The worst actor working today

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Lots of Michael Cera and Shia LeBoeff hate. They aren't the best actors but I consider them far from the worst.

Raven's Nest:
I guess objective analysis doesn't count for too much these days huh?

Thank god someone said it.

Raven's Nest:

maninahat:

Raven's Nest:
I guess objective analysis doesn't count for too much these days huh?

Not when it comes to a question as subjective as "who do you think is the worst actor?"

And what's the difference between a subjective opinion and a subjective opinion worth anything?

Quite a lot, if they are convincing enough to influence other opinions. The opinions of professional reviewers, for instance, are worth quite a bit, because consumers are willing to spend based on what the reviewer says.

Then again, this is just a silly question about bad actors. So pretty much anything that's going to be said on this thread isn't going to be worth a damn anyways. That isn't a problem.

8-Bit_Jack:

HardkorSB:
Vin Diesel?
I mean, the guy can only play 1 character - Vin Diesel.

That is all he needs to play

Also, he can actually act. But no one pays him if he does. Fo realzies

I'm gonna go with... John Cusack, or that guy who hasn't actually acted in any film he's been paid to act in since American Beauty. The dad.
Fuck that guy

Kevin Spacey and John Cusack? Harsh. John Cusack is a weird one though. He's practically never won a significant award, but he's played leading man in a lot of good films. I think it's because, unlike Labeouf or Worthington, he doesn't really get in the movie's way. He has a decent on screen presence and can carry emotional tension well, but doesn't really steal the scenes that he's in. I liked 1408 and Grosse Point Blank (his performances included) way too much to call him a bad actor though.

Kevin Spacey has played in a lot of mediocre movies recently, but I think he's proved his acting chops too many times to really be called bad. Besides, I think it's obvious he can still act when you compares his performances in films like Margin Call, Men Who Stare at Goats and Horrible Bosses, IMO.

KafkaOffTheBeach:
The only correct answer is Hayden Christensen.

I think he's pretty good in Shattered Glass, although that is arguably a role that was made for him. Considering his two most famous roles are in Star Wars and Jumper (neither of which give their actors much to work with in terms of dialogue), I'd say it's not all that easy to judge though.

Axolotl:
[quote="DevilWithaHalo" post="18.373820.14463864"][quote="Axolotl" post="18.373820.14463762"]
Or how about the one where he plays the Elvis-loving semi-psychotic convict that travels America with his girlfriend listening to rock music and being chased by the messed up assasins ever seen in a film.

You know, his good films.

Please tell me what film this is, cause it actually sounds pretty good.

Woodsey:

KafkaOffTheBeach:
The only correct answer is Hayden Christensen.

He's very good in Shattered Glass, although that is arguably a role that was made for him. Considering his two most famous roles are in Star Wars and Jumper (neither of which give their actors much to work with in terms of dialogue), I'd say it's not all that easy to judge though.

I think Shattered Glass was his only good film. Awake was absolutely atrocious. Mostly everything else he's played in has been really mediocre. He's not the worst, but aside from that one role I'd say he's pretty bad on average.

Aris Khandr:
Will Farrell may be the least funny man on the planet. Annoying is not funny. Dear gods, someone stop him from making movies.

EDIT:

Dirty Hipsters:
Michael Cera since he doesn't ACT in any of his movies, he always just plays himself.

Ugh. Can I pick two? I hate that guy. He has like the most punchable face I've ever seen. I'm not even a violent person, and I just want to pummel him. And his acting is awful, too.

I'll add a vote for Michael Cera on your behalf since you already said Will Farrell and I hate them both as well.

RicoGrey:

Axolotl:

Or how about the one where he plays the Elvis-loving semi-psychotic convict that travels America with his girlfriend listening to rock music and being chased by the messed up assasins ever seen in a film.

Wild at Heart by David Lynch, just be warned that while very good it's also very weird, not as weird as some of Lynch's other films but it's still all kinds of messed up.

Here's the opening just to give you an idea of what it's like:

RicoGrey:

Axolotl:
[quote="DevilWithaHalo" post="18.373820.14463864"][quote="Axolotl" post="18.373820.14463762"]

Wild at Heart.

captcha: Sonic Screw Driver. Badass.

It's a two-way tie between Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. They're not just the worst actors of today. They're the two least talented human beings of all time.

Captcha: Attila the Hun

Probably better at acting than Tim and Eric.

I generally don't like to hate on actors, since all they're doing is standing there reading lines and emoting. Most people could do it, and singling someone out is either more of an attack on the material or a biased dislike for the person standing there.

But.... I can't stand Andrew Garfield. I didn't like him in Red Riding 1974 and I REALLY didn't like him in Social Network. Something about the way he talks and his smug and arrogant disposition just seem so off putting. I'm still not sure if I hated the actor or the whiny, pointless character in Social Network. And Red Riding was just blandy mc bland bland predictable in every way.

He does seem to be a good choice for Spiderman, what with the nerdy smugness asshattery that the character does possess in a lot of his iterations.

Kutcher, Shaia, Fox, and Mrs. Berry i'd say from the top of my mind.

Maybe there are worse, but those are the one that annoy me the most.

Shia Lebouf and Megan Fox are first that come into mind. They are just so utterly terrible. Kinda funny that they are in those Transformers movies which are directed by Michael Bay who is one the shittiest directors I know.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is terrible, but in a funny way. I actually enjoy his films, since they are unintentionally funny.

I also don't like Ryan Reynolds. He is just so bland.

Oh and Taylor Lautner and Kirsten Stewart. Just horrible.

Steven Seagal. Sorry, Shia Lebouf, Nic Cage and even Schwartzniger have should at least some sort of talent for acting and had a least on good notable role that showed an understanding of drama.
Seagal has never shown any of this, he can't act and he can barely bloody fight (most of his movies now he has mostly stand-ins for most fight scenes). He's got all the emotion of a brick wall, if the brick wall was a fat, over bloated, sexist, racist, ego driven prick.

Hell even JCVD showed that he can act in at least one film (Look up JCVD), Statham has Lock Stock and Snatch, Sly Stallone has Rocky, First Blood and Copland... Seagal? Nothing...

As for female actresses. Catherine Heig. She did well in Knocked up then denounced the movie (she didn't get the character and thought it was sexist) then released and starred in her own movies where she has all the emotion as Steven Seagal only with added pretension.

Not sure how fair it is to hate on actors for playing themselves. Long as they do it well then what's the problem? Also, I've seen Hayden Christian pop up a few times. I don't really think that's fair. The most well known movie he was in was the prequel series that wasn't all that well written, the films had Liam Nielson, Ewan McGregor, Sam Jackson and Natalie Portman and even they could pull it off and make that movie any good. So I don't think it's fair to rule out Hayden on that one.

I hate seeing that fatass kid with the curly hair who's in all those comedy movies. I'll also agree with the other sentiment expressed here that that Michael Cera dude is pretty gross.

axlryder:

Platypus540:
Whoever played Anakin in Episode I and II. Oh god I hate him so much.

Jake Lloyd played him in Episode I. He actually sort of fell off the face of the earth after that. Hayden Christensen played him in Episode II and III. I recommend directing your seething hatred towards that individual (or just George Lucas).

I meant II and III, just typed it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

HardkorSB:
Vin Diesel?
I mean, the guy can only play 1 character - Vin Diesel.

I think this is unfair, seeing as the same criticism can be levelled against Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, etc etc etc.

My vote goes to Eric Roberts, even though he may not be big time enough to count. He has only one facial expression, and doesnt even seem to understand the words he says (inflections in the wrong place and whatnot). Just awful.

Chemical Alia:
I hate seeing that fatass kid with the curly hair who's in all those comedy movies. I'll also agree with the other sentiment expressed here that that Michael Cera dude is pretty gross.

I hope you mean Jonah Hill, and I agree.

rollerfox88:

Chemical Alia:

I hope you mean Jonah Hill, and I agree.

I just googled the name and yep! That's him.

Clive Owen, what a bland and boring actor.
Kristen Stewart, so much stuff has been said about her in this thread and I don't really think I can add any more.
Paris Hilton, technically not an actor but the films she has been in have shown she should stay out the business.
Almost every single goddamn child actor ever!

I don't believe there is such a thing as a bad actor, just bad casting. Every actor could be great in one movie where they seem great. Almost every actor I've considered bad has surprised me at least once by being cast perfectly, or by acting differently to their usual one performance.

Will Ferrel, unfunny in every sense of the word, i just hate him

Aprilgold:
Alright, here it goes.

The cast of Transformer's movies that played humans. No emotion.

The cast of Twilight. No emotion and terrible screen play doesn't help the fact that there is no emotion.

The Rock because everything he's in he's literally the same man. He can't do much but say how much he loves family values.

The man who plays Tony Stark. The point of Tony Stark was to be such a unlikable prick that when he got into the suit you either hope he crashes and dies or does something amazing to make up for being a prick, not be a prick all the fucking time.

Man who played Scott in Scott Pilgrim VS The World. I just kinda don't like his face and he plays whiny to realistically.

Vin Diesel, but hes the type of bad I like.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Robert Downey Jr, is a really good actor and I'm not actually a fanboy (that right is reserved for Sean Bean). While he might not have appeared in Iron Man as the greatest actor (I thought he did a great job), there is a whole filmography of fantastic films to choose from, he played the hell out of Charlie Chaplin. As for the other picks, can't say I disagree, though I don't hate Michael Cera like everyone else seems to, yes he plays roughly the same character, but when it works to it works.

Does Sam Neil still work?
Coz I fucking hate Sam Neil

Daystar Clarion:
Nobody has said Shia Lebeouf yet?

Damn guys, I thought you were better than this...

We're trying to ignore him until he disappears, I think.

Will Ferrell, without a doubt in my mind.

I never knew that screaming, screaming, screaming and looking dense could be considered as acting. I've been more entertained in weird student art house films.

The amount of hatred for Shia LaBeouf and Michael Cera in here is amusing.
I'll admit, neither of them really have acting skill. I don't really like Cera just because the one character he always plays kinda grates on my nerves. LaBeouf similarly plays very similar characters, but I don't particularly have a huge hatred for any of them.

OT: Honestly, I'm gonna go with Nic Cage. I think the only movies I've watched where he was tolerable are Kick-Ass and Face/Off

Hmmmmm, Shia LaBeouf is a good actor. He actually did alright in the last Indiana Jones film. Yes, I am actually saying that, it's just that the movie itself sucked like a gigantic black hole that made his role a little awkward, but he did well with the material.
Same goes for Transmorfers. He was told to act as a douchebag and he provided the exact level of douchebagginess needed. Nothing wrong with his acting, it's just that the material he was given didn't really provide anything useful.

Nicholas Cage is also not bad. He is not the best, but far from the worst. He is amusing in the sense that watching monkeys eat the things they find in the hair of other monkeys is also amusing. At least there is emotion in what he does.

In contrast to the turd they call Taylor Lautner.

What a boring piece of trash.

I do despise actors who are 'Movie stars' on screen as well as off it. Makes them so and so acting as whoever, rather than making me believe they are the character. Only person they ever appear as on screen is themselves. Too many to mention fall into this trap. Tom cruise, Will Smith, Angelia Jolie, The rock, Vin Desil, Paul Walker etc.

Special dislike for Shia LaBeouf and Megan not a fox for battering to death a franchise from my youth and for Hayden Christensen for double tapping another one.

my number one though? has to be Justin trousersnake. guy has the presence of wallpaper paste and couldnt act his way out of paper bag. just...no

TheBobmus:
Jack Black and Eddie Murphy, as a rule. There are exceptions in their older work, but today all their stuff feels tired and unfunny.
For the ladies it's Sarah Jessica Parker.

Edit: Also there's the obvious Taylor Lautner, who has the acting ability of a Starfish.

Jack Black was excellent in Bernie - best closeted homosexual I've seen on screen (haven't seen J. Edgar yet).

To reply to the thread, I don't get the hate for Michael Cera. I loved him in Arrested Development. Shia LaBeouf annoys me, Sam Worthington is as dull as a rock and Keanu Reeves (as good as he is to work with, apparently) was at his best in Bill and Ted.

Although, to be honest I don't think any actor is bad as long as they're given the right role. Kristen Stewart would make a perfect statue, for example.

Tartarga:
Male- Dane Cook.
I like him as a comedian but as an actor he and his movies need to be thrown off a mountain. I'm looking at you Good Luck Chuck. Waiting was the only thing that's decent, and maybe Employee of the Month on a good day.

Female- Sandra Bullock.
I can't stand her, not one bit. Everything she's in just makes me want to tear my own face off. Specifically All About Steve. Fuck you Bullock, I want that two hours back.

Out of curiosity, what is it you like about Dane Cook's comedy? I think he is a blight on comedy (along with Tim and Eric).

Aris Khandr:

Dirty Hipsters:
Michael Cera since he doesn't ACT in any of his movies, he always just plays himself.

Ugh. Can I pick two? I hate that guy. He has like the most punchable face I've ever seen. I'm not even a violent person, and I just want to pummel him. And his acting is awful, too.

I can't stand that little hipster shit. He just irritates the PISS out of me.

Male: Michael Cera, Shia LeBouf
Female Kristen Steward DX Oh gosh she is TERRIBLE like REALLY REALLY TERRIBLE

Wayne Insane:
Does Sam Neil still work?
Coz I fucking hate Sam Neil

I quite liked him in The Tudors. Assuming we're talking about the same person.

OP: I don't actually hate anything he's done but Jack Black is top of my 'People I'd love to punch in the face' list.

saoirse13:
Ray Liotta had literally only one mvie that his acting wasn't complete crap in and that was Goodfella's But granted that was probably because DeNiro and Pesci made the movie great.

Sharon Stone is a talentless annoying woman. And pretty much based the acting career on playing sluts. (sorry just my opinion)

Brad Pitt, god all that man ever does in movies is eat.

I can see you know absolutely nothing of movies and acting. I can somewhat agree on Sharon Stone, but Ray Liotta and Brad Pitt are great actors.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked