What's your midnight snack?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

You know the situation you're in the middle of a gaming session and hunger strikes. What do you do? whip up an omelette? makes some nachos? the possibilities are endless.

So, Escapees what is your midnight snack food?

Personally I like cheese on toast, if I'm feeling really peckish I'll put on an under topping like tuna or bacon.

Crisps.
If not, whatever's in the cupboard.
Lately it's been biscuits or jelly, because I had those.
Damnit, now I'm hungry!

Insta noodles mostly. Quick, cheap, and if you have the right brand, utterly fudging delicious.

In the dire situation that I wouldn't happen to have any delicious noodles, I go for simple cornflakes with milk. Cornflakes with milk tastes best at midnight.

ZehMadScientist:
Insta noodles mostly. Quick, cheap, and if you have the right brand, utterly fudging delicious.

In the dire situation that I wouldn't happen to have any delicious noodles, I go for simple cornflakes with milk. Cornflakes with milk tastes best at midnight.

Aldi sell some really awesome shrimp flavour noodles, cheap noodles are much nicer than any of the big brand insta noodles. Batchelors can fuck off they taste like shit.

Tortilla chips. Or ramen. Or whatever I happen to have laying around that's edible.

I usually go for:

It's filling so I won't end up overeating and the fruit (especially the apples and strawberries) are so friggin delicious.

I'm lucky if I remembered to eat, but when I do that it tends to be whatever fruit I happen to have laying around.

about to go to bed, 02:54 here, but I've just made myself two eggs, hard-boiled.
To be devoured with 1) this stuff and/or 2) Worcester Sauce

Goofguy:
I usually go for:

It's filling so I won't end up overeating and the fruit (especially the apples and strawberries) are so friggin delicious.

*high-fives in mutual love of CostCo store-brand foods*

OT: I generally just wait until morning if I'm hungry at night, but if I'm up anyway, I'll generally go with a PB&J sandwich and a glass of milk. It's also one of my favorite breakfasts, since it's easy and tasty.

Milk. Even if I'm not that thirst, milk.

If the hunger is too bad, I'll loot the snacks.

Olives. I like smaller black olives, not the usual Kalamatas, unpitted because the pitted ones get a bit soft for me. You only need a few to settle the hunger.

purf:
about to go to bed, 02:54 here, but I've just made myself two eggs, hard-boiled.
To be devoured with 1) this stuff and/or 2) Worcester Sauce

I like peeling of the egg's shell and then eating it whole, it's especially awesome when the yolk's still runny it's like a taste explosion

Water. Because I'm nothing if not vain to the point of camp.

toast.. the ultimate snack morning, noon and night. a food you can each while you decide what you are going to eat.

people saying writing or speech is the greatest human invention. its not. its toast

Special K cereal with strawberries. Yum.

Or if I'm feeling like something more savory... I usually have pasta with cheese. Also yummy.

nikki191:
toast.. the ultimate snack morning, noon and night. a food you can each while you decide what you are going to eat.

people saying writing or speech is the greatest human invention. its not. its toast

Yeah toast!

Bacon and/or cereal. Seriously, nothing beats Midnight Breakfast.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

I'm in that situation right now. Cauliflower works quite well.

Usually whatever I had for dinner, or whatever I can find in the fridge.

Midnight is the time for perfecting the art of the grilled cheese sandwich.

Anyone who says otherwise: You're doing it wrong.

I used to like chips (Cheddar or Sour Cream & Onion) , but now I just find them disgusting. I'm more of a jerky kinda guy now. Barring that I just drink water or eat dinner's leftovers.

There's always leftovers.

Medium toasted everything bagel, mayonnaise, deli turkey, and whatever cheese is available. It's an amazing sandwich for any time of day. Even midnight.

I normally make a pair of hotdogs and eat them in tortillas.

DustyDrB:

Grilled cheese sounds fucking delicious right now though...

Usually cold pizza.

My midnight snack is goldfish crackers with a glass of milk. Goldfish are like crack to me.

Usually I have cookies and milk. Specifically oreos. Or, if I'm watching a movie or something lengthy on Youtube, I break out the Popcorn.

DustyDrB:

Goddamn now I want some grilled cheese. :P

Right now...it's been usually Chobani Vanilla yogurt with Hershey's Special Dark morsels stirred in.

Makes for an awesome snacking experience.

Mine's a wide variety of possibilities...

If I'm really lazy it's a granola bar, crackers with dip or a piece of bread with peanut butter. "Fancy"-er snacks would be a full sandwich or steamed rice with a bit of cheeze whiz (better than it sounds).

And my more ambitious snacks are home-made nachos or gourmet hotdogs.

salt and vinegar chips (despite the fact that i'm allergic to my favorite brand), tuna salad, or pelmeni.

Lev The Red:
salt and vinegar chips (despite the fact that i'm allergic to my favorite brand), tuna salad, or pelmeni.

Oh my word i LOVE and i mean LOVE salt and vinegar chips but since a recent umm how should i put this?....laps in common sense? yeah that sounds good well anyway i ate 4 Large bags of them in one evening back to back ...yeah i couldn't feel the inside of my mouth or taste anything for about 2 weeks... yeah my mouth hurts every time i see salt and vineger chips now.

Capt Crunch cereal... *sigh* You think at the age of 20, it would be a little more exciting than that.

Zenomorph:

Lev The Red:
snip

Oh my word i LOVE and i mean LOVE salt and vinegar chips but since a recent umm how should i put this?....laps in common sense? yeah that sounds good well anyway i ate 4 Large bags of them in one evening back to back ...yeah i couldn't feel the inside of my mouth or taste anything for about 2 weeks... yeah my mouth hurts every time i see salt and vinegar chips now.

i try not to eat them because i have an allergy to something in Utz brand salt and vinegar chips that causes the skin on the inside of my mouth and tongue to peel. nothing dangerous, just gross and annoying.

Usually instant noodles, Especially spicy ones. If I'm out of those, There is a 24/7 dairy around the corner from my flat.

Whatever is on the stove, in the fridge, on or under the table.

I make myself a sandwich. If I'm hungry now, I can stay hungry for another 10 minutes while the sandwich is in the sandwich maker. =D

I do most my cooking at late night. I get the pots and pans. Pasta is the one I cook the most. I add tinned tomato, spring onion, bacon and herbs.

The washing up sucks but it's worth it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked