Tomorrow I'm gonna do something stupid and pointless with little chance of success.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Strain42:
Snipped

That calls for a Carlsberg.

And how far away was your heart from exiting your chest whilst you were asking her out? ^^

Strain42:
snip

I am extremely proud of you. I probably couldn't have done it as well as you.
Good job and better luck next time!

Ahhh too bad, but still it could've gone a lot worse and you definitely leveled up your confidence stat today! I shall raise a glass to you tonight, well done sir!

Even though your attempt was a failure well done good sir! I believe this calls for an Internet Six Pack!

The wonders of human empathy. You made my day great deal better sir, and I have to congratulate you with your excellent pair of balls.

I salute you and your quest! Though I'm sorry it is probably going to end horribly...

Strain42:
snip

Ah good on ya for trying! Now go to a pub and enjoy a cold one!

I wish you the best of luck. If nothing else, perhaps you'll gain a friend, and be able to keep in touch much longer. The worst she can do is say no. (:

Carpe diem.

This is ridiculous. I love it! Good luck sir, may the best of luck be with you!

Strain42:
Wish me luck!

...For those of you who want some more details here about what you're wishing me luck for. I'm about to ask out a professor at my school.

My final semester as a student here is about to end, and I can't let myself leave the school forever without taking this shot.

Chances are she'll say No (and I'm not saying this as any sort of confidence issue just...I mean in the given scenario, it makes sense lol)

But I'm gonna go for it. Carpe Diem and all the jazz!

... Alright officially I need you to PM with the results. Its necessary for me to know lol.

Supah:

Strain42:
Wish me luck!

...For those of you who want some more details here about what you're wishing me luck for. I'm about to ask out a professor at my school.

My final semester as a student here is about to end, and I can't let myself leave the school forever without taking this shot.

Chances are she'll say No (and I'm not saying this as any sort of confidence issue just...I mean in the given scenario, it makes sense lol)

... Alright officially I need you to PM with the results. Its necessary for me to know lol.

Check page 5 at post 152.

Yeah sorry bout that, I read up a few comments and noticed what happened so I skimmed through the thread til I found out what happened. Anyhow, sucks that it turned out that way but I gotta respect an attempt like that lol. I doubt I would've had the guts to even try in your shoes.

I salute you Sir, if you lived nearby I would award you with the finest cheapest cigar available at the local smoke shop.

I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted, but well done for trying! That takes a serious amount of courage.

Shoulda said: "We'll bang, ok?"

Good man.

Whenever you think back, you will now never have to say "I wonder what would have happened...",
instead you can say "It didnīt work. But I tried."
And trust me, in the long run, that is the much sweeter thought.

I tip my hat for you good sir, For you have some brass balls.

To bad that it didn't work out. But what can you do in a sitaution like that except kill the guy that is in your way then back of like a gentleman and move forward.

Better luck next time.

Strain42:
Snip

Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

The imaginary beers are on you? Bullfuckenshit!

Here ya go, a nice pint of Hobgoblin!

But yeah, my hats off to you sir.

A nice story to read and even though it did not have the best happy ending in the world, it still proves that guys can do some pretty outrages things for someone they like. Like many before me said, you got balls and I admire your courage to do that.
I tip my hat off to you and wish you the best.

Captcha quote: "june july"
Possible prediction for the upcoming months? Beach weather sounds pretty good to me :D

Oh, and this has nothing to do with the story, but I also saw a REALLY bad-ass truck on my ride home. It was a bright green truck and on the back was a mural of the Green Goblin holding a pumpkin bomb and looking at a city and it had letters that said "This city belongs to me!"

...It was pretty cool.

I'm glad you've all enjoyed the story. I wish you all luck on your future endeavors as well. And seriously, thanks for all the kudos and support...and imaginary beer.

That Hobgoblin really hit the spot lol

i really wish my forever alone friend would take advice from you, yh you failed but unlike most people you actually gave it a shot and i tip my hate to you sir

I wish I had teachers that were worth asking out.

Kudos for the courage though! Takes a lot of balls to step towards something like that!

A tip of the hat to you my friend. May that beer taste extra sweet.

Eh, I never had any "hot" teachers in my classes at all and I never saw the point in asking one out anyways. I'm kind of a whimp when it comes to asking girls out so I could never do that so.... congrats I guess on getting shot down?

I'm not trying to be a prick just confused about the whole deal. D:

Strain42:
Wish me luck!

EDIT: Here's what happened, the story in its entirety

inspiring story, too bad about the outcome although as far as i can tell it is not the worst scenario imaginable.

all i can say is that i was rooting for you and praise you for "seizing the day". it might not count for much but at the very least i have been entertained

im curious though, she didn't comment at all about the conventions regarding such a relationship, going on a date with your (former)professor would warrant some comment, perhaps there was no opportunity since she was already seeing someone.

i had a comparable situation with a woman i knew, she was 7 years my senior and although we had no "hierarchical" difference between us i still felt a lot of trepidation and had obsessed a little over the idea of how exactly to approach her much like yourself. Luckily she accepted, although a lot of the conversation on our first date was mostly about the age difference... actually it still is, amongst her friends but mostly humorously.

im assuming your professor is also a bit older than yourself, so on the bright side you have been spared being called a boy toy, it is an annoyance.

but i suppose that the most comparable thing is about challenging conventions, i wonder if other escapists have similar stories

Quite the story, I have to admit...

Congratulations man, you man not have got the girl, but what you did took serious guts and it's not something everyone can honestly say they'd do... You do us Escapists proud!

Well, better luck next time, man.
And if that doesn't work, there's always the binoculars and a tree alternative.

Chairman Miaow:
I can tell you are confident from the fact you said she will say no with a capital N.

Remember, risks are always worth it! Good luck!

Takin' that picture and putting it in my keepers folder.

Anyway, OP, all the power to you.

Is it possible to say this in a completely sincere manner, because I really feel like no other response is appropriate:

Cool Story Bro

Seriously, awesome tale! I had read your thread earlier today and I was rootin' for ya. Sorry to hear that it didn't go quite as planned, but hey you had far more courage than a lot of other people would've, and you got a much better response than a lot of other people would've too.
Thanks for sharing this, man. Really brightened up my day.

I tip my hat to you, if I had one.

That was an impressive tale. And random stranger on the internet, just know that I'm... I'm proud of you.

Strain42:
-snip-

You, Sir, are a Living Legend. I am going to pray that i meet you one day so i can buy you a beer in real life for the balls you have shown us here. I am adding you to my friends list as i type so that i may never forget you.

While you may not have won the Lady's heart this day, you are most definitely now one of my favourite people.

And my captcha reads; "urban myth"
Heh.

Strain42:
snip

AND THE BARDS SHALL SING!

Here is the tale of strain42, whose balls are of steel, despite being blue. Unlike lesser men who would pussy out, the boy sacked up and asked that Milf out.

And the fair maiden smiled with a radiant glow, her hand was pledged but he made her day though.

While he did not leave with the lass on his arm, his swag tripped the over 9000 alarm.

Now we'll raise a glass to strain42, and hope that his awesome rubs off on us too. For we men of net, Forever Alone, only need to go seek a queen for their throne!

t3h br0th3r:

Here is the tale of strain42, whose balls are of steel, despite being blue. Unlike lesser men who would pussy out, the boy sacked up and asked that Milf out.

And the fair maiden smiled with a radiant glow, her hand was pledged but he made her day though.

While he did not leave with the lass on his arm, his swag tripped the over 9000 alarm.

Now we'll raise a glass to strain42, and hope that his awesome rubs off on us too. For we men of net, Forever Alone, only need to go seek a queen for their throne!

...Ok um...I just sang that...like out loud...here at my desk. I think I have to record that and post it somewhere (though I think if I did it, it wouldn't sound anything like you had in mind)

That is seriously awesome. If I had a gold piece, I would totally drop it in your hat.

t3h br0th3r:

Strain42:
snip

You, yes you. I just wanted to say that that was the most awesome thing ever.

Someone needs to make this into a song, like right now.

You should be proud, OP. I will drink to your health and sexual potency once I get home from uni. Good luck for future endeavors and always man up and give it a shot no matter how slim the odds.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked