32.2% (193)
32.2% (193)
Not press the button
67.7% (406)
67.7% (406)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would you press the button

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Okay so theres this hypothetical button and you happen to be next to it.
If you press this button, 30% of (your gender)s will disappear from (your country) into nonexistence(as if they never did).
If pressing this button almost ensured youd get more attention from (the opposite of your gender)
Lowered the population?
It may also rid the world of many people in that gender you dont like
or
It could be you?
What do you do?
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

I wouldn't need the button to get the attention.
I get all of the boys.

What?

What kind of person would say yes to that?

'Push this button to have a better chance of getting laid at the expense of erasing millions of people.'

Or, you know, don't be a boring person and stop blaming the 'friendzone'.

Daystar Clarion:
What?

'Push this button to have a better chance of getting laid at the expense of erasing millions of people.'

Millions would say yes because "Humanity sucks!" or something silly.
Although humanity is awesome and brought us amusing videos of kittens!

OT: Nope, I wouldn't press it.

Agreed that you'd have to be a total asshat to press that button.
Man up and buy a new suit.

Wait are you implying that I would need a button to get female attention?
Mr. I already have more of that than what I want so definitely not.

Daystar Clarion:
What?

Hey, there would be less douchebags in the world, too. Well, depending on how those 30% are chosen, that is. If I get to make choices myself, I would so press that button.

DoPo:

Daystar Clarion:
What?

Hey, there would be less douchebags in the world, too. Well, depending on how those 30% are chosen, that is. If I get to make choices myself, I would so press that button.

You personally know millions of people enough to know whether they should be erased from existence?

Maybe you don't need that button then :D

I get the women I want. Working on a scheme how I get Coco Sumner *rubs his hand in the evil genious way*.

But serious: I get the women I want (the question resolves after some time of course). I have little competition in my field so I won't push the button.

Thankfully I'm not desperate enough for female attention that I'd wipe out millions of people to get a better chance and frankly if you're enough of a douche to want to do that then I hope you remain forever alone FOREVER!

Daystar Clarion:
What?

Me? 30% chance is a fair gamble . The odds are in my favor . But then again , i'm a terrible person .

And don't tell me to stop being boring! Why don't you stop being so damn awsome!

Time to talk about how awsome daystar clarion is.

If I pressed the button it wouldn't be for the attention, it'd be for the potential to get rid of 30% of the douchebags in the world, or around 50% of our politicians (who are disproportionately male).

Also, is there a 30% chance that you cease to exist?

Daystar Clarion:

DoPo:

Daystar Clarion:
What?

You personally know millions of people enough to know whether they should be erased from existence?

Maybe you don't need that button then :D

Well, "millions" would depend on the country. But no, I don't know enough to cover the 30%. I'll be happy with however many I can contribute with, though.

probably not, i'm not trying to be sexist but i think there are a lot more male gamers, so there would be less people to gone on xbox with.
i don't think i would like knowing that i erased 30% of the same gender
but if it's as though they never existed then...you wouldn't know
but they might have been important people that changed the way we live so erasing them may have dire consequences.

i think i would flip a coin.

ps: captcha "sorry sight" just because i wear glasses doesn't make me different!
*runs off crying*

Even if I was really desperate I could never do that, that's fucking evil bro.

ToTaL LoLiGe:

Bros before erasing 30% of the male population for hoes!

Daystar Clarion:

ToTaL LoLiGe:

Bros before erasing 30% of the male population for hoes!

Epic bro. In the words of Andy Gray "Take a boo son, take a boo, [insert sexist remark here]"

Of course not. Killing off other people to get a better chance for a date is pretty reprehensible -__-

Besides, if someone I like likes someone else better, removing the other guy from existence is quite mean to her.

Pushing the button only serves to hurt my chances...so no.

Also it's a terrible thing to do, bound to lose important family and friends by pushing the button.

I should really have read the post before pressing the button, but it is a more accurate representation of what would happen.
"Here is a button, you must now make a difficult choice; if you--"
"So I pressed it and nothing seems to have happened, maybe its broken." *presses repeatedly*
"NO! Stop that!"

Sorry 30% of men*, I didn't mean it, but they put a button in front of me! A button! Buttons want to be pressed!

*and their partners/children/parents/siblings/friends.

Esotera:
If I pressed the button it wouldn't be for the attention, it'd be for the potential to get rid of 30% of the douchebags in the world, or around 50% of our politicians (who are disproportionately male).

Also, is there a 30% chance that you cease to exist?

Could be, I never said the button wouldnt effect you as well.
You just have to be a Gambler.

Mortai Gravesend:
Of course not. Killing off other people to get a better chance for a date is pretty reprehensible -__-

Besides, if someone I like likes someone else better, removing the other guy from existence is quite mean to her.

Woah woah woah......nobody said anything about murder.

CODE-D:

Mortai Gravesend:

Eh, removing someone from existence in some manner is tantamount to murder in my book.

Mortai Gravesend:

CODE-D:

Mortai Gravesend:

Eh, removing someone from existence in some manner is tantamount to murder in my book.

Your lack of faith in the power of the button disturbs me.

I am not desperate enough to do that. I mean, I'm not the most attractive guy ever, but that would be a new low for most guys. Besides, 30 percent chance of getting yourself??? That's waaaayy to high. :P

Mass murder for sexual gratification? I'm gonna say no to that.

Nope, I wouls try my damnest to destroy that button. Sexual pleasure isn't that important to me and if someone happens to like me than thats great, but I don't feel the need to go out of my way to make people like me.

Would people know I'd have caused the disappearance of millions of men? If not, I'd think about it more...

I'm sorry, what? What would it even accomplish? If you can't, in simple terms, 'get laid', then the one who needs changing is you, not the world. All the things preventing you from forming a relationship would still remain, no matter how many people you kill.

Now, if I were offered a million Dollar instead..

Smertnik:
Now, if I were offered a million Dollar instead..

Meh, you're asking for too much money.

I don't need the button to get female's attention since I already get it with my smooth moves that are totally real and I am not making them up.

press the button! don't press the button!
press the button!

depends, do other people have access to this button? and if they do, will it erase another 30% every time the button is pressed or will it only erase 30%?

XMark:
Mass murder for sexual gratification? I'm gonna say no to that.

well now that you put it that way i would say yes

I'd definitely hesitate before deciding to press it or not.

Just because I'm bored. Is that fair?

I'm not justifying it or saying it would be a good thing, but wouldn't it be interesting?

Normally I would just press the button just because I like buttons but in this case no.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here