67.7% (406)
67.7% (406)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would you press the button

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Capitano Segnaposto:

SirBryghtside:

Capitano Segnaposto:

How is that Psychopathic? Your in a thread where, if you pressed the button, 30% of your Gender (may or may not include you) will die. I said that I would press that button if it would kill the Fat, Ugly females.

Also, what is a Gorram?

It was kinda the implication that fat, ugly females are somehow 'lesser' than other ones, who you'd have a problem killing. Cue loleugenics.

Sounds pretty psychopathic to me.

And 'gorram' is slang from the TV show Firefly, meaning God damn, but with no religion involved.

So your a Firefly fanboy? Okay, I will just continue to ignore everything you say. It will help me keep my sanity.

Rule Number 27 (Taken from the Internet Handbook): Run from those who use fake slang like "Frick" or "Patagh!" or the ever so not clever "Bantha Fodder". Which is exactly what I shall do.

Only reason I say it is because I see 'God damn' as equally fictional, so I might as well pick something I like. Conditioned myself into it, wasn't actually that hard, now I'm having more fun with my life.

And yet, you would still kill all fat and ugly people in the country given the chance. Gotta love and tolerate!

No, that's homicidal, its insane, how desperate would you have to be to kill 30% of the male population, that's hundreds of thousands of lives, millions in some countries

Colour-Scientist:

cyrogeist:
]

Colour-Scientist:
If it killed the all the ugly, fat, females? Then hell fuckin' yes. Otherwise... no.

so basically if they don't give you a hard-on then they should die?
no offence but that's equally fucked up.

You quoted the wrong person there. Unless I have some sort of subconscious, male alter-ego that posted that.

no i quoted you there...unless someone else got on your account then in that case i'm sorry
or i messed up HARD editing that...in that case i feel retarded! and also sorry

Gander attention from a whole slew of girls after I murder about 16% of the human race?

Um... Do something I don't want to get something I don't want? No, thanks.

Press the button to have everyone I know be a woman? Are you mad?

TheBobmus:
Agreed that you'd have to be a total asshat to press that button.
Man up and buy a new suit.

Surely that should be "suit up and buy more suits."

OT: Of course not. Where's the fun in the game if there's nobody to challenge you? You have to have competition or you're just coasting through life. If you really want so much easy sex try and find a vulnerable divorcee, a desperate fatty, a cougar or even just a regular prostitute. C'mon 30% of you guys, where's your fucking game?

Why can't I threaten my country with it. I'll like to keep the button and ensure that my country pays me off every year to not kill a lot of people. I never have to work and live the good life.

ToxicOranges:

However, you'd have to be the most egotistical dick to actually push that button and deny millions the chance at life, just because you have that outlook.

Think about all the partners, parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, teachers, drivers, doctors etc. who just vanished!

I am so tempted to push the "Derail the topic into another abortion debate" button.

Revnak:

Mick Golden Blood:

Revnak:
Considering the OP at one point said this wasn't murder, I am going to assume that pushing this button sends them to the elemental plane of hookers. Also seeing as the OP refused to clarify whether or not I could be part of the 30%, I'm going to call this a win-epic win scenario.

On a serious note, no, because I am not a psychopath, nor a narcissist, nor a desperate freak. I'll get the sexy time when I'm good and ready, I'm just not ready yet. /falseconfidence

Psuedo-nihilists always amuse me (or are you a psuedo-moral relativist?). Saying your actions would in the end be for the greater good then saying there is no evil. Ha! You can't have it both ways man, unless there's some pretty kinky stuff going on that I do not and may not want to know about. Maybe.

Wow, you totally missed the point. Or purposefully so... trolol? anyways, yes I can have it both ways, actually.

I told you, there is no good or evil, but means of accomplishing your goals. If my goal is to make the world a better place for those that live on it, then this would be a good start, I lower the population that creates deficits socially, thus increasing the general happiness of individuals in my country, plus less competition for jobs and obviously less competition for women.

Quality of life increases exponentially.

Ah, well then you aren't that easy to classify. So I will outline some issues with your goal.
1. You don't know that the only people that will be eliminated will be douches.

True. But I already implied such and explained.

2. You're assuming men are more likely to be jackasses than women, which is a matter of opinion you have yet to give an argument in support of from what I have seen.

Yeah it is a matter of opinion in theory. But opinions are formed by experience, and in my experience all other guys are 75% douchebags. So I am right to think in such a manner given current data. And it is my opinion, and in this case, if "I" were given the choice to press the button, I'm pretty sure my opinion is the only one that matters at that point ;).

3. What about the decent or necessary people? If they will have simply never existed than it is way too difficult to make a valid argument as to what would happen, and if they simply up and disappear then it's going to be really awesome watching planes fall out of the air and 30% of the individuals in government positions suddenly have to be replaced. Once again, the possible consequences are too crazy to make a valid argument as to whether it would in the end be useful.

They never existed, the ones that are erased. It is like they "never existed in the first place". SO, the government would already be stable n such with other people in charge. (And let's face it, our current political faces and such are complete fuck-ups anyways).

4. You have yet to make an argument as to what makes the vast majority of people so terrible. If I follow my own anecdotal evidence, I would say that the majority of men do not suck.

I would have to pull out every experience and facts from history (mostly genocide, mass murder, slavery, etc) out of my ass for this argument, so I'm just gonna say, read a history book.

Mick Golden Blood:
*snip*

1. Even with your statistic 25% of those eliminated will be worthwhile individuals.
2. Going back to Hitler then, in his experience Jews were less than people. Was he justified in his actions? What if you consider all Muslims to be terrible, are they worth eliminating? Christians? Atheists? No.
3. If 30% of all living men never existed then there is a 30% your father (if he still lives) would no longer exist, meaning neither do you. There is a 30% chance Obama never existed, a 30% chance that Bill Gates never existed. There are too many variables.
4. I have read history books. People were pretty awesome. Lincoln was a boss, as was George Washington and Teddy Roosevelt. There has always been awesome people, just like there has always been douches. How about the enlightenment, there were a whole lot of great people then. Even the Renascence was pretty awesome. You just happen to be looking for the bad things and so you've found them. A pessimist looks for the flaws with the world, and in finding them, feels justified in overlooking the positives.

Revnak:

Mick Golden Blood:
*snip*

1. Even with your statistic 25% of those eliminated will be worthwhile individuals.

okay. Kind of pointed that out already.

2. Going back to Hitler then, in his experience Jews were less than people. Was he justified in his actions? What if you consider all Muslims to be terrible, are they worth eliminating? Christians? Atheists? No.

If I consider them truly evil, terrible, or a blight on the land, it is logically conclusive that in my mind I would think so. But I don't. Besides, Hitler was a cultist, and have you read his book? Mein kampf? It's just plain... retarded.

3. If 30% of all living men never existed then there is a 30% your father (if he still lives) would no longer exist, meaning neither do you. There is a 30% chance Obama never existed, a 30% chance that Bill Gates never existed. There are too many variables.

He said at the moment. as if it happened RIGHT NOW. Not in eternal time or wherever, he means RIGHT NOW. Jeese. He also mentions, as if they never exist(ED) at all. Doesn't mean they can't exist later.

4. I have read history books. People were pretty awesome. Lincoln was a boss, as was George Washington and Teddy Roosevelt. There has always been awesome people, just like there has always been douches. How about the enlightenment, there were a whole lot of great people then. Even the Renascence was pretty awesome. You just happen to be looking for the bad things and so you've found them. A pessimist looks for the flaws with the world, and in finding them, feels justified in overlooking the positives.

Erm?

Jimquisition's most recent video.

Can kind of respond for me, than writing whole new paragraph.

I don't care for attention to begin with, so I will pass.

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Shocking cuz even if you don't care about the attention you are a bit of a misanthrope and would be glad to wipe out a lot of people on earth :P

Mick Golden Blood:
*snip*

2. Yes Hitler was a moron, but you are making similar judgments here. You are declaring groups as entirely evil (men), which somewhat foolish. Then you are declaring that the world would be better off without them, which is in a way logical though I still find it to be wrong as it would be better that they learn and develop rather than be killed. I also am against assuming that others are worthy of death, especially when they are others you only know of in a demographic sense.

3. Okay, if they never existed then they never did anything and the world would have to reflect that. If they did exist but just up and disappeared then they would die and the world would experience the effects of this. The only other possible option is that they would disappear and the world would forget they ever existed, which has it's own barrel full of issues. This can never be a good thing.

4. I watched that video. Just because it could be better does not mean that your actions will make it better. You will simply be randomly removing people from existence, an unknown portion of whom may be worth getting rid of. I honestly don't think that will improve anything.

So, push this button and have a 30% chance of dying on the spot?

I don't like those odds.

Revnak:

Mick Golden Blood:
*snip*

2. Yes Hitler was a moron, but you are making similar judgments here. You are declaring groups as entirely evil (men), which somewhat foolish. Then you are declaring that the world would be better off without them, which is in a way logical though I still find it to be wrong as it would be better that they learn and develop rather than be killed. I also am against assuming that others are worthy of death, especially when they are others you only know of in a demographic sense.

Ugh, it's 75% not all.

Also, try and go back in time, and try to teach hitler, the aztecs, and so on people that they are wrong. They will just cut your balls off, feed them to you, then slowly tear off your limbs and throw you into a mass grave.

3. Okay, if they never existed then they never did anything and the world would have to reflect that. If they did exist but just up and disappeared then they would die and the world would experience the effects of this. The only other possible option is that they would disappear and the world would forget they ever existed, which has it's own barrel full of issues. This can never be a good thing.

The point is not necessarily these.

The men would still come to live in the world. It just happens there is a less condense amount of them at the time, improving quality of life for all. As I said again, it would not kill them, as has been mentioned in the very, first, post, for topic. How you can compare me to Hitler is nonsense.

4. I watched that video. Just because it could be better does not mean that your actions will make it better. You will simply be randomly removing people from existence, an unknown portion of whom may be worth getting rid of. I honestly don't think that will improve anything.

Then there is not much to tell you that would convince you.

p.s. I think it's time to say agree to disagree, this argument has gone on too long.

Yea, because I like pressing buttons.

Do I get to pick the 30% that disappear? Like individually? Because I could erase some of the worst people in the world AND get some :)

Marik2:

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Shocking cuz even if you don't care about the attention you are a bit of a misanthrope and would be glad to wipe out a lot of people on earth :P

Chances of someone I like being destroyed is too high.

Dude, it's a button. If I'm standing right next to it, even if I know it might kill me, my family, or my friends, I can't really leave the room with a clear conscious until I've pressed it.

If it might eliminate me or any of my friends, fuck no. Bros before hoes :D

We could do with a cull on the population, so for the good of mankind yes :D

I don't need some magic button to get a girlfriend.

Having said that if it was shiny enough I may push it anyway so...

Some people want to rid the world of douchebags

Some people have no worries about instantly killing millions of people

Pot, meet kettle

Pressed the button. Don't care if I disappeared or not.

Because nothing turns the ladies on like the sudden erasing of millions of people.
Presumably including relatives of theirs.

Yeah I'm going with no.

I would set up a machine to press the button again and again. Because if you continue to remove 30% of the population repeatedly, eventually the number of remaining people will approach 0.

Because, come on. Can't risk leaving even one bad person alive, now can I? It's all or nothing, and I've chosen the latter option way too many times in my life. Time to take action! Time to do something that will get me remembered! (Or at least ensure that nobody is left to remember anything...)

I would press the button because it's a hypothetical situation.

While I want some people I know to die, Sod's law will have that anyone I like will be the 30%, so I would not.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked