Have you ever noted none of us here are "normal"

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I mean look at the "what is you favorite (x)" threads. No one is all "coke" to what is you favrote drink or "Budweiser" to what is you favorite beer. And thank God beacuse i keep trying this stuff and most of it is fantastic like Irn-Bru and more movies than i care to name.

My favourite beer is Budweiser; just wanted to break your heart.

It's because we're a nerd gathering place. Not especially conducive to normality. Also, the escapist is more of an "omninerd/skeptic/semi-academia hangout"

TheBobmus:

Well then as far a beer goes you like to drink piss beacuse that breaks my heart as well. Seriously that stuff is just bad. Still at leas you did not name a lite beer, or Corona, how the fuck is corona "Premium" it taste of a mildly foul nothing

DANEgerous:

TheBobmus:

Well then as far a beer goes you like to drink piss. Seriously that stuff is just bad. Still at leas you did not name a lite beer, or Corona, how the fuck is corona "Premium" it taste of a mildly foul nothing

Though I enjoy Budweiser, it is not in fact my favourite beer. I prefer a tequila flavoured beer or Tribute ale if I can get them. Mostly just wanted to mess with the OP :P

I fucking hate beer. Cider is where it's at!

Hazy992:

Hell yes to the cider. Though a nice dirty martini will always hit the spot, especially with bleu cheese stuffed olives and those little cocktail onions.

By the way, WTF is normal and why would we want to be that?

Hazy992:

Like real cider? Like "oh this is what you get if you ferment apples!" cider? If so yeah that is nice i will just keep my beer as well. but if you mean this bullshit that taste like juice and vodka then fuck you.

Also i always have a sinking suspicion people that say they hate all beer have just tried way to few.

I dislike budweiser very much

My preferred beer is Guiness

preferred alcoholic beverage is margarita (that's not gay, is it?)

overpuce:

Hazy992:

Hell yes to the cider.

Good to see people with sense! =P

And coke is clearly the wrong answer to the favourite non-alcoholic drink, because the answer is obviously Irn Bru, one of which I have right now =D

Frozen Fox:
I mean look at the "what is you favorite (x)" threads. No one is all "coke" to what is you favrote drink or "Budweiser" to what is you favorite beer. And thank God beacuse i keep trying this stuff and most of it is fantastic like Irn-Bru and more movies than i care to name.

I think you mean to say "maintream"

anyway....under the facade no one is truly "normal" (and this place reminds me of how happy/normal/well adjusted I really am)

sextus the crazy:
It's because we're a nerd gathering place. Not especially conducive to normality. Also, the escapist is more of an "omninerd/skeptic/semi-academia hangout"

so by hanging out here alto does that make me smart?

Andy Shandy:

overpuce:

Hazy992:

Hell yes to the cider.

Good to see people with sense! =P

And coke is clearly the wrong answer to the favourite non-alcoholic drink, because the answer is obviously Irn Bru, one of which I have right now =D

Iced tea is the best non-alcoholic cold beverage. Quit drinking piss and taste something worth drinking!

OT: Who the fuck wants to be normal. Eww. That's like saying you want to be average, only more boring.

Vault101:

sextus the crazy:

so by hanging out here alto does that make me smart?

I believe you are reversing cause and effect.

Well that's because there is no point on trying to be normal, since nobody actually knows what normal is, besides it's a little hard to be normal when you talk with the bacon while you are cooking it, but that's not really that weird.

I'd rather this evolve into a favorite beer thread.

So: Shiner Bock and Coopers Pale Ale. I have diverse tastes.

Also, no person is normal. I think the species you are referring to is sheep.

Kaleion:
Well that's because there is no point on trying to be normal, since nobody actually knows what normal is, besides it's a little hard to be normal when you talk with the bacon while you are cooking it, but that's not really that weird.

It's only weird if you actually expect it to respond. Otherwise no weirder than talking at video games to try to make them do your bidding -__-

Edit: And hey we're actually more normal than certain lawmakers in Egypt. Just look at that farewell intercourse thread -__-

Edit 2: Wait, that was actually a fake. Guess that's what I get for not keeping up with the thread.

Im totally normal! I like coke.

In fact I love the coke. Give me a nice big black coke any day.

"There's no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it. "

Awesome movie that Tombstone and a clever quote that I always wanted to say (In this case write).
So I am normal? No... But for me normal is just a illusion, so fuck that.

I'm quite glad.

Hollywood/BBC/Bollywood normal, whereaver it may be, tends to be dull as hell.

You have an incredibly low standard for what qualifies as 'not normal'.

Mortai Gravesend:

It's only weird if you actually expect it to respond. Otherwise no weirder than talking at video games to try to make them do your bidding -__-

You mean the bacon isn't supposed to be talking back to me? It calls me daddy and begs me not to eat it, not that I ever listen to its pleas nor do I listen to it's shrieks of pain as I'm chewing.

Does shit talking at your dead enemies in video games count as weird?

Edited: The bacon told me I used the wrong variation of its.

overpuce:

Mortai Gravesend:

You mean the bacon isn't supposed to be talking back to me? It calls me daddy and begs me not to eat it, not that I ever listen to its pleas nor do I listen to it's shrieks of pain as I'm chewing.

If it did that I don't think I could ever eat it .__.

Does shit talking at your dead enemies in video games count as weird?

Well actually I meant it *wasn't* weird. I was trying to compare it to something a normal person might do.

Your bacon is more well educated than some people. Creepy.

Mortai Gravesend:

overpuce:
-SNIP

If it did that I don't think I could ever eat it .__.

Clearly you have your priorities wrong. The deliciousness of bacon should outweigh bacon sentience.

Mortai Gravesend:

-SNIP-

Well actually I meant it *wasn't* weird. I was trying to compare it to something a normal person might do.

Oh. My bad. >.<

Mortai Gravesend:

Your bacon is more well educated than some people. Creepy.

It would have told me to thank you for that compliment, but it's been died a screaming, horrible, masticatory death.

Bud tastes like piss, it's all about Blue Moon--if you don't mind spending the extra money.
Also, Coke isn't bad--it's the only soda that can go into a Roy Roger, and I apreciate it for that.

What you kind of have to realize about the escapist is that it represents an industry specific community, or a niche market. Either works. It doesn't represent a good cross-section of the population or even what's considered the pop culture. And part of being a community in this industry, it's known for being counter-pop culture--until recently with the overall popularity of AAA games.
In short: the escapist is made of a demographic that doesn't like the pop culture as a whole, but can still embrace parts of it.

Mortai Gravesend:

Kaleion:

Edit: And hey we're actually more normal than certain lawmakers in Egypt. Just look at that farewell intercourse thread -__-

Edit 2: Wait, that was actually a fake. Guess that's what I get for not keeping up with the thread.

Of course I don't expect it to talk back to me, it does! Well not really, but I pretend like it does and keep saying stuff like "Good point" and "you're so clever" and dropping random topics while at that, so what I'm saying is that I don't tell it how delicious it is, I pretend to have a conversation about whatever is on my mind with it, my family thinks that odd, but what did they expect I never talk with anybody I had to find someone to talk to and bacon doesn't tell me that nobody cares about whatever it is I'm talking about, like some other people do.

Oh bacon you always were the only one that understood me, I love you *chomp*
Before anyone asks, nope I did not have Internet when I started doing this, in fact I believe I had no electricity the day I started.

EDIT: Oh yeah the necrophilia thread, I did see it, I was going to say something to Smash because I thought he was serious about the necrophilia thing, but then I realized it was a joke felt like an idiot and left, because I was going to ask him why he did it...

Coke is my favorite drink.....

Kaleion:

Mortai Gravesend:

Kaleion:

Of course I don't expect it to talk back to me, it does! Well not really, but I pretend like it does and keep saying stuff like "Good point" and "you're so clever" and dropping random topics while at that, so what I'm saying is that I don't tell it how delicious it is, I pretend to have a conversation about whatever is on my mind with it, my family thinks that odd, but what did they expect I never talk with anybody I had to find someone to talk to and bacon doesn't tell me that nobody cares about whatever it is I'm talking about, like some other people do.

Oh bacon you always were the only one that understood me, I love you *chomp*
Before anyone asks, nope I did not have Internet when I started doing this, in fact I believe I had no electricity the day I started.

Just don't go forming any attachments to the bacon. In the end it's gotta go D=

EDIT: Oh yeah the necrophilia thread, I did see it, I was going to say something to Smash because I thought he was serious about the necrophilia thing, but then I realized it was a joke felt like an idiot and left, because I was going to ask him why he did it...

We just hope he's joking =O

Hazy992:

Psssssshhhh! It's all about the cinnamon whiskey!

I'm gonna go way back to my childhood and quote Leo the lop-eared rabbit. "Normal is what you are"... motherfuckers.

Well coke is my favourite drink but Bud is murky pisswater. Guinness is the best (well Plain Porter is), yeah I'm Irish. We are all normal, maybe not typical, but normal. Then I'd argue that a lot here are just typical representations of another demo. "My favourite drink is X. Yeah, you probably haven't heard of it." I think you see what I'm getting at.

Coke rules. I don't drink beer- I'm a spirits man.

'Normal' as a concept vanishes the moment you have more than 1 of something. Normal only exists when two or more things are the same, and I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible for two things to be truly identical.

Who wants to be normal? It's incredibly boring. I've tried it once, it didn't take...tastes too much like green.

No one is normal.

Talk to "normal" people some time, you will realize they are not "normal".

Frozen Fox:

Coke is my favorite none alcoholic beverage...

Awww I am Normal :(

I don't drink alcoholic beverages,

I prefer Dr Pepper most of the time, but I drink whatever is available.

I opt for glass bottles because 12-14 ounces is what my diabetes can handle.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked