Biggest pain you've ever felt?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

When a girl broke my heart. OH THE AGONY!

But seriously, I had some sort of infection, (they called me a "Medical mystery" because they didn't know what it was) in my right leg and hip. It was eating away at joints or something, so if I didn't have surgery, I wouldn't be able to move my leg. All that time was horrible. The pain before going to the hospital was making me cry (I was 10). The 10 injections a day were quite horrible too. The tube that was draining some stuff out of my leg hurt like hell when they took it out. The stitches hurt too. The worst part of it was before going to the hospital though.

Oh, and I stood on a lego piece too, that is most certainly at the top of my pain chart.

Daystar Clarion:
I've had ingrown toenails too, and while not necessary the most excruciating pain I've ever felt, it's constant.

Every slight bump is agony, I was always very conscience about where my feet were, shifting my weight etc.

So glad I got the nails on both my big toes permanently removed.

Now, for the worst pain I've ever felt.

Appendicitis. The night before I went into hospital was the longest, most agonising night of my life, like someone was twisting my guts around their fist.

I can understand why people get addicted to morphine.

That shit is awesome and takes effect almost instantly.

Why are you always in top 5 posts of every thread this year.
Every time i log on and actually look at forums it's you.

From tonight you seem to be the only good part about the forums left...

Oh and the biggest pain i felt was either getting hit with a crowbar in my dream, and then waking up to a black eye and a pain in my hand. Double the pain, double the pleasure.

Oh getting lost in the woods for 2 days. The hungry games...

Having sex for the first time, Because it was extremely underwhelming. The female in my little duo 'got tired' Had to finish myself off. And when we tried again she 'got tired' again and i had to finish myself off AGAIN. 8 for 0 is a good ratio though right? =(

Appendicitis. And then the damn thing burst, and I didn't know it was appendicitis so I decided to wait it out. Having a burst appendix in you for three days is not only painful as fuck, it can also be, from what I've heard, quite lethal.

Slammed my index finger in a door. I was screaming inconsolably for hours.

Ive been shot, stabbed, clipped resulting in compound fracture,center car in a 5 car pile up but time, heals all wounds and it also makes all pain fade. Soooo... with that said all I can do is refer to this weeks biggest pain was NOT using this badboy ....

.... to cut a 3.5 inch filet into the top of my left hand, Or the 8 stitches required, it was the injection of Lidocaine right on top of a finger bone required to stitch the damned hunk of meat back together.

Yup... should have used the chain saw instead.

Edit: Though pancreatitis is pretty unbearable, and its only surpassed by the cure of starvation.

I managed to grab the prongs of a laptop charger as I pulled it out of the wall. It's like having every inch of your arm stuck with needles and it turns to jelly, then pulls as tight as if you had attached it to a speeding truck, then jellifies again.

I managed to let go through sheer spasm, and and I managed to pull a muscle. I always disconnect plugs from BEHIND the plug itself, now, rather than grabbing it directly. It's not good for the wires, but I don't want to risk zapping myself again.

When I was a little kid, for reasons I can't remember, I had to have a catheter...placed. If you don't know what those are....Well, you're probably better off, but I'll explain it anyway. Essentially, catheters are(brace yourself) tubes a doctor slides into your penis. I can't even type that sentence without my legs crossing a little bit. To make things even better, I'm honestly not sure if they even gave me anesthesia. I got another one recently and it didn't hurt (felt fuckin' bizarre and I hated it, but it didn't hurt) but I remember the one I got as a kid hurting like goddamn hell. They did SOMETHING differently. Also, it hurts like a mother to pee afterwards.

Seriously, never get a catheter. Recently, some doctors thought that if they didn't give me one, my kidneys would fail. Long story, it's not important. What's important is that, after about 3 weeks of weaseling around them and getting second opinions, I managed to prove them wrong. My kidneys are now better then ever.

Seriously, fuck doctors. I have a list of experiences beyond those listed above to back up that statement, but I won't get into them here.

Toothache that led to a painful headache that made me suffer for 3 hours, brutal agonizing pain that left me bedridden. I wanted to rip my tooth out of my head so much that I wish I could get pliers and smash the damn thing into pieces once on the ground.

Matthew94:
I'm allergic to penicillin so I had to use a different painkiller when I broke my collarbone.

Every drop that entered my veins hurt. Imagine a constant pain that you can't scratch that lasted for hours throughout the night.

Fuck, it hurt.

Since when is penicillin a painkiller? It's an anti-bi used to counter infection.

Whatever they gave you wasn't a penicillin substitute, the most common of which is azithromycin. Anti-bi's are rarely administered intravenously anyway. Only in emergencies really, for a broken bone a doctor may prescribe anti-bi pills or other oral meds to be taken after having the bone set to cut down the chances of later infection.

Whatever you had, it wasn't because you were allergic to pen'. And if it burnt your veins, you were probably allergic to that too.

[source] Also allergic to penicillin and have broken many a' bone, seen many a' A&E.

OT:

Honestly I dunno.

I've dislocated my left shoulder twice, snapping it back in really smarted...... twice. I've fractured my tibia, crushed my toe, cracked some ribs and fractured both of my heals.

All of which certainly hurt, the heals especially, literally had to walk tiptoed for months.

But you know what? None of them compare with a reet royal flick to the nuggets, sure breaks hurt fir longer. But that initial nerve searing impact of a full on nail flick almost made me vomit... very un pleasant.

Ooo, I've also had gastric flu, that felt like knives being jabbed and twisted in my gut.. I've heard people compare it to appendicitis. On that I can't comment, but I can say it was horrible.

Tea was my drink of choice. I preferred it to be very dark, and freshly brewed. Maybe a little sugar from time to time, but nothing else added in.

Then one night, I felt this sharp, stabbing pain in my left side. The best way to describe in would be an electric carving knife hooked up to a 240v outlet, and add vinegar to taste. At the 30 minute point of the trip to the ER, the nausea hit me like a brick.

So, long story short, kidneys stones are a bitch and a half. Trying to coordinate the movements necessary to take a leak through a screen while on hopped-up pain meds is not the most fun thing in the world either, but that's a different story for a different topic.

It's the internet, so why the hell not?

Epididymitis. For those of you who are not familiar with the term, it is an infection of the epididymis, aka the tube that connects your vas deferens to your testicles. My balls swelled up to the size of apples, and I was suddenly faced with the very real problem of accidentally sitting on them constantly. On top of that, there was a constant burning sensation in them that made it impossible to sleep, and miserable to be awake. I'd describe it like someone dropping a clothing iron on your crotch and leaving it there.

The medical staff had me on a "wait and see" regimen, until they didn't stop growing. Before the staff thought it was an infection, they thought it was torsion, and were telling me that there was a strong possibility of having to remove one or both. After they found out it was an infection, they gave me horse-pill sized antibiotics to be taken every three hours and told me to finish the whole bottle, and suffer through the problem until the antibiotics made it go away. I received no pain meds. I was 12. I fucking hate doctors.

I haven't *tried* to have kids yet, but I may or may not be sterile from this occurrence as well. Guess we'll see on that one.

Passing a kidney stone. Like pissing liquid fire razor blades.

Getting my elbow tattooed wasn't a pleasant experience, that's for certain. I eagerly await being able to compare that pain with a chestpiece and some foot tattoos.

I recently ate my friend's home-made chili then spent 48 hours in the hospital. It felt like my insides were trying to eat their way out. For two days. Without getting too graphic, I was not aware that the human body could eject that much junk that fast for that long.

ummmm just kicked in the balls i guess. I had two in-grown toenails before but it wasn't as painful. Probably one of the other most painful moments was having a cow step on my foot at age 11.

I have food allergies, so when I east certain foods, holes open in my stomach and start bleeding. That's pretty damn painful.

I also have a really bad back, so if I do anything to mess it up it hurts like crazy.

Shingles hurts pretty bad. I had that last year. All I could do was lay about and moan about it though. Painkillers are pretty ineffective at it.

Also, when I was 12 I had surgery on my ear. So they basically cut it off at the back and pushed it forward so they can tinker with my ear-insides. It was quite funny to me at the time because surgery on your head makes your head feel so heavy; but it also hurt like a bitch.

Bullet ricochet that left about a 4" long gash on my left cheek.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
When I was a little kid, for reasons I can't remember, I had to have a catheter...placed. If you don't know what those are....Well, you're probably better off, but I'll explain it anyway. Essentially, catheters are(brace yourself) tubes a doctor slides into your penis. I can't even type that sentence without my legs crossing a little bit. To make things even better, I'm honestly not sure if they even gave me anesthesia. I got another one recently and it didn't hurt (felt fuckin' bizarre and I hated it, but it didn't hurt) but I remember the one I got as a kid hurting like goddamn hell. They did SOMETHING differently. Also, it hurts like a mother to pee afterwards.

Seriously, never get a catheter. Recently, some doctors thought that if they didn't give me one, my kidneys would fail. Long story, it's not important. What's important is that, after about 3 weeks of weaseling around them and getting second opinions, I managed to prove them wrong. My kidneys are now better then ever.

Seriously, fuck doctors. I have a list of experiences beyond those listed above to back up that statement, but I won't get into them here.

Oh God, I had one of those before! Your description made me quiver and cross my legs >...>
The worst part is when they take it out; my doctor said I wouldn't feel anything, SHE LIED! She pulled the thing out in one quick motion and I squealed like an injured dog.
The piss I had after also stung.

In the last year or so my Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis has gotten worse so my biggest pain usually occurs every day. I have had it since I was born though so I know how to manage and tolerate the pain.

I have two ingrown toenails (one was especially really fun after it was growing longer than I should've let it and I smashed it into those small metal T's they have on docks to tie the smaller boats too), and I've had a knife enter my arm bout 2-2.5 inches by accident. They were bad, but being physical pain they weren't too bad and you can usually get over them pretty fast. The worst is emotional pain cause that sticks with ya.

Sean Hollyman:
So what's the worst, most excrutiating, painful pain you've ever felt?

I had an ingrown toenail once, mega ouch :(

Same here, I started getting them on one side of my big toe, so i had it removed, then i got one on the other side of the same toe, got it removed. Then I started getting them on my other big toe!

So i had the sides of both my big toes to remove, looks a little strange but it's well worth it.

well damn, there goes my chance to chip in. i was gonna say 'cutting my toenails' but i was ninja'd by the OP and first poster... *shrug*

I've had ingrown toe nails twice, both ended up with horrible disgusting infections, so i had some light surgery done with local euthanasia. Local euthanasia is a bitch to get. Imagine someone sticks a needle in your big toe, it stings a bit but it's not excruciating beyond human understanding. Then the needle expands about one inch on both sides and it feels like your big toes going to explode.

I've been suffering from crippling migranes since I was a baby. They've been less frequent lately, but when they do happen, I'm down and out for the day.

Citric acid based air freshener after a hot shower. All I'll say is, it was very agonizing and painful, I will not divulge how it happened.

Being in labor with no epidural for 10 hours. (I finally got one after that.) Somehow, I managed to drive myself to the hospital. As for ingrown toenails, I hate those things. I have also had a kidney infection while I was pregnant and that was terrible. And... I accidentally chopped part of my finger off. I had to go to the ER for that and well, my cousin was attending that night and threw up. Funny story.

I was fixing one of my controllers that had stopped working. Turns out a defective battery had ruptured and melted the case to the body, but I didn't know that. So when I tried to remove the battery case and it didn't work, I pulled harder and it flung off along with the leaking battery which splashed the lower part of my face and the inside of my mouth with battery acid. Luckily, battery acid isn't strong enough to burn through skin quickly, so if you wash it off fast enough it won't burn. Unfortunately, the tissue inside your mouth isn't so thick and that burned/melted quite fast. I managed to spit most of it out, which looked like I was vomiting blood and blackish tar almost horror movie like, and so no serious permanent damage was done. Still the pain was excruciating and it lasted for a week. Ever since then the tissue in my mouth is weak enough to the point where if I eat something that is slightly on the burnt side, like toast, my mouth bleeds.

Too hard to pin point. I've dislocated joints, broken fingers, toes and my foot, rolled ankles, torn tendons, torn hamstrings, pulled calves and stepped on lego. Football is a shit sport anyway.

Testicular torsion. Even the name makes it sound painful.

I was making out with a girl for a good 30 minutes, all the while I was in an uncomfortable position on the couch. The... "arousal", mixed with jeans and the weird way I was laying on the couch with her ended up taking it's toll on my goods. I managed to drive home, somehow walked out of my car and told my mom something was wrong, which wasn't a pleasant conversation.

Seriously, it's legitimately hard to type this. Luckily enough it wasn't permanently damaged, so I ended up sitting in the bath tub for a few hours and managed to pull myself to bed and passed out from all the Excedrin I took.

Remind me to be more diligent about trimming my nails... that ingrown toenail thing has come up the most. Happy to say I've never had one... yet.

For me it was having all four wisdom teeth pulled in one crack. Once the painkiller wore off it was six straight hours of holy freaking hell!!

I'm also happy to say that's the worst pain I've ever felt, because considering what other freakishly gnarly stuff's been posted here I don't even...

Oh, and getting my hair cut is a bitch as well...

A spinal tap is the most intense pain I've felt. I've had two, and I passed out during both despite a huge application of painkillers both times. Still, the pain didn't linger, unlike with really bad injuries... which brings me to the time a man applied a 9mm slug to my person using an old russian handgun. What it lacked in intensity was made up for in aching during recovery. So I guess overall that was worse... but for sheer intensity, nothing beats a needle straight into your spinal cord.

Skillock:
Passing a kidney stone. Like pissing liquid fire razor blades.

This about a million times over. Pissing out my first kidney stone was the most painful thing ever. The second and hopefully last one was a little bit better due to the home remedy I tried out which was one cup of lemon juice cut with one cup of water. The extra acid helped dissolve the mostly calcium stone until it just slipped out. Now I make sure to drink plenty of fluids every day to keep this from happening again.

I went on holiday down to the coast when I was younger. I noticed a small blue-green caterpillar on my arm, flicking the small creature off of my arm, we continued on to the beach. Little did I know it had just emerged from my shirt and slowly my back gets itchy, an more itchy and OH MY GOD ARHHG! unbearable itch all over my back, I ended up ripping my shirt over my head and sprinting into the water in the hopes it may help, thank god it did, but that night I was sunburnt so my hippyesque Aunt proscribes me some aloe vera (usually a good idea), however whatever is in aloe vera combined with my caterpillar "bite" when down like a paper factory filled with petrol, oh god it burned, all night, all day for the next two days, a mix of bug poison and sunburn... It was horrible.

loc978:
A spinal tap is the most intense pain I've felt. I've had two, and I passed out during both despite a huge application of painkillers both times. Still, the pain didn't linger, unlike with really bad injuries... which brings me to the time a man applied a 9mm slug to my person using an old russian handgun. What it lacked in intensity was made up for in aching during recovery. So I guess overall that was worse... but for sheer intensity, nothing beats a needle straight into your spinal cord.

I've always been curious about a gunshot wound. If you don't mind, where were you shot and what did it feel like?

And why were you shot?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked