking about how I would use my powers? I'd probably do a silly little dance and say words like "boop BOOP " and then my spell would be cast.

I would make ludicrous amounts of money by charging people to heal them, I would not be able to prevent damage from happening (which means anyone around me and myself would be able to be killed) but would be able to restore you back to fighting condition from just about any injury.

And I'd pretend I was a good guy because of my powers but I'd really be a sneaky evil cleric who's main goal is power!

I would say the power of the Medicine Seller from the animes, Ayakashi and Mononoke.

The man has numerous basic techniques and bits of knowledge for figuring out or flushing out the supernatural. Purification talismans, scales which measure the distance and direction of said creature, stuff like that? The most interesting, though? A sword which is semi-sentient, able to purify or remove any such creature once he learns the Truth, Form, and Regret of it. And from there, the thing will open and a blazing weapon of great magnitude will finish it.

I have always ha a rather unique idea of a super power that would let you reach into a TV screen, drawing or photo and be able to retrieve physical copies if said image.

I would make my own army of clones with light sabers and portal guns and fly around in my TARDIS bringing justice to the world.

I'd totally have a Devil Trigger.

Faster, stronger, harder to kill.

Especially if it's anything like this.

The ability to summon any creature I have a Magic: The Gathering card of, but I still have to use the Mana system, which means I need to carry around jars of various elements around with me to be able to summon anything. I could, though, carry a Storm Crow in my wallet and turn a bottle of water on its side, and have an awesome crow show up.
Caw, caw!

I'm a time mage. I could manipulate time to my advantage . Remember the time mages in final fantasy tactics? Slow , haste , quicken , STOP . Especially stop . Their only offensive ability was meteor , which took a long ass time to cast , but with all the other spells they had it really wasn't that bad . Plus manipulating time would be an awsome power in real life .

Daystar Clarion:

Shame on you for not taking amateratsu's ( did i write that properly?) ability to slow down time from that same game . I Hereby revoke your avatar rights .

krazykidd:

Daystar Clarion:

Shame on you for not taking amateratsu's ( did i write that properly?) ability to slow down time from that same game . I Hereby revoke your avatar rights .

Both made by Capcom and appear in the same game.

It still counts :D

Never heard of Fairy tale before...

I'd totally opt to have the ability to change the properties of my body and weapons at will.

If it were an RPG environment this would result with a number of body presets I could choose between. High defense due to changing the properties of my skin to be more like steel. High speed and offense if I changed my body to a far more athletic form with stronger muscles. Variations on that theme with more being learned as I go along.

I could also modify my swords properties, making it stronger or granting me the ability to strike several times in a turn. Maybe that ability would be important in the story as a strengthened sword could be used to penetrate a magical barrier and hit an orb of power, shattering it or something. I'd also like to be able to spend a turn changing the characteristics of my enemies weapons/bodies to force them to change their fighting tactics.

If I wasn't using these powers I would just be a default sword wielding class.

I wish I had the power to learn things at an accelerated rate. Like you know when you read skill books in Skyrim and you go up a level?

Well, maybe not like that. I wish I can activate some sort of magical power where I'd touch a book and I can almost instantly learn whatever is inside. The effect would be like reading a 600 page novel in seconds.

I don't know if you consider that "stupidly overpowered," but if you do, oh well.

GobbieGoldchain:
I wish I had the power to learn things at an accelerated rate. Like you know when you read skill books in Skyrim and you go up a level?

Well, maybe not like that. I wish I can activate some sort of magical power where I'd touch a book and I can almost instantly learn whatever is inside. The effect would be like reading a 600 page novel in seconds.

I don't know if you consider that "stupidly overpowered," but if you do, oh well.

this. Was going to be mine, so I'll think of something else.

Personally, I'd like the ability to sooth people with my presence or something to that effect.

All the basic psychic-based powers.

-Telekinesis a la the show both our avatars are from

-Short bursts of teleportation also a la the same show

-Mind reading. Resistable. More difficult against spellcasters, smarter people or those specifically trained against it. Mental communication also falls in this category

-Limited duration levitation

-Psychic barriers(including creative applications like psiblades, etc.)

-Up to 3 seconds of premonition, reduced as I get mentally exhausted

the Alters from S-cry-ed always liked those, the 'harmonizing' type, like Kazuma's specifically.

mine would cover my arms and legs and be attuned to the 'darkness' element

I already had this post written but when I hit post I got the 404 page and lost it. (Wish the Escapist had some sort of recover feature for when that happens, seriously it's very annoying.) Anyway I'm not writting it again so here's a shorter version.

It's a form of lost creation magic called the Branch of Sin (Based of Deadman Wonderland)

It allows me to control the blood in my body to create several types of weapons and magic based attacks.

The magic also has a mind of it's own, another me if you will and although it stays dormant it will appear when things get tough for me. He calls himself Mockingbird a blood thirsty warrior with the ablity to copy the magic used by the opponent however this isn't for keeps and he can only take one magic at a time, once he leaves and I get my body back, I lose all memory of the magic.

Transformation.

Not just "Oh look you turned into me" but "Oh god, OH GOD, What the hell is that Eldritch beast". I mean like I could warp my body into any shape I wish as long as I only work with what I am made of.

If you really think about it this could work as both a healing factor and immortality. Just transform into a non injured state (or transform around whatever is harming you) for the former and transform into a younger version of myself for the later.

To have my drawings and painting come to life. That would be awesome, except for some of the monsters I drew...I don't think they'll be so friendly.

Ability to take things out of video games and books. I would not however automatically know how to control them so summoning a daedra god probably isn't an amazing idea. Also it has to be physical so I couldn't take immortality or anything.

The ability to create things that I visualize... I mean, how awesome would that be?

Visualize a working portal gun! Visualize the perfect guy/girl for you!
...visualize yourself with a different hair color or face! Or even change everything about yourself just to see what it's like!

Visualize a better world! Visualize a better human race!

...or visualize a zombie apocalypse after you visualize enough food, weapons, and supplies to survive it! Yeah, I like that one!

Mmmm... zombies...

Probably something related to time manipulation. Give me the power to stop time at my whim, to slow it or speed it up at my convenience, to reverse it at the behest of my folly. I care not for your lightning fingers or flame embossed swords, I'll stick with the most practical of powers to enliven my routine and un-dire my straits.

Probably overpowered, but I already have assigned magical powers from my physics class. As the token engineering-double student I have the power of bending reality to my approximations.

So basically I can generate vacuums, make surfaces frictionless and turn random objects into spheres.

the power to rewrite reality through a book. If I actually had this ability I'd just use it to travel to other realities (like any tv show or book) and mess around.

Was going to go psychic, but that's already taken. Hmm, weather control? I've always been preferential to arcane magic that was, well, arcane as opposed to the specific and arbitrary magics of RPGs today. Y'know, stuff like this, or this, or (especially) this

So yeah, kairokinsis (which I assume means the ability to control weather).

Duplication magic. I'd be my own army of magicians.

The ability to telepathically open a door if, and only if, I am within 2ft from the door and have atleast one free hand. Best super power/magic ability ever.

Illusion! I would love illusion magic. Would want to be able to turn invisible and make illusion copies of myself and make people see what I want them to see. Like making a copy of myself in the position I'm standing and turning invisible at the same time would be a great escape technique.

I don't know about this anime, but our world is roughly 70 percent water. Coincidently human bodies are also about 60%.

Hydromancy/Cryomancy would definately be my choice.

I just started watching Soul Eater, and I've played alot of Prototype 2, so being able to turn parts of my body into weapons sounds awsome, and makes it so I don't have to carry much. I can be sadisticly creative, so I can see this working for me. The only real downside is that the power could only really be used in combat, or cooking I suppose.

Gravity. Be able to change it at will. Come charging i stop it and you go flying. Big guy with a big gun. lets turn it up a notch and see if you can hold it up still.

I've been thinking about it and someones choice of magic says a lot about them. I want to be able to manipulate metal mainly so that I could find somewhere cool to hang out and make stuff based off a mind that has been warped from a lot of horror movies and a fasination with biology.

I've noticed that a couple of people have said thinks based off manipulating their out bodies. This brings to my mind someone that doesn't want to rely on external factors and feels they should only rely on their own strength

Why I'm analysing this? I don't know. I just put too much thought into this stuff.

Its a tough call - Either Orihime's powers from Bleach (well, the healing and shield anyway, screw that other fairy that cant kill anything for sh*t) or teleportation. But then time manipulation (slow it down/speed it up, rewind it, stop it, etc) is tempting too.

I'll go with teleportation for now. Id have a lot of use for it!

EDIT: Someone up there is including teleportation amongst other things so if teleportation is my one skill, then I'm including long-range teleportation too - long-range, as in, across oceans.

Shifting and changing the shapes of metal at will. I'd almost never be without resources, and even just a knife could be made into a variety of tools.

Well, in a fantasy world idea and not this life but with magic I'd say...

Being able to create a blue crystals in the air around me and to meld them into shapes. I'd be able to shape them into a trident/sword, throw spikes of them, and form platforms under me so I could run up into the air, forming steps as I ran and dissolving the ones behind me.

Though abilities like being able to learn at a much advanced rate (as already said) would be sooo useful in real world. Though teleportation would be quite a lot funner... or being able to fly.

Is there a shape-shifting magic? If so that's what I would want.

The power of chilling peoples' fucks.

It wouldn't be the most fun of superpowers, but it would be a Hell of a lot easier just to like, go walk up to the vicinity of an embassy during important delegations and use "chill the fuck out" magics to make them all come to an agreement about what the best and most responsible course of action is.

Just keep me in your party, and the only time you'll have to fight is when conflict is the true best course of action. And even then, it would be a reasonably and respectfully conducted battle.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked