43% (179)
43% (179)
No
56.3% (234)
56.3% (234)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: So a man walks into a bar...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

So a man walks into a bar holding a briefcase and he sits down right next to you. You guys start talking and you find out the case contains five million US dollars. He tells you that it's all your's if you do him just one favour. He wants you to kill someone. You don't know the person, you don't know anything about them and there is no chance of getting caught. Would you go for it?

No chance of being caught?

If it was truly 0% then yes, I'd do it.

EDIT Well I say I would but as well all know, killing someone is no small thing. I'm not sure if I would actually do it but the 0% being caught thing is an incentive.

EDIT2 Bullshit, it isn't 0%. The fucking guy knows, he would have your balls for all time as he would know. No, fuck that. I'll say no and not end up dead or in jail.

No, because if you thrust someone who says "Herp Derp, I has 5 million dollars(which is totally useless to me) in my briefcase, it's yours if you can kill someone" then you deserve to be thrown into prison with a large man called Mary.

So no, I wouldn't accept his offer.

Marines had me doing that crap for way less money so yes :P

I've actually done similar things before with less money involved.

Matthew94:
EDIT2 Bullshit, it isn't 0%. The fucking guy knows, he would have your balls for all time as he would know. No, fuck that. I'll say no and not end up dead or in jail.

It's a hypothetical scenario, stop over thinking it.

I'd say, "Nah, I'm good," pretty easily and then politely excuse myself. There's no need to get all worked up about it. It's not getting caught that worries me, it's the fact that even though I'm rich, I just killed someone. A husband, someone's wife, a kid, or even someone in my own family. Dead.

Nah. There's no amount of money to justify that. At least, not for me. I don't mean to be rude, but someone's either got next to nothing to lose, or be pretty low to take that offer.

Isn't this a riddle and the guy wants you to kill yourself or something. If this is just a hypothetical question then sure, what do I have to lose.

I'd go for it. Why not? No chance of being caught. I'm not the type of person to be weighed down by guilt, so for me, it'd be easy money.

Sure. I'd kill him. Don't know him: check. Don't know anything about him: check. And I'd end any future sick little games of his.

To answer with the implied parameters (aka can't kill the guy), no, I wouldn't.

Nah...my guilt would rot me from the inside.

No, I may play a psychopathic murderous cunt in my fantasies but i am only murderous to people that need to die. If i know nothing about the man how can i be fine killing him? I can not.

Now if he owns slaves or is a tyrant fine i will kill the fuck fur free. Slavers and tyrants must die! THEY MUST ALL DIE BY MY BLADE!

Some shifty guy I've never met is offering me 5 million dollars to kill someone and I have to take his word that I won't get caught. No thanks.

I'm just an average guy, how do I know that he hasn't given me counterfeit or sequential bills? Or that he's not sending me after a spec ops guy who would ruin my shit before I got close enough to pull the trigger?

Make it pounds and we have a deal.

And then i'll give you 5 million reasons why I wouldn't feel bad about it.

DANEgerous:
No, I may play a psychopathic murderous cunt in my fantasies but i am only murderous to people that need to die. If i know nothing about the man how can i be fine killing him? I can not.

Now if he owns slaves or is a tyrant fine i will kill the fuck fur free. Slavers and tyrants must die! THEY MUST ALL DIE BY MY BLADE!

In short i would day I love Dexter Morgan but this feels more Khorne tome and i do not want to go that far.

I wanted to edit not quote damn you.

Really easy choice for me. Yeah I lost a connection to my fellow man when I turned 22 a couple of years ago. Kind of numb to strangers and would have no problem killing somebody I have never met. After all, strangers give you plenty of reason to want to cattle gun them in the head like Anton. Really hard to not want to spend that money on something really big. Do know that I would probably buy house in a couple of months and never work again.

Never. My moral convictions far exceed the substance of my own petty circumstance.

Well action movie cliches tell me no this is a bad idea. I'm either I'm going to get dead, the person paying me will develop a fatal addiction to lead, or I'm the fall guy for someone else and I would have to spend the next 90 minutes proving my innocence and evading capture. In all cases I will not get paid.

I'd kill him. . .the he can't rat me out or blackmail me.

Assuming hypothetical situation: Yes

Real life : Unlikely.(because there's no such thing as 0% chance of being caught)

What if I kill him instead?

Capcha: double-cross

How appropriate

I'd have to find out who it was first. I wouldn't dust-off old Window-maker for just anybody.
Or...

Risingblade:
What if I kill him instead?

Capcha: double-cross

How appropriate

Captcha: easy as cake
I agree with both statements!

Considering there are people who I'd have happily killed without any monetary inducement if I could have been certain of getting away with it, I'd have to say yes. I've never been all that fond of people. What's one less, really?

Oddly enough, I read a book recently which began with a similar premise.

There may be 0% chance of getting caught, but what about chance of success? Like if he's asking you to kill Chuck Norris.

You won't get caught because they'll never find what's left of you.

Not what I was expecting when I saw this, I thought it would be voting on a fill-in-the-blank for that old joke.

No way. For all I know, he's going to have me assassinate some leader of a popular revolution in some country, dooming the people of that country to the tyrannical rule of some military junta. Or just some innocent person with a family who doesn't deserve to die...

Plus, I have no immediate need for $5 million. A desire, certainly, but I'll be fine without it.

Sablestick:
Not what I was expecting when I saw this, I thought it would be voting on a fill-in-the-blank for that old joke.

also, this.

nope. I am not in a video game

Well at zero % chance of being caught...Yea I'd do it..So long as you don't want me to torture them or bludgeon them to death with a rock. But unless its zero, up the money to ridiculous amounts or GTFO

Probably not.

Because knowing my luck, the dude he has me kill is probably gonna be some John Connor-esque figure, and thus I end up screwing the world over big time.

DONE , you not believe me if I told you the going rate for rent in Melbourne

Instead of killing the guy, I would slam this guy's face into the bar and then I would spit on his face and walk away, what I'm saying is that I'd be greatly offended if somebody took me for a criminal just like that, fucking pig.

No chance of getting caught? Sure, why not?

Nope, I am trying to become a cop and I am not one of the crooked ones.
Captcha: Laser Beams... so he wants me to fry someone?

DragonStorm247:
There may be 0% chance of getting caught, but what about chance of success? Like if he's asking you to kill Chuck Norris.

You won't get caught because they'll never find what's left of you.

It makes me smile that you thought of the exact same "Come back and bite you in the ass" response as me.

OT: Flip a coin and go from there.

Depends on who he wants me to kill and why. It'd also help to know the chance of being caught and if killing him is an option.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked