breaking the mold.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

i've heard it said that everyone is different, everyone is special. I've also heard it said that everyone falls into some kind of pigeon hole. So here's your chance to tell you why you stand apart from the cliche's that would normally be associated with you.

As usual, I'll start us off.

Ummm...okay. I'm a transsexual, but i'm not all that girly. Sure I like makeup, enjoy playing with my hair and being pretty. But I rarely wear dresses, I have a sarcastic, snarky mouth, I talk about games and media way too much, I'm socially awkward to the point of being socially weird, anti-social and I don't partake in the criticism of others.

I guess that makes me a tomboy tranny :P

okay, your turn.

I'm a white male from a middle class suburban background.

^^ *Same as above* ^^

^^ *Same as above* ^^

(Only from Britain, and attended a private school. Moved to a city area as well.)

I'll break the mold by not posting ^^ *Same as above* ^^....even though it applies to me too

I'm a white male from a middle class rural background.

^^ *Same as above* ^^

^^ Same as above, only from a sub-urban background in the UK ^^

^^*same as above*^^, only rural U.S. On a side note reading this with all of your avatars transformed to Justin Bieber is hilarious.

^^same as above^^, sub-urban Israel.

Ehm.... I live out on the countryside, young.. White male. Middleclass.

Isn't the point less about the fact that we are apparently all middle class white males, but about how we subvert stereotypes about that.

For Instance, I'm a white male middle class Brit who likes cricket, tea... oh wait.

okay, try again. I'm a Physics student who likes computer games and is socially inept... oh blast.

No, I'm afraid to say that I am pretty much a stereotype.

I'm a white male from a lower middle class urban background[1]

[1] We don't have suburbs in the town where I'm from

Oh god...I'm so sorry for ruining this thread for you.. Okay, I'm actually going to try my best to answer properly!

I'm a bass player, I suppose those are rare enough to break me out of being a stereotype, I practice pretty much five hours a day, I don't intend to, I just start playing and end five hours later because it's so fun

I'm homeschooled, this means that instead of going to school to learn stuff, I have my parents teach me. I've never been to school in my entire life.. However I have been to ONE session of play group, in which I was beaten by other kids and refused to go back, the schools in this area are shit

There's a few other things about me, but, that should be enough to break away from the norm...Once again, sorry for ruining the thread for you

Well this thread got off to an amazing start, eh? :P

Let's see here... Born on a farm in New Zealand, raised in a rural city in Australia, now living in a capital city for my University studies.
I'm currently in the 3rd year of my computer science course (the comp sci course itself usually raising a few cliches to go with it), but I also enjoy music (have played piano for 12+ years, sang for 4+ years), playing soccer any time I get the chance, and generally seeing friends as much as possible, especially if it involves hitting up the pubs/clubs (or even just a good old house party XD ).

I like staying up late, but this causes problems for me as I like early mornings too... I'm just never up in time to enjoy them often due to the aforementioned enjoyment of the night (an average time for me to fall asleep being about 2am, +/- an hour depending on the night or what I have to do the next day).

I thoroughly enjoy programming, videogames and great LANs, but enjoy the outdoors almost as much.

I really could go on... But I think by now I've shown that there isn't really a "mold" which I fit in to. At least, none that I know of. ^_^

Oh man! I have been told that I consistently defy other's expectations of my attributes.
I'm a white, upper-middle class, female. I have a lovely combination of neurological oddities (epilepsy, ADD, and synesthesia) and genius IQ. I am a scientist, and a fire-dancer.
I am not normal. I ain't part of your system!

Also Spice World is un-ironically one of my favorite movies. I don't know why. It's probably because my sense of good taste is desperately broken.

Let's see here... White male, sub-urban raising, good schools, middle class family... I'm fairly normal in that respect.

On another note, I (obviously) love games. I also love to shoot things, and blow things up. Hunting and camping are the things that I love to do outside of gaming. I'm athletic, have "quite the arm" (as in I can throw things goddamned far), and have had a girlfriend for most of my high school and all of my college career. I've got a borderline genius level IQ (depends on how lazy I am while taking the test apparently), but got B's and C's through high school because I'm a lazy ass. In fact, most of my friends thought I was an idiot who slept through all of his classes until it came to test taking time and I got A's all the way through (perfect scores on the SAT and ACT, for those of you who know what those are). I just never did my homework.

Oh! Except for the girlfriend thing (or perhaps including it...), I had the stereotypical anime Harem thing going for me in high school and didn't realize it until after I had left. Not joking; I spent most of my time with between five and six girls, all of who I later found out from my sister, mom, or each other, liked me. There were a couple more outside the main group that also apparently had crushes on me - confessions from after high school was over. And, oddly, one of my friends told me that my sister had said if I weren't her brother she would totally date me. I even had the one/two guy friends who hung out with me on the random occasions we'd do things.

I feel like that makes me unique, for a real life person anyway.

White middle class male emigrant, ooh yes.
England to New Zealand that be.

I'm a white guy who lives in a pretty shitty suburb (shooting just this day actually). I went to an average school and got pretty high marks, everyone expected me to go to Uni and get some high paying job as a doctor or some shit.

Fuck that I said, I got shit marks on my HSC on purpose and I'm joining the Army instead.

I'm a black guy, shy, quiet, and well, pretty much anti-social. I love video gmaes, anime, watching T.V. and movies. I'm really smart (or at least I think I am) and like a wide variety of music, except country. I never got laid and I never had a girlfirend.

I'm pretty sure there's more to me, but let's just stop at here.

I'm a white middle class American who loves guns and...wait damn you stereotypes and your truth. I appear to be cast in the mold. I do have a sweet beard though.

I'm an incredibly stupid genius.

Not same as aboves. I'm white from a very poor family (not quite trailer trash, more hicks), as is my wife.

My sister and I were the first in our family to get a college education. I'm the first to actually DO anything with it (I have a software engineering degree and work as a programmer, my sister has a Business degree and works as a secretary).

My Wife's the true mold breaker though. She came from a dirt poor family. Father never could keep a job, mother is borderline schizo (I wish I was exaggerating), grew up in a dirty, run down house, living on welfare. And at 5pm EST today she will officially be a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Fuck yeah. Couldn't be more proud of her.

So many of my flaws should point to me not having any friends. All of my friends don't act like me at all. Literally hate about 80% of people that I come into contact with when I leave my house. Everytime a stranger wants to have small talk with me, I want to punch them. Some odd reason I hate women, even though I am not gay and have not really had that many bad experiences with them. My friends hate the fact that I hold a grudge like a son of a bitch against people that I despise. All of my friends like the fact that I am such an angry person. Nobody gets more laughs than when I am around telling them one of my famous people hating stories.

In West Philadelphia,
Born and raised,
On the playground's where I spent,
most of my days.

Chilling out, maxing, relaxing 'n' coolin',
shootin' some meatball,
outside of schoolin',

When a couple of guys,
Who were up to no good!
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood,
I got in one little fight,
and my mom got scared,
she sent me to live with my auntie & uncle in Bel Air.

I whistled for a cab,
and when it came near,
the license said "Fresh" and had a dice in the mirror,
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought "man forget it, yo home to Bel-Air!"

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby "Yo, home smell you later"
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air

I'm from rural Scotland and I DON'T spend every night drinking Buckfast and stabbing people.
Nor do I work on a farm.

Shawn MacDonald:
So many of my flaws should point to me not having any friends. All of my friends don't act like me at all. Literally hate about 80% of people that I come into contact with when I leave my house. Everytime a stranger wants to have small talk with me, I want to punch them. Some odd reason I hate women, even though I am not gay and have not really had that many bad experiences with them. My friends hate the fact that I hold a grudge like a son of a bitch against people that I despise. All of my friends like the fact that I am such an angry person. Nobody gets more laughs than when I am around telling them one of my famous people hating stories.

Long lost twin perhaps? That also sounds a lot like me.

imahobbit4062:

Shawn MacDonald:

So much of my rage is borderline insane. Alright here is an actual conversation I had with a girl that worked at BestBuy.

Clerk- "Look at you with your brand new Blue Ray player, you got some good movies to go with it."

Me- "Eh thanks I guess."

Clerk- "So do you think it's hot enough outside today or what." (As she is asking me other bullshit questions like the warranty etc.)

Me- "Maybe if you are not from here I guess." (This bitch is talking about the weather, lucky me.)

Clerk- "Alright you have gift cards, that translates to free money."

Not really sure why, but the way she said free money made me want to call her a cunt so she would shut up.

Shawn MacDonald:

imahobbit4062:

Shawn MacDonald:

So much of my rage is borderline insane. Alright here is an actual conversation I had with a girl that worked at BestBuy.

Clerk- "Look at you with your brand new Blue Ray player, you got some good movies to go with it."

Me- "Eh thanks I guess."

Clerk- "So do you think it's hot enough outside today or what." (As she is asking me other bullshit questions like the warranty etc.)

Me- "Maybe if you are not from here I guess." (This bitch is talking about the weather, lucky me.)

Not really sure why, but the way she said free money made me want to call her a cunt so she would shut up.

Wow mate, She is only doing her job y'know... Where I work, You get rated performance wise to how friendly you are and making sure the right questions are asked, So there is no need for your anger...

The first replies to this are hilarious,

I'm a bisexual agnostic Jedi with depression and anxiety,

Also wrote two books so far, and I haven't finished High School yet. I is the unique.

Gordon Freemonty:

Shawn MacDonald:

imahobbit4062:

Me- "Eh thanks I guess."

Wow mate, She is only doing her job y'know... Where I work, You get rated performance wise to how friendly you are and making sure the right questions are asked, So there is no need for your anger...

Said it was borderline insane. Ah I know it's crazy, you are telling me stuff I already know. Literally have to keep it in check and I do a pretty good job. Everyone feels the need to explain why it's wrong and I know I have a problem.

I'm a god... solipsism is fun :)

Things about myself? Sure.

Grew up in Delaware, then 5 years ago moved down to North Carolina.

I'm a Varsity high school swimmer, and I'm pretty good at it, for someone who doesn't do it year long.

I enjoy film/politics, an odd combo right there.

I'm writing up a Manifesto and planning an Empire, so that's something as well.

I'm a white American. Lower class. Lived in the projects until I was around 10, and have been poor almost my entire life. There was this one stretch right before the economy took a nose-dive that my family would have been considered lower-middle class, and then bam! We're several months behind on the rent, gas is about to be shut off, electric bills climbing higher, and we eat one, maybe two meals a day now.

I am a lesbian tomboy born into a male body.

I also find certain animals romantically attractive.

/inb4 "Eww, get a girlfriend you freak!"

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked