Things that made you cry as a kid that you still cannot watch

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I am 21 close to 22. I was either 3 or 4 when it came out and to this day I cannot watch the bit in The Lion King where Mufasa is killed. I tried about a month ago because my girlfriend wanted to watch it and I got to the part just before he falls and I could feel a manly tear coming and had to hit skip on the DVD remote.

How about you guys? Does not have to just be movies, can be anything.

I watched a nature show which followed a pack of wild dogs. The alpha female felt compelled to murder the pups of a beta female. I was watching with my sisters as this was a homework assignment for bio. The 3 of us were hysterical! We should sue the flipping school! To this day, were I to see a similar show, I'd change the channel.

If you didn't/don't cry at the ending to Homeward Bound when Shadow comes limping out of the woods......you are just the most horrible kind of person and have no soul. xP

Dragonheart. Anyone who's seen it knows why.

The bear and the lion on the Teletubbies.

Those eyes.

I remember as a kid that every time a certain little kids show called "Ferryboat Fred" came on the TV, I would immediately bolt for the door, screaming like there was a demon chasing me. I think it was the eyes, staring into my soul O_O

Gorfias:
I watched a nature show which followed a pack of wild dogs. The alpha female felt compelled to murder the pups of a beta female. I was watching with my sisters as this was a homework assignment for bio. The 3 of us were hysterical! We should sue the flipping school! To this day, were I to see a similar show, I'd change the channel.

nature is damn sadistic sometimes.

RJ 17:

If you didn't/don't cry at the ending to Homeward Bound when Shadow comes limping out of the woods......you are just the most horrible kind of person and have no soul. xP

i tought it would end like old yeller.

anyways i cant watch the last unicorn without feeling sad.
damn you america for contributing such a great song on top on a great story with great animation. damn you to hell!

and watership down.
the Black Rabbit of Inlé still scares the shit out of me

not the same but I still find the latter half of Titanic really uncomfortable to watch

oh and I didnt see it as a kid...but who were those sadistic fucks who made the movie "Plauge dogs" seriously, you know what it is you know what Im talking about

Does it still count if you were an adult when first exposed, but then could not watch it again? I was almost of legal drinking age (US) the first time I saw the "Jurassic Bark" episode of Futurama. Didn't cry, but only because I was really concentrating on holding it back (could not cry in front of the whole dorm floor in the TV lounge although one look around was enough to tell we were ALL trying to hold it back.) Until "Bender's Big Score" ret-conned that episode I could not watch it again. Which was too bad, it's a funny episode. However, the retcon kind of takes something powerfully emotional away from the episode... kind of sad in its own right.

As far as when I was a kid... can't remember something making me cry. The wedding chapter from Katherine Kurtz's "King's Justice" perhaps... but I can still read it over again. Didn't cry at the death of Bambi's mom. Came close to crying at Spock's death... but I can still watch Wrath of Kahn (although didn't watch it again until after the release of III which brought him back so maybe that counts.) Stephen King's "It," (the TV mini) and the 80's "V" scared the crap out me when I was young. But I like scary stuff so I can watch it again and have fun doing so... well with It I can. V's comically 80s big hair makes me laugh too hard to be scary.

I guess that really doesn't happen with me. Something good enough to actually evoke a "sad" response (or any kind of emotional response) from me is usually "good" enough a story to warrant a second try. A good example is M*A*S*H's "Dreams." Powerful stuff.

I saw a sequence from "When the Wind Blows" where a nuke hits right as the main couple have a fight. Even when I was ten, I knew exactly what the shattering picture frame meant, and in the context, it's incredibly sad and jarring. Whoever designed the nuking scene was an absolutely mad genius, it's very difficult to watch even now.

Vault101:
not the same but I still find the latter half of Titanic really uncomfortable to watch

oh and I didnt see it as a kid...but who were those sadistic fucks who made the movie "Plauge dogs" seriously, you know what it is you know what Im talking about

I think it was made by the same people that did Watership Down. I think both The Plague Dogs and Watership Down were written by the same author. Richard Adams is his name.

Vault101:

"Come here boy! Come here! Who's a good dog-"

[BANG]

BLOOD STREAMING FROM HIS FACE! SCARE CHORD! TERRIFIED DOG RUNS OFF, HORRIFIED! BLOOD! BLOOD EVERYWHEEEEERE!

...FOR KIDS!

Oh man, Old yeller, though I have watched it recently, and man every kid needs to see that movie, probably not at a young age though...

Lets see White Fang always gave me trouble, I don't know if I can still watch it since I haven't seen it on TV for I don't know decade and a half but yeah, total tear jerker for me as a kid.

Soviet Heavy:
Dragonheart. Anyone who's seen it knows why.

Honestly didn't expect to get ninja'd so quickly involving Dragonheart of all things but fucking +1 man. Manly tears for Connery.

lacktheknack:
I saw a sequence from "When the Wind Blows" where a nuke hits right as the main couple have a fight. Even when I was ten, I knew exactly what the shattering picture frame meant, and in the context, it's incredibly sad and jarring. Whoever designed the nuking scene was an absolutely mad genius, it's very difficult to watch even now.

what the acutal fuck?....what the actual horrfiying fuck?

if that was a nuke should they be fried?.....I supose the radiation will get them....fffuuuuuck (also interesting mix of tradition and stop motion)

gotta hand it to the britsh...they know fucked up

Vault101:

lacktheknack:

what the acutal fuck?....what the actual horrfiying fuck?

if that was a nuke should they be fried?.....I supose the radiation will get them....fffuuuuuck (also interesting mix of tradition and stop motion)

gotta hand it to the britsh...they know fucked up

You spoiled the ending of the movie for yourself.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,;_;,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pokemon. First Movie. Yes, I know it's stupid, corny, well over the top, and had more than a few plot holes in it, but that one damn scene with Pikachu sitting over Ash's 'dead' body, shocking him repeatedly in an attempt to get him up while everyone stares on in absolute silence gets me every god damn time.

lacktheknack:

...after watching that its the only logical conclusion...fuuuck

I was about to eat and now Im too horrfied...I just....fuuuuck

lacktheknack:

Vault101:

[BANG]

BLOOD STREAMING FROM HIS FACE! SCARE CHORD! TERRIFIED DOG RUNS OFF, HORRIFIED! BLOOD! BLOOD EVERYWHEEEEERE!

...FOR KIDS!

That movie is not intended for children.

Hexenwolf:

lacktheknack:

Vault101:

[BANG]

...FOR KIDS!

That movie is not intended for children.

The book was. Same with Watership Down.

Watership Down (almost as horrifying as Plague Dogs) was actually a story that the author told his children and wrote down afterwards.

Vault101:

lacktheknack:

...after watching that its the only logical conclusion...fuuuck

I was about to eat and now Im too horrfied...I just....fuuuuck

Sorry. It made me feel nasty, too.

My Father made me watch Alien as a kid. I cried and ran away at the bit where the Alien comes out of the guys stomach. I cannot even hear about that movie without getting a little scared.

lacktheknack:

Sorry. It made me feel nasty, too.

and to think people actually saw nuclear war as a possibility back then....thats fucking terrifying

The_Critic:
Oh man, Old yeller, though I have watched it recently, and man every kid needs to see that movie, probably not at a young age though...

Lets see White Fang always gave me trouble, I don't know if I can still watch it since I haven't seen it on TV for I don't know decade and a half but yeah, total tear jerker for me as a kid.

If you thought the movie version of White Fang was bleak, you haven't seen anything compared to the book. It's fucking brutal with the kennel fights.

RJ 17:

This always made me cry but only got worse after my dog passed away last summer. I bawl when shadow falls in the pit, and when he tries to get out, and when they leave him, and when he shows up at the end. Like a baby.

I cried once during Mars Attacks because I was scared of the bit where one of the Martians dresses up as a woman, I was young, No idea why that scared me. I still don't know what happens in that scene.

Mariakko:
I cried once during Mars Attacks because I was scared of the bit where one of the Martians dresses up as a woman, I was young, No idea why that scared me. I still don't know what happens in that scene.

Allow me to show you.

Creepily hilarious.

For the LONGEST time, I could not watch Empire Strikes Back because the arm thing was so traumatic. After A New Hope, I wanted to see a lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader so badly, but after Empire, I was really hoping that Luke wouldn't have to fight Vader again.

Prequels have desensitized me to that sort of thing though.

lacktheknack:

Vault101:

[BANG]

...FOR KIDS!

What was the point of that scene? I heard the book has a happy ending to it which is good.

Watership Down still gets me to this day.

I love this game (this scene in particular) because it makes me cry like a baby.

I have never finished this game, because I already know what happens, and just thinking about it - even though I've never seen it first-hand - makes me cry.

It's not a very common game that invokes any emotions to that degree in me.

I would say Chrono Cross, the certain scene that plays with this music in it.

Those who have played the game probably know exactly what I'm talking about. Still gets to me.

I really can't think of watching anything that really affected me until the twist ending of "Star Fox 64"

Lion King and stuff like that just didn't seem to affect me back then.

I still cannot watch The Fox and the Hound. That damn film makes me cry too much. I tried watching it a few years ago and had to turn it off.

Padwolf:
I still cannot watch The Fox and the Hound. That damn film makes me cry too much. I tried watching it a few years ago and had to turn it off.

Tis a good movie, book is even bleaker.

OT: Yeah mufasa....i can kinda hold it in nowadays.

Luftwaffles:

Padwolf:

Tis a good movie, book is even bleaker.

OT: Yeah mufasa....i can kinda hold it in nowadays.

I can't watch that, just knowing what it is makes me want to cry!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked