Stupid things you spend a lot of money on?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Fountain pens. It's silly, I can get a good pen for 100$ less than the price of my current pen, but it just feels so silky smooth writing with sexy flowing nibs.

Doclector:
Computer games, definately. God help me when I go on summer break. I won't have any more money, and I'll have a lot of time. I'll just have to make damn sure I play every single one of my games TO DEATH in order to avoid getting bored and buying new ones.

You should look into lovefilm. 10 a month for 4 game rentals, I havnt bought a game in years thanks to it :)

I recently bought this guitar:
http://www2.gibson.com/products/electric-guitars/explorer/gibson-usa/explorer-baritone.aspx

and because of it I have to start a new music project to make use of the baritone scale.

Aside from the obviously Steam purchases I spend waaaaaaaaaaaay to much on films. Spent 50 on 10 film I randomly wanted to own yesterday.

Watson767:

Doclector:
Computer games, definately. God help me when I go on summer break. I won't have any more money, and I'll have a lot of time. I'll just have to make damn sure I play every single one of my games TO DEATH in order to avoid getting bored and buying new ones.

You should look into lovefilm. 10 a month for 4 game rentals, I havnt bought a game in years thanks to it :)

I like to own games myself. I've rented a couple of times, but I hate that feeling of having to rush to complete a game.

I still buy albums, but those aren't stupid.

I guess I'll go with hair dye

We spend too much on games and books. And ordering in food instead of cooking ourselves. Sam works in a Government office, but I (Sam's twin) manage a store in the mall and when I get bored I wander off to get an overpriced drink or my biggest weakness, A&W onion rings.

Other than that we're really rather good with our money.

I like to own games myself. I've rented a couple of times, but I hate that feeling of having to rush to complete a game.

You keep em for as long as you like :) Ive had Battlefield 3 since its release day lol

SkarKrow:

DugMachine:
-World of Warcraft
-Cigarettes
-Soda

Sounds like a party to me!

As for me:
-Alcohol
-Games
-Albums
-Bacon sandwiches from the uni cafe` because I can't be arsed to make food at 6 am before I commute

Oh yah, it's fun :D!

Good smokes and some smooth Cola while playing a few hours of WoW... ah ultimate stress reliever for me.

But it's all stuff that's slowly killing me so pretty dumb I guess haha

I spent $30 on downloadable content, and I like going to flea markets.

Well I dropped some money on the Star Trek Online C-Store which turned out to be a waste. Now that I've reached maximum rank(level) and completed all the episodes, there's not much else to do in that game.

EDIT: And because it's an MMO, there's no real sense of accomplishment either.

Games so so much on games and on xbox live as it's so easy to get something new without going out, clothes from cheap shops but I don't rotate what I wear often and I bought loads of summer clothes and it's cold and wet so pointless...

video games duh

Most recently, nVidia 3D Vision Kit 2 for about 150 €. In the aftermath, it was a completely unnecessary purchase.

LoFr3Eq:

Revnak:
Magic the Gathering. /thread

This for me too... But it's hardly silly, I mean... Magic!

I have spent hundreds of dollars on cards before to only get cards that work for the decks my friends are using and not a single card I liked enough to keep. Silly.

DugMachine:

SkarKrow:

DugMachine:
-World of Warcraft
-Cigarettes
-Soda

Sounds like a party to me!

As for me:
-Alcohol
-Games
-Albums
-Bacon sandwiches from the uni cafe` because I can't be arsed to make food at 6 am before I commute

Oh yah, it's fun :D!

Good smokes and some smooth Cola while playing a few hours of WoW... ah ultimate stress reliever for me.

But it's all stuff that's slowly killing me so pretty dumb I guess haha

Hey you gotta die of something dude.
Personally I enjoy a nice good smoke once in a while, a good cigar is a great thing but I am careful about smoking too often. Drinking is the problem for me, nothing like really good scotch or vodka but it's sure as hell slowly killing me off xD

Nothing like a good gaming sesh with a few mates, some fine cigars and some fine whisky to get you through the night =p

For me it would have to be a custom built nemesis costume if I said how much it cost you would think I'm insane.

A lot of stuff. DVDs, games, CDs, comics...

Most recently though, the stupid thing I spend a lot of money on is...bus fare.

All-day tickets cost 4.20, and I'm currently using the bus about 4 times a week these days. I have to get 20 out of the bank a week just to get places!

Spare Money = Tattoo's and video games....

Neaco:
microsoft points to buy ME3 spectre packs. somebody help me.

You poor, poor soul :( Just try to think of the amount of duplicates your getting and how you could spend the money instead on something like uh... a really good sandwich for the price of a spectre pack!! everyone loves a good sandwich!

Lately, I've been buying way too many Monster drinks. I know these things aren't helping me in a grand way, but they taste good. I can't stop getting them.

Also, while not exactly stupid, I'd say my amount of clothes that have been bought over the past year is exceeding a little more than what I need.

canadamus_prime:
Well I dropped some money on the Star Trek Online C-Store which turned out to be a waste. Now that I've reached maximum rank(level) and completed all the episodes, there's not much else to do in that game.

EDIT: And because it's an MMO, there's no real sense of accomplishment either.

Oh, God, I did that too. I have no idea why.

I'm also a re-enactor...so...I have wardrobes full of uniforms, a garage full of Edwardian camp equipment, and more pairs of boots than I have everyday shoes. And all my everyday shoes have been bought to also be useful for re-enactment...

Buying lunch at work instead of making my own. I know it'd would be cheaper but I can't be bothered and the sandwich place by my work makes the amazingly good sandwiches.

Also I still buy alot of physical cds but have no cd player in my room. So all my music gets played through my computer and the cds just sit on my shelf, but if I never bought cds I wouldn't have anything to put on my shelves :P

My biggest nonsensical upcoming purchase is the Dresden Files RPG books, once they arrive at the shop. I really like the series, but I don't know anyone in my area who does so the odds of ever playing the game with anyone are pretty much nil...

In terms of regular purchases? Games, booze, ordering in food, comics.

Cigarettes, really. They take up pretty much a third of my wages.

Cool looking knives

I have about a normal moving carton box full of different knives, some more useful than most

Thousands and thousands of dollarus

Junk food, mainly. Eating a footlong Meatball Marinara from Subway is literally the food equivalent of the best orgasm you will ever have. A multiple foodgasm, if you will. But it costs me, like, almost five fucking pounds every time.

A while ago, I used to spend shitloads of money on a lot more stupid shit, like video games that I'd complete and barely play again, or comic books that I'd read once and never again. This was when I was younger, I still had two parents to support me, and they had more money to go around before debt, the recession and my father leaving us.

Simply something that I love. I rarely find something that I just need to have, but when I do I am usually willing to pay whatever the price tag says.

This is how I figure that I save money over people I know. They buy what is cheap and on sale, but they end up buying more. I buy what I really want when I see it, it isn't often, but it could be expensive. Over all I end up spending less. Quality over Quantity? I think so.

Yugioh cards. I know all the best packs but I still pull crap.

I just bought a spiderman costume, and some punk-ish goggles.

Why? Because I'm Spiderman, bitch!

No but really, it's for fun and shennanigans.

Pokedolls, the big headed plushies that are only sold like three places in the world.

They're so cute... I just can't resist.

1. DNF Balls of steel edition *weeps for 10minites in the corner in fetal position*

2. Cigarettes.

3. Diet cola/diet pepsi. addicted to the damn things but i NEVER drink the sugar ones. Sugary stuff makes me tired, hazy, headachy and ill.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked