Your favourite shootouts/fight scenes in any form of media?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Okay, give me either or both your favourite shootout and fight scene in books, films, videogames (only cutscenes though) TV etc.
My shootout would have to be this: http://youtu.be/aG8J3_4mKUM
I know it's not technically a shootout, but it contains guns being shot and I'm going to count it, because it's my thread, so suck it. Watch the entire thing, it's one long shot, and it's absolutely incredible how they did it.

My favourite fight scene would either be this: http://youtu.be/uLt7lXDCHQ0

or this: http://youtu.be/1ozdCJJ6osg (It IS realistic!)

Never played the games, but this scene is really freakin' cool.

If we're going downthe videogame route then I love this one: http://youtu.be/XBCLGrmDrx0
So brutal...

This is a favourite - great fight choreography and pacing, perfectly chosen music and really well shot - and no shaky cam or hyperactive rapid editing, thankfully.

And this - not only a great action scene, but perhaps my all time favourite special effects sequence.

This is just the best scene ever made. (and without joking, this is probably the fight scene I had the most fun watching)

This scene was freakin' awesome when I first saw it... in Japanese of course. The funniest bit being when Batou just calm-as-you-like jumps down a hundred storeys...

Enzo Matrix vs Megabyte near the end of Reboot Season 3 was the most epic thing ever:

hated the film, loved that moment though.

I posted it once and I'll post it again.

Still one of if not the best animated fight sequence ever. Too bad she still loses in the end.

Eh, why not add the best animated fight scene I ever saw where every anime is nothing in comparison:

I especially like the detail that went in every move, reaction and parade. And the lack of stupid, nonsensical talking while throwing ONE punch over 10 minutes of screentime.

Best fight scene:

Best shootout:

Yep. I think I win.

TheKasp:
Eh, why not add the best animated fight scene I ever saw where every anime is nothing in comparison:

Oh, time to bust out the DC Animated Movies it seems...

I love DBZ, but vicious fistfights beat ten hour charge up blasts any day.

bahumat42:

hated the film, loved that moment though.

The first time I saw him headshot the dude with the revolver, lift him in the air by the bullethole, and used him as a human shield, I burst out laughing. I agree, pretty bad movie, but it did have its badass moments... namely the sniper scene at the very end. The whole "What the fuck have you done today?" quote still sticks with me.

I kind of suprise that this didn't get mention yet-

Well ok I was referring to the TV version (the film is still good bu I haven't fully seen it yet) so the film will do.

Also this got both shootout and fight scene!

Well there's this probably my favourite scene from a film

Band of Brothers, pick any fight, they are all equally awesome.

If you haven't watched band of brothers WATCH BAND OF BROTHERS

Casual Shinji:

Still one of if not the best animated fight sequence ever. Too bad she still loses in the end.

YES.

Kinda missed the bit before the beginning of the video, where she realises her mother is in the Eva and she kept saying "I don't wanna die..."

Awesome though.

OT: I love the whole final battle of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, unfortunately I can't find the video for the whole thing...

Flamezdudes:

Casual Shinji:

*video snip*

YES.

Kinda missed the bit before the beginning of the video, where she realises her mother is in the Eva and she kept saying "I don't wanna die..."

Awesome though.

It's also that every other EVA battle in the series has involved guns or some deus ex machina super power. Which is cool on it's own, but I just love the "hands on" approach to this battle in particular; Asuka bitch slapping and karate kicking jet fighters, crushing the skulls of the mass-produced EVA's and smashing her fist through their rib cages.

It's so wonderfully fucking brutal. =)

Casual Shinji:

Flamezdudes:

Casual Shinji:

*video snip*

YES.

Awesome though.

It's also that every other EVA battle in the series has involved guns or some deus ex machina super power. Which is cool on it's own, but I just love the "hands on" approach to this battle in particular; Asuka bitch slapping and karate kicking jet fighters, crushing the skulls of the mass-produced EVA's and smashing her fist through their rib cages.

Indeed it is my friend... indeed it is... Is your username a reference to Shinji by the way? The character I mean.

Flamezdudes:

Casual Shinji:

Flamezdudes:

YES.

Awesome though.

Indeed it is my friend... indeed it is... Is your username a reference to Shinji by the way? The character I mean.

Hmmmm... kinda.

When I was a teenager and I first got exposed to anime knowing that it was anime, there was all this harem stuff around. And they always featured some casual looking dude who gets swamped by hot babes. And to a dumb teenager that be mighty appealing. And Shinji from NGE is sort of the epitome of the casual looking Japanese teenager with his short black hair and his white short sleeved shirt, so there ya go.

The whole idea behind the name doesn't even really resonate anymore with who I am now, but over the years I've grown attached to it.

Sorry, I don't care much for shoot-outs, so I'll just join the others and post my favorite fight scene.

HarryScull:
Band of Brothers, pick any fight, they are all equally awesome.

If you haven't watched band of brothers WATCH BAND OF BROTHERS

Personal pick for me would be the fight to take the artillery emplacement at the end of episode 2.

my favourite shootout scene would be this one

And my favourite fight scene would be The Raid. Yes, the WHOLE film !

Tied with this scene.

Athol:

damnit, you beat me to the punch.

Goddamn Heat is an average movie, but this is easily one of the best shootouts in cinema history.

OT: gotta go with the Battle of Foy from Band of Brothers.

Just a perfect scene demonstrating the pressures of war on a commanding officer who is just not ready for the responsibility and the effect that one guy who knows what to do can have to completely un0fuck a situation.

Both my favorite fight scene AND shootout come from the same series, the Matrix

Lobby scene:

and the Final Battle between Neo and Anderson

Awesome trilogy! :D

Oh I want to post that Higurashi No Naku Kuro Ni scene here so badly! You know the one! I don't want to traumatise the more sensitive souls out there though...

lol jk just don't want to risk the potential ban XP

Hmmmmmmmm, oh duh, how can I not bring Gurren Lagann into this? Which one though? There's so many! And what about the spoilers?!

I've always been one for the subtle undercurrents going on behind the fight myself... So I nominate Persona 4's Yosuke vs Main Character max Social Link friendship brawl!

Have I mentioned how perfect Persona 4 is today?

Or even better full on no physical combat mind games. K, the Chess scene in Episode 11 in Code Geass R2. Skip to like 2:30/3:00 or so if you don't care for introductions

Not too spoilerish, it's a perfect character defining moment for Lulu.

While not really a shootout as such, I still think that the forest chase/running gun battle from Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Sadows deserves a mention. It's very reminiscent of the Bastoyne scenes in Band of Brothers.

Say what you will about the use of slow motion in the Guy Ritchie films, but I think it's well used here. That and the fantastic Hans Zimmer soundtrack (personal favourite, the section at 1:04) really drive home the point of how outmatched Holmes and company seem to be. Though theres only a few German troops after them, it feels like an entire army bearing down on them.

Of course, best shootout goes to Heat. It always goes to Heat, and with good reason!

All a single take.

Runner up would be anything involving Tony Jaa, specifically if he happens to be on fire during any part of the fight.

EDIT: Not too sure about favorite shootout... therefore Rambo.

RustlessPotato:

Hell yes, this scene. Not the most historically accurate film in the world, but the fights were awesome.

This is by far my favorite fight scene. I never played the game, but I might just for this cutscene.

The choreography is great and shows just what Spartan Ones are capable of.

Though there are tons of fights I love (many have already been posted), this is still my favorite Mecha fight. 08th MS team is my favorite Gundam series, and the 08th vs Captain Norris was just awesome.

I loved the more "grounded" and "realistic" fight as opposed to the typical super fast super hero type fights you see normally. A true mobile suit ace taking on a whole armored team by himself with actual tactics than simply head butting the opponent.

Captain Norris is so bad ass that he let them beat him as he was simply stalling for time. Dude could have wiped the floor with them, and all in a rather 'antiquated' mobile suit model.

Also The Raid, the entire damn movie. It's all one giant fight scene pretty much, and it is glorious.

Plenty other fights I could list, but that will suffice for now.

The whole final sequence of Batman Begins where Batman Vs TLOS.

So tense, and the music is perfect

The 1995 film Heat shootout scene was amazing.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked