Quick! You're hiring Micheal Bay to sabotage a beloved franchise!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Pick a franchise whether it's gaming, comic-book, TV show, or anything in-between that's wildly popular to be sacrificed for big money. Imagine you're the head of a production company and you have Micheal Bay as your exclusive director. You can point your weapon at anything.

Which popular main-stream franchise that you hate will be the sacrificial lamb?

Won't be surprised if ponies.

Avatar. There I at least could stand his military hard on in favor of the hippy aliens.

Sex and the City. Maybe he could cut the sex scenes with explosions.

Look at my avatar. It's too late. He already is...

EDIT: Wait, a franchise I hate? Oh, that'd be those awful romantic comedies then. Matthew McConaughy must convince the girl next door that they are right for each other, (played by some random supermodel) as she must choose between his eccentric but playful and lazy manner, and a giant army robot created from bits of US aircraft and tanks, and the bodyparts of several deceased marines, one of whom was her fiance! Shia LaBeouf co-stars as the President of the United States, and every single other adult character is a racist stereotype portrayed by Eddie Murphy in various fatsuits.

This is all underlined by crude toilet humour and explosions when the Mole people invade halfway through the second act. Also the girl is trying to open a cupcake store. What hilarity will ensue!

Hmm... I think Grand Theft Auto would suit him very well actually!

Michael Bay makes fun movies you snobs...

Transformers, we're going to redo Transformers, and Michael Bay will direct it.

The obvious and only answer:

Call of Duty

/thread

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Hazy992:

Well, holy shit: someone who aspires to troll the MLP community!

FilipJPhry:

Hazy992:

You mean to tell me that ponies won't be improved with CGI explosions? I beg to differ! :P

Any chance I can pick reality TV in general?

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I've started to think of those things as bringing about the death of the entertainment industry, or at least as a primary symptom of that decline.

Hazy992:

FilipJPhry:

Hazy992:

You mean to tell me that ponies won't be improved with CGI explosions? I beg to differ! :P

Is it wrong that that could actually work amazingly well if they took essentially only the aesthetic and atmosphere and juxtaposed it with epic cool guys don't look at explosions style Michael Bay buffoonery. It would be a tvtrpoes fanfic come to life.

him over there:

Hazy992:

FilipJPhry:

Is it wrong that that could actually work amazingly well if they took essentially only the aesthetic and atmosphere and juxtaposed it with epic cool guys don't look at explosions style Michael Bay buffoonery. It would be a tvtrpoes fanfic come to life.

Yeah if only for the absurdity of it all :P

Hazy992:

him over there:

Hazy992:

Yeah if only for the absurdity of it all :P

Actually now I want a Tim Burton weirdo attempted grimdark one instead. Or both Michael Bay and Burton to work on the same film. It could be called: My Big ass explosions: creepy black monsters are tragic.

Mass Effect. Shia LaBeouf as Shepard of course, perhaps Megan Fox as Tali. Remove most of the other aliens to allow more screentime for military dudes and explosions.

Disclaimer: I don't hate ME by any means, but the resultant epic ragestorm would power the internet for months, and relegate 'the ending' to only being the second worst thing that ever happened to the franchise.

Yugioh the abridged series

"joey's use of racial slang make him an endearing character." :)

OT: Pokemon. Micheal bay makes Explosion a TM again and makes everyone learn it. :)

I also must say Pokemon. I could just imagine the hilarious rage by fans when they see a 15-second explosion everytime the characters throw one of those red and white ball-things.

Hazy992:

Are you kidding?

twilight sparkle laying the smackdown on some baddies with gratuitous amounts of explosions and absurd stunts/effects?

hell yeah I'd like to see that!

sextus the crazy:
Yugioh the abridged series

"joey's use of racial slang make him an endearing character." :)

OT: Pokemon. Micheal bay makes Explosion a TM again and makes everyone learn it. :)

You know what? That might improve the series. Imagine Kabua(sorry about the misspell): Tall hair man! Attck Yugi and his friends while I effortlessly attack this asshole Malack as he continues to kick my ass!

Explosion in pokemon was already explained: Damped.

Also: Tallhair Man: My hair is dampened.

Mobile Suit Gundam. Drop the in-depth look at the effects of war on humanity, consuming resources, political and social spectrum, coming of age and of course the theme that one day Humanity as a whole will work and come together to achieve true peace.

Nope, needs shallow one liners, annoying teenagers, product placement (Space Coke!), talking jive Mobile Suits and everyone's an alien. EXPLOSIONS! And pro war imagery with American flags. (I'm sorry Americans, you know he'd include those too somewhere)

My American Pony: Explosions are Magic

BathorysGraveland:
I also must say Pokemon. I could just imagine the hilarious rage by fans when they see a 15-second explosion everytime the characters throw one of those red and white ball-things.

And Pokemon are actually aliens.

pfff I have a better on. Twilight, vampires that blow up would make the movies at least sound somewhat likeable.

Call of Duty would be his wet dream though.

Imgine if he got the rights to do a st6ar wars movie.... shutter.

DragonStorm247:

BathorysGraveland:

I don't know, that would make a lot more sense if Pokemon were aliens, especially with the eggs and such...

DragonStorm247:

Red and white ball-things, aliens - one in the same, man.

I'd let Michael Bay tackle a reboot season of Firefly.

Just to watch all of the Whedon-lovers squirm.

The evil Nightmare Moon has escaped from his prison, and is threatening to destroy the peace and freedom of the land of Equestria. To combat the threat, King Celestia has called forth his greatest warriors.

Twilight Sparkle. A pony of action and brains. He's the leader of the group.
Rarity. Snobby rich kid who has to grow up fast if he wants to survive.
Applejack. Good old boy, quick with a shotgun.
Fluttershy. Twilight's rather plain girlfriend (plain in that Hollywood "let down her hair and take off her glasses and she's super hot" way)
Rainbow Dash. She's the action girl, who usually has to be saved by one of the guys.
Pinkie Pie. The snarky support character.

Together, they must retrieve the six pieces of the ultimate weapon to defeat Nightmare Moon.

Instant K4rma:
I'd let Michael Bay tackle a reboot season of Firefly.

Just to watch all of the Whedon-lovers squirm.

Reboot? REBOOT there you go, my answer is ReBoot the old 3d show from the 90s.

Robocop. It's unlikely the story could get any worse than the last two movies, and if it does at least we'll get some kickass special effects and fight scenes (which, really, are the sole reasons why I watch Transformers in the first place.)

xDarc:
Sex and the City. Maybe he could cut the sex scenes with explosions.

Careful we might just get explosive sex scenes.... very graphic indeed.

Its not technically a franchise, but I would kill to see a Michael Bay Directed film about Michael Bay films. Just think of the explosion within explosion mindfuckery!

Well, resident evil is already a Michael Bay clone, but think of all the "highlarious" set pieces if he directed Resident Evil 5 (based on the game with the same name).

Just give Michael Bay the next Nicholas Sparks book-to-movie adaptation.

Already done, but My Little Pony.

I need to see that.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked