Thank you Jimquisition, no joke.

I used to be super freaking annoyed by Jimquistion so much could not stand it, but I tired watching all his other videos and I realized something I have good amount of respect for him now. I use to be a narrow minded idiot like most people. But he showed me that it okay to try and think for my self for once and not constantly listen to people like some puppet. Now I'm way more opened minded now than ever, and I have so many other types of friends now. And I love it. You know like he normally says "Thank god for me". I don't think he could be any more closer to the truth in my book. Thanks Jim for given me a open mind.

What do you think other gamers here? Do you think he help you see the world a little better?
(and no I'm not being a troll or trying to brown nose. I'm being serious)

You do know that "I think for myself now" and "I bow to Jim" are kinda conflicting statements?

Anyway he has gotten a whole lot better in his videos, and while he usually makes a good point he then proceeds to mount the troll steed and ride it out into the sunset.
And that sort of delivery just kills any respect I had for his opinion, if you want to make a serious statement then you haveto stick with it.

Mr.K.:
You do know that "I think for myself now" and "I bow to Jim" are kinda conflicting statements?

Since when were bowing and thinking two mutually exclusive actions?

Anyway I like Jim, he stands up for consumers and knows when to call bullshit.
His first few episodes where a bit rough but if you can get past his act he talks a lot of sense.
I'm glad he didn't get cancelled when everyone hated him at the start.

The Jimquisition is always an interesting show and I like the fact that it is still running. He did get a hell of a lot of hate.

Although if I had to choose between Jim being on the escapist and Extra Credits being on the escapist, sorry, but Jim comes second.

But it is an interesting segment and I like listening to people I do not neccesarily agree with. Tis much more fun than just listening to people I know I will agree with from the start.

Jim is just almost always right. He says what needs to be said, and he does it humourously and straight forward, seemingly unafraid of recieving flak from established gaming culture or the industry, so yes, he does deserve such respect.

I really like the Jimquisition. Jim is a practical guy with a good consumer oriented ideas. And when you say that you're thinking for yourself - I liked his earlier show slightly more. Because you had to put a minuscule amount of thought to catch his meaning behind the rants. I loved that - Jim was acting like a giant douche, spewing hate but also actual smart things. I laughed at the people who would comment how he didn't know what he's talking about or raged about his raging and similar. Over time, he became more...tame, I suppose, more straight, with less BS between his points and the viewer. But hey, if that's what it takes for people to understand what he's talking about, so be it.

Jim got flack when he first landed on The Escapist because his first episode was crap. His ideas were interesting, but the delivery was a gibbering, tangential piece of crap. That changed fairly quickly, he refined his style (if refined is a suitable word for someone who coined the phrase "jumped up, wormy string of goldfish shit," and now, well it's all good.

Jim's the sort of person that listened to the feedback. His first couple of episodes were absolute toss, but he change his style and format, and now it's pretty damn watchable.

He was trying to be a smart-ass and "troll" people, now he took the other side and is pretty much just taking the high-ground, picking the most asinine comments from people who should know better, and just saying things most people want to hear anyway.

THANK GOD FOR HIM

Jim has got it together since his first days and I generally agree with him. "Thank God for Me" while over the top is actually pretty funny.

"He fights for the users."
Seriously, with every other game journalist urging us to fold under every quick buck scheme the industry can come up with, it's good to know that there's one urging us to be savvy consumers.
I think I've always had an open mind. Raised in NYC; you kind of have to.

You know hes reading this thread. Hes not gonna comment until someone insults him in a specific way that he can use a prepared comeback to.

Crazy Zaul:
You know hes reading this thread. Hes not gonna comment until someone insults him in a specific way that he can use a prepared comeback to.

He's also fat.

Will that do it?

Initially I hated the Jimquisition, his arrogance annoyed me to the point where nothing he said left any effect at all.

I don't even know why but i stuck around for a couple of weeks and he has really grown on me.

Eventually I just started ignoreing the whole intro, and outro and just stuck around for the meat of the show. Through what he says during the "real" parts of the shows, ive gained a certain respect for him. And now I understand the whole thing is (Most probably) just a parody on itself.

After awhile it's kind of funny, and the show itself is great, a real eye-opener.
Get over the way he talks about himself and the whole show is a good time.

IMO

I love the Jimqusition! He talks about things in the gaming industry that are actually worth addressing (he also didn't make a pissy video about being addicted to games) EC wasn't bad, but the pretentiousness and lack of humor made it get boring. At least Jim's persona is funny and I have fun listening to him.

Indeed, thank god for Jim!

TizzytheTormentor:
I love the Jimqusition! He talks about things in the gaming industry that are actually worth addressing (he also didn't make a pissy video about being addicted to games) EC wasn't bad, but the pretentiousness and lack of humor made it get boring. At least Jim's persona is funny and I have fun listening to him.

Indeed, thank god for Jim!

He's also a very sexy man, as I believe I have mentioned before.

OT: Jim raises good, well thought out points and generally makes sense and brings across a good message for the consumer without being entirely "fuck EA". He offers alternatives rather than just hate, which is very nice indeed.

Thank Gods for Jim!

RazadaMk2:
The Jimquisition is always an interesting show and I like the fact that it is still running. He did get a hell of a lot of hate.

Although if I had to choose between Jim being on the escapist and Extra Credits being on the escapist, sorry, but Jim comes second.

But it is an interesting segment and I like listening to people I do not neccesarily agree with. Tis much more fun than just listening to people I know I will agree with from the start.

Eh, I was growing tired with the constant "GAMES ARE ART NOT F- TOYS" message that they kept constantly pushing, Jim is much more inline with my own thinking, and doesn't take himself so damn seriously yet still has valid points and a rational opinion, and most of all isn't afraid to admit he is/was wrong, that brought in a lot of the respect I have for him now. (Coming from someone who hated his first few episodes.)

DeltaWolfson:
I used to be super freaking annoyed by Jimquistion so much could not stand it, but I tired watching all his other videos and I realized something I have good amount of respect for him now. I use to be a narrow minded idiot like most people. But he showed me that it okay to try and think for my self for once and not constantly listen to people like some puppet. Now I'm way more opened minded now than ever, and I have so many other types of friends now. And I love it. You know like he normally says "Thank god for me". I don't think he could be any more closer to the truth in my book. Thanks Jim for given me a open mind.

What do you think other gamers here? Do you think he help you see the world a little better?
(and no I'm not being a troll or trying to brown nose. I'm being serious)

Hey there Jim, how's things? Love your show by the way.

(Not really... PSYCHE)

I love jims views and hate jim the persona(as i feel is to some extent the point), on the one hand I agree with everything he says to the extent I wish I could sponsor him to troll forums and deal with a lot of the industries apologists head on.
Jim is the troll of trolls, he literally seems to have power blocked so many of the people I really cant abide on forums, people who im very certain dont have financial concerns and praise w/e company for exploiting their fanbase, abjectly refusing to acknowledge any view differing from theirs, with clever quips like "sad fais 1st world problems boo hoo" when people expect a product to perform as advertised or a service to not contradict itself for providing anything but.
He does this in a way that often seems no more mature than the people he confronts, aping mimicry as the greatest form of compliment and using their own mannerisms and tendency to behave like children but in this case to provide information and opinion succinctly while sounding like a complete cock the whole time, jim makes immature and mature exist in the same space and time simultaneously making some sort of new level of maturity and a contextual paradox potentially great enough to fuck up the world, i dont at this time have a word for this mature/dick mentality, maybe "responsitroll", or "zenfucktardism". Im aware this annoys some people but for me its jims master-stroke, its the thing that differentiates jim from other "industry commentators" and he has a powersword, which imo never hurts, depending on relative position. to the pointy end.

My new favorite word is zenfucktardism if anyone provides a good definition on urban dictionary ill dig out an old meme* or something for you (*cake)

I don't feel he has opened my mind at all, but then doorways of perception left me feeling somewhat, "well duh, obviously", Dune when i was 12, now that opened my mind.

Ilikemilkshake:

Mr.K.:

Since when were bowing and thinking two mutually exclusive actions?

Anyway I like Jim, he stands up for consumers and knows when to call bullshit.
His first few episodes where a bit rough but if you can get past his act he talks a lot of sense.
I'm glad he didn't get cancelled when everyone hated him at the start.

Bowing is a sign of submission, at least in western culture. Knights bow/kneel to kings, Peasants bow to priests and everyone bows to god.

Being your own person while submitting to anothers will? Sounds like a contradiction to me.

But this is honestly a pedantic concern. Chances are the OP was just playing off of the "Thank god for Me" Catchphrase that Jim has.

Thank you Jim for repeating the popular opinion over and over again without giving a deeper thought to other sides of the issues.

Mr.K.:
if you want to make a serious statement then you haveto stick with it.

Bull Crap.

Satire is one of the most enduring forms of social commentary both in terms of contemporary, with wildly popular shows such as Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart,

and historically, with now famous works such as A Modest Proposal by Johnathan Swift.

He suggested (troll-ing-ly) that the British should eat babies rather than let them grow up to be the abused Irish poverty draining society, and it's one of the most oft-taught about works in British literature.

Thank you for sticking with watching it, those that have. It's meant a lot to me.

Ragsnstitches:

Bowing is a sign of submission, at least in western culture. Knights bow/kneel to kings, Peasants bow to priests and everyone bows to god.

Being your own person while submitting to anothers will? Sounds like a contradiction to me.

But this is honestly a pedantic concern. Chances are the OP was just playing off of the "Thank god for Me" Catchphrase that Jim has.

Knights bowed to kings because they respected their authority, not because they were particularly submissive. Both Jim's audience and those knights would change banner if their leader gave them too much crap.

Sorry for being pedantic about that too, but I still managed to add something relevant anyway :p

Captcha's life advice: "wing it"

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked