Recommend me South Korean films

Recommend me good South Korean movies.
I have seen Oldboy and I Saw the Devil so no need to recommend them.
Captcha I love you

Try Crying Fist. Has Choi Min-Sik from the two you saw. I hear it's good.

I think North Korea has much better movies imo, like that one about Kim Jon-Il .

Well if you have seen Oldboy you may aswell watch Park Chan Wook's other films like:

Lady Vengeance
Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
Thirst
I'm a Cyborg But That's Ok

The first two in the list being the other two films in his Vengeance Trilogy with Oldboy. Also, you should watch A Tale of Two Sisters which is apparantely very good but I haven't seen it yet myself.

I love 'Attack the Gas Station'. It is about some hoodlums try to rob a gas station, but it ends up not having any money at all so they end up having to pump gas to have money to steal. Things are complicated when they have to keep anyone who enters as hostage. Soon the gas station is filled with people. It is a comedy and quite enjoyable.

'Cop of the Year' I think it is called is another comedy, but it turns into drama in the latter half. These two rival police precincts have a contest who can arrest the most people. They end up getting in each others' way when arresting people and trying to "steal" each others criminals.

"Haeundae" was a widely popular disaster movie if you happen to like those.

If you enjoy horror, there is numerous ghost school ones. One I remember well is about women trying to kill each other for a pair of red high heels that brings bad luck. It is simply called 'The Red Shoes".

"A Tale of Two Sisters" is a moody ghost story that has little gore.

I'm currently living in South Korea now ^^.

Flamezdudes:
Lady Vengeance
Thirst

Can only recommend these movies as well, especially I'm a Cyborg.

I also heard good things about Mother.

The Good The bad The weird was a riot. Enjoyed that muchly.

Also The Host was lots of fun too.

I also second practically all of the Park Chan Wook films previously mentioned. Especially if Song Kang Ho is in them.

Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War.

A very good film about the Korean War that doesn't openly glorify either side and focuses on two brothers conscripted into the conflict.

Flamezdudes:
Lady Vengeance
Thirst

Thirded for the first two, I have yet to see the latter two, sadly. That'll be remedied soon enough, though.

As for other recommendations, I'll say:
The Man from Nowhere
A Bittersweet Life
Hindsight/Blue Salt(most likely going under the first name)
Memories of Murder(about the first serial killer in SK)
The Chaser
Three... Extremes(actually three shorter movies going under the same moniker, but all very well made)
A Tale of Two Sisters(as cereal mentioned)
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring(not violent at all, but an interesting subject matter).
Joint Security Area(also by Park Chan-Wook)
Audition(very much a mindfuck)

All of the above are, in my opinion, great movies that are all worth a watch. The first two, along with Oldboy are my three favourite South Korean movies of all time.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked