Energy boost for furries??

yup that's what Mio energy is a energy boost for furries and so far the youtube comments are full of furry drama.

poor cheetah can't catch a break
(the gazelle sounds like Seth Green BTW)

women............

too bad for this leopard.........women aren't like Mio

ewwwwwwww croc block big time

is Mio run by furries?

Not quite. It's more that Mio makes you hallucinate anthromorphs in the place of humans.

/sworn off energy drinks for life

I don't see how having adverts with animals means that it's for furries. Unless the makers have said that or something.

The uncanny valley.

It's creeping me the fuck out.

orangina did worse.

*shudders*

I have just realised realistic furries are even more creepy.

Keep them in anime form!

bahumat42:

orangina did worse.

^What I was going to say.

*shudders*

This, however, I've never seen before. The hell is that?
Does Orangina advocate using their product as after shave?
That's some weird shit.

*Gives a wide, joyless grin from across the poorly lit maptable.*

sluggyfreelancer:
I don't see how having adverts with animals means that it's for furries. Unless the makers have said that or something.

Well, I suppose they're just not aware of the whole "Orangina/Mio are secretly furries, nooo!"-piece of far-fetched internet logic. Or even better, they don't care. ^^

Still, one thing they should be aware of (and avoid) is the Uncanny Valley-phenomenom. Yeesh...

Yeesh, Uncanny Valley much? ...also, I don't know if these were intentionally meant to attract furries...

bahumat42:

orangina did worse.

*shudders*

yeah that second ad is french and gay

while the first ad is very sexual with furries and wet t shirts

So... did they expect people to buy more Mio, or did they expect them to gouge their eyes out in horror?

............ Kill them with fire!

Oh! Th this is why GEICO is so successful. In 15 minutes you could spend $200 more on car insurance.... but we have an anthropomorphic mascot

FLUNITRAZEPAM FTW!

just some squirts and your water, hell your weekend will be more 'energized'.
shake things up.

okay, seriously. why the hell does the Cheetah not take it? he would then be overcharged.

plus who would buy this shit just to make his water purple?

Not sure if this is necessarily aimed towards furries. It just seems more like something that catches people's attention. Like any commercial is set out to do.

Still though, pretty weird stuff.

Abandon4093:
............ Kill them with fire!

Purge them in the name of the Emperor!

OT: Yeah, they just look creepy to me for some reason. Something about them just screams "wrong!" to me in how they look. I know it's just a gimmic but gimimcs shouldn't have me screaming litanies for the God-Emperor while reaching for my bolter and chainsword.

I'm a furry and,,, I'm a lil creeped out ^^*

These commercials have been airing here in Canada. And everytime I see them I think "What the FUCK..."

Ahhhhhh! What the fuck? Seriously what the fuck? this is the most disturbing thing i've seen all week.

Uhhh... I'm not sure this is going to help with the sales, it's just wierd.

What...

What did i just watch >_> i..

I'm going to need to smoke alota trees to forget this.

I'm a furry and what is this?

Though somehow I don't think this is gonna be a succes story with their target audience...
And I'm not amused neither.

What was their marketing department thinking?

Were they thinking at all?

Regular ads are now worned out and promptly ignored, funny ads are starting to wear out and becoming harder to make. So some companies choose the third option, weird ads. Ads have never been about the product, but about bringing attention to something. And the weird option is working.

ForgottenPr0digy:
yup that's what Mio energy is a energy boost for furries and so far the youtube comments are full of furry drama.

poor cheetah can't catch a break
(the gazelle sounds like Seth Green BTW)

women............

too bad for this leopard.........women aren't like Mio

ewwwwwwww croc block big time

is Mio run by furries?

After looking through some of the comments, my response is as follows.

Is cartoon network run by furries? Is disney run by furries? Does being a fan of Tom and Jerry make you a furry?

What is wrong with people. I liked the advert. It made me laugh. Plus, apparently, that meio shit REALLY perks you up and that is something I could do with.

In short?

How narrowminded must you be to declare that anything with antrhopomorphic animals in it is by default made by furries. Seriously.

And in closing?

Why do people care what consenting adults get up to? Seriously? There are things much worse than a Furry. Out of all the fetishes.... Hmmm. I think I could sleep with a furry wearing a fursuit. I mean, Not me wearing the suit, make that clear. But yeah.

Its not dangerous. Sure as hell beats sleeping with someone who has a blood fetish. Although you do get good with bandages.

rhizhim:

okay, seriously. why the hell does the Cheetah not take it? he would then be overcharged.

yeah he should take some and catch that gazelle from earlier

@RazadaMk2

hey I am a furry and I like these ads

lolwut

They look like they were designed by some random Deviantart castoff.

sluggyfreelancer:

Exactly what I was thinking. I seriously doubt that's what the marketing department was thinking when they were coming up with these ads.

While I wouldn't consume MiO if I was paid to do so, I did find the commercials entertaining. This does not strike me as pandering to people with any particular sexual fetish, I think it's quite simply cartoon comedy with more fancy technology than what people like Chuck Jones would have used.

Animal caricatures have been a standard staple of animation for as long as animation has existed - especially since political correctness became the big thing. Cultural and racial stereotypes (no matter how funny) were suddenly totally unacceptable, while animal stereotypes have remained A-OK.

Until everybody became furry-phobic for some reason. Oh well.

Well, that's mildly disturbing. I'm sure they just did it because it certainly sticks out, I mean, were talking about it aren't we? So it certainly worked.

Oh boy, haven't seen this topic twice before.

I don't see what the big deal is, what do you want me to discuss? Do the guys who market this have a furry hobby? How the hell should I know, I don't know the people.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here