If you had to face a Boggart, what would it be?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

For those who don't know, a boggart is a creature that takes the shape of what you are most afraid of.

For me, it would be a giant, floppy, half rotten fish, with dead eyes.. being ridden by a baby with a giant head. That shit would terrify me!

A scorpion with spider-legs, hissing like a snake, able to seemingly float around and too big to squash with your foot, but small enough to be able to hide on your body.

Or something like that...

Nightmare Moon.

Never again...

Probably a giant wasp, I'm absolutely terrified of wasps/bees

Ugh, I don't really know. I've always felt funny when I hear those "I'm your greatest fear" lines. Not that I don't have one, I just don't know what it is. If I had to guess, some sort of undead-ish looking humanoid-ish creature. Not a zombie, as those don't look intelligent, this one does and acts as one. Had a nightmare with that once (close enough, let's call it a nightmare), fairly recently - within last month or two. I'm telling you, that's probably the most unsettling nightmare I've had.

A seagull, maybe.
A really menacing one.

Seeing as my greatest fear isn't exactly something you can personify, I'm going to say the dude from the video from 'Another Brick in the Wall' by Pink Floyd - hard to describe him so:

The puppet/animated dude from about 0:35 - 0:40 seconds in. He's always freaked me out. 0:50 - 0:55 isn't much better either. Urgh.

Giant, unnatural aberration, similar to a deep-sea fish/monster with screwed eye/teeth/body/tentacle shapes and proportions. Floating in a complete darkness around me, possibly under water.

Probably myself. I have a lot of very bad character flaws that I absolutely hate & am trying to get rid of, but would find very hard to face.

Alternatively, these guys:

DoPo:
Ugh, I don't really know. I've always felt funny when I hear those "I'm your greatest fear" lines. Not that I don't have one, I just don't know what it is. If I had to guess, some sort of undead-ish looking humanoid-ish creature. Not a zombie, as those don't look intelligent, this one does and acts as one. Had a nightmare with that once (close enough, let's call it a nightmare), fairly recently - within last month or two. I'm telling you, that's probably the most unsettling nightmare I've had.

Yeah kinda like that this guys describing. Like a zombie, but intelligent. Also it would be super fast, kinda like you blink and its in front of you. Its eyes would probably be black orbs too since that kinda creeps me out.

A giant human sized rat dirty and smelling of urine chattering at me with its giant beady eyes. Uh ... I think I need to lie down.

A giant hairy spider. Nothing with that many legs and eyes should be allowed to live. I don't even know what I hate more. The way their legs move creeps me the fuck out but their eyes are just the solid, soulless black of the hellish abyss that they came from.

A giant Brussel Sprout with spider legs ..... and it sings Spice Girls.

Probably a dementor. Not that I'm afraid of losing the happy feelings that just radiate from within me, but it's the fact that a dementor can steal my soul, the very essence of who I am.

If someone's worst fear was a friend dying would the boggart just be killing itself or turn into a corpse? O.o

The giant squid/spider hybrid that haunts my nightmares...

The Squider. Seriously, fuck that guy.

I think it would be interesting, scientifically to find out. I've always viewed fear as kind of an absolute: you're afraid or you aren't. But there are a great list of things it could be; spiders, poisons and lightning to name a few.

A swarm of wasps..

Captcha: move mountains, I sure would to get away from it!

Keoul:
If someone's worst fear was a friend dying would the boggart just be killing itself or turn into a corpse? O.o

It would turn into the corpse of that friend. This actually happens after a fashion in book 6 or something of HP. It isn't actually dead though =)

Anyway, I really don't know what it would be for me. Sadly one of my guesses is that wit would be a person, maybe that I had really hurt by something I had knowingly done.

Something supernatural and creepy that I think will kill me painfully I suppose.

Right now though... I'm too unhappy to care.

Mortai Gravesend:
Something supernatural and creepy that I think will kill me painfully I suppose.

Things not going to well?

I'm having a hard time thinking of a phobia that a boggart could become to scare me. I'm sure it could BE scary, but to actually make me run away in terror would be hard. I think the best way to unsettle me would be become me. The threat of an actual evil twin/doppelganger is far more sinister than anything else I can think of right now.

It would be two part. It would first be something that I become invested in like the perfect girl or a fulfilling goal and then it would be the threat of that crumbling away.

There really isn't anything substancial that I'm scared off otherwise. Cockroaches are kind of gross I suppose so maybe a giant one of those that can only be defeated by eating it alive.

lord Claincy Ffnord:

Mortai Gravesend:

Not at all. And unlike most times posting isn't helping me keep my mind off things.

Hairy Millipede (only thing I'm afraid to touch), singing acapella (the music I hate the most), colored like a wasp (ugly color), worst smell you can think of. That or a weeping angel (from Doctor Who).

Even a Shoggoth or Nyarlathotep is more appealing.

A two-headed megasandsharktopus (It's a Megashark [A bigass super shark from a movie] , a sand shark [a shark that also swims through sand as well as water] a sharktopus [a shark with the tail and back half replaced with octopus tentacles] and a two-headed shark, all put together into one horrible abomination 120 metres long, 30 metres wide and can jump out of the sand at a beach).

A cockroach with the face of a skulltura.

Mortai Gravesend:

lord Claincy Ffnord:

Mortai Gravesend:

Not at all. And unlike most times posting isn't helping me keep my mind off things.

Hope things improve. I can't really offer any advice, my main way of dealing with shit is escapism in video games and books.

lord Claincy Ffnord:

Mortai Gravesend:

lord Claincy Ffnord:

Hope things improve. I can't really offer any advice, my main way of dealing with shit is escapism in video games and books.

Those would probably help if I could justify ignoring my homework to do those. The homework really doesn't help with that otherwise I'd probably just sleep or something. Thanks though.

Probably some sort of ghost/zombie. Anything supernatural and scary really. A dragon I could handle because it almost makes sense but the moment you bring in undead I am getting the fuck out of there.

The ocean. Seriously, fuck that guy. I hope he dries up or something.

So there was this girl...

A praying mantis.

Seriously, those things freak me out.

Slenderman

/thread?

Seriously though, I don't scare easily but the scariest thing for me is just reading creepy pastas late at night home alone and his are the ones that stick with me.

Seeing as its something from Harry Potter it would probably keep its original form. Can't understate how much I hate dealing with anything HP.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here